• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SMotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Technically it does lessen creeping importance, but the gameplay still works quite well.

What recipe problems?

Btw the combination system you showed me a while ago was incompatible with item scrolls, i.e. combining when any of the pieces finishes the combo, not just if the "upgrade" recipe is bought.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I've decided to create a AoS map from scratch, with all of my own systems...

In smota it's over 100 heroes....(to much for me) I'm going to start only with 12 heroes with the beta...

_____

btw when was this map started? And was this map made from scratch

Level 6
Ya ya I know, I meant the performance issues.
What I wanted to say is that actually Sorting + BSearching is still far slower than my hashtable, + It is harder to use. Are there autocombines in your map, btw?
Elsewise I'ld just use the recipe items as baseitems, and whenever you acquire an item loop through the inventory checking wether one of the items is a base item, and then check for the according recipe.
Shouldn't be hard to do, but I'm currently out of time so... well. It'll be your job to code it :/
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=792976
- - - > The hashtable, just use the ItemAttacher Extension ( requires the hashtable )

EDIT: Btw, narg, what do you think about Bs Arc?

awes0me

A

awes0me

im on us east and this map is never hosted if u can host and u host often whisper/add me please im always up for a smota

Level 2
Hey I got suggestions!

Could you make it so that the minibases can't be captured? This would be big change but I think worth it. Atm. they are bit too easy to destroy and end game will just be annoying backdooring.
You could make them have like 4x more hp than what they have now and after destroying then its lost and no creep bonuses.

And make observatories less imba :) I think that maybe something like when you control it you can use "Dust of Appereance" (Change name :)) in it which actually reveals the area it now does. Or just give it Reveal spell with large radius that can be used from it. Maybe for 10-15 seconds reveal? And 1.5min cooldown. Since its bit too revealing the way it is now.

And one balance thing: Why can crypt lurker keep my stun over 8 seconds?

And complete rework on items to more like in dota would be nice but too much job I know. And this current system is good because you choose items you want for your playstyle. Downside is that most people just always get the same combo for every hero they play. :( Possibilities with current item system are quite small.
Btw. I love goblin merchant shop items :) Its fun to buy cheap good items. But I don't like that there are too few options later game.

And one more thing: LATEGAME IS STILL AWFULLY BORING!
I love this maps early game. Its wonderfull. New skills, items. Late game its just getting most and best items and hoping you are better than the enemy.
Its really boring. Others in my games said that too. I have many times left just because the match never ends. Making minibases once destroyable would help this a bit.

I'd like to see a command like -endgame ;D
It would give all players defeat and say "Host decided to stop this game now because of too much boresomeness"

EDIT: MY ITEM SUGGESTIONS.
Keep goblin merchant. Acesories shop (mountain king) could stay I think.
Remove both armorys. Well maybe keep keg ale and the two items next to it.
Remove secret shop (and the items ofc :D)
New shop looks promising. But the flag items could be removed.
And maybe the system of upgrading boots of speed and gloves of haste isn't very good idea. Something similar to dota could be nice. Like one boots only and few upgrades of it depending what you want.
Orbs are too expensive. Rarely anyone bothers to buy them. Make blank orb 400 cheaper and they maybe could stay :)

Well thats how I would make it.

More stuff: Helicopters in the air skill could be better. Its kinda useless. Maybe add something like faster bombing in the autocast skill while in the air or something cool? :p Or did it already increase movement speed? :/

And teleporter. Could something be done about it since so many times its used for ganking? Maybe something like 6 seconds unmoveable after teleporting so that you can't run after the enemy right away? Or 30% slow or something? Could be really nice.

Level 3
Nice list!

To make the late game more interesting, I could increase the creep upgrading rate and have the towers in general not upgrade as much, so that it will be easier than it is to raze the enemy base without being turned around by the base towers.

For Observatories, perhaps they could start out with only 2000 sight radius or so, and their vision could increase with purchased or automatic upgrades. I think the vision should remain passive though; maybe an activated skill can be used to reveal invisible units in their sight past the 1000 truesight.

Crypt Lurker can stun for 2.2 seconds and follow up with a semi-stun for 4 seconds with a channeling ult, but it is fairly easy to run out of the ult provided that you are not stunned or severely slowed by something else. The "over 8 seconds" is obviously an exaggeration.

I may rework the current item system if it proves to be a problem. Right now the difficulty is not with the items themselves, but with the later gameplay, especially if games drag on.

Helicopter's Lift-Off increases your speed as well as removing your minimap dot, thus making it possible to teleport near a target by using the ult and have the enemy not notice until you actually start attacking it, since your opponent will not see you on the minimap. The movement speed itself is quite useful as well.

Thanks again for your opinion!

Level 2
Well np I hope that helped :)

I like the map a lot but currently biggest flaws I think are items and towers. Not sure what could be done about towers though. In addition to that post earlier.

And one thing: Maybe bit too many recipes require mithril spear? :D

and have the towers in general not upgrade as much, so that it will be easier than it is to raze the enemy base without being turned around by the base towers.
Sounds good. Since atm. those base towers are really powerfull and really a big threat.
Oh and what about making those mini base towers increase health by the game? Late game they are too easy to destroy :S

Could the observatories healths be increased? Maybe when the game gets longer they get more hp. Its annoying when someone goes 3 hit the observatorie and you would have to go recap it :p

Tried the new prophet hero. Really nice hero. The AoE skill was fun and the heal. Deja Vu was fun skill but maybe bit too powerfull :p Someone was escaping and I just deja vu him :) Felt bit bad that I owned everyone so easy. But I think bigger problem was that I had pretty high dmg from the beginning. It could be nerfed a bit and maybe on all ranged heroes. I killed one hero just by attacking it enough on lane :D

And if anything could be done about that new players always buy their inventories full of recipes it would be appreciated if it would be done then :D
Since happens a lot in my games :p And gotta explain them that "get the required items blaablaa.." :)
Could you add to the loading screen "New players read this!: READ the item tooltips! Most of them are just recipies and you need the required items to use them! Buy those first. Thanks & gl & hf from TorcpU!" :D (torcpu my account @ europe)

EDIT: I think that the map feels too open. And units and towers feel so small and fast. Bit bigger unit scalings would be nice.

Level 2
Hey.

I was an old gaop member but now run my own clan: LoM (Legion of Map Makers, www.lomm.co.nr)

I fully support narg and SMotA and have smota.tk in my MOTD always. I am a dedicated SMotA host and have been playing it since narg had first began it! If you want to play /w A.o.C on US West.

Level 2
I've updated the bot to give a link to this group, among other things. The command is .site.

Level 1
Hey im fearlessORC, but A.o.C why don't you go on us east so you can play with all the other people. I live in US west and I go on US east because its more fun and I think you should go there too :)

heLLcerebrus

H

heLLcerebrus

hi im heLLcerebrus and i like your map its nice. i dont play b.net but if you have garena pls tell me so we can play the map

Level 7
I host this but (1) it's hard to fill up completely and (2) there are always leavers.

I don't know why but maybe I'll ponder this and see what maybe you(the maker) or anyone else thinks.

1. Do people get pwned too quickly?
2. Is the item system overwhelming for new players- does it quickly develop a gap between new players and people who've played a few times before?

Status
Not open for further replies.