• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Contest #2 - War is everywhere [Deceased]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
It's not dead, it's just that ronojales is the absolute winner and we all suck.

i have no idea if i would be happy or not that i "won" because of that XP

hmm. i dunno, i wouldn't mind having an honorable award or something just for having a finished entry, but i feel quite.. indifferent? (can't find a word to describe it haha).. having the winning award. though i'll leave that to Pharaoh_'s hands :3

~and i'll be terribly surprised if this gets another extension with no one else but us on this D:

Level 17
Finished

Description: War has come to Middle Campaign Contest #2. The one Map will win them all.
*Play Pokemon theme tune* Gotta win them all. So here it is the WAR OF THE RONOJALES

Side note Yeh im guessing i lost this :(

Attachments

• War of the Ronojales.w3n
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 34
After the fiasco of the first one, it seems rather ambitious to have started a second contest.

It's good to see at least two entries! Is anyone else still working on one?

Level 21
mmmmh gurl how u doin tonite u lukin fien '

views from the intro cinematic, dialogue will be added and stuff1!

Attachments

• BS1.png
    BS1.png
    766.4 KB · Views: 126
  • BS2.png
    BS2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • BS3.png
    BS3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
Level 21
development is going SMASHINGLY, first level is about three quarters done-ish and the intro cinematic just needs touch-ups.

attached picture is of the first level, the game will consist mainly of temple ruins like this that you explore, with the war theme motivating the events of the game as well as taking place in battles between groups of religious people inside the temples.
the general even is that a (SECRET!!!) cataclysmic event occurred some time back, which formed these ruins/temples (they are side effects, explained IG) that contain magical artifacts, each with a power for the wielder, for example the first one will be the Meteor artifact, which you lose quickly. War broke out as a side effect of the event; anarchy practically spread across the lands and that kind of thing
also the campaign is titled Broken Skies. :- )

Attachments

• BS4.png
    BS4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
Level 21
oh, thought i posted this this morning.

unfortunately i can't because it's more work on 3 separate levels, only one of which is partially done with terrain and the triggering etc was all done in separate maps since my partner and i were working along parallels for a while. it's all still rough work, the 2.3 was more a combination of what we'd done, none of it is actually playable unfortunately D:.
however if there is a motivated triggerer out there willing to do something of this (relatively) large size, i'd definitely be keen to do it, and it most definitely wouldn't have to be those temples/just those temples or anything. i have a few ideas but i simply can't trigger for shit and so yeah... i also only have 2 weeks left before uni starts so would be very limited time scale too, which i thought would help to motivate but didn't!
so yes - if anyone truly is keen, do contact me : )

Level 8
When is this going to be polled so we can have our next Campaign Contest? Back in November I was going to take part in this one, but I saw that it was going to be done in a few days, and then there was an extension but I found out about it too late, and then there was another extension but I found out about it too late again. Whats the hold up on the polling?

Level 8
Then lets reset the god damn contest! I bet you the biggest reason that people didn't apply to this one was because they were confused with the extensions. The contest started around the time that School starts for most people, and then was extended at the last minute before the extension period began.

How about this: Reset the contest. The theme "War Is Everywhere" is perfect! I would be very exited to be able to participate in this contest and I'm sure a lot of other people would aswell.

Same contest, new start date, new concluding date.

Either that, or give the contest another major extension so that more people can participate.

This is the best option.

Last edited:
Level 14
Ive been working on my campaign. I decided to do a Warcraft-universe based one (hopefully that's not too terrible). Ill post WIPs up in the next day or so. I'm hoping to get the campaign voice-acted. I'm pretty sure ill be done by the 4th.

~Asomath

Level 30
Hi guys sorry to interrupt but was wondering about weird status of this contest. I just got notice that contest started while first page says it ended last year. Kinda confusing.
We spammed extensions, one after another. Sorry for that.

As far as I can remember, there is already one entry on the list, ronojales'. I think we should inform him that he got competetion once again.

Good luck to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.