1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good to see that i am no alone :v
    Yes buildings are really ugly cuz of this excessive stylized appearence and WoW traits like over sized armours and too much of unnessesary decorations or spikes on the armour is really bad. I dislike changes or animations and cinematic style. It could be still similar to originals like Sc2 does it ingame and with few better animated cutscenes that reflect original style more. It is weirdly done now.

Also style is very weird mix of excessively cartoonish and "wow realistic" and it adds to excessive inconsistency.
    I want to show with my planned remasters of models to show how it should be done. It will take time to do.

I really dislike the UI and graphics for loadings. It shoudnt be changed(could be redrawn for 16:9)

Animations should be exacly like in original with minor improvements(hand motions) like Sc2 Wc3HD models do, and for models to be as close to originals as possible.

2. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    'WoW' style looking doodads\buildings are epic, I hope they'll use old design abit more though for ghoul etc, also Necromancer is pretty epic my only wish is them going the WoW route and not going that Hots shitty style.

So yes old 'concept' 'design' must be kept for all models (add that damn tail to dreadlord even though he looks epic) but the style must be like this WoW-realistic

3. Wardota2 Gamer

Wardota2 Gamer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am really happy but question is: IS THIS GONNA BE COMPATIBLE IN 32BIT?

My OS is actually Windows 32bit

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    IS IT GONNA RUN ON MY 4 BIT OS?!

You're missing a prefix or suffix there buddy

5. Pyraeus

Pyraeus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will drop whatever I said befo
    hate to break it to you. They already did go the shitty style.

Also for the rest of you. Arguing is pointless, but many will ask for it. Accidentally or on purpose.

You will have to learn to face the divide soon between Warcraft communities. Only when the game truly comes out will you learn about disappointment and what really is fine to remain and what isn’t fine to remain. Many of you will like this game because of the endless mods you can do that is no where similar to the game, but let’s face it... you people have been doing that with terrain and many other crap for years as well. So the Hive Workshop will face a divide and all moderators should smart up and learn to take critic voices and opinions into consideration. Massive forum changes will have to be ready before 2019. We should be ready.

It is clear to our eyes that the years of good work and commute that has kept this community thriving will all be flushed out. Changes will be made. New models will be at the horizon and new ones will be here. The many old ones we made will be useless to the new engine and those who know real Warcraft 3 will always use the old ones and ya engine. and God bless those who see that Warcraft 3 should be a game built with passion and love for what the game it originally was. Not some cheap graphical sell out it will become.

I, for one, will not give in to easy graphical changes of a game that I don’t even recognize anymore. I will leave my opinion to that and hope the Hive members organize before the coming release of this new release and list down all the main issues. But I am afraid they aren’t capable of doing that and hoped on the hive hype train. Chu-chu!

Farewell and good luck. “Takes up pick axe and Walks peasants style” More work?

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It likely was optimized, but not gone through an optimization pass with the code. That said, such passes give some performance increases, not enough that a high end lap top running an ancient game on an undemanding map will suddenly perform very well. If you have an already working, >10 year old game that was designed to run on a 300MHz processor with trash pipelining and it suddenly performs like trash on a high end Intel processor form post 2016 then you have done something horribly wrong.

Yes the graphics are more complex. No it should not impact frame rate much on any reasonable GPU. VPU load should be reduced due to more modern D3D11 or D3D12 level APIs. WC3 barely loaded GPUs anyway so a little bit more is still trivial. Unless they are saying that they are relying on driver profiles to be written from AMD and NVidia...

Also "cutting edge" graphics?! It got raytracing or something? Or again, did they write the page 2 years ago before cutting edge and the system requirements changed...

7. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm just going to point out that this exact quote was said of Brood War Remastered when it was first announced.

8. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Side note; I'm so happy that old models will be like 'trash' , as a HD modder(which is a retired job by that announcement) every map with imports were a pain to look at to me, they were clashing with hd models and ruining the whole reason for that 'hd' mod

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And I've still hadn't bought it even today. Too many uncalled for changes to portraits and art. I would have been very happy with a resolution boost. The StarEdit has it. The game could have had it too. Many have done it with third party tools before.

10. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    you literally can still play it with the original graphics in widescreen mode at higher resolutions without buying the remaster

11. oger-lord

oger-lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The old low resolution textures gave Warcraft a dirty look. This is completly missing. Everything is smooth and clean.
    I played arround with the colors and added some noise.
    Dirt.jpg

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How? I get black borders and it's not widescreen. I'm talking about the current game patch version.
    You are not the Warcraft III community. You're just one piece.

13. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will my custom wc3 map load up and be playable in this new editor?

14. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok ill be honest : when i saw news i couldnt believe cause there was no logic to tell me they will do it - deep paranoia i just thought its a joke or hacked page.

My first reaction was similar to crying of happines , then when i watch video i was kinda : WTF is this , i expected way more.

Some assets look terrible, enviroment is not kinda in same tone,colors dont blend much and some assets got different art style in environment.

About models : Some are huge dissapointment about art style, and some use very bad animations.

I wonder did you followed head concept of human worker ?? ! I couldnt see its portait yet , but i saw icon of human similar to old wc3,he should like that. Cause human worker is epic,unique.

Also zombie face i could see, unit is very nicely done. Do you know wc3 Portrait of Zombie is kinda UNIQUE! Combination of hairless undead and frankenshtien - i cant get close describe sorry . Its just unique art style

What Blizzard must understand is that there is 1 hard-line that warcraft 3 makes epic and unique (and i was afraid they will care of it) is combination of : 1.Portrait (which is kinda constantly with you when you control the unit) 2. Unique animations for some models 3. Sounds of characters talking

This trinity gave a soul of old wc3 , actually it gives PERSONALITY to units. And in some custom games they are EPIC and you kinda cant forget them(while tho in melee they are just creeps to kill) .Either you find wow generic, or hots not enough style like wc3, or sc2-wc3 assets not enough quality : You must agree old wc3 had a SOUL = eh but it wasnt HD enough?

After all that anger i said to my self : Relax , the most important thing is it HAPPEND! It has to be started, our hearts need remaster badly .I am afriad this is way to pushed cause of actual need , and some good will of blizz people for fans screaming for remaster. And it is obviously top blizz guys dont give a fuck.

YOU KNOW WHAT ? THERES NO TURN BACK NOW . I dont care about skins much , but it gives me a reasonable logic premise that : The game will not die, and we will be able to buy skins so top-lords can earn money = which means game will get new patches,upgrades etc!

I think they must do it cause = we cant afford they abandon us again for 10 years without any patch!

Blizzard must help to those guys of wc3 reforged, cause now theres no turning back and its a huge huge potential.

So everyne who is not satisfyed with everything : Relax , say tnx to anyone who pushed this to happen (classic team guys or someone else???), dont judge this hard, support it, cause its not over. Got new engine thnx god the most important thing ever. Relax please...

Relax cause no metter how some thing dont look as we expected : Somone pushed this to blizz elite money-blood-sckers and bring it to people so selfish elite cant say NO to us anymore.

Yes maybe B or C team is doing it . I wish team A is doing - whatever i will never forget the courage of people who brought this = even tho i dont know their names :D

For 2-3 years from this moment we will face with something like Dota 2 did with its Dota 2 Rebirth thing .

And in glory of that i suggest that warcraft 3 reinforged can have a game name Warcraft 3 Rebirth :) lol

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  15. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah i dont really like what he said there......
    Also......they really should just embrace wc3 artstyle......its what made it look still nice despite blocky models. thanks to nicely tuned cartony artstyle that made it age finely alongside with good animations that are well timed and defined, which makes me dislike this reanimations or just replacements with hots animations....

16. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes :)

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And how he totally dodged the answer to my question afterwards.

19. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I will point out that because WC3 had no colour management, if they actually gave it colour management, as I suggested in the past, it would look washed out until they adjust the light intensity and such to be appropriate. My suggestion was made that it be applied to all versions of Warcraft III, and not just a remaster, because it will alter fundamental parts of the game graphics that will always be in common.

20. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well, i hope custom maps and models will work in this new version or no money from me.... and no pre-order yet either i dont have enough to go on.