• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal: Human Campaign

「Warcraft 2 Beyond the Dark Portal - Human」

By Helldoom

Gameplay
[tr][/tr]
A complete remake of Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal Human campaign. Featuring most of the old Wacraft II models, icons, music and sounds, and many more.
You can play through the Campaign in the original setting, or from the first Mission you can set to advance with the leaders of the Alliance, who fight during Beyond the Dark Portal.

Screenshots
[tr][/tr]

full

full

full

full

Credits
[tr][/tr]
Blizzard Entertainment
Red XIII - Most of the great Warcraft 2 models
AndrewOverload519 - Mage model
Ket - Church model
PROXY - Ogre Mage, Zeppelin models
supertoinkz - Human Transport, Orc Oil Tanker, Ogre models
Dmitry Rommel - Orc transport model
Mephestrial - Orc oil platform model
Kam - Gnomish submarine model
Tarn - Skeleton model
Tranquil - King cinematic model
MadseN - Cinematic Cannon model
RightField - Archdemon
Tauer - Orgrim, Gul'dan, Dentarg. Kilrogg, Grom, Kargath model
Stefan.K - Khadgar, Turalyon, Zuluhed, Saurfang model
Mc ! - Alleria model
Ujimasa Hojo - Thoras Trollbane, Aiden model
TurieL - Brann model
apaka - Zul'jin
HerrDave - Rend Blackhand
Holy Crusader - Blackrock Blademaster (Maim) skin
Necrokenis - Teron Gorefiend model
Svetli - Orgrim Doomhammer icon
LordGandulfo88 - Saurfang icon
PrinceYaser - Rend Blackhand icon
Asssssvi - Footman cinematic model
Mister_Haudrauf - Tagar, Thunderlord raider model
RightField - Cinematic book model

Changelog
[tr][/tr]

v1.2
- Adjusted enemy AI on some missions
- Balanced and fixed some spells, and unit properties
- Fixed several wrong sound outputs
- Fixed several tooltips, hotkeys and icons

Keywords:
Warcraft II, Warcraft 2, War II, War2, Beyond the Dark Portal, BtDP, Human campaign
Contents

Warcraft II BtDP: Human Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You should fix what others have mentioned. It works on 1.31.1 PTR. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB CODES...
Level 5
Oh cool! And so the Alliance Campaign for the Beyond the Dark Portal is here!

This finally completes the entire circle of the Warcraft series campaigns.

Sadly, whenever I try it, it only turns to black... WC3 does not crash, but it just simply turns black and unplayable overall

Level 9
Oh cool! And so the Alliance Campaign for the Beyond the Dark Portal is here!

This finally completes the entire circle of the Warcraft series campaigns.

Sadly, whenever I try it, it only turns to black... WC3 does not crash, but it just simply turns black and unplayable overall

Strange, when exactly are you getting a black screen, at loading the campaign itself or one of the maps? Also to make sure you are using the current WC3 version, right?

Level 2
Same problem here. When I open the first quest, the game goes black and nothing happens. With the rest, the game closes.

Level 28
(Also present in the first campaign):
* Danath's Defend tooltips say he reduces less damage at higher levels.
* Turalyon's Flame Strike: Just doesn't do enough damage, maybe give him a healing spell instead.

First level: Upgraded Paladins don't get Sacred Vision (and no spell research).

Second level: Units fight over the intro scroll. This can result in a tower being spared.
Enemy waves have this distressing tendency to bunch up so they attack at the same time.

Last edited:
Level 10
Mission 2 was extremely hard in the beginning phase when 3 enemies attack constantly, sometimes simultaneously.
I don't remember this mission being that hard in WC2. Or maybe I'm just bad.

Also some models are bugged. In mission 3 this (see the screenshot) happened to me.
High polygon count or something. Restarting the game didn't help, but oh well, completed the mission nonetheless.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_052519_102955_03.png
    WC3ScrnShot_052519_102955_03.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 585

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Searing Arrows doesn't work on units if used without letting be autocast but it takes mana.
  2. Turalyon's For the Alliance doesn't really say what it does/gives. Holy Flames says: followed by minor damage for 6 seconds. Minor meaning, less than 1?
  3. On the second level, you can briefly see the ogres and walls and whatnot right before the mission briefing starts.
  4. Demolish hasn't any description but blank space expanding the description box.
  5. You can make Holy Weapons have the autocast borders with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
  6. Tankers and Oil Platform selection circles too low.
  7. Oil Tanker Build description null plus I think it should be placed right under patrol.
  8. Got a crash after sending Turalyon to the portal circle of power after destroying all enemy main buildings. It worked when I sent Turalyon to the circle before destroying the purple fortress.
  9. The Daemon has hero glow. Units with it usually have no decay animation and their bodies remain for quite an amount of time on the field.
  10. Shadowmoon has enemy critters in their base; portal in the middle mission with Turalyon.
  11. Oil patches are almost invisible on green water during the night.
  12. You can win the level by building three shipyards and not having to destroy the enemy ones; map after the one with Turalyon protecting the dark portal.
  13. Khadgar's Arcane Blast doesn't say how much damage it deals.
  14. When learning Storm Hammers, the icon is that of Divine Shield being deactivated.
  15. Fenris Wolfbrother has no her glow. Other another model or: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  16. Kurdran doesn't have hero glow.
  17. Holding out=/=destroy all enemy buildings.
  18. Lavabolt=Firebolt. Also, Mogor has no hero glow.
  19. Exorcism and Healing don't mention any values.
  20. Spray of Arrows has a double S at the beginning of which one is yellowed like the hotkey.
  21. The gold mine in the western enemy base is considered an enemy.
  22. The Dark Portal can't be selected but can be targeted by units right-clicking on it or using the attack command on it. The problem is, you don't know how much HP it has left even by enabling the health bars. And, only Khadgar can target it. Well, it catches fire and it can be destroyed.
  23. Searing Arrows can be used on allied/owned units.
You should fix what others have mentioned.

It works on 1.31.1 PTR.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 10
After playing the whole campaign, to sum up, the missions that were very hard (at least for me):

II. The Battle for Nethergarde
As I said above, 3 enemies attack constantly, sometimes simultaneously.
The only way I found (by accident) to beat this mission is to trick the AI by using Flying Machines above forests/mountains so that enemy can see them, but can't attack them, so the whole pack is just stuck there.

VII. Deathwing
Maybe I used wrong approach, but I couldn't pull Deathwing from his lair, so I had to bomb my way with Demolition Squads, and also it was real tight with gold.
BTW, just checked, in WC2 you can't build Barracks in this mission, so this changes everything.

IX. The Heart of Evil
Same as mission 2, same problem, same trick I used.

Didn't have much problems with other missions.
Probably need to mention, that I had WC3-Heroes disabled.
That may have affected the difficulty, if the campaign (or some missions) was balanced for other option in mind...

And a few other things:
- Paladin "Heal" ability hotkey is H, but it doesn't work, since H is "Hold Position".
- Found by accident, that Submarine can be loaded into Transport Ship, LMAO...

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_061919_123420_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_061919_123420_04.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 594

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Or is there a way to edit this campaign?
Please don't multipost.

There's no known way as of yet to downgrade maps but only to fix JASS errors of older ones for newer patch versions.

You won't be able to open the maps or some of them in the 1.26 editor to save them with that version.

Since you have a newer version as well, as you claim, I see no reason why you'd want to play something on 1.26 not made for 1.26.

Level 2
Please don't multipost.

There's no known way as of yet to downgrade maps but only to fix JASS errors of older ones for newer patch versions.

You won't be able to open the maps or some of them in the 1.26 editor to save them with that version.

Since you have a newer version as well, as you claim, I see no reason why you'd want to play something on 1.26 not made for 1.26.
Sorry. I didn't mean to. multipost.
But how can I edit the campaign with the current version (1.31)?

Level 1
I did download a mod Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal one for human and one for orc it does not work at all so can one please fix it so i can play this mod for hours with no problem at all.Will you please fix it so I can play this mod in Warcraft 3 with this mod name ok thanks.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I did download a mod Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal one for human and one for orc it does not work at all so can one please fix it so i can play this mod for hours with no problem at all.Will you please fix it so I can play this mod in Warcraft 3 with this mod name ok thanks.
Warcraft III Data Migration (place the campaign file under C:/username/documents/warcraft III/campaigns/ (C being the disk where you have your OS installed).
You need the latest patch I think, 1.31.1 or at least post 1.29.2.

Level 1
  1. Searing Arrows doesn't work on units if used without letting be autocast but it takes mana.
  2. Turalyon's For the Alliance doesn't really say what it does/gives. Holy Flames says: followed by minor damage for 6 seconds. Minor meaning, less than 1?
  3. On the second level, you can briefly see the ogres and walls and whatnot right before the mission briefing starts.
  4. Demolish hasn't any description but blank space expanding the description box.
  5. You can make Holy Weapons have the autocast borders with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
  6. Tankers and Oil Platform selection circles too low.
  7. Oil Tanker Build description null plus I think it should be placed right under patrol.
  8. Got a crash after sending Turalyon to the portal circle of power after destroying all enemy main buildings. It worked when I sent Turalyon to the circle before destroying the purple fortress.
  9. The Daemon has hero glow. Units with it usually have no decay animation and their bodies remain for quite an amount of time on the field.
  10. Shadowmoon has enemy critters in their base; portal in the middle mission with Turalyon.
  11. Oil patches are almost invisible on green water during the night.
  12. You can win the level by building three shipyards and not having to destroy the enemy ones; map after the one with Turalyon protecting the dark portal.
  13. Khadgar's Arcane Blast doesn't say how much damage it deals.
  14. When learning Storm Hammers, the icon is that of Divine Shield being deactivated.
  15. Fenris Wolfbrother has no her glow. Other another model or: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  16. Kurdran doesn't have hero glow.
  17. Holding out=/=destroy all enemy buildings.
  18. Lavabolt=Firebolt. Also, Mogor has no hero glow.
  19. Exorcism and Healing don't mention any values.
  20. Spray of Arrows has a double S at the beginning of which one is yellowed like the hotkey.
  21. The gold mine in the western enemy base is considered an enemy.
  22. The Dark Portal can't be selected but can be targeted by units right-clicking on it or using the attack command on it. The problem is, you don't know how much HP it has left even by enabling the health bars. And, only Khadgar can target it. Well, it catches fire and it can be destroyed.
  23. Searing Arrows can be used on allied/owned units.
You should fix what others have mentioned.

It works on 1.31.1 PTR.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
thank you

Level 3
I’m currently playing this campaign and I’m at chapter 9. Overall you did a good job, it is very faithful to warcraft 2 universe and it reminded me good memories.

Nonetheless, I think some things need to be changed/improved. I played with patch 1.31 and I chose to use the heroes.

1) Heroes basic stats should be increased, especially alleria's and khadgar’s range.
2) I’m not a big fan of some models used in this campaign (shipyard, castle, ogres which look too small compared to the death knights for instance…)
3) Peons are even more stupid than in the original warcraft 2: when they empty a gold mine, they simply stay iddle in their base and don’t harvest another gold mine located in the same continent (but at least the game doesn’t lag :p).
4) The IA never attacks me with naval units.
5) Dwarvens are useless because of that huge delay before they explode.
6) All missions are available when we start the campaign.

Also, here are some recommandations to improve the gameplay experience:

- Chapter 1: heroes are pretty weak and become a burden, adding some units would be appreciable.

- Chapter 2: same as chapter 1, it is very challenging to clear an enemy base at the beginning because at this point, danath is not as strong as he were in WC2.

- Chapter 4: I destroyed red with my starting units and black did not attack me during my playthrough (they only send me a few dragons, I don’t know if it was intentional or not).

- Chapter 6: I encountered some issues with this one. If I recall correctly, teal and dark green were supposed to attack me with land units but it didn’t happen. Also there were a major graphic bug with textures that appear and disappear randomly when I approached teal’s stronghold with my gryphon riders.

- Chapter 7: contrary to the original warcraft 2, we can’t lure deathwing away from his lair (he always turns back) and I don’t think we can build dwarvens to destroy the rocks.

Level 4
on ACT1 on third of fourth mission with Tyralion it says to break all strongholds i have make shipyard but it dosent have transport ship to pass the river any one know what to do?

Level 4
Could not play this because it wont run...neither in 1.26 nor in 1.30.4. I wish a playable version could be made on these as I've found these 2 are the most used versions.

Level 1
I loved these campaigns when they first came out. I recently re-installed WC3 since I got a new computer, and was hoping to play these again. However, this and the orc campaign don't appear in the custom campaign menu now. The Tides of Darkness campaigns from the same author work though, and they were installed the same exact way. Anyone know what might be causing this?