• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Glade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elven Glade thing.

Attachments

• Elven Glade.png
    Elven Glade.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 555
Level 36
I never thought I'd say this, but the tile variation ruins it. Simply because the tiles are so close to the camera, at that angle, so they don't look 3D like their texture usually makes them look. I suggest you just use grassy dirt and cover it with shrubs. Different, lighter shrubs.

And I like the thing in the middle, but those buildings could be a lot shorter (not thinner, just shorter). Try to go for a "minas tirith shape", as the buildings are low around the edges and get taller towards the middle. You also might want to lower the pedestal they are on, and put some kind of rock or something so the little mini people can get up to their city :p

Uhh. Well. That city's meant to be a representation. If I make the buildings ANY shorter, they'll be unseeable >_>. They're at about .02 scaling... Lol. I think I'll use lumpy grass, it looked better like that, and I don't want to use TOO many shrubs, maybe a couple more, but not too much. I'll see about a minas tirith shape though, although I spent maybe 2 minutes on it >.>

Level 36
You should make the buildings bigger, then, or the city itself bigger. As for the shrubs, I don't mean quantity, I mean size. The ones you have placed right now look silly; they cover the ground like chicken pox covers a fat 4th grader's ugly face while the spit and tomato sauce dribbles down his chin as he stuffs cold pizza down his throat. And yes, that analogy was necessary for emphasis :p

Level 17
hmmmmm..... Why are the buildings so small. Looks like a Gnome village. Especially with the one elf standing right next to it and the log as well.
What is it representing? An ant village?
And bushed don't look too great either.

@Void - Nice analogy

Status
Not open for further replies.