• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Escape Dream World v1.4

Reactions: deepstrasz

Escape Dream World

Pick your friends
Mind your surroundings
Avoid strangers
Face your inner demons
Stay away from the dark

A game to play, with friend and foe
Run fast first, but now so slow
Skate on ice, ski on snow
Easy now, what will show?

Welcome to Dream World! It's time to escape! In Dream World, all terrain tiles have unique, game-changing effects. Navigate these effects, and the suspicious characters you come across, to win the game! You'll need to run, dodge, slide and 2Dify your way to victory over up to 4 worlds and 10 levels. Good luck!
Join the EDW discord to find other people to play with, or submit a world record! Join the Escape Dream World Discord Server!

Worlds

Game Modes

Terrain Types

Powerups

Languages

Commands

Screenshots

Videos

Changelog

Credits

FAQ

Bugs

Learn how the basics of the game in a easy-does-it tutorial level. While on the tutorial level you'll have unlimited continues, your deaths won't be counted, and you'll even instantly come back to life! What a deal!

Past the intro you'll find the Doors to different worlds. Each world has a different theme, mostly meaning the types of terrain and obstacles. There are three worlds for players to see, but a full game for new players will probably only see part of one world.

9wHeihe.jpg
The land world is about optimal movement, but also being able to pause for a second when necessary. It's probably the most beginner friendly world, focusing on fun elements while keeping the gameplay familiar
OazufW9.jpg
The Ice world focuses on movement mechanics. It's meant to highlight your understanding and dexterity of movement. This world is pretty hard to start, and then picks up drastically from Level 3 onward
GvmzNBL.jpg
The 2.5D world focuses on changing perspective. It's meant to highlight how the same experience can play out so many different ways. This world isn't easy, but fun is definitely prioritized over difficulty

As you advance through a world, you'll gain and lose continues, and (hopefully) gain in score. Run out of continues, though, and you'll be booted back to the Doors, where you can start another world. Want to retry a world? Go again and you'll be sent back to the last level you started. Your team cannot replay a world that they have already fully finished.

Everyone plays through Dream World on the same team. You and your team will need to react through environments that affect how you play, and often how you move. You may have seen ice, but you've probably never seen this... In Warcraft III... Depending on how many games you've played.
Dying will leave a revive circle in your wake. Any living player can revive a dead player by moving into their revive circle.

If you beat the game and submit proof I'll send you hard mode. Beat that and I'll give you tournament mode.

The following difficulties are available for in-game selection in single player only:

VanillaMore continues, more checkpoints, fewer enemies, basic glory
ChocolateFewer continues, fewer checkpoints, more enemies, advance glory
99 and NoneLike Vanilla difficulty, except you start with 99 continues and never get anymore. Meant to be a more wholesome alternative to save/loading and memory editing. Still only comes in Vanilla, because you're clearly too basic for Chocolate

Terrain TypeMovement Effect
AbyssDeath, in a sudden, but still willing to bargain sorta way
LavaPAIN
VinesSooooo Sloooooow
GrassesEffects default movement speed. The darker the grass, the faster you go
LeavesSuper speed. Use with caution
IcesIce skating! The darker the ice, the faster you go
SnowSkiing! Try swaying back and forth rather than doing 180s (though both work!)
Rocky SnowVelocity skating, but you can't control your direction while on it
SandVelocity running!
Compass TileEnables willful teleportation in 4 cardinal compass directions
Mossy BricksSwitch between 3D and 2D
The RoadThe inky asphalt of the soul. Really, it's just visual

Terrain TypeMovement Effect
AbyssOpen space
LavaDeath, of the more abrupt variety
VinesStiiiiiill Sooooo Sloooooow
GrassesEffects default movement speed. The darker the grass, the faster you go. Some are diamond shaped
LeavesFirst up, then down
Light and Dark iceCauses 2D ice skating. The darker the ice, the faster you go. Diamond shaped
Medium iceObviously, the ocean
SnowSoft square terrain. Can't wall jump
Rocky SnowHard square terrain. Can't wall jump
SandSoft square terrain
Compass TileLet me see ya just bounce it with me
Mossy BricksSwitch between 2D and 3D
The RoadDiamond shaped but otherwise unremarkable

Terrain TypeScreenshot
Abyss
cGWgkwc.png
Lava
HyPOw5E.png
Vines
AdgoppI.png
Light Grass
Xs9Sf57.png
Dark Grass
9dXMtZN.png
Lumpy Grass
zJSDoMg.png
Leaves
wmBLvqc.png
Light Ice
GsmKSoD.png
Medium Ice
EO4zllf.png
Dark Ice
45p0MCI.png
Snow
gV6wAWP.png
Rocky Snow
HlJwY8B.png
Sand
VEtQd3p.png
Diamond Tile
tXETNdR.png
Mossy Bricks
TOnqU2G.png
The Road
zTVDcxc.png

Powerups are special units scattered across the different worlds. Touching one will immediately grant its effect. Some powerups apply to your team, and others to just the individual. Either way, each player can only benefit from a powerup once

Continue GainGain 2 raw continues (exact value depends on modes/teams)
Continue StealSteal 1 raw continue from a random team. If your steal sends their continues negative, they get sent back to the Doors
Score GainGain 2 score point
Score StealSteal 1 score point from the team in the lead

Solo InvulnerabilityLong-duration invulnerability from moving enemy units. Applies to just you
Team InvulnerabilityShort-duration invulnerability from moving enemy units. Applies to your full team

Powerup models may change in the future to be more clear

Continues
shjfcIS.png
Score
4PLJNsT.png
Invulnerability
s5Edy62.png

Escape Dream World natively supports the following 9 languages:
English
中文
français
Deutsche
italiano
한국어
Polskie
русский
Español

The language you installed with will be auto-detected as your default language shortly after the game begins, but you can always change during the game (see commands)

Please visit EDW Placeholder Translation to contribute to the translation effort for your language! Make your contributions directly in the Tracking spreadsheet (replace the auto-translation Google provides) and then color the cell red. (PM me directly if you make any updates, as I don't regularly check the spreadsheet unless notified)
It is easy to add **basic** support for a new language, so feel free to request your language in this thread if it was left out! Just be aware that **basic** means **bad** translations
Enter any command by typing "-" and then the command in game chat! All commands can be entered in any language
-afkImmediately set your status to AFK. Setting your status this way has no long-term penalty
-english / -languageSwitch your language to any other language already supported by EDW. For example, type -English or -Français

You can also enable / disable "Camera Tracking" by pressing the escape key! This mode is useful if you have a hard time with ice in general.
Submit your screenshots to this thread or via PM!
bo5u9VT.jpg

xNvvfqc.jpg

L03LRZF.jpg

kIfKwBO.png

Submit links to your videos to this thread or via PM!
[2021-03-04](v1.4.0) Fix for ongoing desync issues seen on some clients in the latest patches. As a result of this, I'm removing the in game vote, and replacing it with preselected gamemodes. See the tab on Game Modes for more details. You know, it might be a better game for not giving configuration options in game.
Fix for 2d jumping. Jumping should be a lot more reliable, no more trust issues here!
Infrastructure for additional PvP metrics. Please report any performance or bugs seen on the Ice levels here.
Level balances, particularly for easy mode.
All trucks are now red trucks, like they should have been from the start.
AFK detection improved.

[2020-02-12](v1.3.0) Reforged optimizations and Quality of Life (thank you Blizzard, deepstrasz and SlowWillyy). This update includes 33 minor versions, here are the highlights:
All game content is now optimized for native SD and HD assets. Huge shout out to Blizzard for models and engine improvements
3d Snow completely overhauled! Should feel much more like skiing now; you can control your momentum by weaving back and forth (no full stop necessary). Feedback by almost everyone that's played! This is my favorite change post release!
2d Ice now gives much more feedback from VFX
Camera automatically zooms out when player is in some areas (and back in after they leave those areas). Camera also zooms out while on the teleportation terrain tile. Feedback & suggestion by deepstrasz
Units that won't kill a player now owned by a friendly player, so selection events are yellow rather than red. Inspiration from deepstrasz's Somewhere Across Nowhere
Grass gameplay effect shifted to be more consistent - the darker the grass, the faster you run
Player unit size increased by 25% to look better in HD. Player unit radius / collision size increased to match

[2020-01-24](v1.2.0) Difficulty balancing for all first levels

[2020-01-16] (v1.1.0) Community Updates (thank you deepstrasz, tough_zai, and Otherknownoise)
Bug fix for 2+ players simultaneously activating the same foot switch. Bug report by Otherknownoise
Bug fix for unrendered vote menu when 1+ player disconnects during game load. Bug report by Otherknownoise
Chinese localizations improved, by Otherknownoise
Health bars always hidden, feedback & suggestion by deepstrasz
Quest added explaining available chat commands.
Game auto detects and resets a player's camera when its accidentally changed during 3d mazing, ie by accidentally scrolling.

[2019-12-7] (v1.0.0) First release!
Thanks to my partner, who's endured this map's development.

Shout out to the old WC3 crew: Pat1487, Achilles.42, Mazemasta77, Amazin[G], FFSlayer, Olonavy, Bandalar, hlw_rocer, KevKevQaz, KnightOfGods, BackseatDriver, popartica., Eat_Bacon_Daily, marksoccer, monkeys-forever, DoughnutMuffin, God[A]nt69, Makshak, 13phoenix
To Pat1487 and Anitarf for level ideas and more coding guidance than anyone should reasonably expect

Translations:
Otherknownoise - Simplified Chinese

Code:
Pat1487 - OG locust trick
Vexorian - TimerUtils (Chromatic TimerUtils 2.0 [for 1.24b+] - Wc3C.net)
Anitarf - vector3 (Vector - Wc3C.net)
Bribe - Table ([Snippet] New Table)
Alain.Mark - PlayerUtils
Nestheasarus - Alloc, DummyCaster, Event, Order IDs (nestharus/JASS but, realistically, nestharus/JASS)
TriggerHappy - PreventSave ([Snippet] PreventSave)

3D Models & Textures:
MC ! - Blackhole (blackhole)
Ket - Soviet Truck (Soviet truck), Soviet Car (Soviet car)
skrab - Firetruck (Firetruck), Ambulance (Ambulance), Police Car (Police car)
SD_Ryoko - Corvette (Vette)
Illidan(Evil)X - Jeep (Jeep)
vile - SlidingDustWith(out)Rocks (SlidingDustWithRocks)
Firelord213 - Walk Sign (Walkpole)
3rgytr54 - Nowhere/Lost, Stop, and Do Not Enter signs (Street Name Sign, Stop Sign, Do Not Enter Sign)
Blood Raven - Snow Pile (Frozen Cliff + Snow Pile)

2D Textures:
MassiveMaster - Road Terrain
Veronnis - HD Road Terrain
Anonymous author - Anime Sunset loadscreen art

Sound Effects:
Hasbro - Frogger Victory

Tools:
Vexorian - JassHelper 0.A.0.0
PipeDream, Vecorian, Cohadar, UMSWE team, Pitzermike, SFilip, Van Damm, Risc, ScorpioT1000, Mc!, Moyack, PurgeAndFire - JNGP World Editor v2.0
MindWorx & the above - SharpCraft World Editor Extended
Blizzard - Vanilla World Editor (Reforged)
sumneko, actboy168, other authors? - sumneko/w3x2lni
Shadow Daemon - BLP Lab v0.5.0
Google - Google Translate
Frotty - W3Protect (map finalization / protection)

Influences:
gameslayer001 - Platform Escape - influenced Platform/2D game mode and levels
tylerbelan - Escape Fantasy Land - influenced world design
Mech_1000 - Tricks & Traps - influenced goals for level content
nomorholywar - Into the Wild - influenced ice level design, Sliding Murlocs - tangentially influenced direction
adamt - Maze (influenced land level design)
Hasbro - Frogger (influenced land level designs)

Guides:
aznricepuff - My favorite guide to understanding vJASS's OOP design and intended usage (vJASS OOP Lesson)
Nestheasarus - A guide to optimizing vJASS's syntactic sugar (where did you go)
Codemonkey11 - A guide to scaling group enums in WC3's engine (vJass Optimization: Using a First of Group Loop for Enumeration)
BloodRaven - A guide to WE doodads & terrain (Advanced Terraining Tutorial)
SD_Ryoko - A guide to creating and importing custom terrain tiles in WC3 (Creating Custom Tile Sets)
Jeff Pang - Online vanilla JASS documentation (JASS Tools)
Tyrande-ma3x - WC3 Terrain raw codes (Terrain type Raw Value)
Raen7 - WC3 playercolors to hex codes (WC3 World Editor Player Colors)
Rufus - Map Description guide & templates (Description Guide - Maps)
Mayday - Reforged Custom Loading Screen (High Resolution Loading Screens)

Help:
Pat1487 - Too many answers to list all (Clan TMMM - Home)
Anitarf, PurgeandFire111, Bannar - Questions about globals (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p=1134646#post1134646)
Anitarf, PurgeandFire111, BBQ, Fledermaus - Questions about structs (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p=1132076#post1132076)
Anitarf, BBQ, Bribe - Wisp Wheel (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p=1131278#post1131278)
Dr Super Good - Too many answers to list all, but among which are tips to generating random points ([General] - Get evenly weighted, random point in rectangle), unit rotation mechanics (Unit turning mechanics.), MPQ localization ([General] - Data Storage in MPQ), help fixing red minimap caused by the abyss ([General] - 1.32 Red Minimap) and general sass about things I could have if only I used Starcraft 2's engine or, more recently, Lua
-Manuel- - Fix to setting unit immobile/mobile ([code=jass] - Prevent Movement)
Pyrogasm & Wrda - Approach to making units locally visible/invisible ([General] - Make units locally visible)
wc3neverdies - A fix for selecting terrain in the World Editor (World Editor crash)
Lep, Drake53, Pyrogasm, DSG, Tasyen - WC localization/language storage & auto-detection ([General] - Data Storage in MPQ)
TriggerHappy - Additional help on WC localization/language auto-detection via PM (primarily referencing How to localize map?)
deepstrasz, wolfman, x3GlikE - Hiding unit health bars (Hide Health Bar)
Otherknownoise - bug reports for Respawning Gateways MUI, player dropped during gameload
Veronnis - help migrating from .blp terrain tile to .dds

Thank you everyone again for taking time to consider my game and giving feedback and/or suggestions!

Pyrogasm - use blight tile to get around some limitations on tiles

v1.0
tough_zai - car feedback
Otherknownoise - difficulty feedback, Chinese localization feedback & suggestions
deepstrasz - health bar feedback & suggestion, camera feedback & suggestion, snow feedback
Eat_Bacon_Daily - victory condition (and how its related to player) feedback & suggestion
Q: there's so many terrain tiles! I can't enjoy all of them because I don't even know what's happening some of the time
A: yeah, that's a very real problem, and at this point I can't really see it fresh. The basic premise was that the tiles should all effect gameplay to some degree, and their combinations alone should be enough to be interesting even to veteran players. I think one of the biggest issues is that I present too many tiles that have significant gameplay impacts in quick succession, especially in the tutorial. I'd love to get feedback from you all on that topic

Q: the 2d terrain tiles looks don't match their physics geometry
A: that's another problem and I'm not going to solve it fully on my own. I tried to pick the most diamond looking tiles, and those are somewhat okay, but the square grass tile is especially confusing

Q: can you explain a mechanic more properly in game? trying to figure it out really detracted from my experience
A: yes! Please let me know which ones need it. That said, I try to explain less than more, while keeping the penalty for failure small initially. I really like the idea of the player discovering the different terrain effects and then exploring how it effects their gameplay / how they can use them situationally

Q: its hard to see the ice sometimes because of the trees!
A: true again! But you have to admit the trees add a lot more of a vibe to those levels than leaving them empty, and i can assure you that trees cannot kill people in my game. You should always be utterly confident of the fact that any time you die, it was me personally who killed you, and i don't do that about trees. The only exception to this rule are mortars teams, who are, by nature, single-mindedly murderous.
But this is splitting hairs, and there is something to your original point: you can still find trees not fun to deal with. Let me know the when/where/why that's the case and i'll remember your feelings (may not do anything about em, but they'll be there). Also, try those levels again with the wc3 occlusion setting enabled, and let me know how that is for you

Q: can I leave feedback directly?
A: yes! Thank you for taking the time to share. PM me directly here, or reply to the thread here
Only showstopper issues will be updated here.

Contents

Escape Dream World v1.4 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You should disable health bars at least during some phases like the start where the wisps look weird. Actually, lots of stuff have it: fire shield, fire etc. There should be a setting/command to make the view from a higher distance. Some places...
Level 6
thank you both for the feedback

that looks nice, cars and trucks inside Warcraft...
i like those models a lot too, my favorite is the soviet passenger car. links to their models are in the credits if you'd like to use them

can you edit this color,, its not so visible you might need to change it to a more visible color..
i sorta liked it a little hard to see, but if a few more people complain then ill change it

The difficulty is nice to me.
im glad you like it. the difficulty seems more divisive than i thought itd be, given the two options

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. You should disable health bars at least during some phases like the start where the wisps look weird. Actually, lots of stuff have it: fire shield, fire etc.
  2. There should be a setting/command to make the view from a higher distance. Some places, especially the skating parts, require fast beforehand planning and with the current camera you can't properly see the terrain and reaction time would be insufficient.
  3. Snow tile is just unbeareable. It just drags you down to exitus on the other side.
It's a mix of slide maps and Platform Escape, more on the slide side. It draws inspiration from other games as well.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Daffa the Mage
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 6
thanks for the feedback, deepstrasz

You should disable health bars at least during some phases like the start where the wisps look weird. Actually, lots of stuff have it: fire shield, fire etc.
that's a great suggestion! i'll look into implementation options for it ASAP. hopefully call EnablePreSelect(true, false) will work without regression issues...

this feature should be included in the next minor version (sometime before Reforged release, depending on other feedback)

There should be a setting/command to make the view from a higher distance. Some places, especially the skating parts, require fast beforehand planning and with the current camera you can't properly see the terrain and reaction time would be insufficient
ive gone back and forth on this. my issue with it is that a zoomed out camera is almost exclusively an advantage compared to a zoomed in camera. the player is provided more information, and can use (or ignore) that information as they see fit. a zoomed in camera provides a player less information and automatically tunnel visions them. i dont want camera zoom level to contribute to competitive advantage in any noticeable way

that said, youre totally right that the default camera is limiting enough to be a problem for the player, especially on the ice levels. its not a fun problem, so its effect should be reduced. im thinking of a system that automatically transitions camera zoom level for specific sections.

this feature will be included in a later, major update

Snow tile is just unbeareable. It just drags you down to exitus on the other side.
lol im sorry you hate the snow mechanic. the mechanic was meant to encourage changing direction, managing your momentum, and get a kinda ghetto skiing mentality going. it fell short though, there are only a few ways to really use the mechanic, and its also not very intuitive

i think i could guess which level you dislike the most, the 3rd ice level, and i think many players will dislike big chunks of that level for similar reasons as you. im going to wait for more feedback before addressing this issue

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
that's a great suggestion! i'll look into implementation options for it ASAP. hopefully
call EnablePreSelect(true, false)
will work without regression issues...
I think @Tasyen knows how to disable health bars and stuff.
ve gone back and forth on this. my issue with it is that a zoomed out camera is almost exclusively an advantage compared to a zoomed in camera. the player is provided more information, and can use (or ignore) that information as they see fit. a zoomed in camera provides a player less information and automatically tunnel visions them. i dont want camera zoom level to contribute to competitive advantage in any noticeable way
Automatically make the camera go up on dangerous zones like the long snow paths (especially when you're coming with high speed from the ice parts).
that said, youre totally right that the default camera is limiting enough to be a problem for the player, especially on the ice levels. its not a fun problem, so its effect should be reduced. im thinking of a system that automatically transitions camera zoom level for specific sections.
Yeah.
lol im sorry you hate the snow mechanic. the mechanic was meant to encourage changing direction, managing your momentum, and get a kinda ghetto skiing mentality going. it fell short though, there are only a few ways to really use the mechanic, and its also not very intuitive
It's all good but there are long parts with holes and it's hard to plan your position and stuff because of the camera, as mentioned above.
i think i could guess which level you dislike the most, the 3rd ice level, and i think many players will dislike big chunks of that level for similar reasons as you. im going to wait for more feedback before addressing this issue
Fair.

Level 12
Hey Seren!
We played your map the other day and really enjoyed it! Some levels were really impressive! The one on the right hand side of the map where you have to go through the level multiple times with different mechanics was a work of art my friend. The variety in mechanics is really cool especially new times of sliding that iv'e never seen before!

The only feature i wish was implemented would be a way to play all the levels! Our game ended after we beat 3-4 worlds i think.

Anyway we look forward to playing your map again!

Level 6
Hey Seren!
We played your map the other day and really enjoyed it! Some levels were really impressive! The one on the right hand side of the map where you have to go through the level multiple times with different mechanics was a work of art my friend. The variety in mechanics is really cool especially new times of sliding that iv'e never seen before!

The only feature i wish was implemented would be a way to play all the levels! Our game ended after we beat 3-4 worlds i think

Anyway we look forward to playing your map again!

thanks, that made me feel warm n fuzzy :)

hmm you might have beaten all the levels in the game! there are 3 worlds, with 10 levels total (4 ice + 3 platforming + 2 land + 1 intro). You win the game after beating any 5 (or so) levels in Vanilla or all 10 levels in Chocolate (assuming you don't get any score powerups). i should make it more clear why the game ended and what you actually achieved by beating it... maybe that's something that the victory sequence can try to do, if i ever motivate to do a victory sequence at all

Level 6
This might be the final version of the v1 release, big thanks to everyone who contributed. @deepstrasz id love to know what you think about the snow and camera zoom mechanics, and if there's anything else you think is holding this game back

The next major release will either focus on more levels/content, or a new gameplay mode that's more like a conventional maze (and potentially can end in just a few minutes). Suggestions are always appreciated!

[2020-02-12](v1.3.0) Reforged optimizations and Quality of Life (thank you Blizzard, deepstrasz and SlowWillyy). This update includes 33 minor versions, here are the highlights:
All game content is now optimized for native SD and HD assets. Huge shout out to Blizzard for models and engine improvements
3d Snow completely overhauled! Should feel much more like skiing now; you can control your momentum by weaving back and forth (no full stop necessary). Feedback by almost everyone that's played! This is my favorite change post release!
2d Ice now gives much more feedback from VFX
Camera automatically zooms out when player is in some areas (and back in after they leave those areas). Camera also zooms out while on the teleportation terrain tile. Feedback & suggestion by deepstrasz
Units that won't kill a player now owned by a friendly player, so selection events are yellow rather than red. Inspiration from deepstrasz's Somewhere Across Nowhere
Grass gameplay effect shifted to be more consistent - the darker the grass, the faster you run
Player unit size increased by 25% to look better in HD. Player unit radius / collision size increased to match

Level 6
Version 1.4 should address the desync issues that some players have been experiencing since patch 1.32.5 at the start of multiplayer games. Please note that in game mode selection is now only available in single player. See the tab on Game Modes for more details

The other major improvement is jumping reliability in 2d, it's feeling really good. There are a few other quality of life improvements across the board, but mostly minor stuff

I'm attempting to use 1.4 as a testing ground for new infrastructure needed for a potential future update bringing unique abilities and/or PvP features. If all goes well, you won't ever notice it. If it goes badly, you'll probably experience spikes of lag in the Ice World and discover the first minor version of EDW coming soon. Please let me know what you find!

[2021-03-04](v1.4.0) Fix for ongoing desync issues seen on some clients in the latest patches. As a result of this, I'm removing the in game vote, and replacing it with preselected gamemodes. See the tab on Game Modes for more details. You know, it might be a better game for not giving configuration options in game.
Fix for 2d jumping. Jumping should be a lot more reliable, no more trust issues here!
Infrastructure for additional PvP metrics. Please report any performance or bugs seen on the Ice levels here.
Level balances, particularly for easy mode.
All trucks are now red trucks, like they should have been from the start.
AFK detection improved.