• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leafless Cliffside Vines, Roots and Leaf Beds!

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Goes well together with Ground Vines.

Very simple tweak to the sunken ruins cliffside vine!

This bundle includes three models; two simple variations of cliffside vines without leaves on it that can be used as tree roots; and a leaf bed that's basically the vine without the root parts.

I also tweaked the orientation of the leaves on the leaf bed to make sure theyre all at least somewhat linearly arranged.
Also tweaked the bottom end of the Roots to make sure they aim into the ground.

NOTE: Using these models effectively will require you to know how negative doodad tilting works, as the default is at 90 degrees standing up.
----

Update 1 (29/4/2022): Added a second variation of roots!

root_com.png

roots.png
Contents

Leaf Bed (Model)

Roots Variation 1 (Model)

Roots Variation 2 (Model)

Awesome, we were waiting 2 years for those things. Tnx alot for the effort and great contribution to this community.
Looking forward for upcoming models from you, and mark my words now : You will enter in hall of fame gallery of hiveworkshop , if not from past 20 years since this site exist, then surely in last 10!

Great! This is a great invention in environmental factors! It enriches my project!
Are you aware how to use negative pitch and roll angles?
You'll get the most out of this models if you do.

Here's a very TLDR short version of it: (to the Moderators, yes this is relevant enough to be posted here since this model benefits tremendously if people are aware of this information.)
Hold SHIFT, then Double-Click the "Pitch Angle" value in the object editor of the thing you want to 3D orient.
You can now enter negative values, which will lock the doodad in a specific orientation, regardless of the terrain below.
It works like Pi, I'll just give you the numbers.
Entering '-1.57' = 90 degree rotation, '-3.14' = 180 degrees (doodad will be upside-down), '-4.71' = 270 degrees and -6.28 = full rotation.
You can also press Spacebar in the editor, Left-click any doodad thats already placed down, then hold CTRL while pressing the 'Pg Up' or 'Pg Dn' button on your keyboard to raise/lower the doodad's elevation.

Level 6

Here's a very TLDR short version of it: (to the Moderators, yes this is relevant enough to be posted here since this model benefits tremendously if people are aware of this information.)
Hold SHIFT, then Double-Click the "Pitch Angle" value in the object editor of the thing you want to 3D orient.
You can now enter negative values, which will lock the doodad in a specific orientation, regardless of the terrain below.
Entering '-1.57' = 90 degree rotation, '-3.14' = 180 degrees (doodad will be upside-down), '-4.71' = 270 degrees and -6.28 = full rotation.
You can also press Spacebar in the editor, Left-click any doodad thats already placed down, then hold CTRL while pressing the 'Pg Up' or 'Pg Dn' button on your keyboard to raise/lower the doodad's elevation.
wow Thank you very much for your guidance. It has been very helpful to me. Thank you very much! Actually, I am a beginner and have little understanding of WE. Thank you for your help, buddy!

Level 6

Hi buddy, I'm troubled by a question. I saw files with the suffix "dds" in some model files. What are their functions? I know some "dds" files are used for model textures, but where should some "dds" files like icons be used? Because I found that even if I only import 'mdx' files, they can still work properly, so I don't know what the use of 'dds' files like' icons' is. ------ Puzzle from beginners~~~