• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Clash Royale Warcraft

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Clash Royale Warcraft

Created by XsizterX

About

Clash Royale Warcraft is my take on the popular game by Supercell "Clash Royale" released international March 2, 2016 for Android and iOS where the objective is to destroy the other player's base before he destroys yours.

Media

The Hero Units

MMOwXl6.jpg

The Map

9U0CDxl.jpg

Features

I wanted to capture with this map the fun you can have in Clash Royale but spice it up a bit, it is still the same concept just updated. There are currently 12 units and 3 heroes for the Human and Orc side depending on which side you are at.

Units include (Humans): Knight, Prince, Giant, Archer and Bomber

Units Include (Orcs): Grunt, Flesh Warrior, Revenant, Hunter and Catapult

Heroes include: Barbarian King, Archer Queen and Grand Warden for both teams (Will change at a later date).

Information and Suggestions

The map is not the final build and will be changed over time during the life span of this project and it is open source so you can change it all you want. If you want to do more with it just give me credit so people know who made the idea of a Warcraft III Clash Royale map.

The map is not created to be played in Single Player against a computer, so you should play it multiplayer with friends or really anyone to get the best experience from the game!

Have any ideas, suggestions or things i should improve upon? Post it in the comments so i can see it.

Keywords:
Clash Royale
Contents

Clash Royale Warcraft (Map)

Reviews
Next Review: [2016-05-26] Rufus Moderation Note Note: You say that the map is not final. In that case, it does not belong here, but should be posted in the map development forum. Some flaws: -The heroes have basic abilities, all aren't even...

M

Next Review: [2016-05-26]
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
You say that the map is not final.
In that case, it does not belong here, but should be posted in the map development forum.

Some flaws:
-The heroes have basic abilities, all aren't even useful for this map. The ranger had an owl scout, to scout a map that was already revealed.
-Your screenshot promises a decent terrain, but none of it is in the actual map.
-The Towers could actually attack each other, which is not a good thing.
-Strange gameplay, as all my units just got crowded, and only a few could attack on the same time.
These are just a few of a lot of flaws. I suggest you read Aether's and Zenonoths reviews for more things to fix.

There was a lot of flaws in this map, and it doesn't feel like you have put down much energy into it. As it now it can not be accepted.
Status set to awaiting update with a long waiting time.

[2016-05-11]
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
What you need to do:
Add a decent description.
As it is now, it is not very informative and messy to read. It doesn't give any information on what type of map this is and it lacks structure and screenshots.
I don't think you will attract any players with a description like that.
With a nicer looking description it might just become more attractive for people to download and try it out.

If you need information on how to create a proper description, check this out.

Until a good description is provided, this maps status is set to Awaiting Update.

Just tested here's my review

- The map is too simple, there's no problem with simplicity.. but there's no custom heroes, no custom spells.

- There are missing tooltips

- Names are messed up like: ''Train Acher" ''Train Pince"

- Hotkeys don't work

- I can't get gold to train other units

- No appropriate loading screen or preview image

- Terrain is mediocre

- Cooldown time on units is too high, I can't rebuild my army if it dies

Overall, this map fails to be a footman-frenzy type map which I'm assuming it is supposed to be

I'll rate it 2/5 hoping for fixes, will change my rating when necessary changes are applied.

Level 3
Just tested here's my review

- The map is too simple, there's no problem with simplicity.. but there's no custom heroes, no custom spells.

- There are missing tooltips

- Names are messed up like: ''Train Acher" ''Train Pince"

- Hotkeys don't work

- I can't get gold to train other units

- No appropriate loading screen or preview image

- Terrain is mediocre

- Cooldown time on units is too high, I can't rebuild my army if it dies

Overall, this map fails to be a footman-frenzy type map which I'm assuming it is supposed to be

I'll rate it 2/5 hoping for fixes, will change my rating when necessary changes are applied.

Well the map and units are not final and i said the map is not final the final build so thanks for the feedback. I will fix these problems over the course of the map updates. :)

Also the map is not based on footman frenty, i don't even know what it is. I legit based it on Clash Royale's gameplay system.

Level 5
Gameplay:

I'm gonna start reviewing about the way of playing Clash Royale. In Clash Royale, you just pick troops by picking a card to train and deploy it in the field. You don't even need to control it to attack. While Clash Royale WARCRAFT, you need to control the troops to attack, and so on.

The base is too small, expand the map a little bit more, and some tower can even attack each other. You might want to reduce the range of the towers of Force 2, because Force 1's tower has 700 range, while Force 2's tower has 800 range. Also the damage and armor of each tower from both team is not equal, you need to balance it. By the way, the left tower of Force 2 is not well placed, its a bit mess. The path is also small, it can cause the units to stop from attacking to its enemy. On top of that, only one unit can able to accross the path, or the bridges. I think, you should make the base (Or the map) even bigger, or you can also make the collision size of every unit smaller.

Lets move on to the techtree. In clash royale, elixer is given every second to train units (Or troops), however, in your map, in order to train units, you need gold. But, when I played this map for the first time, some questions get inside my mind, "how to get gold? How can I train units, if I don't know how to get gold." Anyways, back to the topic, you need to make a system, about giving gold every second, instead of giving gold by killing units. And also, add cooldown to the units (Like in Clash Royale). About the units, there's a lot of issues, you might want to balance it. Like for example, the knight is free to train, it does not have requirments of gold but it has limit to train. It means, I can train Knights as I can, as long it has replanish. Another one is the Archer. It does have the requirment of gold, but it also have the requirment of lumber and food. One more thing is the stats of each units and heroes, like the damage, armor, hitpoints, abilities, and so on. I don't remember Clash Royale has heroes to train, but you should balance it, and add the heroes to the town hall to remove the Altars, or make the Altar of King or the Altar of Storm invulnerable. Add some abilities to the Town Hall, like the Fireball Cannon thing. The tooltips of each units and heroes are a mess, you might want to fix it all for a better look.​

Terrain

The terrain is too plain. I know its a small map, but you should improve it, by putting some doodads, tiles, etc.

The field is too empty, add some doodads, like flowers, shrubs, birds, bats, bones, corpse and so on. You choose a great kind of tiles variations, but you didn't place it well.

As I said earlier, the path or the bridges is too small, it can make the units stop from attacking. One unit can only accross it. You need to make it more bigger, in order the units can attack. Increasing the space will be great, to make a epic battle, however, the map is too small to make a epic battle.​

Verdict

Please, improve your map, by balancing and fixing. There are so a lot of issues for you to fix. You also need to add some features. I will rate it 1/5, and voting for awaiting update.

Level 26
Next Review: [2016-05-26]
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
You say that the map is not final.
In that case, it does not belong here, but should be posted in the map development forum.

Some flaws:
-The heroes have basic abilities, all aren't even useful for this map. The ranger had an owl scout, to scout a map that was already revealed.
-Your screenshot promises a decent terrain, but none of it is in the actual map.
-The Towers could actually attack each other, which is not a good thing.
-Strange gameplay, as all my units just got crowded, and only a few could attack on the same time.
These are just a few of a lot of flaws. I suggest you read Aether's and Zenonoths reviews for more things to fix.

There was a lot of flaws in this map, and it doesn't feel like you have put down much energy into it. As it now it can not be accepted.
Status set to awaiting update with a long waiting time.