• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Makes Us Strong

What Makes Us Strong

world-of-warcraft-shadowlands-eternitys-end-epilogue-anduin-sylvanas.jpg

The world of Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion's crusade—but even as the world's wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove hardest to mend.

The mad titan Sargeras was imprisoned, but not before he plunged his sword into the planet of Azeroth. Now the land itself is dying as a result and the resources start too deeply fast as the hostilities between the two factions start to increase. The war with the Burning Legion had weakened both factions' navies and the deterrence of swift reprisal that enforced the stalemate between the Horde and Alliance was no longer feasible. Whoever wins the coming war will likely win what is left of a dying world.

This campaign can ONLY be played in Reforged with HD graphics.

Sylvanas Windrunner: After the fall of the Lich King, Sylvanas came to the shocking realization that she, like Arthas before her, was damned to an eternity of darkness and torture in the afterlife. She formed a pact with the Val'kyr, allowing Sylvanas to regain her place in the realm of the living for as long as her Val'kyr survive. Sylvanas would initially claim that she considered her people a bulwark against the horrifying darkness that awaits her in the end. Mortally wounded during the battle for the Broken Shore, Warchief Vol'jin declared Sylvanas as his successor with his dying breath, leaving her to lead the Horde against the invading forces of the Burning Legion.

Varok Saurfang: The High Overlord is a renowned warrior of the Blackrock clan, and the younger brother of Broxigar. A famed veteran of the First, Second, and Third Wars, he served as Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor during the war against the qiraji of Ahn'Qiraj. He later led the Horde against the Scourge in Northrend, where he lost his son Dranosh to the Lich King. After the departure of Thrall and the fall of Garrosh Hellscream, Saurfang has taken over the leadership of the orcs of Durotar.
Though the Warchief Sylvanas grudgingly respected Varok, she also sensed that out of all the Horde leaders, Varok is most likely the one to challenge or outright oppose her should she misstep too badly.

Anduin Wrynn: The new and young king of Stormwind and leader of the Alliance. When Anduin was just a boy, her mother die during a peasant uprising and his father, King Varian Wrynn, was kidnapped. In contrast to his decisive warrior father, Anduin is contemplative and diplomatic. Following Varian's death, Anduin assumed the throne of Stormwind. In the face of the Legion's onslaught, Anduin grew certain that lasting peace would not be achieved without bloodshed, and as he worked to save lives and fend off the demons' advance, Anduin was forced to reconcile his yearning for peace with the necessity for war.

Genn Greymane: After isolated his nation from the rest of the world, Greymane faced the dual threats of the Cataclysm. The worgen curse and the Forsaken invasion, culminating in the battle to retake Gilneas City, where he witnessed the death of his son and heir, Liam, at the hands of Sylvanas Windrunner. Humbled by his son's death and the devastation of his kingdom, Greymane accepted the aid of the Alliance. While Greymane himself became a close friend of Varian, his death during the assault on the Broken Shore, partly a consequence of the actions of Sylvanas, only intensified Greymane's burning hate for her. Now Greymane became an advisor to King Anduin Wrynn and assist him in leading the Alliance forces.

Nathanos Blightcaller: In life, Nathanos Marris was the only human "ranger lord", trained by the high elves of Quel'Thalas, and was close to their Ranger General, Sylvanas Windrunner. He died and became undead during the Third War, joining Sylvanas's rogue Forsaken shortly afterward. As Nathanos Blightcaller, he would stand in the Plaguelands, battling the Alliance and the Scourge. Recently his rotting body was restored with the help of Sylvanas's Val'kyr, allowing him to serve his liege with renewed strength. He now serves as the champion of the Banshee Queen and is her closest advisor.

Malfurion Stormrage: The first mortal druid. Through Malfurion's guidance, the night elves successfully halted the Burning Legion’s invasion numerous times. Now Malfurion and his wife Tyrande lead their people as one. Connected deeply to the ebbs and flows of life on Azeroth and bearing ages of responsibility and wisdom, the Archdruid is one of the mightiest and most venerated mortals of the world.

Campaign Info.

What Makes Us Strong is a retelling campaign of the event that happen during World of Warcraft´s seven expansion, Battle for Azeroth with some small but important changes. The campaign consists of 3 playable maps + 4 cinematics maps + Credits.

Features:

• Voice lines taken from World of Warcraft, Warcraft: Sylvanas (2022) audiobook, with a couple created with AI voice generator.
  • The campaign has a strong narrative focus, from a perspective very different as the one presented in the WoW playable experience. With the inclusion of events from external novels that complement the story and fix plot holes.
  • Experience the terrifying effects of a true full-scale war through the eyes of its makers and how they deal with their inner demons.
  • The story was CHANGED in some parts to make it more understandable to the player.
  • The Jailer don´t exist in this timeline. Sylvanas' motivations will be different.

The campaign presents a unique perspective that was never seen in-game on WoW. Or in any of the other custom campaign who take place during this same events.

The campaign goes too deep for many into WoW lore and with long cinematics. If you can't stand it, maybe it would be better to avoid this campaign.

By WTii (Version 1.0.15)
Intro, Prologue and Chapter I
Chapter II and III

Note: This campaign wasn’t designed with the use of cheats like whosyourdaddy in mind. Insta kill some units could break some important triggers.

• Darious: Sha´tari Rider model and Icon and Lightforge Vindicator model
    • Vindorei: Draenei Shaman, Draenei Mage, Draenei Priest, Worgen Stalker, Grand Apothecary Putress and Draenei Paladin models
    • Zaffar: Sylvanas Windrunner model, Peasent model used from Alliance Spy. Anduin Wrynn model.
    • Dehme: Forsaken Dreadguard model
    • BurnedSmackdown: Wrathspine Grunt model and icon used for the Kor´kron, Dark Troll grunt model
    • Racziel: Draenei Doodads
    • Vinz: Soul Discharge Visual Effect. Soul armor visual effect
    • Superfrycook: Kaldorei Ranger skin used for Delaryn Summermoon and Void Arrow Icon
    • Krotos: Ricochet Icon used for “Forsaken Arrow”
    • Callahan: Bleed Visual Effect
    • Tier10Trash: Malfurion Bear and Cat Forms models, extracted from WoW.
    • LRAC: Draenei Peon model extracted from WoW.
    • Archaos: Blue Moonkin skin.
    • RedDragonGirl: Sakura Petal model.
    • JetFangInferno: Dark Nova visual effect.
    • Karmonia: Kaldorei Swordsman Skin.
    • Ayane: HeroGlow Visual Effect.
    • Barorque and Vide: Strahnbrad Large Tree Pink model.
    • Mythic: Call of the Dread model.
    • Handclaw: Forsaken Necromancer model and Icon used for Warlock unit.
    • Vulfar: Varok Saurfang model and Icon, Night elf Assasin model, Lion Legion General model and Icon. Darkspire Raptor raider model.
    • Xaidin: Gates of Orgrimmar, extracted from WoW
    • VictorZ: Forsaken Knight model, Lich King model
    • Milan the Reaper: Spectre Dispersion Icon used in Mana Pearl
    • Darke Pacific: Holy Word Salvation Icon used in Blessed Field
    • Mr Ogreman: Alleria Windrunner model. Dead peon Doodad
    • Stormvarsel29: Dark Glave Icon
    • Retera: Thrall mountless with more animations. Tyrande dismounted model. Jaina Daughter of the Sea dismounted model.
    • Wildone: Highborne Mage skin
    • Ageron: Stormwind doodas
    • Renn01: Uther doodads
    • Bagysta: Dire Troll model.
    • Fugrim: Improve High elf Sylvanas model
    • Rolland: Lorthemar model.
    • Malmgrev: Night Elf Civilian male and female skin
    • Altruistic Anduin: Genn Greymane worgen and human models. Anduin Icon
    • MaxShadow and Ergius: Smoke Clow Effect
    • Ardenaso: Tauren Youngbloof model used for Tauren grunt.
    • Garmasword: Icons for legendary items
    • Barorque: CSW doodads
    • Kedras666: Poison Arrow Icon
    • Stormvarsel69: Dark ranger Sinister skin
    • Feelsgoodman: Forsaken doodad extracted from WoW
    • Dell: Lordaeron Banner Icon
    • Kwaliti: Wooden Barricade doodad
    • Raging Ent: DullBlade Icon
    • And Special thanks to Chopinski for made “Cry of the Banshee Queen”, “Forsaken Arrow”, "Arrow Storm", “Living Tide”, "Blessed Field" and “Pack Master” abilities.
    [*]
Minor bugs fixed.
Fixed a bug that after completing Chapter 2, the button in the campaign menu of the Chapter 3 would not appear.
08/08/2023: Reduced Genn Greymane collision size. And some other minor bugs fixed in chapter 3.
Various bugs fixed.
Added a new lifesteal passive to the Dreadguard.
Final Boss in Chapter 2 lightly buff.
Fixed pathing issues in Chapter 3.
Previews
Contents

What Makes Us Strong (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A nice WoW hardcore story+cinematic driven campaign that could use custom thought out gameplay mechanics and tech trees other than extensively using the core game stuff. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand...
Level 5
You have too many bugs here
And I ran this game through reforged Does not run chapter and epilogue
And every time I get out of this game

But it looks good in the pictures but in practice it doesn't work properly

Level 10
1st mission
After getting to Zoram'gar outpost the night elf units that spawned are just standing in a line. Are these suppose to attack?
Also the bird deserved it just saying

2nd mission
Placeholders text
I liked the command post option for reinforcements and the difference units you got from it like the Troll spirit walker or the Tauren grunt
Nathanos third ability mentions "Black Arrows" is that suppose to be his first ability which is named "poison arrow"

Level 8
This amazing lore campaign with unique cinematics from Battle for Azeroth itself, i never seen anything like this before:vw_love:.I very like this and enjoy the campaign. There was done masterpiece of work!!! But still some cinematics are soundlessfor example where Sylvanas stand before destroyed orc outpost in first mission and speak nothing.:vw_sad:

Level 6
This amazing lore campaign with unique cinematics from Battle for Azeroth itself, i never seen anything like this before:vw_love:.I very like this and enjoy the campaign. There was done masterpiece of work!!! But still some cinematics are soundlessfor example where Sylvanas stand before destroyed orc outpost in first mission and speak nothing.:vw_sad:
Yeah, I was considering removing that cinematic because it's not relevant enough and the player must already be exhausted after watching the 2 intro maps. About voice lines. I can only add the lines that were recorded from WoW or the Warcraft: Sylvanas audiobook. In the case of Sylvanas I can put in a line or two made with AI, but I can´t make a whole conversation out of it. Her voice is too unique and will be noticed because it is difficult to replicate. The same goes for Saurfang to a lesser extent due to how deep his voice is.
Thanks for the feedback =)

Level 5
Excellent work, especially for those canon enthusiasts. A delicate replicate of Battle for Azeroth scenes. Many novel dialogues even add a hint of literary atmosphere to the campaign. I quite enjoy it! :thumbs_up: Hope to see more lore campaign from you.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A nice WoW hardcore story+cinematic driven campaign that could use custom thought out gameplay mechanics and tech trees other than extensively using the core game stuff.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
I just made my account to let you know what an AMAZING CAMPAIGN you made, left me in goosebumps. The cinematics, the adapted lore.. You keep doing what you are doing maaan! Because you are amazing at it! (And the rest of the team) congrats!!

Last edited:
Level 5
This was a really ambitious project towards the end.

Taking the Jailor out of the equation and making Sylvanas a cold pragmatic leader is what Blizzard should have done.
I really appreciated the the voices and the use of AI. My advise would be to use more of it for the parts where they don't have voices, but it work either with or without.
Gameplay wise is pretty fun and challenging at certain parts. Saurfang, Nathanos and Gen feel weak compared to the other heroes you get, but I guess that is intentional.
Using WoW cinematics is quite a nice touch. For some strange reason after they played my game crashed, might be just me.
The last mission was interesting. Quite impressive how you tried to make everything be as accurate as possible.
Some grammar mistakes here and there, but then again I'm one to talk? lol
It's quite a good campaign.

Level 1
iam sorry i see that this campagin is great but i think i have aproblem
my problem is while i play the campagin or any campagin at reforged options the game crashs and i dont know why
if you have asolution for this can someone tell me please?

Level 10
Excellent narrative-driven campaign. Plenty of gameplay too. It is kind of short though, but each individual chapter is pretty long. I hope we can see more of these campaigns that adapt WOW content because I don't plan on playing that.

Level 13
sebalarios from the description of the game it seems that it can also be played at 1.30 or am I wrong?