1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SMotA SMotA

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by LexX, Aug 21, 2008.

1. LexX

LexX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, it was rejected by moderators, when I translate everything and make a map ready to play, then I'll post it.
    Sorry again.

2. Hi.
    Trying to join both Clan GAOP and Clan TSMA but is only shown a sign telling me they are restricted. SMotA is the only thing I play at battlenet, been hosting every game trying to get more to play this map/mod. But I am soo tired of leavers and was hoping to meet those with mutual interest.

How do I get past this restriction...secret handshake?

3. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Clan gaop is a dying clan and all the active members who play SMotA are switching to Clan TSMA on USEast. Try to contact TheImmortalOne when you are online, or leave your screenname here and I'll check for you online. It is a fairly new clan so it takes awhile to get things rolling.

4. That i will then. I´m Doombug in BN too. Thx in advance

5. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You joined TSMA :)

6. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Announcement: New SMotA version out today: SMotA Beta v0.93! Go download the map and check the blog using the links in this social group's description.

7. Akingboy

Akingboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really good looking that new version!
    I love that how you do big changes and don't hesitate to change things from feedback you gain! Really really nice!

Gonna download and go play it after reading the changelog till the end.

Btw you release these new versions pretty fast compared to how big the changelogs are! Thats awesome too

8. Akingboy

Akingboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tested it and looks good.
    I think jungle stalkers ulti needs nerfing.
    And the jump skill maybe ;)

He pwned us totally.
    I tried the new potm and it was nice. Ulti felt bit weak but maybe the low cooldown pays it back.

9. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    Narg Problems i saw with the new map

Ghost has to much cast range with nuclear strike,Ghost also needs a attack projectile cause i had no clue he was attackign me since he just wind walks behind me and attacks

Necros summons are really powerful and hard to kill and they destroy buildings like nobody's business

Dashers Global Tp should have 5 seconds added to the cooldown for each lvl so 75-65-55-45-35.

reduces Ugsfol's ulti cooldown by 10 seconds

10. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    just in case u already had read those i will double post.
    I also noticed with Ghosts ulti u can use his wind walk like spell during the channel of nuke so u can become invis while casting the spell or if ur already invis u become u stay invis until it is casted but still...

11. HarblMan

HarblMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi. I'm a relatively new SMotA player. My friends and I started with 0.85 or so. I was wondering where I can find other SMotA games? Hopefully on USWEST? I tried channel Clan Gaop but it was restricted.

Also, why isn't Hydra being nerfed? We had this guy who always played him and we thought it was crazy how hard to kill he was, and he told us if we killed him, he'd lose his stat gains. Well, one game we managed to execute perhaps 10 perfect ganks on Hydra, only to find out he was gaining 4 str and 4 agi each time he died. So later on he just killed our whole team by himself.

So there's no way to prevent Hydra from carrying. I'm ok with all the other imbalances in the map. It's way more extreme than DotA and that's ok, but this one is rediculous and completely broken. We've banned Hydra from our games.

When a hero dies, it should not become stronger. When you gank someone, they should not be rewarded for being outplayed. This basic concept of AoS maps should not be ignored.

12. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    Harbl smota has been making itself more active but sadly clan gaop is kindve dying(so i think) and they have been moving activities more toward the east at clan tsma if u need to join ask theimmortalone

13. tejon

tejon

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I noob'd and posted this in the general Hive intro thread (hey! link at the top told me to!), but I'm really curious whether there's any plans for an official site or wiki with hero and item descriptions?

14. nargaque

nargaque

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    HarblMan - Hydra doesn't gain (or lose) stats when he dies. However, he did in an earlier version; your opponent probably assumed it worked like before when he talked about losing stat gains on death. Or you were playing an earlier version.

i_mOck_death - Ghost is fine in normal mode, but in -us (ultra short mode), the nuke may be a bit of a problem as it can take out a base tower in one hit when maxed. Maybe decreasing the amount of damage it deals to towers (like 50% to 30%) would solve that. Also, there's an article on the blog on invisibility which you may find useful for facing Ghost or other stealth heroes. Also, Ghost does have a projectile, but it is barely noticeable (even less so than Rifleman's bullet). Nuking while cloaked is not a "problem"; in fact, it explicitly states on the tooltip that it is a viable tactic.

The other suggestions sound great.

15. HarblMan

HarblMan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah we played 0.85 until you stopped forcing Short Mode. I must have missed it in the changelogs.

Now that he doesn't lose stats on death, doesn't that mean he can gain upwards of 100 Str and Agi permanently in each game? How do you prevent him from carrying if you're up against him?

16. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    increase hydras ulti to 4 minutes not 2 minutes.

17. nargaque

nargaque

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That could work, but then the skill would seem to just be terrible at level 1-2. I personally haven't seen Hydra in a game for a while (other than a time when the player ended up with 0-10 and left before 20 min), so I'll take your word for it. Thank you both.

18. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    ya but every game ive played hydra always pwns i never actually played him myself i just checked on one player and smota is not that short of a game unless played on short mode then his ulti could suck but in a regular game he could potentially rape alot

19. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are some pictures i made while i had no internet and got very bored during hurricane Ike.

20. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice pictures :) We need some around here.