1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They will work in the new editor :)

2. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I hope the editor changes don't oversimplify some existing powerful features.

I recall learning previously that the wc3 world editor was made by a third party/contractors. I'm guessing "remaking" it is actually a necessity.

3. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    All I'm saying is I'm happy that was what needed so Blizzard has done the right thing, if people thinks it is bad they can make a better remaster themselves, We (Armies of Azeroth) tried it and it looks like we failed to deliever it in time and yes I do think some models we made are cooler but there is no denyinh Blizzard did ALL while we were just crawling

4. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    New warcraft? I might actually come back here more often then. lol

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was referring to this question, not yours:
    Warcraft 3 Reforged

6. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Source? I've talked to Ben Brode (of Hearthstone fame) about his work on the Mac editor, so.

7. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only thing I'm missing right now is the old a lot dirtier look but oh boy, it seems they are doing a lot of things right!
    :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

8. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have been a Warcraft 3 player for 10 years now and I don't know if I should be excited or annoyed >_>
    although 30 euro is a good price I don't want to have to buy the game AGAIN!
    they could at least make it that if you have your ROC & TFT keys to get the game for free... OR at least get a discount lol...

also I should hurry and finish my map before the new WC3 is out >_>

9. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've never understood this argument... It's one thing if it was a game littered with microtransactions and DLC and you're paying to get it on a new platform with slightly better graphics a couple years later (Skyrim), but... Come on. It's been 16 years, dude. How many hours have you spent in this game? Do you think you got your money's worth? Because if not, I feel really sorry for you.

10. maxxxus

maxxxus

Resources:
    Resources:
    i support your opinion about blizzard trying to make people waste money in something which will be a dissapointment, as it does with its new patchs it created. the graphics and mechanics seems to be really poor and i wouldn't expect a better development in the new world editor. blizzard even confirmed when this new version of warcraft will be available!!

it is so similar when blizzard released "wc3 - armies of azeroth", but even this mod has better graphics than this new wc3 version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    You're wrong. If you watched Grubby's stream it's blatantly Warcraft 3 with new models.

Anyone who's worked with Warcraft 3 enough will recognize all the UI quirks are still there.

Armies of Azeroth is a fan-made mod.

12. maxxxus

maxxxus

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh xD you're right. now i understand why this mod is really good.

13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is my opinion about this.

I am thrilled for these news and eager to test it.

However, I am also sad as most likely the old Warcraft III that fans loved for more than 15 years will lose popularity. Warcraft III is my favorite game and it scares me the possibility of it being forgotten in favor of this new version.

The models look a lot more realistic, which is good, but from what I have seen in the trailers, some old models seem more fitting. Just saying.

The voices in the cinematic also seem different from the ones of the regular Warcraft 3. Arthas' voice for example reminds me of his voice in Wow. I truly hope they keep most of the same voice actors for this new version, as I prefer them over their WoW versions.

14. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Let's look on the bright side, people!

1) New icons!
    2) New skins and geosets to use in old-school models.
    3) Influx of new blood which will hopefully revitalize the old-school part of the modding community too... maybe...

That's... something. Right?

15. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update from the panel
    - Modding tools used to make the new models will be given to the community.

Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 01.36.17.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 01.37.31.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 01.38.07.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 01.39.03.png Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 01.39.51.png

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  16. Triceron

Triceron

Resources:
    Resources:
    The first shot looks like a screengrab from the stream. The pictures of in-game shots on their main site are more sharper and have more vibrant colors, like your edit.

Also, I don't think this runs HD modellers out of work. If anything, this revitalizes it. I've been doing Warcraft 3 models for SC2 since 2010 and I'm happy to see the bar's been raised for polycounts for a WC3 remaster. I'm looking forward to going back and upressing some assets to fit this new style, and possibly even make edits on some of the uglier ones in the game to make em look better.

17. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Considering what they did with SC:R, I don't think it'll fragment the community, because I think it'll literally be the same game with HD toggles. Might be wrong, if someone has a source that disproves my assumption feel free to share it.

I think that was the original voice line? Not sure. I do recall Arthas being pretty angsty early on.

18. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    *rises up from the grave*
    I am here to mod again, with Reforged

19. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    we need to recreate everything from this site for warcraft 3 reforged

20. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm interested in seeing how this is going to work out, especially the editor. The low quality models have bothered me for...forever.