• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Development Mini-Contest #2 [Hero Defense]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fast wip of the terrain :D

Story = Apparently goblins managed to be even be hated by murlocs because they are just too awesome for them.. like any other race of Azeroth.. anyway, so the ugly and stinky murlocs want to rule the goblins with their smell, and it is your role to stop them and to prouve that ''again'' goblins are just too awesome for them.. :thumbs_up:

P.S (it's true!! D:)

-=Hero classes=-

Goblin Alchemist

A badass goblin that makes potions to make things blow and die..

Spell #1 = Poison Potion = The goblin throws a cloud of poison potion on the floor, creating a hug poisonus cloud and turning everybody breathing it, sick... MOUHAHHAhha

Spell #2 = Fire Potion = The goblins throws a fire potion that blows! and that turns Murlocs into Smelly and tasty fish meat

Spell #3 = Healing Potion = The goblin throws it to a friend and he gain some of his health back :D!

Spell #4 = Morph = The goblin drinks a magic potion and turn himself into a huge warrior! (Rizz_Boomers sponsered)

----------------------------------

Goblin Warrior

an awesome goblin that use his agility to DESTROY! the enemis :D

Spell #1 = ...?!

Spell #2 = ...?!

Spell #3 = ...?!

Spell #4 = ...?!

-----------------------------------

More incoming :D

Attachments

• brigde.JPG
    brigde.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 140
Level 13
Squidle joined the contest. [15:29 6/07/2009]

Information
Theme
Undead/Darkness
Players
Heroes
Sandman, Summoner,
Skelton King and Undead Archer
Tileset
Villager (Fall)

Level 7
My map is 50% done :grin:
-Two armies clash in the heart of Ashenvale forest !
-A small outpost of the Alliance was setup, this is a tactical point however and the Orc want to capture it, will you survive this mass attack ??
-This is a Hero defense in which teamwork is essential, each character has it's own rule, not a superman, overpower chracter who stands alone all the match (like X Hero Siege:cute:)
-Skills/Spells normally evolve in main stats (str/dex/int) with about 8 epic Heroes available !
-Additionally, you can do some small tests for exampla assassinate the Orc warchief for good items and weaken the enemy:bored:

-Some WIPs (ingame looks much better)

Attachments

• Alliance.jpg
    Alliance.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 94
  • ElvenBase.jpg
    ElvenBase.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 77
  • OrcBase.jpg
    OrcBase.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 95
Level 13
Okay the import story...
If I import a Icon... I have BTN and DISBTN, so it are 2 files... but does that count for one import?
And for a model, I need to import the model+portrait+the blp...
Does this counts for one too? or are it 3 import...

nice!, but how did you do something like this? since we can't change the map boundary? :D, you made small doodads and made the camera closser?

Have fun at your vacation! (where are you going? :huh:)

Last edited:
Level 7
Oops, i forgot about the import matter, 10 is nothing, my map needs at leats 100 icons :))

Bounty Hunter, i think you should limit the import size, or mapsize, not the quantity !

I have just finished a Hero Defense terrain but i won't use it so i want to share, hope someone finds it useful :grin:

Attachments

• crywolf.JPG
    crywolf.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Battle of Crywolf.w3x
    277 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 8
My map is 50% done :grin:
-This is a Hero defense in which teamwork is essential, each character has it's own rule, not a superman, overpower chracter who stands alone all the match (like X Hero Siege:cute:)
-Skills/Spells normally evolve in main stats (str/dex/int) with about 8 epic Heroes available !

Damn. I spent more than half time in this contest on abilities that become stronger with str/dex/int just to find out that it wont be original :sad:

Level 13
Oops, i forgot about the import matter, 10 is nothing, my map needs at leats 100 icons :))

Bounty Hunter, i think you should limit the import size, or mapsize, not the quantity !

I have just finished a Hero Defense terrain but i won't use it so i want to share, hope someone finds it useful :grin:

Ya. That would be better!
It makes the map more fun with alot of imports!
Just don't take the Lindormr dragon... 1278 kB! :eekani:

Level 13
So...
What's about the imports?
Is it only 10 files, or is it 10 resources?

And is there a minimum required waves, and max?

Level 13
Okay thanks, but what should I do...

I think I gonna do 20/21 waves.
But how many units? I was thinkig 'bout 20...
Cuz it's a 4-player game and you all have to work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.