1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Feb 4, 2020.

1. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now, this is a flat out lie.

I remember writing my Blizzcon recap last year and as I was doing it, I've had to keep a close eye on any news coming out of Blizzcon. They didn't talk about removing cutscenes or go deeper into the thought process behind it at the show. Not at all. The only reason we even caught wind of that was due to Back2Warcraft tweeting that some developer said that to him.

And even then, the amount of information about the topic was insanely low.

2. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just boycott reforged.
    Nothing to be saved here.
    I doubt the blizzard has a sean murray on staff.

3. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    My biggest concerns are:
    - The policy for intellectual property on any custom map made by the community claiming unconditional rights over your maps.
    - No custom campaigns anymore.
    - The promised cinematics and cutscene overhaul is not there.
    - No re-recorded voiceovers.
    - afaik, the models animations have lower frames than modern monitors max framerates.
    - Merging classic and reforged, which is a bad thing considering, reforged is a mess of bugs and failed promises.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  4. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @DrakPanda >no, go join the hive discord if you really wanna know.
    What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

5. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    theres actually a slider in the options menu of the game, bottom left, switch the game and graphics back to classic, SD(classic) is still there entirely on its own, HD(reforged) cant be seen or even toggled with out purchase

your opening a massive bucket of worms devling into the Psychological pain = Physical pain, which is true in how our bodies react and deal with said pain, unless your going to go into every point about where and when some one can get hurt and/or affected by Psychological pain dont bring this up, and if 1 game is doing that much damage to some one they NEED to see a psychiatrist not blame a game dev.
    also if you dont have a degree in the field or are not suffering your self at some clinical level, you are severely uninformed on the topic

go here your questions will be explained TOS explanation and myths

we can only hope they will be added in to fit the current campaign screen at a later point, the campaign folder is still in the docs for reforged just like before, so i doubt the function has been permanently removed, and while the maps folder got wiped the campaigns folder did not

@Devalut
    first you asked a question
    second you didnt make any kind of point
    now your third post @ me, are you making some sort of attack at me for some point you never made?

6. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    "we’re fully committed to supporting the game for a long time to come."

LMAO, maybe I would've believed that if they had actually done something during the last two years leading up to W3R's release

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update
    Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

8. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You mean like adding new natives to the editor and getting rid of warcraft 3s "most popular maps" option (bots)?

I really hope they get it at least in a stable state.

9. WanSaweR

WanSaweR

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, they unfortunately released unfinished game. I hope, they'll fix most of those issues, because I want Reforged to be successful game.

10. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @DrakPanda
    No one is attacking you, but if you can't back it up don't post it.
    serveimage.png

11. Retria

Retria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well at least this person had put smile on my face, coz it is exaclty what I did, that is one positivum I guess:
    [​IMG]

12. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Devalut given the discord is free and open to all as a source to look at any time, linking to said discord may/may not be needed
    also if the post in need of backing up doesnt portray to you, i wouldnt make complaints about it
    otherwise if every one follows suit and is complaining about others posting habits that dont regard to them most of the thread/forum would be a bunch of usless junk of needless complaints

13. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @DrakPanda
    It's all good here bosco, I'm asking for a reference to the claim you made earlier in the thread, If you do not wish to post the reference I will continue to deny it's very existence with the same effort you placed upon claiming it.

14. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Let's se how this travel to the unknown will end.

The best outcome could be returning the classic 1.5 Gb client for those who didn't want reforged, and the new client. But that is a pipe dream.

15. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft 3: Reforged’s story won’t be retconned by WoW after all

16. Freddyk

Freddyk

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    They should never have updated that game after 1.26 anyway... game was stable for years, the community was still active and made tons of tools for modding, nobody asked for such changes...
    Now they have just broken modding on this game.

17. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    You sure you wanted to post that to me? Because this has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, as your link talks about not retconning the story and I've talked about them not talking about reforging the cutscenes.

That said, I will correct myself - technically they didn't lie. I've rewatched the Blizzcon panel and they did indeed say that "they dialed back the culling treatment a bit" due to "negative player feedback". Still, I'd hardly call that "going into detail about this change" or appropriately informing the consumers that a big feature was removed.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  18. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    waRCraFt IiI: reFORgEd DeVeLopEr upDaTE

19. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The problem with the Culling is that Blizzard has re-re-re-re-retconned the mission for 20 years, in some versions Arthas was right and Uther and Jaina were morons, in others Arthas was a meathead, with flavors in between.

They change the facts like every 3 years or so, so there is WC3 the Culling and there are WOW versions of the Culling. I feel that even in a proper release, the Culling wasn't going to end being everyones cup, because everyone has a different version of that mission as the real one.

20. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    VERY BAD NEWS: Activision Blizzard stock price went up. The shareholders are not as annoyed by wc3 Refunded as they should be! oh no
    SRC: atvi - Google

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020