• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #12 - Horror/Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Okay here's probably my final:

Attachments

• TC12Final.png
    TC12Final.png
    731.4 KB · Views: 2,340

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Oh, I really like your entry (probably because it reminds me of Fragile Dreams). The crawling darkness effect at the sides is awesome. :)

I think you'd be better of without those cliché red eyes on the left, they don't make any sense to me.
And the girl just standing there is soooo boring, you should do something with her! She's the centerpiece of your terrain after all! Maybe look through her animations and see if one of them insipre you.

Level 16
@ Oziris.
U can make Some black creatures crawling up the cliffs and up the castle.. And maybe add some bats on the sky or some sort(gargoyles should be fine).. And a clear sky really isn't that suitable for a..'scary' theme.
But otherwise its a beautiful terrain, though I'm doubting it will get votes due to lack of theme-basing.. :(.
Try something. Experiment

the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
2.png

poll.png

silent+hill+butcher+shop.jpg

Horror/Nightmare
Create a terrain that gives the chilling horror feel of a nightmare or is just pure horror in itself.

Welcome to the poll for THW Terraining Contest 12 - Horror/Nightmare! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• ENTRY RULES:
1. No submission may violate any of the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/
2. All submissions must follow the current theme. If any terrain does not fit, a moderator or the host will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
3. Your submission in form of a screenshot must be posted before the deadline.
4. You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours. Also you are adviced to keep the original map until the contest is over.
5. Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
6. Judges may not participate.
7. Teamwork is not allowed.
8. Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public and not ripped or stolen
9. Unless a used resource belongs to either hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns, a link to the used resources must be provided.
10. No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however cropping is allowed).
  • VOTING RULES:
1. Each user can only vote once in the poll.
2. You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
3. You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
4. You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and lose reputation points.

prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

entries.png

judges.png
judges.png

• Azurot
  • fladdermasken

contest%20judging.png

Judging will be as follows:

Creativity
The creativity displayed in your terrain./15

Detail
The detail of the terrain. Impurities in the detail are rough edges, floating trees etc./15

Technique
How advanced are the techniques and tricks you have used, and how well have you executed them?/15

Theme
How well is the theme used in your terrain?/15
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.

Happy Voting! :thumbs_up:

Azurot is judge so I removed his entry from the list!

Last edited:
Level 7
@ -Kobas-

I used models out of hive and wc3c so if you could add my post instead on pic, then it would be good, but if judges are okay only with final pic, then let it be. I can send them my post if they want to know about the models.

My final post
(So it would be more easy for you to replace it, if needed.)

Level 12
Sorry I didn't finish my entry in time, guys. I've been really busy these past few weeks.

Last edited:
Level 13
I doubt most people would mind it being ravenO got his in also when it was just a little late.

Level 16
Level 19
Sorry if I'm too late, but I have been working on this for a long time.
I thought of all of the scariest terraining features that people can use,
and then put them all into one terrifying masterpiece.

I present to you... WHORER LAKE

101388d1304026960-terraining-contest-12-horror-nightmare-scaryterrain.jpg

It has all of the scariest features Warcraft III has to offer:
-Noise Tool!
-Blizzard Cliffs!
-Blizzard Water!
-Lordaeron Summer tileset!
-Blizzard Trees!
-Tinted Water!
-Terrible Tile Variation!
-Hideous Fog!

p.s. typo intentional on title