• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Extended v1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Warcraft III Extended is an altered melee expansion that includes new units, buildings, upgrades and many more, utilizing unused resources from the campaigns, neutrals, and hidden world editor resources into the existing 4 races. No imported resources, no triggers. The players can also have access to the Naga race as a secondary race via the Goblin Merchant. Basic AI still functions normally, but they will not make any of the new units, buildings or upgrades.

FEATURES:

HUMAN
BARRACKS

$
>
$
$

- Swordsman Upgrade: Transforms Footman into Swordsman, giving it increased hit points (+100) and the Critical Strike ability. (requires Castle)

$
>
$
$

- Marine Upgrade: Transforms Rifleman into Marine, giving it increased attack speed and the Frenzy ability. (requires Castle)

$
>
$
$

- Crusader Upgrade: Transforms Knight into Crusader, giving it increased attack damage (+3) and the Cleaving Attack ability. (requires Castle)

LUMBER MILL

$

- Axeman: Basic warrior. Costs lumber.

$

- Spearman: Basic long-ranged attacker. Costs lumber.

ARCANE SANCTUM

$
>
$

- Archpriest Upgrade: Transforms Priest into Archpriest, giving it increased spell power on all abilities. (Heal: +15 hit points gained; Dispel Magic: +100 AoE and +100 Summoned Unit damage; Inner Fire: +5% attack damage and +2 armor) (requires Castle)

$
$
$

- Wizard: Mounted long-ranged attacker. Has Soul Burn and Summon Fire Elemental. (requires Castle)

$

- Spell Breaker: Spell Immunity changed to Magic Defense.
- Magic Sentry research moved to Town Hall.

WORKSHOP

$
$

- War Golem: Heavily armored combat machine. Has Fortified armor and Demolish. (requires Arcane Vault, Stronghold)

ARCANE VAULT

hqf4RxB.png

- Now sells Dust of Appearance.

TECH TREE
- Added Town Hall to all tier 1 buildings requirement.
- Added Blacksmith to all research requirements.
- Removed Blacksmith from all non-research requirements.
- Removed Lumber Mill from all requirements.
- Added Arcane Sanctum to Arcane Tower requirement.
- Removed Magic Sentry from Arcane Tower's Reveal requirement.

ORC
GREAT HALL

$

- Fel Form: Allows Peon, Grunt, Raider, Warlock, and Kodo Rider to transform into Fel Orc, giving them Chaos attack but draining 2.5 hit points per second. (toggle, 12s cd, requires Fortress)

BARRACKS

$
$

- Firebat: Highly skilled close-ranged attacker. Has Breathe of Fire (orb effect). (requires Stronghold)

WAR MILL

$
$

- Sapper: Suicidal creature. (requires Stronghold)

$

- Zeppelin: Flying transporter. (requires Stronghold)

$

- Shredder: Melee combat machine and lumber harvester. (requires Stronghold)

SPIRIT LODGE

$
$
>
$

- Warlock: Skilled spell-slinger. Has Firebolt (orb effect) and Fel Form.

$
$

- Shadow Priest: Supporting long-ranged attacker. Has Heal. (requires Voodoo Lounge)

$
$
$

- Magi: Supporting warrior. Has Stoneskin and Summon Earth Elemental. (requires Ancestral Totem)

$
$
$

- Necrolyte: Versatile long-ranged attacker. Has Raise Grunt and Death Coil. (requires Stronghold)

ANCESTRAL TOTEM (Tauren Totem)

$
$
$
>
$

- Mauler: Massive Warrior. Has Maul (Bash). Can be upgraded so that it has Fortified armor.
- Reduced Ancestral Totem requirement to Stronghold (Tauren and Pulverize research still requires Fortress).

BEARTIARY

$

- Batrider (reworked): Suicidal anti-air creature. Can only attack air units. +10 Pierce attack. Medium armor. No longer has Liquid Fire.

DRAGON ROOST

$

- New tier 3 building.
- Moved Liquid Fire research from Beastiary to Dragon Roost.

$

- Red Drake: Flying heavy assault creature. Has Liquid Fire.

VOODOO LOUNGE

q8t0ARP.png

- Now sells Lesser Clarity Potion and Staff of Teleportation.

TECH TREE
- Added Great Hall to all tier 1 buildings requirement.
- Added War Mill to all research requirements.
- Removed War Mill from all non-research requirements.
- Added Voodoo Lounge to Witch Doctor requirement.
- Added Ancestral Totem to Spirit Breaker requirement.

UNDEAD

NECROPOLIS
- Now trains Shade. (requires Dimensional Pit)
- Acolytes can no longer be sacrificed.

GRAVEYARD

$
>
$
$

- Raise (Hire) Zombie: Basic attack creature. (5 stock max, 30s replenish interval)
- Cold Corpse research: Adds a cold effect to Zombie's attacks that slows enemy units' movement speed. (requires Halls of the Dead)

TEMPLE OF THE DAMNED

$
>
$

- Apparition Upgrade: Transforms Necromancer into Apparition, giving it permanent invisibility but loses the ability to attack. (requires Necromancer Master Training)

$
>
$

- Wraith Upgrade: Transforms Banshee into Wraith, giving it permanent invisibility but loses the ability to attack. (requires Banshee Master Training)

- Merged Skeletal Longevity and Skeletal Mastery researches.
- Now trains Obsidian Statue and its upgrade.

DIMENSIONAL PIT (Sacrificial Pit)

$
$
$

- Harbinger: Mystical creature. Has Ray of Disruption and Summon Dark Elemental.

$
>
$
$

- Sludge: Monstrous creature. Spawns Lesser Minions on death. Can be upgraded into Ooze, giving it the Corrosive Sting ability and spawns an additional minion on death.

$
$
$

- Nether Drake: Flying anti-spellcaster. Has Mana Burn (orb effect) and Spell Immunity. (requires Black Citadel)

SLAUGHTERHOUSE

$

- Sky Barge: Flying transporter.
- No longer trains Obsidian Statue and its upgrade.

TOMB OF RELICS

KqX1rbp.png

- Now sells Dust of Appearance, Vampiric Potion, and Staff of Negation.
- Sacrificial Skull no longer requires a Graveyard.

TECH TREE
- Added Hall of the Dead to all tier 1 buildings requirement.
- Added Graveyard to all research requirements.
- Removed Graveyard from all non-research requirements.

NIGHT ELF

ANCIENT OF WAR

$
$
$

- Sentry: Versatile warrior. Has Elune's Grace and Shadow Meld.

$
>
$
$

- Vorpal Blades research changed to Ballista Upgrade, giving it the Impaling Bolts ability.

HUNTER'S HALL

$
$

- Assassin: Agile long-ranged attacker. Has Blink and Shadow Meld. (requires Tree of Ages)

MOON WELL

$

- Has Summon Water Elemental: 125 mana, 20s cd, 60s duration (requires Well Spring research)

BARROW DEN

$

- New tier 2 building.

$

- Nature's Evolution research: Allows Crawler and Windfury to evolve into a stronger form using mana (200), giving them unique abilities. (requires Tree of Eternity)

$
$
>
$
$

- Crawler: Poisonous creature. Has Poison Sting. Can evolve into Spitter, giving it a ranged attack and the Parasite ability.

$
>
$
$

- Windfury: Flying long-ranged creature. Can evolve into Stormhag, giving it increased attack speed and the Forked Lightning ability (orb effect). (requires Ancient of Wind)

ANCIENT PROTECTOR

$
>
$
$

- Can be upgraded into Ancient Corruptor, giving it +100 hit points, +3 attack damage, and the Orb of Corruption ability. (requires Barrow Den)

ANCIENT OF WONDERS

WUl6F47.png

- Now sells Lesser Replenishment Potion.

TECH TREE
- Added Tree of Life to all tier 1 buildings requirement.
- Added Hunter's Hall to all research requirements.
- Removed Hunter's Hall from all non-research requirements.

OTHERS

GOBLIN MERCHANT

9HVxrAs.png

- No longer sells Dust of Appearance and Staff of Teleportation.
- Now sells Scroll of Mana.
- Now sells Tiny Temple of Tides, allowing the player to build structures and units from the Naga race.

TEMPLE OF TIDES

$

- Primary Structure. Trains: Slave, Reaver. Research: Submerge, Attack and armor upgrades for Naga units.

$

- Slave: Naga worker.

$

- Reaver: Basic amphibian warrior.

SHRINE OF AZSHARA

$

- Trains: Siren, Couatl. Research: Upgrades for Siren, Abolish Magic.

$

- Siren: Amphibian spellcaster. Has Parasite, Frost Armor, Cyclone

$

- Couatl: Flying attack creature. Has Abolish Magic. (requires any Tier 3 Hall)

SPAWNING GROUNDS

$

- Trains: Snap Dragon, Myrmidon, Dragon Turtle. Research: Ensnare.

$

- Snap Dragon: Highly mobile ranged amphibian. Has Slow Poison, Submerge.

$

- Myrmidon: Powerful amphibian warrior. Has Ensnare, Submerge. (requires any Tier 3 Hall)

$

- Dragon Turtle: Heavy assault amphibian creature. Has Devour, Spiked Shell, Hardened Skin, Submerge. (requires any Tier 3 Hall)

ALTAR OF THE DEPTHS

$

- Summons Heroes. Revives slain Heroes.
- Can summon Sea Witch. (shared with Tavern)

CORAL BED

$

- Provides 15 foods.

TIDAL GUARDIAN

$

- Primary defensive structure.

MISC.
  • Trees take 4 times longer to be cut down.
  • Simplified unit and building descriptions.
  • Standardized unit, building, and research icon placements.
  • Standardized most buildings' pathing map and collision size to the size of Altars.
  • All Summoning spells now only use "Summoned Unit", "Ward", and "Illusion" buff description.

HOW TO IMPORT TO OTHER MELEE MAP:
1. Open this map in World Editor.
2. Open Object Editor.
3. File > Export All Object Data.

NYmIJPf.png

4. Save the Object Data file somewhere.
5. Open desired melee map.
6. Open Object Editor, File > Import All Object Data, and select the exported Object Data file.
7. Open Scenario > Techtree Properties.
8. Tick Use Custom Techtree.
9. Select All Players, and untick all Special units for all races.

ZXyEV3F.png

10. Open Advanced > Gameplay Constants.
11. Add Altar of the Depths to the list of Altars, Temple of Tides to Tier 1 Hall, and the 3 new heroes (Firelord, Alchemist, Tinker) if it's not already there (for older version only).

FXkfULt.png

11. Save the map and play.
Contents

Mur'gul Oasis X v1.00 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Basically, almost every unit can be upgraded into another unit. The implementations are minor. 100% Warcraft III material used in terms of gameplay (abilities, mechanics etc.). I suggest you take a more closer look at altered melee: How to: Create...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Basically, almost every unit can be upgraded into another unit. The implementations are minor. 100% Warcraft III material used in terms of gameplay (abilities, mechanics etc.).

1. Lumber Mill units cost wood. They're some sort of alternative but will probably be rarely used since lumber is a real necessity most of the time especially in the beginning.
  2. There are nice ideas overall. You've thought of polishing other things like some descriptions, building positioning in the build menu.
  3. The Wizard has Firelord abilities. That could be problematic, making that hero not original or partially not useful anymore. Also, Mass Soul Burn or summon abilities create imbalances.
  4. Now Dragonhawks can't be trained with a Keep and require the Castle like the Griffins.
  5. Marine is so non-Warcraft. Also Frenzy=Berserk.
  6. Fortified armour is hard to beat without siege-able units. The Steam Tank at least only attacks buildings but the Golem, every ground thing except trees.
  7. Why change the icon for Berserker Strength? Fel Form could have had a custom one.
  8. Shredder, Zeppelin and Sapper!? I guess that makes the Goblin Laboratory obsolete for orcs but since there's none... Zeppelins heavily imbalance the game only on one side. Sappers, imagine what they can do, not only to buildings.
  9. A troll with a priestly heal? Well, Healing Ward is for that. This creates imbalances.
  10. The icon for Warlock's Firebolt looks as if disabled instead of passive. You can turn the original Firebolt icon to passive with this: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same for Breath of Fire, Raise Grunt (to have the autocast borders), Frost Nova on the Revenant, Mana Burn on the Nether Drake, Forked Lightning on the harpy.
  11. Magi (ogres) don't need any upgrades to learn those spells. The first one is basically partly Inner Fire while the other is too strong if you have many ogres especially when you can summon another golem while the one before still has time to act.
  12. Necrolyes=partially Death Knight+Necromancer.
  13. Not sure why would you want the peon to go chaos when attacking is not an option with that low damage and very slow attack speed and it doesn't help with using the burrow better as it can't be used at all in fel mode.
  14. Drop some Healing Wards and Heal from the other trolls and you get a standing fel army especially when the ability is reversible.
  15. Zombies might have too a shorter cooldown. Also, their numbers stack. That might be a problem when being attacked as you could easily and quickly train them instead of other units.
  16. Barges, as Zeppelins, only on one or some factions isn't melee ready.
  17. Shade should have double the training time since before you had to train an acolyte and put him in the sacrificial pit. By the way, why not anymore?
  18. Wraith Upgrade says it needs Wraith Upgrade.
  19. Mana Burn is a controversial spell. In great numbers heroes are depleted. Sure, here it has a 20% chance of actually acting.
  20. Is the Apparition (necromancer upgrade) permanently invisible or when not casting spells? That's very hard on opposing players. Same with the Banshee-Wraith.
  21. Sentries are a filler unit like the ones the humans have in the mill but those serve a bit of different purpose since they are trained from a different building and require only wood.
  22. Assassins are maybe good vs workers but since they take 3 food, I don't know if anyone will mass use them, maybe one for scouting and stuff. Also, the point of Blink is to escape not be used for cheesy tactics not getting touched.

I suggest you take a more closer look at altered melee:
How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race
Custom Race Creation: Advanced Mechanics
UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.04
Planetary Domination v2.04
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
Thank you for the review, did not expect a very detailed one. I'll continue to update the map. I purposely did not include any imported resources and triggered spells to make it easier to export it to another map, but I'll reconsider it.

1. Lumber Mill units cost wood. They're some sort of alternative but will probably be rarely used since lumber is a real necessity most of the time especially in the beginning.
    • Well for a noob like me, lumber is abundant and there are moments when I have 10k lumber and zero gold, I thought they could be filler units to keep pressure on the enemy while waiting for gold to make stronger units.
  2. The Wizard has Firelord abilities. That could be problematic, making that hero not original or partially not useful anymore. Also, Mass Soul Burn or summon abilities create imbalances.
    • I will look into other abilities.
  3. Now Dragonhawks can't be trained with a Keep and require the Castle like the Griffins.
    • I did not change this. Is Gryphon Aviary a tier 2 building in the new patch?
  4. Fortified armour is hard to beat without siege-able units. The Steam Tank at least only attacks buildings but the Golem, every ground thing except trees.
    • Already changed this in the new version I'm working on.
  5. Why change the icon for Berserker Strength? Fel Form could have had a custom one.
    • I thought it was the perfect icon for the ability, and the creeps did not need the Command Aura icon because I changed it to be the same as War Drum.
  6. Shredder, Zeppelin and Sapper!? I guess that makes the Goblin Laboratory obsolete for orcs but since there's none... Zeppelins heavily imbalance the game only on one side. Sappers, imagine what they can do, not only to buildings.
    • Makes sense, I guess the Goblins can't join the Orcs faction then.
  7. A troll with a priestly heal? Well, Healing Ward is for that. This creates imbalances.
    • I read the forums complaining about Orcs don't have a tier 2 healing ability. (Healing Ward is tier 3, Human has Priest, Undead has Obsidian, NE has Moon Well.)
  8. The icon for Warlock's Firebolt looks as if disabled instead of passive. You can turn the original Firebolt icon to passive with this: Button Manager v1.8.2 Same for Breath of Fire, Raise Grunt (to have the autocast borders), Frost Nova on the Revenant, Mana Burn on the Nether Drake, Forked Lightning on the harpy.
    • This is because of the Orb of Lightning ability, there's nothing I can do to fix it except remaking the spell based of triggers.
  9. Magi (ogres) don't need any upgrades to learn those spells. The first one is basically partly Inner Fire while the other is too strong if you have many ogres especially when you can summon another golem while the one before still has time to act.
    • I'll work on more researches for the abilities, and increase the cooldown on summon abilities. Also, why does Necromancer can has a summon ability but the others cannot?
  10. Not sure why would you want the peon to go chaos when attacking is not an option with that low damage and very slow attack speed and it doesn't help with using the burrow better as it can't be used at all in fel mode.
    • For the luls, just making the most out of the cool model.
  11. Drop some Healing Wards and Heal from the other trolls and you get a standing fel army especially when the ability is reversible.
    • At first I made it as -25 HP per second, then I posted in reddit about this and they said it was too much.
  12. Zombies might have too a shorter cooldown. Also, their numbers stack. That might be a problem when being attacked as you could easily and quickly train them instead of other units.
    • But at a cost of tons of gold and they're fairly weak. But I could decrease the max stock a little bit.
  13. Barges, as Zeppelins, only on one or some factions isn't melee ready.
    • If I give Human and Night Elf the same ability, would that be okay? I don't see air-transport as op since Starcraft is doing okay with them.
  14. Shade should have double the training time since before you had to train an acolyte and put him in the sacrificial pit. By the way, why not anymore?
    • Forgot that Shade had training time too. I can't make a building trains unit and also has the sacrifice ability because it crashes the game for some reason.
  15. Wraith Upgrade says it needs Wraith Upgrade.
    • Sorry I thought I fixed this.
  16. Is the Apparition (necromancer upgrade) permanently invisible or when not casting spells? That's very hard on opposing players. Same with the Banshee-Wraith.
    • Permanent invisible. Should I add more true sight units?
  17. Sentries are a filler unit like the ones the humans have in the mill but those serve a bit of different purpose since they are trained from a different building and require only wood.
    • They are tank units unlike Archer and Huntress, especially with the Elune's Grace ability.
  18. Assassins are maybe good vs workers but since they take 3 food, I don't know if anyone will mass use them, maybe one for scouting and stuff. Also, the point of Blink is to escape not be used for cheesy tactics not getting touched.
    • Blink can also be used as an ambush, like when their base is walled by thin trees, Assassins can blink in to kill their workers. Inspired by Dragoons in Starcraft II.

EDIT: Turns out Warcraft III had a major update yet I made this map in a very old version (1.24e), that's very troublesome.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well for a noob like me, lumber is abundant and there are moments when I have 10k lumber and zero gold, I thought they could be filler units to keep pressure on the enemy while waiting for gold to make stronger units.
They have usefulness mid-late game when you're attacked and want to train some units faster but usually then these units would be too weak to actually do anything.
I did not change this. Is Gryphon Aviary a tier 2 building in the new patch?
Yes, Keep is now required for the Gryphon Aviary so that you can train Dragonhawks.
Already changed this in the new version I'm working on.
I mean, you have to be extra careful, take lots of things into consideration for instance giving the unit slow movements and/or attack speed, not enabling armour upgrades for them, things like these.
I thought it was the perfect icon for the ability, and the creeps did not need the Command Aura icon because I changed it to be the same as War Drum.
Well, since you kept original things and added over them, you shouldn't have made such a change (a little bit of confusion for players at first). That was the point I was making but of course, it's your decision.
Makes sense, I guess the Goblins can't join the Orcs faction then.
They can but not this way :D You have to give proper counters to the other factions for each kind of unit you add to a race.
I read the forums complaining about Orcs don't have a tier 2 healing ability. (Healing Ward is tier 3, Human has Priest, Undead has Obsidian, NE has Moon Well.)
Well let's recap:
- Humans have Heal, Holy Light and Scroll of Regeneration (if that's the correct name).
- Orcs have Healing Wards, Healing Wave and Healing Salve but you have to consider the fact that orcs have the toughest units HP wise.
- Night Elves have Moon Wells, Rejuvenation and Tranquility. Plus more regen during the night.
- Undead have Death Coil, Obsidian Statue, Skull of Sacrifice (undead regenerate more on blight).
This is because of the Orb of Lightning ability, there's nothing I can do to fix it except remaking the spell based of triggers.
Hmm... I'll look into it.
Also, why does Necromancer can has a summon ability but the others cannot?
Depends on the unit being summoned, its strength, duration etc. Also, necromancers need a corpse. They don't just summon out of the blue.
If I give Human and Night Elf the same ability, would that be okay? I don't see air-transport as op since Starcraft is doing okay with them
Yeah, every factions has to have a means for that sort of transportation.
Permanent invisible. Should I add more true sight units?
A detection war doesn't make a game fun but you could try.
Inspired by Dragoons in Starcraft II.
Stalkers but those are powerful and have low range.