1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is another thing.

Will those that made custom maps, campains, models, icons, skins and other stuff have to recreate everything with this new version, or is there the possibility of putting some files into Warcraft reforged with no problem?

2. JaleVeliki

JaleVeliki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Work in progress footage, so hopefully it looks even better!

Almost cried, HYPE! :infl_thumbs_up:

3. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I watched and noticed this by now but its even worse. These are trying to look like their cgi cinematics ones with being realistic textures where wc3 was cartoony textures and surfaces and being cartoony where wc3 was realistic.... armour shape and size, weapon sizes and so on. Which is very bad change....and it is compeletely unessesary. After looking at it for a while it just looks like parody of original Wc3 with these incredibly silly proportions and realistic texturing surfaces and silly and very clunky animations.
    It seems like they try to mate cinematic realistic style with ingame but they do it wrong...

About ui.....what about command grid and people using it ijnvarious ways....new ui is clrearly not prepared with anything of that type in mind and it will cause severe issues when we have maps removing buttons or using more than this new ui offers. They shouod leave command grid and mini map alone.....or entire ui so just with options to make them be in 4:3 positions or edges of the screen.

4. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Impossible.....reforged models are incredibly high poly and mimic cinematic models....and its really bad decision.....it should stay more pastel cartoony and realistic texturing style. Model detail can be realistic but texturing and 2d syltyle should never be changed to realistic

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Preach.

6. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Classic Warcraft III is much better.
    Why? We have thousands and thousands of "Custom Models" and this new reboot/remaster will kinda take a lot of years to have that many custom models.

7. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So wait is this a remake of warcraft or just a brand new one made from scratch? And, is there a date when it will come out? im sure these questions have been asked but i dont feel like scrolling through them all lol.

8. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I find it fascinating how people are so... Pessimistic about something I can only see as a good thing. Like, 'Neat! A reason to play through Warcraft 3 again! Time to see what's different or not.' This could work to revitalise the community, garner more interest, maybe have more of the older people (quite evidently from this thread alone) return.

If you don't like the new artsyle, great, play with that option that apparently exists, if you still don't like the .... i don't know, engine changes? The original still exists. And if that Brood War situation happens, rendering the original Warcraft III free, that's even better.

...i don't know, maybe i'm unrealistically optimistic about this, I am genuinely curious to see how this pans out, and I will love playing through it because I do love Warcraft III and having a new flair will be interesting to play through it for. ...Although really, I've already had to sit through this exact same pessimism since yesterday for another game community. ugh. gamers are so annoying sometimes.

9. Light

Light

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems cool, I'm hyped to see what other improvements they can make from what I've seen of the trailer.
    Lighting and shadows look... weird, in the gameplay trailer. Hopefully it looks better in the release product.

10. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remake-o-"fix"(to fit it with WoW and hots). Its not a remaster since they dont even try to be faithful to WC3 look. It will be crossplayable tho.

11. Mistablockout

Mistablockout

Resources:
    Resources:
    I couldn't be happier.

This is my childhood game.

12. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same. This is literally what I said to people on Discord when trying to explain my joy:

13. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exacly....also its not so easy since they are doing something dumb here.....forcing very realistic texturing and materials....and everything for wc3 is in its real artstyle which is cartoony texture wise, so none of the models or skins will fit. I was stressing it several times why remaster of warcraft iii must be done very carefully with full respect of original artstyle and textures, but they didnt listen....or it was already far in development behind the scenes for so long that they just ignored all of that.

14. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The thing that confuses me is they put all this effort into the original war3 with all these updates then they randomly come out with this instead? I mean im happy about it but just confused as too how there gonna go with all this, we shall see.

15. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hopefully they make some 3d supporting tools.... like to convert our old models to the new one. Our low poly still gonna look decent imo

16. ArgentinianUser

ArgentinianUser

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Surely to make happy both sides, those people who will love the wc3 remaster and the people who still love original wc3 old essence and hate the new version

17. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks good son

18. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    It runs on same engine they will run fine...problem lies in what they did to original models and their artstyle.....nothing will fit....

19. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    We are always waiting for it for years!

Now we get it. Warcraft III, the most popular, famous and classic game all over the world, has reached another key point. I am stunned.

Now what I want to do is pre-purchase. I just want to purchase it immediately.

20. 4rum_Arts

4rum_Arts

Resources:
    Resources:
    But we are glad that we are not in despair like Diablo users. :D