• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SMotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
TheImmortalOne, hi!
I like Smota, but I don't play it often, because I know nobody that like Smota where I live, and because of very very low internet speed (see signature) I cannot play on Battle.Net.
But I can download new versions of Smota and test it=)
Also I'm creating my own project now, and if I fix 1 thing and also create all neutral camps, I will post it here, at hive, and post link here.
English isn't my native language, so I cannot explain everything properly=)

Level 4
Hi LexX, thanks for joining the SMotA group! I see that you have a slow internet connection; are you using dial-up? I'm sure as new SMotA versions are released this group will be notified. Also, you can post comments on the SMotA blog about the newest versions, as well as on this social group.

Level 6
I use GPRS, because it's the only way to connect to the internet here:( There is also dial-up, but it's even worse than I use now...
Of course I will post comments=)
I had 1 suggestion about teleporters, and it's posted at the thread of SMotA, I don't know how to say another way=)

Level 2
I host smota a lot in northrend.
I play with either account TorcpU or Kalabaliikki.

Btw. check this hero/player :D
http://www.screenshots.cc/images/202_kuvakaappaus_5.png
I think something should be done about it.

And should bugs/balance issues be reported here or in the map side discussion?

Well few balance suggestion:
Royal Guard is too good. His every skill is awesome early game making him really strong. Actually royal guards every single skill is good and usefull. He just pwns us. he Had 21/0 stats when the game ended. Slow, dmg, stun? Dunno but crazy as what. I think that you gotta replace one skill or make those slows a lot worse. Compare to fire panda with aura that slows 15% and deals 5dmg/s.
My pit lord had no chance even with fire panda with me. He owned us both easy.

Fire panda could be bit better. And pit lord too I think... not sure. Well his ulti is so good that I think its fine.

And mountain giant seems bit too strong too. Many good skills making strong early game.
He had 30/2 stats when game ended. Beated us 1vs3

Btw. both that mountain giant and royal guard got the 2x barrel + cheese secret recipe item. Should it be made bit worse? It seems kinda cheap + good overall item.

Also the crossbow gnoll has same thing. Too powerfull early game!

Level 6
Oh, I have a balance suggestion:
I think Jungle Stalker is too strong...
I beated 1 enemy even with 3 strikes, when I used 1st ability, and he didn't even attack me....
Just jump at the enemy, and work is done...

Level 1
I occasionally host smota on northrend. Whisper Phooxeh if I'm on and ask for a smota game. I'll host it if I'm not planning to play something else / playing something else :p.

Level 2
Shadow Priests Dark Conversion skill doesn't work. It should have max number of allowed creeps but doesn't. Only tested at lvl 4 skill :p

Doombug

D

Doombug

Hi.
Trying to join both Clan GAOP and Clan TSMA but is only shown a sign telling me they are restricted. SMotA is the only thing I play at battlenet, been hosting every game trying to get more to play this map/mod. But I am soo tired of leavers and was hoping to meet those with mutual interest.

How do I get past this restriction...secret handshake?

Level 4
Clan gaop is a dying clan and all the active members who play SMotA are switching to Clan TSMA on USEast. Try to contact TheImmortalOne when you are online, or leave your screenname here and I'll check for you online. It is a fairly new clan so it takes awhile to get things rolling.

Level 2
Really good looking that new version!
I love that how you do big changes and don't hesitate to change things from feedback you gain! Really really nice!

Gonna download and go play it after reading the changelog till the end.

Btw you release these new versions pretty fast compared to how big the changelogs are! Thats awesome too

Level 2
Tested it and looks good.
I think jungle stalkers ulti needs nerfing.
And the jump skill maybe ;)

He pwned us totally.
I tried the new potm and it was nice. Ulti felt bit weak but maybe the low cooldown pays it back.

Level 6
Narg Problems i saw with the new map

Ghost has to much cast range with nuclear strike,Ghost also needs a attack projectile cause i had no clue he was attackign me since he just wind walks behind me and attacks

Necros summons are really powerful and hard to kill and they destroy buildings like nobody's business

Dashers Global Tp should have 5 seconds added to the cooldown for each lvl so 75-65-55-45-35.

reduces Ugsfol's ulti cooldown by 10 seconds

Level 6
just in case u already had read those i will double post.
I also noticed with Ghosts ulti u can use his wind walk like spell during the channel of nuke so u can become invis while casting the spell or if ur already invis u become u stay invis until it is casted but still...

Level 2
Hi. I'm a relatively new SMotA player. My friends and I started with 0.85 or so. I was wondering where I can find other SMotA games? Hopefully on USWEST? I tried channel Clan Gaop but it was restricted.

Also, why isn't Hydra being nerfed? We had this guy who always played him and we thought it was crazy how hard to kill he was, and he told us if we killed him, he'd lose his stat gains. Well, one game we managed to execute perhaps 10 perfect ganks on Hydra, only to find out he was gaining 4 str and 4 agi each time he died. So later on he just killed our whole team by himself.

So there's no way to prevent Hydra from carrying. I'm ok with all the other imbalances in the map. It's way more extreme than DotA and that's ok, but this one is rediculous and completely broken. We've banned Hydra from our games.

When a hero dies, it should not become stronger. When you gank someone, they should not be rewarded for being outplayed. This basic concept of AoS maps should not be ignored.

Level 1
So I noob'd and posted this in the general Hive intro thread (hey! link at the top told me to!), but I'm really curious whether there's any plans for an official site or wiki with hero and item descriptions?

Level 3
HarblMan - Hydra doesn't gain (or lose) stats when he dies. However, he did in an earlier version; your opponent probably assumed it worked like before when he talked about losing stat gains on death. Or you were playing an earlier version.

i_mOck_death - Ghost is fine in normal mode, but in -us (ultra short mode), the nuke may be a bit of a problem as it can take out a base tower in one hit when maxed. Maybe decreasing the amount of damage it deals to towers (like 50% to 30%) would solve that. Also, there's an article on the blog on invisibility which you may find useful for facing Ghost or other stealth heroes. Also, Ghost does have a projectile, but it is barely noticeable (even less so than Rifleman's bullet). Nuking while cloaked is not a "problem"; in fact, it explicitly states on the tooltip that it is a viable tactic.

The other suggestions sound great.

Level 2
Yeah we played 0.85 until you stopped forcing Short Mode. I must have missed it in the changelogs.

Now that he doesn't lose stats on death, doesn't that mean he can gain upwards of 100 Str and Agi permanently in each game? How do you prevent him from carrying if you're up against him?

Level 3
That could work, but then the skill would seem to just be terrible at level 1-2. I personally haven't seen Hydra in a game for a while (other than a time when the player ended up with 0-10 and left before 20 min), so I'll take your word for it. Thank you both.

Level 6
ya but every game ive played hydra always pwns i never actually played him myself i just checked on one player and smota is not that short of a game unless played on short mode then his ulti could suck but in a regular game he could potentially rape alot

Level 6
i tried like 90% of all the heros ad only found 6 that made a semi good screen shot lol >>
But also if you notice with both pictures of the sand advocate hes in non blinkable places one is actually in a building and the other one is in that creepy skull thing with 4 torches i think around it >>

Level 6
I was thinking of a Hero. if u think anything need changing then change it
Namo the Judgement Warriori-int hero(270 move speed,melee)
17+1.2 strength per lvl
Agi-15+1.2 per lvl
Int 20+2.5 per lvl
Judgement Strike:Blast from the Heaven to deal dmg in a 250 aoe with 10 seconds of cool down.
Lvl 1: 100 dmg, 100 mana
Lvl 2: 175 dmg, 110 mana
Lvl 3: 250 dmg, 117 mana
Lvl 4: 325 dmg, 121 mana
Lvl 5: 400 dmg, 122 mana

Judgement Blast: Strikes a single unit varying on damage with a 15 second cd and a 1 second stun
Lvl 1: 1-225 dmg, 90 mana
Lvl 2: 1-350 dmg, 100 mana
Lvl 3: 1-475 dmg, 110 mana
Lvl 4: 1-600 dmg, 120 mana
Lvl 5: 1-750 dmg, 135 mana

Divine Speed(passive): By getting stronger he learns more efficient ways to run and move faster.
Lvl 1: 10 move speed and 5% move speed
Lvl 2: 15 move speed and 10% move speed
Lvl 3: 20 move speed and 15% move speed
Lvl 4: 25 move speed and 20% move speed
Lvl 5: 30 move speed and 25% move speed

Ulti
Final Judgement(channeling): By calling to the gods, they listen, and deliver powerful strikes in random places all over the map(500 dmg per beam with 500 aoe, 150 cd)
Lvl 1: 20 beams every second for 20 seconds
Lvl 2: 25 beams every second for 25 seconds
Lvl 3: 30 beams every second for 30 seconds

Edit: posted the cd for Final Judgement.

Level 3
i think the manacost of the first 2 powers should be increased :S, and the ulti well i would like to see how it works 20 beams every sec for 20 sec, 400 beams of 500aoe random location???

Level 6
Oshi- i played this a couple of times, i commented in the hive map database and then i was suddenly invited to join the group... but this map got potential in it and it just needs more balancing.

the shink catapult is too overpowerwed, its damage need to be reduced or make so the longer it shoots the less damage it do.

oh and i must say that forum is so inactive and nothing on it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.