1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you guys tried renaming your imported sounds with plain simple letters and removing ALL metadata? Meta data is the information found when you right click and select properties and select the "Details" tab. To assist Blizzard in fixing the issue, try doing what I suggested to help confirm the root problem.

See this post: Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.1

I wonder if this is connected to custom sounds not working? If the new CASC filesystem isn't handling bad characters and Meta data, perhaps this would cause issues with models too? If you're the owner of this map, try renaming the models, removing any meta data then updating the Unit with the new model. If this fixes the problem, please update your post and let Kam or myself know.

@Kam Please take a look at this as a potential cause?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And i need a specific program to remove these metadatas? I just right clicked on the mp3 and then on attributes and then i just removed the metadatas with the mouse. Do i really need a program to do that?

3. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I haven't tried without a program, I simply use a program for speed and convenience but I don't see why you cant just manually do it. Basically any editable field should be empty for the test.

To show you what needs to be deleted, see below. There's also "Origin" info not shown in the picture that would also need to be deleted

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is it necessary that the Bit rate is 192kbps? My mp3 data has 128 kBit/s. There is also always a preview picture attached to the song. But there is no possibility to remove it.

5. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is still not working, do you have an idea what could be wrong with the data? I am just trying to upload here one of the mp3 datas but it is always canceled after a while. Are there new requirements for imported mp3 datas now?

7. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you give me the original sound file that isn't playing in game? I want to see if it works on my computer, otherwise see if I can get it to work.

No. I'm only asking you to do this to potentially get you up and running and to diagnose the root problem.

Edit: I see you pmed me. I'll look at the sound files when I get home from work.

8. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could unfortunately not upload the mp3 data alone here, the upload is always canceled after a while and i get an error message. But i have sent you a link with my map with the mp3 datas. The datas were working before 1.30, after that patch they don't play anymore. I link my map with the mp3 datas here too now:
    Labyrinth of Nightmare (v7)

9. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe because they use a Mac?

10. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    So sad how great maps like Gaias Retaliation cannot progress in development because Blizzard has yet to improve the editor properly while making WEX incompatible.

11. 252542477

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Game cutscenes in the campaign were all stretched after 1.30,how revert to no stretch?

12. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The results are in. In short, your files don't work but I managed to modify your sounds to work properly by removing the meta data. See the below picture.

[​IMG]

Meta data contained in "The Ancient City"

[​IMG]

I created several versions of the file to determine what exactly was causing them to not work. Unfortunately my results are a little contradictory so I feel this doesn't completely answer the problem.

Conclusion

Meta data breaks the audio.
    The Bitrate type, as in variable, constant or average, made no difference

Notes:

- My re-encoding process would remove all meta data with the exception of "...Meta Untouched". I can confirm this still however removed the .mp3 album art.
    - Manually removing the data would make the audio work, BUT only if ALL meta data is removed. This is strange because as mentioned above, 1 of the songs worked with meta data....? These manual changes ONLY modified meta data and did not involve any re-encoding of the the file.
    - Adding special characters DID NOT break a working audio file. Example: war3mapImported\The Ancient City Constant Bitrate No Meta!().mp3 would still work.

Environment Information

- I am using client 1.30.1
    - I use Audacity to re-encode the files. It has an option to remove meta data upon saving (including album art)
    - I use Mp3Tag to check if album art is present in a music file. Mp3tag - Download
    - Mp3Tag was also used to perform the manual removal of meta data.
    - Testing if sounds were playable was performed in the World Editor sound editor.

I won't fix your map for you, but please download Audacity to fix it yourself. Simply open your .mp3 and export it as another .mp3. You will see a meta data windows and you can select "Clear" before saving the file.

Audacity: Audacity ® | Free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing.

As for everyone else, we now know how to get our custom sounds working. For existing maps with no plans of an update, we'll just need to wait for Blizzard to fix the underlying problem with the meta data.

Attached Files:

13. Zordrak

Zordrak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, Thanks! I will try to remove all meta datas. I will answer then if i was successful.

14. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    should i reinstall this game?

15. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately i do not have warcraft 3 listen in games . I dont need PTR , i need just regular installer.I dont know whats the issue...Long ago i purchased wc3...Maybe thats why it doesnt exist anymore?

I deleted apps,temp,programdata etc.Nothing helps ....
    I was loggedin ...

I donnt know anything about coding programing to provide more info...But i think blizzard classic team should at least solve installing issue for windows at least...

[​IMG]

16. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have you attached your legally bought valid CD-Keys to your Battle.net account?

If so, I understand the online installers should then also appear in this list.

17. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Try the direct link?

Edit: Changed locale in link to enUS.

18. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Err... "[...]locale=deDE[...]"

19. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I modified my link accordingly.

20. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He should still first and foremost make sure that he previously attached his legally bought valid CD-Keys to his Battle.net account anyway imho.

After that, when logged, the online installers should be visible in the download page.