• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Catholics V2.0

Reactions: deepstrasz
NIarfe003 Present's
Catholics v.2.0!
Race Features:
*Workers:
- Energies: Gold Harvesters. Teleports basic structures.
- Planars: Wood Harversters. Teleports advanced structures.
*Main Defences:
- Devoteds: Melee trooper with low hp and quick regeneration.
- Wathcers: Skilled markswomen that can see invisible units.
*Strongest units:
- Divine Destroyers: Mechanical Melee trooper with heavy armor.
- Holy Hunter: Mechanical Anti- Air units.
- Heavenly Wrath: Flying ultimate unit.
*Spell Casters:
- Fathers: Support spell caster with healing abilities: Restore, Confess, God Gift.
- Nun: Essential spell caster with power spells: Inspire, Devotion, Glorify.
*Heros:
- Justicar: Coming directly from High Priest's Celestial Court for slay Demons. Abilities: Judge, Life Gift, Retribution Aura, Archangel Shape
- Holy Knight: Defensors of Blesspring, arrising in weapons during Undead invasion. Abilities: Light Beam, Fury of Lights, Blade of Divine, Crushing Light.
- Grand Helar: Companions of Holy Knights, helps during Undead invasion on Blesspring: Abilities: Greater Heal, Sacred Sphere, ArchHealing, Convertion.
- Templar: Legendary Warriors that fighted demons in Holy War. Abilites: Heroic Strike, Divine Armor, Inspiracy Aura, Ripple of Purification.

Niarfe003's Notes: Descriptions are from a future project that may or may not come out with this race, A camping called "Chooseds of God".

Area of Ideas:
  • New Buildings: Angelical Aviary: trains light air units.
  • New air units, ideas would be appreciated. My own idea is "Holy Ghost" and can cast Inner Fire. needs models and ideas
  • New Spellcaster. needs models and ideas
  • New heavy siege mechanical unit may be Holy Cannon, needs models.
  • If you've any idea for units, heros, items, upgrades, abilities, buildings, etc please Pm me.
Credits:
~Icons
Azcalmo
BlizzEnt
Darkfang
CRAZYRUSSIAN
PeeKay
Zephirus2412
Elenai
67chrome
KelThuzad
SkriK
kingbdogz
meatfactory
Elfsilvers
Leopard
zbc
Dalharukn
Avex
Sin'dorei300
Ex-AnGel
Murlocologist
The Panda
San
JollyD
Kola
~Nightmare
~Models
Ujimasa Hojo
Grey Knight
expersso
Tranquil
Arch Angel
General Frank
Direfury
nGy
Edge45
Susselishe
prMosquito
JoySoy
UgoUgo
JetFangInferno <----LOL xD
xyzier_24
Sweet Oblivion
~Textures
Black_Stan
67chrome
Lordaeron Creator
Wisdom
Blood Raven
Cloud Wolf
Dionesiist
~Spells
-BerZerk
Freaky DevA
---If I missed someone, please notify me---
Contents

Catholics V2.00 (Map)

Reviews
FlameofChange
Hello there, i felt free to do some changes in some mechanics. To put it simple it does the same but in a more compact algorithm (and also deleted some unit group leaks and useless triggers). Here's the feedback : ☼ Early troops might have a too...
deepstrasz
Approved. (review: Catholics V2.0)
Hello there, i felt free to do some changes in some mechanics. To put it simple it does the same but in a more compact algorithm (and also deleted some unit group leaks and useless triggers).

Here's the feedback :
☼ Early troops might have a too cheap price compared to their potential.
☼ Spanish human captain voice is funny to be honest.
☼ Economical upgrade should only affect wood (for gold it would be broken)
☼ The Victory trigger is messy, it's hard to understand the logic (or it's a scraped mechanic which may be upgraded later, who knows ?)
☼ Watch out for effects leaks and some misspells, but yeah leaks and typo are common problems in all of the Warcraft 3 maps so don't worry about it :p

Attachments

• Catholics edited by FlameofChange.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 352
Level 4
Hello there, i felt free to do some changes in some mechanics. To put it simple it does the same but in a more compact algorithm (and also deleted some unit group leaks and useless triggers).

Here's the feedback :
☼ The Victory trigger is messy, it's hard to understand the logic (or it's a scraped mechanic which may be upgraded later, who knows ?)
☼ Watch out for effects leaks and some misspells, but yeah leaks and typo are common problems in all of the Warcraft 3 maps so don't worry about it :p
Thanks Dude, I will do the changes soon.

Level 5
I don't play a lot of WC3 in recent times but I tried your map out and I have to say I actually had a lot of fun with it. I hadn't explored every single function of your race but with the time my friend and I spent on it, it was pretty fun.

Level 4

Here's the feedback :
Hey, I had problems with you Choosing Trigger; so I decide to go back to mine.... Anyway thanks for the other modification, Dude.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I guess you should also add your name to the author along BlizzEnt.
You could add some screenshots and write a proper description.

Items don't have proper descriptions. What about values, details?
Tooltip Tutorial
Creating Good Descriptions

You should try to differentiate the techtree more from that of the original Human. For instance, the towers are pretty much the same with small exceptions.
Upgrades in the Blacksmith and Lumber Mill are the same.
Pope's first spell has even Espanol description along with the English one.
Spells in general need a precise description of what they do.
Expiation requires no mana and I don't exactly know how or if it works. Valour also has Espanol in its description.
Altar Boy is a useless unit considering the spells, especially the second which takes so much mana while the unit is weak.
The Saint only has normal Warcraft III spells: Essence of Blight (Obsidian Statue), Spirit Link (Spirit Walker) and Firebolt (Warlock).
Nobles have hero glow.
Hard Wood's icon=that of the upgrade for more lumber gathering.
Catastrophic Tower has Chaos damage, and big one too. I'm not sure how balanced that is against other factions.

Holy Arrow's icon does not look like it can be autocast, you can make it look like that with this program:
Button Manager v1.8.2
also, about icons (importing and all):
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
Holly Arrow is just Faerie Fire.

The Holy bomb seems rather powerful.
Guardians are kind of strong for 2 food.
Divine Eye is overpowered. It's basically temporary maphack. Not only that but you get 3 charges per purchase.
Protectorate and Prayer's Fort have the same hotkey, P.
Too much evasion on too many units.
Might want to find another skin or model for that Divine Destroyer. It looks bad.

What's this?
CatholicsMap.jpg

All in all, it's a pretty good touch.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited: