• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War and Craft - Warcraft 3 x Command and Conquer

War_and_Craft_New_Logo.png

Greetings, commander.

War and Craft is a Command and Conquer reimagination of the original game, taking elements from both games, and combining them for an amazing experience. Build your altars, get your magic superweapons and go to war!

This project was developed by AdinizWarcraft and Summer with me (AdinizWarcraft) acting as the map editor and developer behind the map itself, while Summer acted as the ideas guy, statistics, balance, etc. However, none of this could've been possible without the help of various other people.

As of the 3rd of June 2023, this map is FINISHED! We've ironed out all the issues, optimized the triggers, added all features we've hoped to add, and more. But our journey isn't over yet. We are currently working on War and Craft: Exodus of the Horde!

Credits

Resource Providers:
Cavman:
Zerg Lurker

JetFangInferno:
Bladestorm

supertoinkz:
Altar of some sorts

Gamegear:
1st Rank Aura, 2nd Rank Aura

Ujimasa Hojo:
Altar of Storms (Undead), Totem (Night Elf), Altar of Loa (Darkspear)

Mike:
Wagon

Darkfang:
Shadow Capture Icon, Shadow Capture Models

Azure Phoenix:
Moon Disc

Blizzard Entertainment:
BTNGarrisonArmy

Loktar:
Altar of Storms (WC2) Icon
UnholyArmorTarget (Necrolyte)

Tamplier:
Old School Altar of Storms

infrenus:
Plague Spreader

Null:
BTNTotem (Night Elf)

Rykon-V73:
VoidBoltImpact

Vinz:
Sacred Storm

doom_sheep:
Spore Cloud

bakr:
Lordaeron Monument model and icon

InfernalTater:
Gold Ore Mine, with edits by SgtWinter

Tasyen:
HideMinDamage

XGM:
Star models from XGM, unknown creator.
If I've missed anyone in the credits, please dm me either here or on discord! (although i am more likely to see it on discord.)
I would also like to thank SgtWinter for providing us with several melee maps to use and helping me out with various things during the project's development. Check out some of his own projects!
I'd also like to thank Deolrin and Deloctyte, who have massively helped me with feedback and testing. Check their stuff out!

Known Issues

- Construction Wagon-type units tend to just disappear without building when building too close to the gold mine.
- Unit lag can get terribly bad sometimes.

625eb604bb8605784489d361_Discord-Logo%2BWordmark-Color%20(1).png

We also have our own discord server, where you can see the latest hosted games, look at replays, see latest updates and give me feedback!
Join here! https://discord.gg/UYdXrJpzTH

image.png

You should also check out Spellbringers by Bawbz, an amazing complete conversion mod for Warcraft 3, with a friendly and active community.
Bawbz has massively helped me through the project's development, right from the beginning. Unfortunately I screwed him over by saying I'll join the tournament and quitting in the last moment, so I hope I can make up for it. Please do play Spellbringers, it is an amazing map!

Version History

Initial release.
+ Added lose condition. Sorry!
+ Increased outer gold mine amount on Abandoned Village to 40000 from 30000
+ Fixed object data errors on Abandoned Village
+ Fixed hotkey being the same on both Move and Charge commands
+ Fixed Imprisonment affecting allies/your own units
+ Minor balance
+ Infantry now deal 1.8x damage to Beasts, from 3.0x
+ Changed some game interface text.
+ Gave all units custom Veterancy Abilities should they reach Veterancy 2.
+ Various nerfs, buffs and fixes.
+ Reworked recharging system.
+ Rewrote most triggers to be more efficient.
+ Fixed issues with the building system.
+ Building errors (ex. more than 2 buildings, building too far away) are now visible to the player.
+ Game announcement whenever someone researches their path.
+ Game announcement whenever someone starts using their Destructive Ability.
Previews
Contents

(4) Blood River - War and Craft (Map)

(4)Abandoned Village - War and Craft (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Neat idea. Your map basically kind of told me how to make a C&C build system. The Dragonhawk can't be trained. It wants lumber. Slow requires Long Rifles. It's a neat start although I'd push it to original tecthrees rather than the usual Warcraft...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Neat idea. Your map basically kind of told me how to make a C&C build system.

The Dragonhawk can't be trained. It wants lumber.
Slow requires Long Rifles.

It's a neat start although I'd push it to original tecthrees rather than the usual Warcraft III ones, well, part of them.
I think it would work better as a resource in Spells.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 7
Neat idea. Your map basically kind of told me how to make a C&C build system.

The Dragonhawk can't be trained. It wants lumber.
Slow requires Long Rifles.

It's a neat start although I'd push it to original tecthrees rather than the usual Warcraft III ones, well, part of them.
I think it would work better as a resource in Spells.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thanks for the review, deepstrasz! Glad it could help too.

I have zero idea how the dragonhawk issue even got through, that or it might be Latest Melee Map settings fucking me over again as I move data from map-to-map.
Yeah, the passive abilities like Slow are based off original 'upgrade' abilities like Long Rifle (aka dummy abilities). The requirements are originally removed but sometimes Latest Melee Map settings tend to break stuff, although luckily since they're passive, they don't require a requirement as it's all done in triggers.

Maybe. Truth is, I've never played C&C myself, at all. All of the statwork and balance and all that stuff is done by Summer.
I'd put it in Spells but I think it still has potential as a map of its own, although I could probably upload my much-more-boring Real Scale map in there.

Tried this with Warcraft III Community Edition.

• AI support is non-existent at the moment
  • The annoying more gold required or not enough food message
  • I love how it mimics Red Alert very well
  • Dragonhawk issue with needing lumbers

It is hard to give even decent scores if we go with gameplay unless a full-house with high action rate is in order. However, I will applaud the effort to bring two of my beloved games into one and I hope AI support can be a priority.

Level 7
Tried this with Warcraft III Community Edition.

• AI support is non-existent at the moment
  • The annoying more gold required or not enough food message
  • I love how it mimics Red Alert very well
  • Dragonhawk issue with needing lumbers

It is hard to give even decent scores if we go with gameplay unless a full-house with high action rate is in order. However, I will applaud the effort to bring two of my beloved games into one and I hope AI support can be a priority.
Thanks for the feedback, Daffa.
I genuinely really want to do AI, but unfortunately with the way the building system works it's way out of my limit.
I'll work on some of the other issues mentioned.

Level 35
Would you mind stating why you rated this 1 star without any actual feedback?
After seeing a review that said this belongs in the spell section without really offering much insight beyond that attached to a rating of 4 out of 5, I was under the mistaken impression a rating did not require any actual feedback.

To specify - the review, at present, provides me with mixed signals. On the one hand, it seems to indicate that a submission in the map section that is presumably intended for people to play would be better served as a resource in the Spell section where it is not. Yet on the other hand, the map is approved and provided a 4 out of 5 star rating. The language of "It's a neat start although I'd push it to original tecthrees rather than the usual Warcraft III ones, well, part of them." also gives me the impression that, according to this review, the submission is incomplete (and perhaps in need of awaiting an update). From my end, this is some very mixed signals, where the only real insight I can garner from the review about this map is that Dragonhawks still cost lumber and Slow has incorrect techtree requirements.

As for my own rating, I have so far found the gameplay to be on the simpler side, and while the submission itself does not appear to violate any rules of submission I do think that it is a very basic concept with questionable execution in key areas - one example of this would be the requirement for flying units to "reload" in a map that incorporates "Command Army" mechanics that is all but required for the number of units you will produce on account of food costs being used to emulate "power" (from Command and Conquer and Red Alert games) rather than limiting the number of units you can pump out.

If it would help, I can provide a reassessment of the map, although at present the leading example that I followed has been, for me, vague and difficult to follow - yet I am asked to provide explanation despite being a typical user, former map reviewer at most.

Naturally, if anything I have said has presented itself as being inflammatory or problematic, then I would ideally address such as well, although this was not brought up and, hopefully, it has not been an issue thus far. Hopefully this provides some context ☺️

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I wonder if part of the issue is how different people treat ratings differently. For some, 1/5 Stars is the worst rating second only to 0/5 (which is impossible to give as a Star rating, of course), essentially a "this was horrible".

Yet for others, 1 Star is no mark of shame; it's given to resources that are essentially fine but not impressive. 1-5 is seen more like "acceptable-good-great-excellent-the best".

I'm not sure it can be said which view is "more correct", but I think it's important to recognize the different frameworks people can be working under.

Level 35
I wonder if part of the issue is how different people treat ratings differently. For some, 1/5 Stars is the worst rating second only to 0/5 (which is impossible to give as a Star rating, of course), essentially a "this was horrible".

Yet for others, 1 Star is no mark of shame; it's given to resources that are essentially fine but not impressive. 1-5 is seen more like "acceptable-good-great-excellent-the best".

I'm not sure it can be said which view is "more correct", but I think it's important to recognize the different frameworks people can be working under.
You're exactly right, and in some contexts it could be considered that the true mark of shame would be no rating at all due to the resource being restricted or even deleted. It is also interesting to note how often a resource receives a 5-star rating without any real feedback and this is seldom, if ever, questioned - is the implication, therefore, that the rating system is, while out of 5, only really there for people to pick more colloquially acceptable ratings which are more geared towards being functionally superficial?

I think there may be some attitudes which may be a holdover from when ratings were used to determine approval status, too - but these are user ratings, and users do not actually decide whether or not a resources gets approved. Nor are there any written expectations, standards or rules on how to use these features. As far as I can tell, there is no rule that specifies a user is required to provide explanation for a rating that they give, so long as they are following the other site rules that are set in place.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
After seeing a review that said this belongs in the spell section without really offering much insight beyond that attached to a rating of 4 out of 5, I was under the mistaken impression a rating did not require any actual feedback.
You rated it one star way before I reviewed it and wrote anything about it being more fit but not necessarily mandatory for the Spells section.
Being a "normal" user doesn't make you immune to giving politeness and proper feedback. Moreover, you've been part of the map reviewing staff which is one more negative from my POV for the way you not only acted but then replied.
Anything doesn't simply go. Relativity in some matters is quite limited.
You're exactly right, and in some contexts it could be considered that the true mark of shame would be no rating at all due to the resource being restricted or even deleted. It is also interesting to note how often a resource receives a 5-star rating without any real feedback and this is seldom, if ever, questioned - is the implication, therefore, that the rating system is, while out of 5, only really there for people to pick more colloquially acceptable ratings which are more geared towards being functionally superficial?
Slightly an issue there. But your post wasn't even directly related to the map so it was worse than just 1/5 bad map. It was like 1/5 spam/off-topic.
As far as I can tell, there is no rule that specifies a user is required to provide explanation for a rating that they give, so long as they are following the other site rules that are set in place.
There aren't a huge amount of rules but that is to not to say you shouldn't use common sense, be polite or try to help the map maker out. There is no rule saying you can't post some random messages on someone's profile once in 24hs or so but would that be nice?
Unhelpful posts are a waste of time and it'd be better if they weren't posted at all.

Last edited: