• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide Health Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
  • Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
-Disables for all units tho.
--More easy than other triggers.
---Can be done with vJass I think.(Disable for one unit only)

Wow thank you so much lol

EDIT:
I also noticed the thing that disables the ability to select units, is there a way to do that, but still show selection circles?
(i want to select units with triggers, but not allow players to select other units)

Shift + Double Click method ?
Exactly
Is there a way to hide a units health bar besides by making it locust?
I would use locust, but i want to be able to add it to a unit group with trigs.
Pick unit group and add this below to ad locust to it:
  • Custom script: call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'AUls', GetEnumUnit() )

Level 37
Exactly
Pick unit group and add this below to ad locust to it:
  • Custom script: call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'AUls', GetEnumUnit() )

• Custom script: call UnitAddAbility( GetEnumUnit() , 'AUls')
;)

And do you mean 'Aloc'?

Removing Locust from a unit leaves the unit untargetable and unselectable.

If one adds Locust, removes it and then performs instant back-and-forth metamorphosis, a unit won't have selection cicle, it can't be selected but can be targeted.

Then you can hide/unhide it and it will be normal.

Level 11
Maker is right. Optinal you can transform the unit by using chaos ability. The preselection of units can be disbaled as well by performing:

• Custom script: call EnablePreSelect( boolean state, boolean ui )
That means, the circle won't be shown when mouse over a unit, as well as the hp bar.

Level 11
Do you use JNGP? if you do, then it's very simple to hide the health bar. just simply SHIFT-Enter the selection circle option of the unit add type -1. a negative value hides the unit's health bar, but still enabling players to select it. =)

I think that this would be the best way for me. The whole problem with locust is that i have a projectile system, so each unit always has to be able to be selected using the Select Units in Range to see if a missile hits it. And this seems easier than adding/removing locust and all that stuff

Level 7
Locust is used to make units spawned by Crypt Lord's Locust Swarm unselectable (untargetable) and doesn't show their health bar.

Also, please avoid necroposting. This thread is from 2011.
so every time there's a related topic, you just make repetition of the same topic in help? sure, if that's convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.