• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.

If it's a temporary solution, then what will the permanent solution be? Will they bring back TFT client?

Also why have they still made no mention of being unable to log in if you haven't added classic keys to your bnet account? The "There was an error in handling the request" is extremely unhelpful, and I cba to download 2GB to check if they actually improved this and ask classic players for their CD keys if they haven't added those to their account yet.

Level 20
If it's a temporary solution, then what will the permanent solution be? Will they bring back TFT client?
Considering they're supposedly fixing SD graphics, I very much doubt they're considering bringing back Classic.

I could see happening is adding the original ROC/TFT menu background to Reforged and when you switch to SD, you get to see that.

Level 6
Picture, please?

Out of all the tones they could have chosen they chose SEPIA. They're probably bringing back the old screen for classic. upload_2020-2-6_23-22-7.png

Level 13
I've just tested the new patch, and the things I care about:

Pros:
  • Classic graphics and effects have all been fixed. Cheers.
Cons:
  • They've made a brilliant idea to make Classic main menu black and white, and Reforged with colors. Congrats! It really takes imagination to come up with these kinds of things. Why did they even change it? The menu wasn't even that bad. At this point, according to their plans, I wouldn't be surprised if the one that comes up with the patches is Ysma (from "Emperor's New Groove")!
  • To me, by far the biggest problem with the game on release, the thing that needs to be fixed urgently, the main priority, was that the menu was lagging enormousely! Cheers! Now it lags even more!
  • Not that this concerns me, but the HD models that were missing on release, they're still missing!
  • I wasn't really expecting this to beguin with, but I just gotta say it. Custom Campaigns are still missing!!!
I really hope they don't start bringing three more bugs after they fix one. Let's hope that they'll fix more bugs in the future.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't really care if it's temporary or not. This is pretty bad for Blizzard.
/sarcasm
Out of all the tones they could have chosen they chose SEPIA. They're probably bringing back the old screen for classic
Please don't doublepost :D

Anyways, why do we have to go left with the menu buttons and not right as before?

Level 6
I've just tested the new patch, and the things I care about:

Pros:
  • Classic graphics and effects have all been fixed. Cheers.
Cons:
  • They've made a brilliant idea to amke Classic main menu black and white, and Reforged with colors. Congrats! It really takes imagination to come up with these kinds things. Why did they even change it? The menu wasn't even that bad. At this point, according to their plans, I wouldn't be surprised if the ones that comes up with the patches is Ysma!
  • To me, by far the biggest problem with the game on release, the thing that needs to be fixed urgently, the main priority, was that the menu was lagging enormousely! Cheers! Now it lags even more!
  • Not that this concerns me, but the HD models that were missing on release, they're still missing!
  • I wasn't expecting it to beguin with, but I just gotta say it. Custom Campaigns are still missing.
I really hope they don't start bringing three more bugs after they fix one. Let's hope that they'll fix more bugs in the future.

At this point. They should just refund all the players automatically, take it off the store, and commit to working on it for another year. Not sure Activision would let them do that though. I'm fortunate for not having many problems with it but I feel for the players who do. Even so, there are tons of little janks in it, like the bad portrait lighting.

They gotta bring back custom campaigns. It's the second big reason I bought this.

Level 32
They've made a brilliant idea to make Classic main menu black and white, and Reforged with colors. Congrats! It really takes imagination to come up with these kinds of things. Why did they even change it? The menu wasn't even that bad. At this point, according to their plans, I wouldn't be surprised if the one that comes up with the patches is Ysma (from "Emperor's New Groove")!
Pull the lever of classic, Venombite

Level 8
Alright,so in my backed 1.27 version, which is not under b-net or blizz updater (and I have that version on external hdd) my world editor stopped working.... also sharpcraft stopped working and newgen5d stopped working as well...
It stopped working after latest patch? but is it even possible? I am in the middle of editing:( :( :( and I do not want use reforged editor because then my campaign will not be compatible with old versions and people can not even play campaign in reforged.

How can they mess with, I mean, aawww instant regret of not refunding and unistalling b-net when I still could but I liked to at least open my capaign in reforged editor and check how it LOOKS in hd :(

Edit: unistalling reforged did not help
Edit2: ok, so it must be work of blizztard because when I launched TFT on my backed 1.27 it launched cinematic like when you run it first time and settings were reset...editor still not working,
Edit3: I tried download 1.29 it does not work either gg patch
Edit4: you have to do delete WE registery more info down in this thread

Last edited:
Level 4
One good thing about reforged is that it doesn't mess with my warcraft 1.28 installation, even the registry settings don't conflict
But I don't use the editor, I don't know if there is any conflict with that

Edit#1, the yellowish sepia, worst kind of sepia, next time just go for grey

Level 4
This is new, so I did disable the "bonjour" service some time ago, but when playing offline, push the custom games button, "please install bonjour service" (no cancel button btw, but escape works)... very cool Blizzard, very cool
and while writing this post and with warcraft 3 reforged on the other monitor I got my first BSOD in months (and the crash was so hard the text was scrambled, I coudn't read it)... extra cool

Edit#1 it doesn't remember the "player name" while offline, have to input it every time
Edit#2 they have changed the voices for human units with the new patch (I don't know if they are the reforged ones, I only have ""classic"")
Edit#3 now I have tearing while scrolling around the map
Edit#4 in reference to edit#2 even more sounds changed

Last edited:
Level 9
Alright,so in my backed 1.27 version, which is not under b-net or blizz updater (and I have that version on external hdd) my world editor stopped working.... also sharpcraft stopped working and newgen5d stopped working as well...
It stopped working after latest patch? but is it even possible? I am in the middle of editing:( :( :( and I do not want use reforged editor because then my campaign will not be compatible with old versions and people can not even play campaign in reforged.

How can they mess with, I mean, aawww instant regret of not refunding and unistalling b-net when I still could but I liked to at least open my capaign in reforged editor and check how it LOOKS in hd :(

Edit: unistalling reforged did not help
Edit2: ok, so it must be work of blizztard because when I launched TFT on my backed 1.27 it launched cinematic like when you run it first time and settings were reset...editor still not working,
Edit3: I tried download 1.29 it does not work either gg patch
The same happened to me but I fixed it. I opened the Regedit and deleted all the registry of World Editor. These are the steps for Windows(if you don't understand any step plz ask):
-> Go to Run and type Regedit.
-> Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\
-> Delete the World Editor folder.
-> Log off for the changes to take place.
-> Start the World Editor. Yay!
EDIT: another easy solution for Windows is to just create a new user profile and launch WE. It will work I did a test.

Last edited:
Level 8
HUGE thanks, deleting that WE registry worked.

That was intense, in 18 years I never experienced to not be able to launch WE.
But I get it, we can not expect them to care if some registery break our old W3, but do you know who would care? Blizzard 2002 would.

Edit: ye, well it would be long OT if we started talking about wow, where we buy game, pay monthly and have many microtransaction :eek:

Last edited:
Level 9
HUGE thanks...who would care? Blizzard 2002 would.
Cant wait to play your maps, good luck and have fun. Yea Blizzard 2002 was really good--they also gave us two Acts for the Founding of Durotar campaign for free. In 2020 they charge money for skins in HotS and Overwatch and mounts in WoW lol
Again good luck for your World Editor project(or projects). See you on the other side!

Level 6
I just wish they had given this an extra year. I do not believe it was because they had to deliver the game within one year due to preorders as they could have just canceled them and issued a statement. I think this is just upper-management meddling, with some incompetence in there too.

Level 4
what's about the original voices? i see you just deleted the original game for everyone and replaced it with that new one but all original voices are lost there. There is a new sync but that is missing so much detail and love. Please bring the originl voices back, the game doesn't feel complete to me without that.

There are also other problems like inconsistent graphic translations from wc3 to reforged where it seems to me that the game was rushed headless at some points but the voices really are my main concern, because i can switch back the graphics, but not the voices :((

Level 59
The same happened to me but I fixed it. I opened the Regedit and deleted all the registry of World Editor. These are the steps for Windows(if you don't understand any step plz ask):
-> Go to Run and type Regedit.
-> Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\
-> Delete the World Editor folder.
-> Log off for the changes to take place.
-> Start the World Editor. Yay!
EDIT: another easy solution for Windows is to just create a new user profile and launch WE. It will work I did a test.
Thanks for this my world editor is now working

Status
Not open for further replies.