1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Blizzard said: blizzarrow.gif

Hail War3 Players,

We’ve been following the discussions the past couple days and want to thank you for your feedback as well as your support. First off, we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted, and we’d like to share our plans for what’s coming next.

There were a few hours during launch day where we experienced server-load issues that impacted players’ ability to jump right in, but we were able to resolve those later in the day. Separate from that, we’ve seen community feedback about different aspects of Reforged that we wanted to take some time to address.

Before we go on: the team is excited that Warcraft III: Reforged is finally upon us and we’re fully committed to supporting the game for a long time to come. The next few patches and updates we’ll discuss below are just part of our ongoing plans. This game is an integral part of the Blizzard DNA, with a team that loves Warcraft III, and we’re looking forward to pouring our hearts into Reforged and the Warcraft III community for the long term.

One of the concerns with Reforged that we’ve seen are the visuals when selecting Classic Mode. We’ve identified the bug causing the colors and shading to look different from the original Warcraft III, and we’re testing a fix that will be incorporated in a larger patch addressing this issue and others. We expect to release that late this week. The patch will also address many other known issues, such as fixing some portrait animations and audio bugs, implementing some UI fixes, and more. Please keep an eye out for the patch notes for a detailed list of all the bug fixes.

Another area of concern we’re seeing is regarding online features such as leaderboards and clans, which applies to all Warcraft III players, including those who haven’t purchased Reforged. At BlizzCon we talked a lot about how the team is actively working on standing up the back-end to ensure a smooth transition to this new MMR system, much like we did with StarCraft: Remastered. As with Remastered, these and other features will be included in a major patch for Reforged, which will also address the issue for players of the original game. We’ll share release plans as work progresses in the coming weeks—please be assured that the team is hard at work on standing these features up.

There are some individual concerns we’ve seen that we’re not currently planning to address and we wanted to give the community a heads-up. As of Version 1.30 of the original game, we saw very low usage of tournaments and of the Reign of Chaos ruleset, so we removed both in mid-2019 (in Version 1.31). Eliminating the maintenance for underused elements has helped us streamline our overall support of the game and focus on areas impacting the most players. That said, we do anticipate that players who prefer Reign of Chaos will find custom games with similar rulesets, which we hope will help satisfy that concern.

Related to that, as we talked about last year at BlizzCon, we did not want the in-game cutscenes to steer too far from the original game. We went a little deeper into the thought process behind that at the show, but the main takeaway is that the campaigns tell one of the classic stories in Warcraft history, and we want to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III and allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were (albeit rebuilt with new animations and the higher fidelity art).

We know this update doesn’t address all questions, but we’re committed to the development and support of this game. We hope you’ll keep an eye out for this week’s patch and future updates and let us know what you think as we continue fine-tuning things. Until then, thank you as always for your support and passion for Warcraft III. We appreciate all your feedback and will continue to keep the Warcraft III community updated on everything we’re working on.

Sincerely,

The Warcraft III: Reforged Team

2. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  3. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    TLDR; They don't care and not even trying to adress the real issues, and putting the blame on players

'RoC and Tournaments got cut cause players!'

4. Boar

Boar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love if they addressed the EULA being needlessly grabby.
    To be honest, a road map (even with imaginary time spans) would've been great.

Here's hoping they support this game longer than BioWare supported Anthem.

5. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This game is a joke including the response

6. Selaya

Selaya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fool me twice thrice a million times.

7. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nice but how come they didn't address 3 of biggest & life threatening issues in reforged right now: EULA, missing custom campaign, and poor game performance?!!

It's good to know the support will be long lasting tho.

8. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Quilnez TOS explanation and myths
    for your point number 1
    number 2 things will be added in the coming weeks, the old PTR is still up btw
    number 3 the only way thats gonna get fixed if people stop complaining open tickets and send in data, no data, no troubleshoot

@Boar you didnt take heed the reviewers gave in discord did you?
    any ways you can use the link above as well

9. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @DrakPanda You are missing the point. It's not about letting a handful of people know, but the entire wc3 enthusiasts. Blizz need to address it themselves so that the words reach everyone.

10. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Related to that, as we talked about last year at BlizzCon, we did not want the in-game cutscenes to steer too far from the original game. We went a little deeper into the thought process behind that at the show, but the main takeaway is that the campaigns tell one of the classic stories in Warcraft history, and we want to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III and allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were (albeit rebuilt with new animations and the higher fidelity art)."

We advertised these awesome cinematics at blizzcon and basically promised them to you. You then pre-ordered the game expecting these to be in the game. Surprise surprise we scrapped all of that content you thought you were buying. But don't be upset, the reason we did this was to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft 3!

They pulled this same shit with Diablo 3 with the teased 3v3 Arena PvP
    The game didn't even have PvP when it was released. And if I remember correctly it took YEARS for them to finally release it as some half-assed pile of trash. It was like 1 arena, free for all only, probably thrown together in 24 hours.

Again and again they lie and advertise their game to be this great thing and then release an unfinished product and go back on promised features.

11. Boar

Boar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm more than aware what the EULA entails. Which is why I was posting about it.

12. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @DrakPanda
    I don't follow the discord what did they post?!

13. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Quilnez
    unfortunately i doubt the mass will ever understand, its the same EULA as starcraft 2 and that been out for years now, the current one in wc3 is nothing new, blizzard didnt take time to explain it sc2 and there wasnt some crazy uproar over it, people will just have to learn on thier own, either by talking a local lawyer or by word of mouth
    its not going to get cleaner or clearer either, since its legal mumbo jumbo
    only rest i can say it blizzard didnt havent to explain for sc2 blizzard wont see reason to explain for wc3

@Boar i missed this in your first post
    i would love a road map as well

@Devalut dont ask, its unhealthy for the mind

there was also an outcry with in the forums for it to not be changed for the very reason, not nearly as big as this current blow up, but enough to influence blizzard

14. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I still have 0.01% hope that they will bring back the classic without reforged.

(Don't quote me)

15. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @DrakPanda I need to know, got a link to the specifics quote?

16. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, the "we'll fix some thing later, idk" update.

17. DwarfBoy

DwarfBoy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, Blizzard just expects us to sit back with our thumps up our ass and hope that they fix the issues that they've set by scaling back too far?

I know a lot of people are angry about this, and rightfully so, but I just feel more depressed about this. Especially with the EULA and how, even if they get the technically issues fixed, that EULA will be a plague on modders and have them go find greener pastures.

18. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
  19. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They didn't address any of the issues I had. What about getting rid of the classic client and forcing people to play the Reforged version whether they bought it or not? What about the draconian EULA? Do you really expect me to believe that downgrading the animations and cinematics was due to fan feedback and not because of crunch? Why are you still advertising the game with that cinematic if it wasn't actually in the game?

20. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    this link will help explain TOS explanation and myths

id assume both, but there was an outcry from on blizzard forums post 2018 blizzcon, enough to sway blizzard