• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village Protectors

Map Description:
A hidden village is under attack by a great number of demons. Their defenses are weakening and they need your help to protect themselves from attack.
Protect the Fountain of Life and kill the boss of the demons to bring peace back to the village.

The map works in 1.27b and Reforged.

Version: 1.51
General:
-Fixes have been made.
-Now it is not possible to give
Resources or Souls to allies.
General:
-2 new Heroes have been added: Demon Hunter and Spirit Walker.
-New store added:
Beast Amulets.
-New items have been added for summons.
-
Arcane and Runic Pedestal stores are now Global.
-Now you can exchange
Resources for Souls and vice versa in the Arcane Shop.
-Now any item with usable skill has no
mana cost.

Demons:
-The wave Demons and bosses have been balanced.
-The
Final Boss battle has been remade.
General:
-Some bugs have been fixed and some small balance.

Heroes Spells:
-Monk of the Mountain: Epicenter skill has been changed.
-Forest Druid: Ancestral Shield skill now is Channeled.
-Night Watcher:
Effectivity skill now is active.

-Hero skill icons have been improved.
Demons:
-Some demons have been improved.
-I increase the amount of demons that attack per wave.
-The mechanics of the Final Boss have been changed.

General:
-New items have been added.
-The
Runic Pedestal has been added.
-You can now buy two
Runes to upgrade your hero in the Pedestal.
-The maximum level of
summoning upgrades is now 7.
-Now you can see the life of the
Fountain in the table.
-New
creep camps were added.
-Fixed some bugs in mission rewards.

General:
-Some bugs have been fixed and some small balance.

Fixes and Balances:
Heroes Spells:
- Several skills have been rescaled in the Heroes.
Items:
- New Unique items have been added.
Demon Bosses:
- The abilities of the Demon Bosses have been balanced.
- Mechanics have been added to some Demon Boss abilities.
Difficulty Mode:
- Easy Mode: Damage of Demon Bosses at 55% / 2 Demon Upgrades.

- Normal Mode: Damage of Demon Bosses at 70% / 3 Demon Upgrades.
- Hard Mode: Damage of Demon Bosses at 85% / 4 Demon Upgrades.
- Insane Mode: Damage of Demon Bosses at 100% / 5 Demon Upgrades.

Fixes and Balances:
Heroes Spells:
- Rejuvenate: CD adjustment: 16 / 15 / 14 / 13.
- Inferno: Summoning has a 50% reduction of Spell Damage.
- Whirlwind Blades: Now causes physical damage.
- Fan Blades: Now causes physical damage.

Fixes:
- The effect of life stealing by physical damage and spells has been fixed.
Items:
- Poisoned Dagger: Initial damage: 125 / Damage per second: 50.
- Gold Fragment: 10% Life Steal.
- Gold Ring: 15% Life Steal.
- Radiant Armor: 20% Life Steal.
- Amethyst Fragment: 5% Spell Life Steal.
- Amethyst Ring: 10% Spell Life Steal.
- Runic Armor: 15% Spell Life Steal.

- [New] Scroll of Armor (Consumables)
- [New] Scroll of Magic Protection (Consumables)

Terrain:
- Two new caves have been added in base that teleport you to the Neutral Camps area Medium Level.
Demon Bosses:
- The abilities of the Demon Bosses have been rescaled.

Fixes and Balances:
Heroes Spells:
- Nature Blessing: Does not heal turrets.
- Turrets: Increased AOE damage when destroyed.
- Reinforcement: Increased health granted: Hero: 150 / 300 / 450 / 600.

- Reinforcement: Increased health granted: Turrets: 300 / 600 / 900 / 1200.
- Missiles: Maximum damage increase: 300/450/600/750.
- Ice Crystals: The effect of the crystals has been adjusted to coincide with the damage area.
- Fire Projectile: Percentage adjustment: 20% / 25% / 30% / 35%.
- Fire Projectile: Damage Adjustment: 35 / 55 / 75 / 95.
- Crossfire: CD adjustment: 18 / 17 / 16 / 15.
- Water Torrent: CD adjustment: 65 / 60 / 55.

Fixes:
- Fixed the Restoration Stone system during the Final Boss fight.

Difficulty Mode:
- Easy Mode: Bosses Ability Level 1 / 3 Demon Upgrades / 2 Demon Boss Upgrades.

- Normal Mode: Bosses Ability Level 2 / 4 Demon Upgrades / 3 Demon Boss Upgrades.
- Hard Mode: Bosses Ability Level 3 / 5 Demon Upgrades / 4 Demon Boss Upgrades.
- Insane Mode: Bosses Ability Level 4 / 7 Demon Upgrades / 5 Demon Boss Upgrades.
Gameplay:
For a better game experience it is recommended that there be 5 or 7 players.
The main unit is the Hero, but you can also buy Beasts that can help you with defense and resources.
The boxes scattered on the field are a good way to get rewards.
You can buy some Runes to upgrade your hero at the Pedestal.
At the end of the Demon Waves are created Missions that you can complete to get rewards. It is important to distribute these missions in a good way.
You can take possession of the Souls of the Passive Animals in the base. The Souls can be used to buy items, buy runes and to upgrade the Beasts and summons.

Appreciation:
Special thanks to WOE Community for their testing and recommendations.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Models:
-Vinz
-Villagerino
-Jab1z
-Alpain
-Tranquil
-TurieL
-HappyTauren
-handclaw, Norinrad
-General Frank
--Grendel
-Gyrosphinx
-Shardeth
-Kenathorn
-kellym0
-Em!
-Kuhneghetz
-nGy
-WILL THE ALMIGHTY
-Spacebuns
-JetFangInferno
-ILH
-UgoUgo
-FrIkY
-Yours Truly
-Callahan
-DCrimson
-Zaldazzor
-JesusHipster
-dhguardianes
-Spellbound
-s4nji
-Vadim 647
-Freddyk
-BoatyMcBoatface300
-ThompZon

Icons:
-~Nightmare
-Scias
--Grendel
-General Frank
-Jampacked11
-NFWar
-PrinceYaser
-Gwen Stefani
-Mr.Goblin
-zbc
-Mc !
-kola
-Krysis
--Berz-
-morbent
-viiva
-Darkfang
-Nightmare Moon
-JollyD
-Hellx-Magnus
-Blood Raven
-Cryophoenix
-Nightcrime
-darkdeathknight
-Blizzard Entertainment
-D.ee -ThompZon
-The_Silent
-Kimbo
-Mad
-bigapple90
-Marcos DAB
-LazZ
-chilla_killa
-cedi
-The Panda
-Mustang

Skins:
-Ezikielth, Rommel
-Just_Spectating
-Mr.Goblin
-Stanakin

Others:
-Bribe
-Mayday
-MelNefys
-jeffreyq
-YubelHaouJudai
-LazZ
Contents

Village Protectors V.1.51 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The screenshots don't show. You might need to set them to public instead of private in Media. Got a sudden crash (on 1.30.4 but not on 1.35) when the first demon wave started and the enemies were reaching the fountain. I was playing with the Paladin...
Level 2
Well polished map with great potential. The starting cinematic is good. The heroes have detailed tooltips and it's great that the player is able to check the stats before picking any of them. A personal suggestion here would be to add the possibility to switch to another bracket of heroes even if I let's say click on Agility heroes. What I like the most is that you really focused on the aspects of the heroes. Their spells seem to synergize well for easy combos. The shop are easy to understand from the first glance. Map layout is really well done for this genre. Found a minor bug with Dalaria's second spell, the ring of ice crystals seems to damage enemies that are far away from the target area. You might wanna check the radius on that. Couriers are available to quickly bring items to your hero.

Suits approval! :psmile:

Level 5
Well polished map with great potential. The starting cinematic is good. The heroes have detailed tooltips and it's great that the player is able to check the stats before picking any of them. A personal suggestion here would be to add the possibility to switch to another bracket of heroes even if I let's say click on Agility heroes. What I like the most is that you really focused on the aspects of the heroes. Their spells seem to synergize well for easy combos. The shop are easy to understand from the first glance. Map layout is really well done for this genre. Found a minor bug with Dalaria's second spell, the ring of ice crystals seems to damage enemies that are far away from the target area. You might wanna check the radius on that. Couriers are available to quickly bring items to your hero.

Suits approval! :psmile:
Thanks for your review! It is a great help to keep improving the map.

About the hero group switching, you can change the type of heroes by clicking the
Resurrection Stone again.
If that doesn't happen, please let me know.

Thanks again for your publication. Soon I will upload a map improvement with some fixes and balances.
:peasant-cheers-back:

Level 5
Second map update!

V.1.20.
Short description:
We have balanced and added some items and modified abilities of Heroes and Demon Bosses. Finally, two new teleport caves have been added.

I have new ideas for
Version 2.00. We are still working on Village Protectors. Thanks for your support. :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 3
needs a way to skip the opening cinematic when the map is so insanely difficult from the get-go
also why recommend 4/6/8 players in particular?

Level 5
needs a way to skip the opening cinematic when the map is so insanely difficult from the get-go
also why recommend 4/6/8 players in particular?
Hello!

With respect to the cinematic, I have thought about skipping it. For the 1.27b versions the cinematic is useful to be able to preload some things of the map before starting. That's why I haven't changed it yet. Maybe I will change it in other updates.

I recommend that amount of players because I know that the map itself is very difficult. For 4 players: 3 can defend while 1 takes advantage of the time to gain resources in the forest until the Demon Boss arrives. With 6 and 8 the same thing happens.

I comment that the number of demons and life of the bosses increases when there are more players on the map.
Personally I like the map to be difficult to play. I think it is the essence of the map.

In the next updates I will add more rewards and quests to keep the map balanced.
Thanks for your feedback!
:peasant-grin:
P.D.: Then let me know if you have won the map and what difficulty you played.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The screenshots don't show. You might need to set them to public instead of private in Media.
Got a sudden crash (on 1.30.4 but not on 1.35) when the first demon wave started and the enemies were reaching the fountain. I was playing with the Paladin. Actually I think it has something to do with selecting some enemies. Most probably a model issue.
An Acolyte from the eastern/right lane suddenly returned to where it came from when almost reaching the fountain.

Overall a nice defense map with varied heroes and somewhat gameplay too.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 5
The screenshots don't show. You might need to set them to public instead of private in Media.
Got a sudden crash (on 1.30.4 but not on 1.35) when the first demon wave started and the enemies were reaching the fountain. I was playing with the Paladin. Actually I think it has something to do with selecting some enemies. Most probably a model issue.
An Acolyte from the eastern/right lane suddenly returned to where it came from when almost reaching the fountain.

Overall a nice defense map with varied heroes and somewhat gameplay too.

Approved.
Hi! Thanks for your comment and for approving the map! :peasant-victory:

I haven't played on version 1.30 but it might be a bug in the model.
Regarding the waves, I will continue to improve the system to make it more consistent when acting.

Thanks again! I'm still working on the map. :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 4
Hey I played your map with 5 players on normal difficult.

I really love the design of the map, tooltips and items.

The Hitpoints of the bosses of the first and second is in my oppinion too high. The first boss took like 5 minutes to beat. Then sadly we had 2 leavers and the second boss killed us (we couldn't kill kim because he had more hp regen than we did damage to him).

What is missing:

• Abilities of Items and Heroes could maybe scale with hero level and/or stats of heroes too make them more viable
  • Potions didn't heal enough hitpoints to survive the second boss (maybe add more expensive but potions that also heal % max hp?
  • shared bounty for creeping / waves to make support heroes more viable (could be like 25% of bounty is shared between team member for example)
  • creeps after first boss (in the forest) seem to give the same bounty, allthough they got more dmg

Notification:

• revive time doesn't seem to scale, it was pretty low with level 7
  • lobby music/ ingame custom music still played after we defeated at the second boss for me. I had to close wc3 for it, to stop playing.

Question:

- do creeps heal near the fountain in the middle too?

Really neat, good quality map, looking for further development.

Level 5
Hey I played your map with 5 players on normal difficult.

I really love the design of the map, tooltips and items.

The Hitpoints of the bosses of the first and second is in my oppinion too high. The first boss took like 5 minutes to beat. Then sadly we had 2 leavers and the second boss killed us (we couldn't kill kim because he had more hp regen than we did damage to him).

What is missing:

• Abilities of Items and Heroes could maybe scale with hero level and/or stats of heroes too make them more viable
  • Potions didn't heal enough hitpoints to survive the second boss (maybe add more expensive but potions that also heal % max hp?
  • shared bounty for creeping / waves to make support heroes more viable (could be like 25% of bounty is shared between team member for example)
  • creeps after first boss (in the forest) seem to give the same bounty, allthough they got more dmg

Notification:

• revive time doesn't seem to scale, it was pretty low with level 7
  • lobby music/ ingame custom music still played after we defeated at the second boss for me. I had to close wc3 for it, to stop playing.

Question:

- do creeps heal near the fountain in the middle too?

Really neat, good quality map, looking for further development.
Hi!
Thanks for playing the map and for the comment!

About the initial bosses, it's true that they have a lot of life. I'm going to balance that.
I can say that the game becomes very difficult when a player leaves. In the next versions I will distribute the resources of the players that leave to the rest of the team, so they can upgrade their items.

Actually, it was not in my plans that the skills of the items will scale based on level or stats. There is only one item that increases magic damage based on the hero's intelligence. I will probably change that item so that the magic damage increase will be based on the main attribute of each hero. Even so, I will keep in mind the idea you told me.

I like the idea of potions. I will surely add it. I also plan to add potions that give certain buffs.

The resources obtained by killing demons in the waves are shared among all players. But the creeps in the forest are not. I am going to add that some
forest quests give rewards to the all team and not only to one player.

About the revive time of the heroes, my idea is to make it short so that the heroes are constantly fighting but the penalty for dying is that the Fountain receives direct damage.

It's strange what happens in warcraft reforged, when I play in version 1.27b the music stops when the map ends. Maybe I have to add some trigger to stop the music in reforged.

Creeps or demons are not healed at the fountain in the middle. But, Demon Bosses are healed when they receive an upgrade (the screen shakes).

Again, I appreciate your ideas for improving the map. I am still working on this project to balance it and improve the game experience. :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 5
Fourth map update!

V.1.40.
Short description:
The waves and bosses have been improved. Also more creep zones and runes have been added to improve the hero. The artwork of the game icons has been improved.
Now I hope it will be a more intense and challenging game!

Thanks for the many tips and comments. I will keep working to improve the map experience.:peasant-wink:

Level 5
Hello! Fifth map update!

V.1.50.

New Heroes, new items and a general balance in the waves and Bosses.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, both in the post and in the map tests. I hope you can enjoy this new version!

And as always... We will keep working on it. :peasant-victory:

Level 7
I like this map!

I played it with full house (7p) on Normal and the creeping in between the waves & trying to do quests is a lot of fun. It gives you a nice break to look at and think about items while still having something to do. The items are also very well designed and fun to work towards & have during the fights.

I played the Paladin, and I felt absolutely busted (in a good way) keeping my team alive with an insane amount of AoE healing with my ult and the armor item that heals AoE, I was also very survivable myself, and the Q also deals a pretty nice amount of damage vs the small mobs. I liked how the E was every Nth attack, and not a percentile chance. Maybe there can be some kind of indicator on which Nth attack we are at, and/or maybe the hammer could glow if it's about to stun?

Some parts of the bosses did feel pretty grindy, though, and I'm rarely a fan of bosses removing progress (e.g. through healing like the spider boss). The quests were sometimes also hard to find, wandering through the forest looking for the right kind of mob to have spawned. Maybe it would've been faster to pull them so another group spawns behind.
I loved that I could just heal myself & my team through AoE attacks from the boss if my R was on. Very paladin power fantasy.

The grindy bosses could've just been bad dps, who knows. The last boss felt good!

In total retrospect I do feel like the map took us a little too long, people were getting tired near the end because the fights are pretty intense too. It took us 80 min to complete the map.

I also got a bit confused on the runes you can buy from the pedestal in the center of time. I got a message I can only get 2? Can you level them up to a higher level? Where can you see them?

Thanks for the map! Good fun, will play again.

Level 5
I like this map!

I played it with full house (7p) on Normal and the creeping in between the waves & trying to do quests is a lot of fun. It gives you a nice break to look at and think about items while still having something to do. The items are also very well designed and fun to work towards & have during the fights.

I played the Paladin, and I felt absolutely busted (in a good way) keeping my team alive with an insane amount of AoE healing with my ult and the armor item that heals AoE, I was also very survivable myself, and the Q also deals a pretty nice amount of damage vs the small mobs. I liked how the E was every Nth attack, and not a percentile chance. Maybe there can be some kind of indicator on which Nth attack we are at, and/or maybe the hammer could glow if it's about to stun?

Some parts of the bosses did feel pretty grindy, though, and I'm rarely a fan of bosses removing progress (e.g. through healing like the spider boss). The quests were sometimes also hard to find, wandering through the forest looking for the right kind of mob to have spawned. Maybe it would've been faster to pull them so another group spawns behind.
I loved that I could just heal myself & my team through AoE attacks from the boss if my R was on. Very paladin power fantasy.

The grindy bosses could've just been bad dps, who knows. The last boss felt good!

In total retrospect I do feel like the map took us a little too long, people were getting tired near the end because the fights are pretty intense too. It took us 80 min to complete the map.

I also got a bit confused on the runes you can buy from the pedestal in the center of time. I got a message I can only get 2? Can you level them up to a higher level? Where can you see them?

Thanks for the map! Good fun, will play again.
Hello!
Thanks for your comment!
I'm glad to hear that you completed the map and enjoyed it.

The Paladin is a very good hero tank/healer. I really liked the idea of the glowing hammer. I'm going to make it.

I recognize that the map is very intense from the start. I'm thinking of rebalancing, to make it less stressful.

About the runes, you can have at most 2 runes. And if you buy the rune again, it increases its level. The maximum level of each rune is 10. The runes are shown in the courier.

Maybe with this rune level increase, you can make the intensity of the map more passable.

I sincerely appreciate your comment. It is very sincere and detailed. Thank you for helping me to improve. :peasant-grin: