1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SMotA SMotA

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by LexX, Aug 21, 2008.

1. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    TheImmortalOne, hi!
    I like Smota, but I don't play it often, because I know nobody that like Smota where I live, and because of very very low internet speed (see signature) I cannot play on Battle.Net.
    But I can download new versions of Smota and test it=)
    Also I'm creating my own project now, and if I fix 1 thing and also create all neutral camps, I will post it here, at hive, and post link here.
    English isn't my native language, so I cannot explain everything properly=)

2. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi LexX, thanks for joining the SMotA group! I see that you have a slow internet connection; are you using dial-up? I'm sure as new SMotA versions are released this group will be notified. Also, you can post comments on the SMotA blog about the newest versions, as well as on this social group.

3. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello, I relised someone invited me to the group so I accepted. Though I am confused how come you invited me? Or did you invite the wrong person :p

4. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use GPRS, because it's the only way to connect to the internet here:( There is also dial-up, but it's even worse than I use now...
    Of course I will post comments=)
    I had 1 suggestion about teleporters, and it's posted at the thread of SMotA, I don't know how to say another way=)

5. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi Zack, I invited you to this group because you posted a comment on either the SMotA or GotA maps. I figured you might be interested so i invited.

6. Psychotic_Jay

Psychotic_Jay

Resources:
    Resources:
    i went here because i was forced too

7. Pszczolek

Pszczolek

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi. I played SMotA only few times online, because there is rarely group of players to play with (shame, that many great maps don't get hosted on BN...). Hope this group will allow to play it more often, I'm on Northrend gateway.

8. Akingboy

Akingboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I host smota a lot in northrend.
    I play with either account TorcpU or Kalabaliikki.

Btw. check this hero/player :D
    http://www.screenshots.cc/images/202_kuvakaappaus_5.png
    I think something should be done about it.

And should bugs/balance issues be reported here or in the map side discussion?

Well few balance suggestion:
    Royal Guard is too good. His every skill is awesome early game making him really strong. Actually royal guards every single skill is good and usefull. He just pwns us. he Had 21/0 stats when the game ended. Slow, dmg, stun? Dunno but crazy as what. I think that you gotta replace one skill or make those slows a lot worse. Compare to fire panda with aura that slows 15% and deals 5dmg/s.
    My pit lord had no chance even with fire panda with me. He owned us both easy.

Fire panda could be bit better. And pit lord too I think... not sure. Well his ulti is so good that I think its fine.

And mountain giant seems bit too strong too. Many good skills making strong early game.
    He had 30/2 stats when game ended. Beated us 1vs3

Btw. both that mountain giant and royal guard got the 2x barrel + cheese secret recipe item. Should it be made bit worse? It seems kinda cheap + good overall item.

Also the crossbow gnoll has same thing. Too powerfull early game!

9. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You may report bugs/balance in the map comments, on this group, or on the SMotA blog. All 3 places are perfectly fine.

10. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I have a balance suggestion:
    I think Jungle Stalker is too strong...
    I beated 1 enemy even with 3 strikes, when I used 1st ability, and he didn't even attack me....
    Just jump at the enemy, and work is done...

11. Drew_

Drew_

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want in on the clan!

12. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For all who were wondering what Drew_ was referring to, an official SMotA Clan has been formed on the Azeroth (USEast) battle.net server. Come to channel Clan TSMA (Team SMotA) if you are interested in joining or playing SMotA with us!

13. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    What does SMoTA stand for ? o_O

14. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hoihoihoi!!! I joined this group and I nevar played smota, i don't know what it is xD

15. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Come try it with us sometime on USEast, Clan TSMA

16. Phooxeh

Phooxeh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I occasionally host smota on northrend. Whisper Phooxeh if I'm on and ask for a smota game. I'll host it if I'm not planning to play something else / playing something else :p.

17. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    smota does not stand for anything it is a funny name made up altho there have been some interpertations an di myself looked up wat smota ment and it was "shoe makers of america" another one include Silly monkeys overtake azeroth"

18. Akingboy

Akingboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shadow Priests Dark Conversion skill doesn't work. It should have max number of allowed creeps but doesn't. Only tested at lvl 4 skill :p

19. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. Akingboy

Akingboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    LexX: Sure! The selected map does not exist