• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wizardry Glade

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Entry for the 1st HD Level Design Contest - Maze

A force field hidden over the abbys keeps the magic enclave. under the gravity of the fields paths became crazy. A hard way from the bedroom to the classroom.

Media

Walkthrough

Credit List:
"Cityscape +" Doodad Pack by HL_Vortex
Dock and Harbor Assets by Sapprine
Cityscape Ruins Wall Bundle (Multiple Variations) by Sapprine
Ground Vines by Sapprine
Leafless Cliffside Vines, Roots and Leaf Beds! by Sapprine
More styles of StrahnbradLargeTree by Baroque -Vibe
CSW - Doodad Pack by Baroque - Tamplier
Reforged Dungeon Column by Tamplier
Fireplace by Mr Smite
Lots of decorations and doodads Parts 1 & 2 by Mr Smite
Misc. Doodads by SADGAM
Plants (Burgeon) environment / doodads by SevLlanto
QM Module props human - structures by Jixed
Contents

Wizardry Glade (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Beautiful work. Pretty diverse and coherent zones. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB CODES BB Codes | HIVE MELEE MAPS...
Level 2
Very cool map with an epic feel! I'm very curious about how dark areas are achieved. I took a preliminary look at the map, and it doesn't seem to use boundaries. This question may seem naive, but it will be very helpful for me as a novice.

I'm sorry to bother you, I'm a recruit. Could you please tell me how you achieved transparent texture in the remastered version? I want to build a floating space and I had spent days trying to import Alpha tiles, but all failed. In addition, I had seen a lot of discussion topics in HIVE, but it didn't work out. Would it be convenient for you to describe your practice, I would like to imitate and try, thank you very much!

English is not my first language, so I would like to correct my statement. It should be the Reforged version instead of the remastered version. Additionally, many people say the Reforged version doesn't support Alpha tiles. There is also talk of using ruined ground doodad or other methods, which confused me.

Last edited:
Level 15
Hi mate, thank you for your words.
Indeed, Alpha tiles don't work on reforged. So instead of that, as Feelsgoodman says, you can use ruined ground.
1- in object editor tab, find ruined ground. It is on cliff/terrain doodads
2- Chose any ruined ground. There are many, but they are grouped into 2x2, 4x2 and 4x4, and make sure you set "all" option on tileset settings.
3- For selected ruined ground , set model path route to .MDL (just replace the entire route to .mdl)
4- On terrain edition, choose destructibles/doodads palette, then cliff/terrain -> ruined ground2x2 (the last one you edited)
Put the ruined ground anywhere on the map, the terrain will disappear.

Optionally
Use grid (press g) and path map (press p) for better terrain control when adding transparent ruined ground

That's all
Tell me if it works for you.
Greetings

Level 2
Thank you very much for your guidance and advise! Yes, I found the ruined grounds you mentioned and reproduced them in my map. They seem to be working as expected. So I think the problem that has been bothering me for a long time has been figured out, and I will never forget your great help.:thumbs_up:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Beautiful work. Pretty diverse and coherent zones.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/