• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3Player Prologue campaign

Prologue Campaign: Exodus of the Horde

MAP DESCRIPTION
Play cooperatively as a Thrall, Nazgrel and Grommash Hellscream on their way to save the Horde and move to Kalimdor.
This map is part of the prologue campaign, just remade as a three-player cooperation with some new features. My first idea was to play Warcraft with my two friends, but there were no 3P coop maps, so I had to make them. After some time I added new features to make it more unique. I have a plan to recreate all seven campaigns in this style, but it is still a long way to go. Next will be human campaign with prince Arthas.

FEATURES
- Classic Blizzard campaign, but in three players cooperion. Terrain changes are minimal to make it as close as possible to the original.
- Every hero has his own set of troops to command. This means orc heroes train only orc troops, human hero train only human troops, dwarf hero only dwarwen troops, atc. atc. Every hero has some unique troops to make gameplay more diverse. (There are only orc heroes in prologue campaign so changes are minimal.)
- Players share their reserach and tech requirements. Altar to ressurect heroes is shared too.
- Legendary items are hidden along your journey. They are OP and will make maps easier.
- Save/Load system between chapters for your collected items and learned spells. There aro no saves or checkpoints in the chapters.
- Enemies are more aggresive and can rebuild their base. Resources are scarce and you have to build your base in tight spaces. It´s time for a quick actions.

DIFFICULTY
Hard - shoud be as hard as original campaign, just for three players
Insane - maps were created and tested on this difficulty
Impossible - same as insane with boosted enemies

CREDITS
Blizzard
for their original campaign
The Spoon for save/load system and some ideas from his work
Mr Ogre man for Air elemental, Elemental totem, Far seer and Kul Tiras forces
Barorque for Fire elemental, Priest, Kul Tiras forces and Lordaeron forces
MWM for Human archer
Tamplier for Orc spearthrower, Wolfrider warlord, Kul Tiras forces and Lordaeron forces
BurnedSmackdown for Troll grunt
Bagysta for Warsong grunt and Frostwolf grunt

And my friends Hexa, Naragus, Snipus and Bobina for testing and playing with me.

CHANGELOG
v1.1 - Changed footman, knight and captain models on Loarderon and Kul Tiras version in chapter 02, chapter 03 and chapter 04 respectively.
v1.2 - Repaired hero glow for Nazgrel
Contents

3Player Prologue campaign chapter 1 (Map)

3Player Prologue campaign chapter 2 (Map)

3Player Prologue campaign chapter 3 (Map)

3Player Prologue campaign chapter 4 (Map)

3Player Prologue campaign chapter 5 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Generally, it's a nice edit, short on custom stuff however. Nazgrel should have hero glow. It could be added simply: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Every player with a gold mine and a town hall is quite outdated and it also takes too much base...
Level 3
Excellent campaign! We really really loved that every player had a theme (Shamans with Thrall, Grunts with Grom and Raiders with Nazgrel). Save/Load codes and Difficulty selections were also very much appreciated. The unique units and models that fit with the lore and the theme were also a great touch. Every other Co-op campaign should be held to this standard.
Very much recommended! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Can't wait to see the other campaigns implemented

Level 1
I really enjoyed playing it. Can you make a Blood Elf campaign for 3players? Chapter 05. Gates of the abyss.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Generally, it's a nice edit, short on custom stuff however.
  2. Nazgrel should have hero glow. It could be added simply: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  3. Every player with a gold mine and a town hall is quite outdated and it also takes too much base space.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

1. Generally, it's a nice edit, short on custom stuff however.
  2. Nazgrel should have hero glow. It could be added simply: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  3. Every player with a gold mine and a town hall is quite outdated and it also takes too much base space.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Hello.
I´m glad you liked it and thanks for your review.

1. As I wrote in the description, there are only orc heroes in this campaign, two of them are from FrostWolf clan. I have completed three missions from human campaign and it currently have more custom stuff then whole prologue campaign.
2. Actually Nazgrel has a hero glow, but it is imported from the old Warcraft 3. I´m still learning new things every day and it took me some time to realise that its named popcorn particle effect in Retera studio. I will repair it immidiately.
3. I can´t agree more with you. It was a bad idea from the start, I just didn´t know it. I have put too much time and effort into it already, so I have to complete it this way.

I want to add some photos from the game, but I always forgot to make them when we are playing it.