• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[The Graphic Workshop]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Ehmm... No not really joker. ;)
Take a look at this sig:
SigKolaFinished-1.png

It is one of the first i made, and quality wise i could've made it alot better today.
Mainly 'cause i made it in Photoshop Elements and it was two years ago. ^^

Now, this sig still has some coolness about it.
This is because the design pretty much just works.
It has set borders consisting of a square and a circle, some neat and clear textures and colors that fit in with each other.
And that's all good 'n stuff, but if you just leave it at that it looks BAWRING.
So, an easy and usually pretty good-looking way to make a very defined sig into something that goes KAPOW is to have an image that pops out of these borders.
In this case, we have an awesome image of Kil'Jaeden that 'pops out' of the circle.

By using this technique, you get two very important qualities in your sig:
1: You have a clear and defined border.
Blurry borders can be usefull, but you gotta use them really well and you REALLY gotta know what you're doing or you'l make something that doesnt work.
2: You have something that goes KAPOW. Something that jumps right onto the face of someone that looks at the sig.
This is VERY important as a sig that you have to look at for a few seconds before you realise that is going on has kinda already lost half the battle. :(
That doesnt mean that the sig cant be blurry at all, and that all the images have to be fully recognizable from eachother and whatnot, but people gotta have a general feeling of what's going on the moment they put their eyes on the sig.

Soeh, that's really all i gotta say for now.
Reading-2.png

If you got further questions or dont understand something, speak up!
Helping others is basically what i do here. ;)

Level 12
HOw about my REqueST?

tomorrow i will make,
don'y worry.
Loading screen and Map preview
can easily be maded :) (without PScs5)
(i will PM Alone to make a HQ loading screen for you)

PLZ CHOSE ONE
company_of_heroes_tales_of_valor-1.jpg

company-of-heroes.jpg

Company-Heroes-Opposing-Fronts-1-CZP0DASX7A-1280x960.jpg

PS:Customized To wc3 style.

Level 9
Hey guys! change the "Clash of the Great Animes" name to "BOND Arena" MAP PREVIEW
Thank you! Btw i wanna request again.

Type of Request : Banner
Name : BOND Arena
Background : Anything that fits the theme.
Other details : Put some character from Dragonball , Bleach , Onepiece and Naruto. (nicely rendered and high quality) put as many as you want. make sure this character blends in with the black/red-themed background

Size will be 600 x 150 (or anything close to it)

Last edited:
Level 27
GangSpear, that is most possibly a bug originating from somewhere else.
There are some maps where the map creator has made edits so that the loading text is diffirent. A bug in the game sometimes makes this edited text be imprinted (Permanently or Temporarily) upon the game of anyone who plays these maps.
F.X. i played a map (Legion TD i think...) and it had an edited loading text.
For the rest of the day the same edited loading text showed up on all other maps too.

'not sure if this is the bug you're dealing with.
It might just be something witht he specefic map you're editing.

Level 12
Thanks,+REP,but why my loading bar there got LoL this word??i doesn't import any things of text.?
181889-albums4279-picture43724.jpg

P/S:The size so big of loading screen XD
It's size is big because it is a high quality version of making a loading screen. there are other way of making it with a 512x512.blp of the image and it will have a small file size around 300kb (best quality convertion) but there will be slight quality loss though. If your map really needs to save file sizes, tell me. I'll make it for you.

btw, importing loading screen files and minimap won't do a thing to the loading screen text. only a text file will do that. just wanna inform you. =)

P/S: Tomorrow's last day of midterm exam. Hooray!!! :xxd: :xxd: :xxd:

Level 30
Type of Request : Avatar
Name : none
Background : none
Other details : well this is just an easy info for my avatar. I want this picture to have its right eye glowing, I want it to be a gif that can also be seen in my profile (since there are gif limits here in the hive), the glow color in the picture will be used for the glowing animation.

Level 12
Type of Request : Avatar
Name : none
Background : none
Other details : well this is just an easy info for my avatar. I want this picture to have its right eye glowing, I want it to be a gif that can also be seen in my profile (since there are gif limits here in the hive), the glow color in the picture will be used for the glowing animation.
done. is this what you want?
attachment.php

Level 9
did you look on the waiting list?
98578d1298820631-daily-smiley-custom-smiley-request-thread-master-wi.gif

then you know that vtz will make it for you... pls dont post such things anymore.
no, i mean the banner. :p
Type of Request : Banner
Name : BOND Arena
Background : Anything that fits the theme.
Other details : Put some character from Dragonball , Bleach , Onepiece and Naruto. (nicely rendered and high quality) put as many as you want. make sure this character blends in with the black/red-themed background

Size will be 600 x 150 (or anything close to it)

Level 9
Status
Not open for further replies.