• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Cinematic Mini-Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Sometimes there may be a great cinamatic but without an escape function, but that won't mean that it is unprofessional, just a thought. :p
No, I didn't want to say that the whole cinematic is unprofessional without an escape function, even less if the cinematic is just a minute in length! :wink:
Anyways, e.g. I am searching for a cinematic and don't remember it's name, so I start some in wc3 and often after some seconds I may realize that the started one is not the one I search for. It's a little disappointing if I can't just escape the cinematic then but have to quit and relaunch whole wc3. This is just a lack of comfort for the watcher, but it's so easy to make better (one trigger: Player skips cinematic | fade out 1 second | wait 1 second | victory not showing anything; and that's all!), so just do it - that's my opinion. :wink:

Level 37
About the escaping from cinematic. I will tell you why I did not do it.
- The cinematic is only 1 min long
- My cinematic is also watchable in battle.net(if someone leaves there will be a text that I cannot delete)
- I have putted all my other cinematics "escape button" thing

I don't wanna comment about Waldbaer's review about the cinematics but I have to say one thing: it's only his/her own opinion.

UchihaSasuke.gr said:
Ok.Oh and something else. No offense to kitabatake...but.. Your cinematic sucked.
In my opinion, it was the most entertain cinematic. I had to watch 5 times in row before I was satisfied. It was so funny(I was watching it in battle.net with friends, so don't think I'm crazy! :p).

Level 10
I don't wanna comment about Waldbaer's review about the cinematics but I have to say one thing: it's only his/her own opinion.

To take you unsureness: for me you can use "his"! :wink:

By the way: I did not give any rating which can be compared between the cinematics, so keep that in mind. Cinematics which got some "-" points from me are not necessarily bad - not even in my opinion!

Oh, I see...I was doing it with the sound off. =/
Well than it's really bad, not surprising! :wink:

(Don't forget to turn sounds and musics on before watching)
Oh, I see...I was doing it with the sound off. =/
Yep yep. That reminder is there for a reason.

I was already considering to put that warning on the loading screen also but then I thought that nobody would watch a cinematic without having sounds on...

Oh and I would appreciate it if you didn't spoil all the content in your comments thank you.

Level 19
If you can't open Warcraft III to play a map then that is really lazy, one of the laziest things I have ever heard. And btw Aeroblyctos you protect your maps so I don't understand what you have to complain if there is a problem. I always play maps through Warcraft unless I'm testing my own map. There's nothing I can do about it and it was not my intention that it would not open with WE. I find it a bit offending if somebody can't play a map just because it does not open with WE, but I don't really care will you watch it or not, but you won't be able to vote in the poll.

Level 1
My Goal

My Goal is not always to win but to have fun:grin:
-Some of you people are way to serious try to play around and have fun.:xxd:

Ooo Also I hope somebody learned from my mistakes:razz:

Level 24
ok, Jaakko can update his cinematic so that it can open in normal WE. Thats all hes allowed to do though.

Its only one function, and its not as if him taking out a function is gonna increase the quality of his cinemtic or anything, all its doing is giving him a chance for people to vote for him (those people who are too lazy to open up wc3).

Ok, i'm gonna delete all of the posts to do with this, since its basically just spam atm.

Level 10
Anyways, it's a nice try and better than nothing, I think! :wink:

Another thing, since Bob deleted the whole posts instead of just the parts concerning the "Jaako-Problem": Since cinematic music is often essential for the cinematic, I recommend to play them as sounds (also the action "play music theme does this) instead of music. Many people (including me) have turned the music off normally while playing to listen to their own music, so this may prevent some disappointments.

Level 37
UchihaSasuke.gr said:
Aeroblyctos I would to comment your map:
It is good.The idea rocked!But poorly made and too much spells that make it kinda boring.Pretty good though.7/10.
I made my cinematic poorly? No I didn't. I spend some time to making it. I think the special effects were nice and I like them by myself. All other cinematic expect Kitabatake's awesome cinematic there are always a fight between two guys. That's a boring and too popular idea. I have same kind of idea, but they are not fight, it's a slaughter!

Level 12
Well, I think that the winner is almost certain. I forgot his name but but that scene with gnoll was superb. I can imagine this can be part of some greater cin.

But i must be proud of myself cos I opened WE and finished some map last time maybe two years ago :)

Status
Not open for further replies.