• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II: Clash of Oil and Blood

「Warcraft II: Clash of Oil and Blood」
「A Warcraft II Remake 6-player map」

By Helldoom

A playable up-to 6-player map featuring the remake of Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft II game.
Includes most of the old Wacraft II naval building and combat, also models, icons, music, sounds and many more.

Gameplay:
You start from one of the 6 small islands on the edges or sides of the map.
After establishing a base, you should start searching for an oil patch near you, so you can start building up your naval armada and gain dominance over the sea.
The islands are also connected through the middle of the map, from where you can assault your enemies on ground.

Notes:
There is also a "Compact" map, which is of considerably lesser size, but without the original WC2 soundset.
And also a version with rich resources.

Screenshots
[tr][/tr]

full

full
full
full

Credits
[tr][/tr]
Blizzard Entertainment
Red XIII - Most of the great Warcraft 2 models
AndrewOverload519 - Mage model
Ket - Church model
PROXY - Ogre Mage, Zeppelin models
supertoinkz - Human Transport, Orc Oil Tanker, Ogre models
Dmitry Rommel - Orc transport model
Mephestrial - Orc oil platform model
Kam - Gnomish submarine model
Tarn - Skeleton model

Changelog
[tr][/tr]
v1.2
Reduced map size a bit
Added compact version, with smaller file size, but without the WC2 soundset
Updated some models, smaller fixes on AI and units
Added credits in-game

v1.1
Changed map name
Updates on some spells, attack, unit properties, audio and others
Smaller fixes

Keywords:

Warcraft 2, Warcraft II, War 2, Tides of Darkness, Multiplayer, Map
Previews
Contents

War II: Clash of Oil and Blood Alt (Map)

War II: Clash of Oil and Blood Rich (Map)

Warcraft II: Clash of Oil and Blood (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
I was wonering why the map was so heavy. One I was ingame I found out. You took the time to import all original sounds from wc2! while such work and passion is comendable, I feel like it's not really needed and furthermore makes it hard to get players...
deepstrasz
Peasants build like in Warcraft III. That might create balance issues. There's a lot of spaces between trees. Oil Tanker selection circle too low. Same with the Oil Platform. This unit has no hotkey for its build ability and it is positioned between...
Level 19
I was wonering why the map was so heavy. One I was ingame I found out. You took the time to import all original sounds from wc2! while such work and passion is comendable, I feel like it's not really needed and furthermore makes it hard to get players (due to how long it takes to download the map).
The map size seems a bit too big, it takes to long to cross from point A to B.
Requirements are invisible instead of greyed out. I don't think that helps, you have to figure out what is needed for what on your own.
AI sorta works but is a bit bootleg, altough this was expected.

Overall it's a good map, but I feel like it needs some polishing.

Set to Awaiting Update
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 9
I understand the issue with the high file size due to the sounds. But I wanted to keep it, in case someone wants to play it like that, so I added another version of the map without the sounds. I hope that is acceptable.

I also tried to make the map a bit smaller, it should be better now.

The requirements not being visible, apart from how it was in WC2, it also has to do with how I imported the icons. So currently changing it without some lengthy modifications would result in an also confusing display :).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Peasants build like in Warcraft III. That might create balance issues.
  2. There's a lot of spaces between trees.
  3. Oil Tanker selection circle too low. Same with the Oil Platform.
  4. This unit has no hotkey for its build ability and it is positioned between Patrol and Haul Oil.
  5. Tankers go to the nearest platform not to the one they are sent to initially.

A pack of maps with this mod would be much appreciated.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 11
Oh man, how long have I searched for this. Thank you so much, I only hope you'll be able to port it to more maps. Hearing Wc2 soundtrack and the repressed peasants sure brightened my day.

EDIT: By the way, the Paladin Heal spell has the same hotkey as "Hold Position". Which makes Bloodlusted Ogres OP as in the original, not sure if intentionally made to add the clunkiness feel of Wc2.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey man. I like this map so much and play it with my friends very enjoyable. But the only headache is the limited resources especially the GOLD. Would there be a unlimeted resource edition of this map?

Level 2
Hey, it didn't need much of a change so I posted a new version with much higher resources. Hope you enjoy.

Great thanks. Really Appreciate it! Would this be updated to support W3 Regorged? Since I found some bugs like no sounds and some buildings of Human are invalid and unclickable even with the classic graphics.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi there!

My English is not enough to express how much I love this map.

I'd really like to play other Warcraft 2 maps like this one. But I do understand that you do not have time to adapt all of them.

Please tell me if I can adapt them myself? Which version of the game do I need? And third party World-Edit extensions i have to use?

Level 9
Hi there!

My English is not enough to express how much I love this map.

I'd really like to play other Warcraft 2 maps like this one. But I do understand that you do not have time to adapt all of them.

Please tell me if I can adapt them myself? Which version of the game do I need? And third party World-Edit extensions i have to use?

Hey, it is a bit tricky to open this map as you need an older version (i.e. 1.26) editor and NewGen with UMWSE enabled. You can also check my campaigns editor version with need only plain World Editor to open.

Level 3
Hey, it is a bit tricky to open this map as you need an older version (i.e. 1.26) editor and NewGen with UMWSE enabled. You can also check my campaigns editor version with need only plain World Editor to open.
Thank you! It will take some time, but I'll definitely try to make more maps, keeping the bar you raised.

By now I'm experimenting with custom melee, where I'm going to include "Dark Horde" as one of available races.

Please check out my version of Death And Decay spell - you might find it useful
  • DeathAndDecayImprovedCast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death And Decay (improved) (new)
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit Caster =(GetTriggerUnit())
      • Custom script: local player Owner =GetOwningPlayer(Caster)
      • Custom script: local location TargetPosition=GetSpellTargetLoc()
      • Custom script: call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'h002', Owner, TargetPosition, GetUnitFacing(Caster) )
      • Unit - Set Name of (Last created unit) to (String((Key (Triggering unit))))
      • Unit - Set Unit: (Last created unit)'s Integer Field: Level ('ulev') to Value: (Level of Death And Decay (improved) (new) for (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "deathanddecay", TargetPosition )
      • Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 99999, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 80.00
              • ((Triggering unit) is alive) Equal to True
              • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(deathanddecay))
            • Then - Actions
              • Custom script: call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'h002', Owner, TargetPosition, GetUnitFacing(Caster) )
              • Unit - Set Name of (Last created unit) to (String((Key (Triggering unit))))
              • Unit - Set Unit: (Last created unit)'s Integer Field: Level ('ulev') to Value: (Level of Death And Decay (improved) (new) for (Triggering unit))
              • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "deathanddecay", TargetPosition )
              • Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) - 80.00)
              • Wait 1.50 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
              • Custom script: exitwhen true
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(TargetPosition)
      • Custom script: set Caster = null
      • Custom script: set Owner = null
  • DeathAndDecayImprovedEffect gui
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Dummy DeathAndDecay
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local location PositionIni= GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 99999, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
              • -------- In order not to make leaks, I use custom script version of this trigger with following text: --------
              • -------- call ForGroupBJ( GetUnitsInRangeOfLocAll(300.00, PositionIni) --------
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Name of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (String((Key (Picked unit))))
                      • (Name of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Name of (Picked unit))
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 13.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 20.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 26.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                                • Else - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
              • Wait 0.50 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Custom script: exitwhen true
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(PositionIni)
Like WC2 spell, it:
1. Casts as long as you have mana (and alive and don't want to prevent further casting)
2. Doesn't deal damage to the caster
a53f89a671.jpg

306e89a14c.jpg

Level 1
Привет, не стесняйтесь ими пользоваться.

Hi, feel free to use them.
Thank you very much. Can I ask you something else? I really liked the way you made the second list of buildings for workers, but I can't understand how you hid the main list. If it is not difficult for you, can you give an answer to this question?

Level 9
Thank you very much. Can I ask you something else? I really liked the way you made the second list of buildings for workers, but I can't understand how you hid the main list. If it is not difficult for you, can you give an answer to this question?
The building relatred triggers are in the Techree directory.
If you are asking about the Basic/Advanced builds, then it's in the "Orc/Human Build Icons" triggers.
If it's about the hiding of buttons, then it's in the "Orc/Human" triggers. Basically check if player has certain research/buildings to make other units/buildings avaiable and show them.

Level 1
The building relatred triggers are in the Techree directory.
If you are asking about the Basic/Advanced builds, then it's in the "Orc/Human Build Icons" triggers.
If it's about the hiding of buttons, then it's in the "Orc/Human" triggers. Basically check if player has certain research/buildings to make other units/buildings avaiable and show them.
Thank you very much for your response. In this question, I asked about the button itself, namely hiding it. Thank you again for your response, and maybe in the near future I will recreate custom warcraft 2 maps in warcraft 3. Have a good time.

Level 11
Amazing map but since reforge came out there are some issues.
Such as the Mage Tower being unselectable after being built, the Worker build/advanced build hotkeys being messed up (you have to change the hotkey of basic build to anything other than "B", as B summons the building menu, V works fine for Advanced Build) the Paladin heal hotkey not working as it overlaps with (H)old position.
These are the main issues that make it rather unplayable for Human.

Here are some minor things along with some other which I'm not very sure of myself as i'm not too familiar with Wc2:
Paladin heals very small amount at the expense of all his mana, the spell isn't that useful.
Archer armour gets upgraded but it doesn't give any armour bonuses (I assume archer armour shouldn't get upgraded but mechanic is still there).
Making some hotkeys more usable such as the Mage spells Polymo(R)ph instead of P, In(V)sibility instead of I, Slo(W) instead of O and Flam(E) Shield instead of L.

Really great map, I wish there were more map variations.