• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dust Settles

HD REFORGED ONLY!! - SINGLEPLAYER

Test version for the first mission of my upcoming custom campaign!

First public update to the map!
- Added Pickable Difficulty (Reduced difficulty across the board, except for Hard)
- Fixed animations of dead footmen
- Fixed fast travel system
- Added more hints (don't show on Hard)
- Added dummy units for final boss fight, depending on many units the player has lost (Easy & Normal only)
- Minor spelling fixes

Special thanks to @Tuonela and @AdinizWarcraft for providing feedback!
Mission 2 is underway! :)

Some issues ive missed that only affect the lesser difficulties
- Fixed animation bug for dying blue units
- The first reinforcement wave now joins your party as intended on Easy Difficulty
Please enjoy and give any feedback, suggestions, bug-reports in the comment thread below or contact me personally on Discord: Sapprine#2471
(I prefer Discord)

Curious about the full story?
Here are some links in no particular order:
First mission story in great detail
King Gorba's backstory
Design plans for later missions
The FULL story

Thanks everyone on Discord so much for all the amazing feedback over the last months. This map turned out way better than I could even have hoped!

(P.S. How do I import/apply loading screens in Reforged?)

213908-8e426236dc361765de36f046bf456014.png
Contents

The Dust Settles (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The loading screen is that of a melee map instead of a custom one like the image with the map here. Unmatched Fortitude and Shield of Tirnth's icons go green during game pause/F10. They have no DISBTNs. Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons...

What should the second active ability for Rhoderick Rugnar be?

• Raise Shield - (Taunts all enemies in a moderate area, temp becomes immune to physical damage)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Projects in alpha or beta stages should be posted here Map Development . You can receive feedback in order to improve the current state of your project and then actually release it here. :D

Projects in alpha or beta stages should be posted here Map Development . You can receive feedback in order to improve the current state of your project and then actually release it here. :D
Thanks for letting me know! Is there any way I can move this Thread there?

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I can move threads but unfortunately bundles from the maps section cannot be moved into map development, only in other resources sections. Let it here, is fine. But next time you want to upload a beta project, please do it in map development.

I can move threads but unfortunately bundles from the maps section cannot be moved into map development, only in other resources sections. Let it here, is fine. But next time you want to upload a beta project, please do it in map development.
Okay thanks and once I feel like this becomes its final release-worthy version, I'll just update this instead of making a new post :)

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Okay thanks and once I feel like this becomes its final release-worthy version, I'll just update this instead of making a new post :)
Yeah. No need to make additional bundles, just update the existing one. :D Good luck with your project!

Level 3
I love this! Especially, trait idea is amazing. Items are original. I cannot wait for the updates. Probably, you are aware, if I used the fast travel I couldn't return back. Also, I am not so sure but at level 3 hero's passive didn't get buffed I think.

I love this! Especially, trait idea is amazing. Items are original. I cannot wait for the updates. Probably, you are aware, if I used the fast travel I couldn't return back. Also, I am not so sure but at level 3 hero's passive didn't get buffed I think.
At long last! Thanks a lot for the feedback. Means the world to me!

Please know that I'm hard at work on the second mission at the moment, however, please list any eventual bugs you find in the first chapter.
I promise whatever you report will be fixed within a week!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I did patch this 2 days ago, pretty big update.
It should be close to what it'll be in the final release.
I'm still awaiting some feedback and planning like 1.5 more updates before it's final

Oh and if you can help me move it, please do
No need. Map bundles cannot be converted into posts in the Map Development section. @Wazzz can you review this one, please ?

Level 8
Good terraining, fresh adventure campaign map :)
I found some errors(There was no problem with the gameplay). in Gnoll Demolishers dying cutscenes, If I try to skip it immediately, my hero is teleported to the starting point and dialogues that used in other scenes are reran.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. The loading screen is that of a melee map instead of a custom one like the image with the map here.
  2. Unmatched Fortitude and Shield of Tirnth's icons go green during game pause/F10. They have no DISBTNs. Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
  3. Pressing ESC after defeating the gnolls moved the hero back near the captain or whatever stronger warrior and the discussion started again, even the battle vs gnolls.
  4. Hero/units selected during cinematic mode before the transmission starts in the one about Riverglen. Same with the next scene.
  5. No projectile is seen hitting the bridge.
  6. Friendly huge ogre near the town.
  7. I guess it was simpler to destroy the enemy siege weapon and partially rebuilt it than capture it?
  8. Boat fast travel hint is spammed.
  9. The fast travel should be a way gate for the units to know how to get in and out; currently they're trigger instantly moved which is annoyingly made.
  10. There's some crates to the left/northwest of the circle and you can't reach them because you have to go through the teleporting circle to get them.
  11. The boss is too easy even on easy.
Quite a promising start. Too bad you didn't continue it at all.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/