1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Here are the winners of Icon Contest #15!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Daffa the Mage challenged Rheiko to create the better GUI spell. Vote who you think was best here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Decide who's the leader among the leaders! The poll for the Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Join Music Contest #7 - Location! Craft a song that depicts any place.
    Dismiss Notice

blackhole

Submitted by Mc !
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
==================================================================================
·/·/·/·/Black Hole\·\·\·\·

Model By
·····Mc !

==================================================================================

This model DOESN'T use custom textures, IF there is a texture, it is a false texture, that has been made for not increasing the filesize of the .zip because some trolls always start trolling of that.

If you import the textures the worldedit will just crash, and you'll never be able to use your map again, unless you unimport them with an mpq editor.

To repair your map you just have to find the path of the textures you mistakenly imported, and then you remove the false textures. The false textures are textures that, when you open them with notepad are empty. that's how you recogniaze them.

Keywords:
black, hole, purple, portal, gate, dimension,
Contents

blackhole (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: (Approved) [09-28-07] Model works ingame and performs well.
  1. General Frank:

(Approved) [09-28-07]

Model works ingame and performs well.

2. SnaKy

SnaKy

Nice use of billboards =)
    I give it 4.5/5

3. Almost_there

Almost_there

very nice 4/5

4. Ragnarok X

Ragnarok X

This is similar to Dark Matter Gun proyectil of Quake 4.

5. Matt540 sheep god!

Matt540 sheep god!

Black holes dont give off light unless they are near a star you know....and no star discovered was purple. The closest to purple stars we found is blue dwarfs, which are give off a slight purple/blue glow, though they are blue. 8) Im a genious you know. :p

6. Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Matt540, sheep god! , it's becouse the gravity force of a black hole is so strong that even light can't leave. So if you, by any coincidence, get stuck in a black hole, you sure won't leave. Becouse nothing can't be more faster than light it self. There for if you are faster than the light you wouldn't be able to see the light it self, there for you would be blind. So you could get stucked in a black hole(and stucked in time), or if you are faster than the light it self you would be blind. SO CHOSE! Great model thou MC ! :)

7. Vexorian

Vexorian

Actually it has been discovered recently that black holes don't absorb all the light, google please

8. BertTheJasser

BertTheJasser

Great 5/5. :D

9. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Great - first black hole I've seen that actually fits in to wc3. And the filesize! I think I can use this beauty for something.

10. Matt540 sheep god!

Matt540 sheep god!

Vexorian is right. The way we find black holes are if they are near a star. They cant absorb all the light. It comes in little by little, giving off x-rays as it goes along. The x-rays escape, and telescopes designed to find them locate strong scources of it. Vexorian, I salute you. Your the only person I know that has the same intrest in astronomy as me! :D

11. Matt540 sheep god!

Matt540 sheep god!

Btw, Black holes will evaporate away eventually in time. A long long time, but Steven Hawking himself predicted that black holes, giving the a few googel of years, will just...evaporate into space. Dont trust me? Go to your local book store, and read "blue moons to black holes", question: "Where does everything go after it enters a black hole?", Paragraph 1 on page 162, sentence 2.

How do I know this? Im all A honor roll. Freakaziod, I have a question for you: are you a high school drop-out? Cause I learned this from my astronomy studies when I was in 5th grade! And Im in 9th :p Im so much smarter thatn you freakaziod. Jealous? :twisted:

12. Gray-Wolf

Gray-Wolf

Er...no offense to you matt or anybody, but could you stop with this "black hole debate" and focus on the model? it's pretty interesting and all but what is really important here is the model.

By the way, I like it, 5/5.

13. Jimnaboo

Jimnaboo

It looks kinda like he spelled half of the words wrong. That isn't just me, right?

14. Ruffs

Ruffs

black hole drama!

15. Thick_Armor

Thick_Armor

Don't you already know this? It's one of the first things I learnt about black holes :S. Well I'm gueesing you do! But I'm gonna say just incase! :thumbs_up:

The center of a black whole has no volume and infinite density, so that means there's obsolutely no space in it but it could fit the whole universe inside! Pretty weird to think about, and if I think into this kinda stuff too much my mind boggles xD.

-Thick

16. Zacharias

Zacharias

Wrong, it has a volume. But its indeterminate, because its a singularity. Something like dividing by zero, not imaginable by human beings.

Well no. More mass would cause a "bigger" black hole, if you consider the dimension of a black hole as the Schwarzschild radius. Which is some kind of factoidal model.

Thats why its only calculateable, not imaginable. Don´t even try to interpret all this stuff as a black sphere :grin:

[/offtopic]
    Besides the fact that a black hole would be at least elliptic, nice model ;)

17. suicidal-cookie

suicidal-cookie

:D nice model:thumbs_up:....and you guys got fuggin epicly pwnd >.> never seen such ownage.... except that one tiem that i killed my cousins base with a gient chicken :bored:

edit....+rep for ownage >.>
    edit..again..and +rep for black hole :D

18. Xionn

Xionn

awesome i can use for save/load of my games.
    5/5

19. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Looks stunning!