Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Funny, cuz a smart move was be the option to play the "classic campaign" as the original, and the "Reforged campaign" as the one with upgrades, yet they didn't do so much? What was their decision as a *small indie company*?

2. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    name the day after 2008 when that wasnt the case

3. maduroman

maduroman

Resources:
    Resources:
    sounds like a bunch of empty promises, like those they used to tell us during pre release, blizzard word on anything has no impact or authenticity whatsoever, im glad reforged turned out like shit, i don't care how this mess looks 2 years down the line, what we got was a garbage product wich rightfully got teared appart by everybody and is now the worst rated game on metacritic history, this is a taint that will forever stay on blizzard and it servers them right for being so out of touch with their playerbase and destroying a timeless classic such as wc3

4. DwarfBoy

DwarfBoy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Huh... I mean, that does make me feel better and, with the PTR is functioning, which is hilarious, maybe I'll considering making campaigns on it.

5. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    what small indie company, you got me totally confuzzzled

@DwarfBoy glad to help, also share that with any one else who questions the EULA, to help them understand as well

6. Giantr

Giantr

Resources:
    Resources:
    As always, Blizzard defied expectations, deciding that doing nothing is the best course of action.

I applaud them, for their tenacity to always do the wrong thing.

Not a single word about LAN, Custom Campaigns, Cross Region play, and their stance on the "Reforged" Campaigns speaks volumes about their desire to completely fuck over the community. Bravo.

7. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bring Back Warcraft 3 Classic :C

Or atleast commit into making Reforged SD graphics option complete. the fixing of how they look is only the first step. a long term goal SHOULD be to try and bring back the 3D animated backgrounds and a style of the original one for those who prefer it. and trust me. a lot of people do prefer the 3D animated old ones over the 2D animated new ones.

Hell, Reforged Reign of Chaos screen doesn't even have falling infernals. come one Blizzard, you can do better then this.

Totally agree, they know these issues already so lets see what happens.

One word about LAN, it already exists, however its through custom games in offline mode. and i can't say its OUR fault for not noticing it, there should be a specific button for LAN. a visual showcase. but if you want to use LAN then there you go you use it through custom games in offline mode.

I really hope they address Cross Region play for custom games lobby. because it just sucks for me to be somewhere and my friend from another region can't play with me. we can remedy this issue but "sort of" on a very small scale when only a group of friends want to play we can all join through the same region.

There should be an option near America/EU/Asia, the 4rth option should be (Cross-Region) for those who prefer it. from the battle.net launcher.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  8. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard is gone guys. Activision completed its takeover in 2018 when they kicked out the last of the founders and a bunch of senior devs and managers. Blizzard as a company no longer has the capacity or expertise to produce a good game, expecting anything more than halfassed products is just setting yourself up for a disappointment.

9. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    rename war3r to war3 remastered and release war4 :v

10. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Like I said in the discord channel. This is what I expected, yet I'm still underwhelmed.

I'm still open to any incoming patches but I don't expect much down the road.

11. Jarrin Derrick

Jarrin Derrick

Resources:
    Resources:
    WarCraft III Reforged is such a disgrace, I think this might be the end of Blizzard Entertainment. At this point I see little hope for Diablo 4 or any future Blizzard title. I am sad, but not surprised. I refunded my game.

Please note that blizzard is issuing instant refunds now. I recommend everyone get one. Maybe we can force them to give us what they promised, or at least fully fix the game, but I really really doubt it.

Edit: At the minimum they have to give us the old game back. I mean holy hell, that's the very least they can do after this bad of a screw up.

Edit: How to get a refund:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  12. GIMLI_2

GIMLI_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    at least they are working on some of the issues. i'm quite happy with it

13. Jarrin Derrick

Jarrin Derrick

Resources:
    Resources:
    You don't seem to have read blizzard's response closely enough. They're basically ignoring 70% of the issues and problems people are having.

I'll admit the campaign is still pretty enjoyable, I liked the two new prologue missions. But its not enough, even if the visuals are pretty good when the game is broken and we didn't get what we were promised. The game as it stands now would be worth about $15 if it weren't a hot buggy mess and they hadn't so severely over-promised and under-delivered.

14. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    The biggest issue is forced downgrade but this update is not explaining when they will restore the classic client or add its features to the Refunded. Why cant they remaster the UI like they did with Sc remastered?

15. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I didn't buy reforged and I hadn't followed the development until I heard the news.
    But I think they should've splitted the classic campaigns and reforged campaigns so people can choose which to play for different experiences.
    One for nostalgia and the other for entirely new experience.

16. OverClocked

OverClocked

Resources:
    Resources:
    A disappointment after a disappointment. Man, blizzard is really starting to sink

17. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    guys...

18. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Is anyone surprised?

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  20. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They won't, with a 100% chance.

Now on topic, it is most what i expected. Fixed portraits in reforged and shading in classic are some of the bigger issues and they promised melee matchmaking to return properly. I would have wished some statements towards bringing back custom campaigns and stability improvements, but you cannot have it all.

At least we have a somewhat diffuse roadmap for the first weeks. I'm not really satisfied, but it is at least a step.