• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Cinematic Mini-Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
cinematicmini2.png

Cinematic Mini-Contest #2!

Contest Theme: Horror

Each contestant must create a horror cinematic.
Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. The cinematic must follow the contest theme, which is Horror.
  3. All cinematics must be made from scratch and cannot have been made or started before the contest.
  4. All cinematics cannot go on for no longer than 2 minutes in total, including credits.
  5. WEU and Custom Cinematic Systems can be used for the Cinematic, however you have to clearly state if you have used it or not.
  6. You may not work in teams, you must make this Cinematic on your own.
  7. There is no limit to how many imports you may have in a map, however please try and keep the file size down as much as possible.
Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 20 reputation points and a special award icon.
  • Second Place: 10 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points
Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submitted 2 weeks after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on January 16, 2008 and conclude on

January 30 2008 0:00 AM, GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
If I can find the time I will enter. Now I have to decide whether I want an unseen threat or something more visible.

What do you consider "horror". All horror movies I know of are either gore or suspense, sometimes both. I think I will look up dictionary.com and go by their definition.

EDIT: My cinematic will be called Delirium Tremens. According to dictionary.com, it means
dictionary.com said:
a withdrawal syndrome occurring in persons who have developed physiological dependence on alcohol, characterized by tremor, visual hallucinations, and autonomic instability
I found this term whilst looking up what horror means. I now know exactly what I am doing.

Last edited:
Level 19
I would need the song to be without any singing. Something that sounds mysterious etc.
EDIT: I have some kind of idea now but the song is still missing.
EDIT2: I finally found a few cool songs. Now if I just have motivation to do the cinematic.

Last edited:
Level 19
So how are you people doing? I am over 50%. More precisely the time was 1:44 and I still haven't done the final part. I propably have to get a few seconds from somewhere and I just might make it for 2:00. It is okay to have credits in loading screen I assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.