• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Crappy Terrain.
Extremely arrogant and unfriendly players.

We've had this discussion before.

And the fact that the majority of games played on battle.net are DotA.

DotA ruins some maps, because they don't get played.
There are hundreds of great maps that die because of the lack of players, because of DotA.

Also, DotA 'pros' are unwilling to allow 'noobs' play, even if they are good.
If you are on a banlist, you will never get to play.
Even if you host it.

Level 4
Crappy Terrain.
Extremely arrogant and unfriendly players.

We've had this discussion before.

Crappy terrain ? I think the terrain is best for the game play. It is light so it doesn't cause lags and also for a Defence of the Ancients map the terrain is perfect. Why don't you complain about TD maps ? Because DotA is the most popular map EVER. Also, the map creator or the map is not responsible for player attitude. Sorry better points...

And the fact that the majority of games played on battle.net are DotA.

DotA ruins some maps, because they don't get played.
There are hundreds of great maps that die because of the lack of players, because of DotA.

Also, DotA 'pros' are unwilling to allow 'noobs' play, even if they are good.
If you are on a banlist, you will never get to play.
Even if you host it.

Well my friend, people who play rpg dont suddenly stop because they play dota. I learned to play on battle.net from DOTA and then I learn RPGs and i also play both equally. And the second thing about pros who don't let noobs play thats a lie. I play DotA 5 years and I tell you each game has pros and noobs inside. Few players are pros, many are noobs, so noobs are the majority of players...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
I totaly agree with br_shadow. You can not hate rpg maps because of dota. Do not blame dota if your day goes wrong! If your rpg is good it will be played.Do not be jealous because icefrog is a skilled programer.

Well my friend, people who play rpg dont suddenly stop because they play dota. I learned to play on battle.net from DOTA and then I learn RPGs and i also play both equally. And the second thing about pros who don't let noobs play thats a lie. I play DotA 5 years and I tell you each game has pros and noobs inside. Few players are pros, many are noobs, so noobs are the majority of players...

The majority of players use banlists.
The majority of players add other players who are 'pro' to their banlists.

Do you know how many banlists I'm on, because my little brother starting puking? Or I had to go, because something bad happened?
The whole damn game is pathetic.
I know kids who spend 80% of their time playing DotA, and the other 20 on the forums.

Level 4
The majority of players use banlists.
The majority of players add other players who are 'pro' to their banlists.

Do you know how many banlists I'm on, because my little brother starting puking? Or I had to go, because something bad happened?
The whole damn game is pathetic.
I know kids who spend 80% of their time playing DotA, and the other 20 on the forums.

Well you get banlisted if you LEAVE a game. Then of course you deserve it because you ruin gameplay. Of course dota has it's own rules about banning users. Also, you are on most of banlists ? Then what do you care since you don't play Dota and you don't join Dota games so you don't get kicked. People who host rpg dont use banlists ! And last, these kids might NEVER know what Warcraft III is if Dota didn't exist. As i told before I made a Battle.net account and started join other games because of DotA !

Level 4
Because the whole thing has grown out of proportion, and the community is filled with idiots.

Well of course it growed out of proportion because both idiots and good gamers realise what a great map it is.

Everyone around here knows why people hate DotA and the discussion has been around for ages so why make a new thread about it? -_-

Sorry I wasn't here for ages and I discovered this hatred just now so I'm curious..

Level 18
The terrain is awful, there is a new version released every 5 seconds, banlists suck, SEVERAL of the Heroes are imbalanced, the abilities are often times ripoffs from better maps.

That is not to say there aren't good things about it too. It's not a terrible map (or else it wouldn't be so popular), it's just definitely not the best that is out on b.net.

Level 4
The terrain is awful, there is a new version released every 5 seconds, banlists suck, SEVERAL of the Heroes are imbalanced, the abilities are often times ripoffs from better maps.

That is not to say there aren't good things about it too. It's not a terrible map (or else it wouldn't be so popular), it's just definitely not the best that is out on b.net.

Well I respect your answer because you state why u don't like it and also you admit that it's not a bad map even if u don't like it. But my friend how can the terrain be good ? The map needs light terrain because lag is a great enemy of the player as many action are needed to be done under one second most of the times and also it's not an RPG that needs the have breathtaking terrain to be a good one, people don't play dota for the terrain but for the competition.

New versions come out because of the:

1. New skills and heroes

2. Balances

3. Bug and exploit fixes

So new versions are a positive thing because they ensure a better game play.

As for they heroes, they can't be all balanced, or else they would be all with the same attribute and stats.. By meaning balanced I mean that every hero has it's own attribute, skills and way of playing but heroes in Dota get "imba" because of good handling and play of the hero, not of its own. Heroes are needed to be played well to get good or else they will be weak and it goes for all heroes. So in that way they are balanced.

And imagine if you had to create more than 4 spells for 95 heroes... you might have to borrow ideas from other spell makers to make them..

Level 37
People need something common. Before it was ladder, but it isn't updated updated often enough anymore. Now people have dota. It's updated often which makes it interesting and unique.

However, some people like me have never liked that style of game where you just fuck between the base and the next tower.

Level 4
People need something common. Before it was ladder, but it isn't updated updated often enough anymore. Now people have dota. It's updated often which makes it interesting and unique.

However, some people like me have never liked that style of game where you just fuck between the base and the next tower.

Thank you my friend. You are one of the few that you admit that you don't like the map because you simply don't like to play team vs team maps, not because the map sucks and has terrible terrain or stolen spells.

Level 36
I'll rate dota for you.

Terrain - 1.5/5
Concepts - 3/5
Balance - 4.5/5 (the one flaw is easy mode, it's so broken it's not even funny)

I honestly don't care about stolen spells or stolen anything. I'll play a game with no credits given to the resources' authors and I won't give a damn. Me saying this is completely off the record, by the way. I just find that people are too uptight about game modding, they always want the fame and credit, and to me that comes off as slightly immature, and very naive to think that they will get that on the internet.

Level 12
Wow if you rate DotA's terrain so low, then I wonder what you think of Starcraft 2...

DotA balance is about 4.5/5 I agree with that.
Concepts are getting better. Storm Spirit is amazing new hero and the new Dirge is great too. Still lots of old heroes that need remaking. Overrall I would have to say DotA is the most polished, most balanced, and most accessible map. It has tons of variety which gives it infinite replay value and I guess some people hate how it has new versions constantly, but I like that. Downloading the map isn't that bad since it has it's own site FFS.

The only real problem with DotA is those who play it. I'll admit that I'm one of those @$$holes who don't tolerate noobs, but I try to not play around noobs (although my friends aren't really great so I have to usually play pubs with them).

I still don't see what's so bad about the terrain @_@

Level 12
If you look at the map, Void's rating are to an extent, very good. The terrain looks bland, its pretty much 2-3 diffrent tiles, and the only tree variasions I've seen is the blighted ones.

The players are diffrent though. Most are all stuck up, over reactive A**holes that pretty much have a ban button on the keyboard in place of something else. I tried Dota, once or twice. The first game was a noob only game, so the people were nicer, but then I joined a normal game, got flamed like no tomorrow, banned several times, and then told I would be killed for leaving the base. I left and got flamed wispered for the next 2-3 hours. I havn't played a game of Dota to date since.

I did like how the heros worked though, they all had a description that made sense and abilitys that matched. They do have balance problems, but some items can balance it out, and its a game that is focused more on gameplay then alot of games that focus on items and who as more gold.

Its good, but the community needs a huge wake-up call.

And heres what a Dota players keyboard looks like too
978.jpg

Level 4
Dreadnought[dA];1097107 said:
Wow if you rate DotA's terrain so low, then I wonder what you think of Starcraft 2...

DotA balance is about 4.5/5 I agree with that.
Concepts are getting better. Storm Spirit is amazing new hero and the new Dirge is great too. Still lots of old heroes that need remaking. Overrall I would have to say DotA is the most polished, most balanced, and most accessible map. It has tons of variety which gives it infinite replay value and I guess some people hate how it has new versions constantly, but I like that. Downloading the map isn't that bad since it has it's own site FFS.

The only real problem with DotA is those who play it. I'll admit that I'm one of those @$$holes who don't tolerate noobs, but I try to not play around noobs (although my friends aren't really great so I have to usually play pubs with them).

I still don't see what's so bad about the terrain @_@

Good point there man. But if you want to play a decent game then go to a channel and find a team ( I don't know if other countries have it, but in Greece we have some channels in Northend where we go and search for Dota teams and its really cool and easy with no leavers).

It's boring, that's all. The best terrain I've ever seen on a bnet map I would give maybe a 3/5. Never seen a 5/5 in anything, and I don't expect to.

Those pictures you have in your profile are Warcraft 3 textures? If they are then they are amazing .

I tried Dota, once or twice. The first game was a noob only game, so the people were nicer, but then I joined a normal game, got flamed like no tomorrow, banned several times, and then told I would be killed for leaving the base. I left and got flamed wispered for the next 2-3 hours. I havn't played a game of Dota to date since.

LOL AHAHHAHAHA. Well If you did MEGA noob things and u ruined everybody's game there sure will be some flaming. But judging the map off from its players its a wrong concept

If you look at the map, Void's rating are to an extent, very good. The terrain looks bland, its pretty much 2-3 diffrent tiles, and the only tree variasions I've seen is the blighted ones.

OMG i think i discussed and cleared out this terrain thing over 5 times in this thread........

I'll rate dota for you.

Terrain - 1.5/5
Concepts - 3/5
Balance - 4.5/5 (the one flaw is easy mode, it's so broken it's not even funny)

I honestly don't care about stolen spells or stolen anything. I'll play a game with no credits given to the resources' authors and I won't give a damn. Me saying this is completely off the record, by the way. I just find that people are too uptight about game modding, they always want the fame and credit, and to me that comes off as slightly immature, and very naive to think that they will get that on the internet.

I will agree with that rating.
The terrain is terrible... If people can play a map with good terrain, they need a new computer.
While I don't play the game, I do respect those who do, so I'll leave it with that.

Level 40
In no particular order (except the first four are the four from your post).

1. The systems are pretty boring actually.

2. Balance? Hmm? Like the fact that you have to memorize specific combinations to even stand a chance, since heroes have only one or two item paths that work, and no one uses a ton of the heroes because they suck?

3. Multiplayer? You mean the lack thereof? The players are asses and tend to be quite bad.

4. The game's boring. This one comes down to taste, though.

5. Most of BNet would leave? Bye, then. We don't need the dotards.

6. If they really cared about lag they'd learn to code and fix the abomination of a map script. Improving the terrain a bit wouldn't lag. Making the argument about it interfering with gameplay or just not being important would be far better.

7. Imagine if I had to create 4*95 spells... Oh wait, I'm not retarded enough to create 95 heroes! Shame. Also, there's a difference between "borrowing" and stealing.

8. Void, I think that it's healthy to respect peoples' work because, like it or not, humans are an arrogant species and want credit for what they've done. Total removal of such would unquestionably lose the support of a lot of great modders.

9. "Mega noob thing": How did you learn to play?

10. Void's terrain: Yes, it's in warcraft.

My rating:

Coding: 1/5

Terrain: 3/5

Concepts: 2/5

Balance: 3.5/5

Community: 0/5

Fun: 5/5 (Not for me, but for a lot of people)

Game design: 4/5

Level 4
PurplePoot what can I say... I can see from miles away that you hate dota so much its like IceFrog killed your family.. Yes its one person who makes dota, Icefrog brought a revolution in battle.net and in Warcraft. As for the coding I'm straight that Dota is the best map ever from the coding and systems view. The game is not boring in fact the combinations of the game are limitless, that's people can't stop play dota. Moreover you wouldn't make 95 heroes ? Wait are we talking for an RPG or a Team defence ? That's why dota is as I said hugelly varied because of it's heroes.

And let's put an end to the players conversation we are talking about the map not the players. Anyone can join a game and start flaming weather it's dota or the best rpg ever.
"dotards" and "flamers" exist in dota because of it's large gamer population. You cant have 15+ million people all gently pros. There will be noobs and flamers in their majority.

One more thing. I Agree the terrain is simple, (despite the fact that you can change the colour of water, weather etc..) I told you over and over again why, but there are a lot unique tools make just for dota and one of them is Dota Theme Manager

30680898ys7.jpg

Level 40
PurplePoot what can I say... I can see from miles away that you hate dota so much its like IceFrog killed your family..
Whee, ad hominem attacks.

Yes its one person who makes dota, Icefrog brought a revolution in battle.net and in Warcraft.
What? Eul started it and Guinsoo peaked its popularity.

As for the coding I'm straight that Dota is the best map ever from the coding and systems view.
That's because you have no idea what you're talking about, nor any qualifications to give an opinion on the matter.

The game is not boring in fact the combinations of the game are limitless, that's people can't stop play dota.
Ever heard of taste? Note my 5/5 fun rating due to the fact that the majority of people do seem to like it.

Moreover you wouldn't make 95 heroes ? Wait are we talking for an RPG or a Team defence ? That's why dota is as I said hugelly varied because of it's heroes.
In anything. It's impossible to balance, and DotA proves this.

And let's put an end to the players conversation we are talking about the map not the players. Anyone can join a game and start flaming weather it's dota or the best rpg ever.
"dotards" and "flamers" exist in dota because of it's large gamer population. You cant have 15+ million people all gently pros. There will be noobs and flamers in their majority.
Let's face it, having the majority of them be so is a turnoff.

One more thing. I Agree the terrain is simple, (despite the fact that you can change the colour of water, weather etc..)
And I would argue that simplicity is underrated.

Level 18
PurplePoot you are amazing and are saying everything that I feel about DoTA.

Why the hell would you ever create 95 heroes? The map will never be able to be balanced.

Br_shadow you do not know what you're talking about when you say in order to balance it all the heroes have to have the same attributes. That is complete nonsense. To balance it you balance attack rates/spell cooldowns/spell types/spell damage/etc. Balance does not equal the exact same damage and attributes and what not.

Furthermore, good terrain would NOT lag the map. Where are you even basing that assertion off of? Terrain in WC3 (unless it's full of high poly, high res ridiculous models) will not make a difference whatsoever in increasing lag.

AND ICEFROG STARTED THE B.NET REVOLUTION? Wow. He really is trying to steal all the credit he can. Icefrog took the map and modded it. He did not create it.

It frustrates me how you think you are making a decent argument here.

Level 31
Have to agree with Void, the terrain definitely isn't at the best. It even use the standard blizzard cliff, which make the entire hill look like a canyon rather than a good hill.

DotA replayability isn't that high either, it was always the same mission objective. Attack and destroy enemy main tower, nothing else. At other AOS, it have variety of game mode that increase the replayability.

The players are diffrent though. Most are all stuck up, over reactive A**holes that pretty much have a ban button on the keyboard in place of something else. I tried Dota, once or twice. The first game was a noob only game, so the people were nicer, but then I joined a normal game, got flamed like no tomorrow, banned several times, and then told I would be killed for leaving the base. I left and got flamed wispered for the next 2-3 hours. I havn't played a game of Dota to date since.

Yes, it's true. The community of DotA player was way too serious in this game and lack of sportsmanship which eventually discourage new user from playing it.

At my place, there is a incident where a guy was beaten up and end up at hospital because his dota skill was weak and cause the team to lose. (I am not joking)

LOL AHAHHAHAHA. Well If you did MEGA noob things and u ruined everybody's game there sure will be some flaming. But judging the map off from its players its a wrong concept

Sure, but a flamming that continues via whispering? That's a bit over the line. In other genre and aos map, even if you play badly. They would encourage you or teach you how to play properly without flamming/trolling.

Honestly enough, who want to play a game that full of cursing and flamming? We play game to relaks, not to add more tense which some DotA player failed to learn and resulted into user hatred turn into the map.

As for the coding I'm straight that Dota is the best map ever from the coding and systems view.

Have you seen the code?

That's why dota is as I said hugelly varied because of it's heroes.

Replayability would not increase even if there is 5,000 heroes and 10,000 items.

Furthermore, good terrain would NOT lag the map. Where are you even basing that assertion off of? Terrain in WC3 (unless it's full of high poly, high res ridiculous models) will not make a difference whatsoever in increasing lag.

Agree, even if a very small amount of destructible/doodad. A good editing would make a awesome terrain.

Br_shadow you do not know what you're talking about when you say in order to balance it all the heroes have to have the same attributes. That is complete nonsense. To balance it you balance attack rates/spell cooldowns/spell types/spell damage/etc. Balance does not equal the exact same damage and attributes and what not.

Exactly

Level 15
The systems are pretty boring actually.
I'm not exactly sure what this means so I'm not going to reply to it. Maybe someone could clear up what "systems" are used in DotA...?

Balance? Hmm? Like the fact that you have to memorize specific combinations to even stand a chance, since heroes have only one or two item paths that work, and no one uses a ton of the heroes because they suck?
Actually quite a few item paths work for any hero. People are just idiots and think that there's a specific item for each hero (like massing Bfury on a strength hero). Also, no hero sucks. They all serve their own purposes. I'd be hard pressed to name a hero that sucks in DotA.

Multiplayer? You mean the lack thereof? The players are asses and tend to be quite bad.
Dang, judge every player based on a few bad experiences. I myself don't noticed these "asses" when I play. Then again, I don't suck.

The game's boring. This one comes down to taste, though.
Fair enough.

Most of BNet would leave? Bye, then. We don't need the dotards.
The guy who said this is partially right and wrong...I wouldn't leave BNet if DotA died or was killed for some odd reason...You're also wrong for saying you don't need the Dotards considering the good players all play Ladder (that's why they can micro half-well).

If they really cared about lag they'd learn to code and fix the abomination of a map script. Improving the terrain a bit wouldn't lag. Making the argument about it interfering with gameplay or just not being important would be far better.
The map script is an abomination, I'll give you that. But I don't see the terrain as a cause of lag, it's quite simple and plain. I don't see why people complain about lag...first of all I don't lag at all and second of all at most it's like 45 seconds of wait, then you just drop them.

Imagine if I had to create 4*95 spells... Oh wait, I'm not retarded enough to create 95 heroes! Shame. Also, there's a difference between "borrowing" and stealing.
zomg he stole something. Spilled milk. It's the fucking internet. Those people should go get a life. They're not even internet celebrities (because internet celebrities actually show their faces).

Void, I think that it's healthy to respect peoples' work because, like it or not, humans are an arrogant species and want credit for what they've done. Total removal of such would unquestionably lose the support of a lot of great modders.
Why don't they just quit then?

"Mega noob thing": How did you learn to play?
I joined games and asked them what to do.

While the majority of us agree that the terrain sucks, there are a few things to remember about DotA:

1. It isn't that bad of a map... Its just that some people (like me) really don't like it.
2. The triggers are extremely simple for anyone who knows what they are doing... Even the trigger noobs can do it.
3. The DotA community is extremely rude, and tends to flame. A lot.
4. The majority of DotA players banlist anyone for the complete wrong reasons.
5. IceFrog didn't make DotA. He stole it. (Truth)

So, for the sake of our sanity, close the damn topic.

Level 40
I'm not exactly sure what this means so I'm not going to reply to it. Maybe someone could clear up what "systems" are used in DotA...?
By that I assumed they meant modes, gameplay styles, etc.

Actually quite a few item paths work for any hero. People are just idiots and think that there's a specific item for each hero (like massing Bfury on a strength hero).
The majority of items are laughable to get for any specific hero. While I am not acquainted with all of the modern builds, I used to play back in 5.84c and 6.0X days and thus am acquainted with a fair number of the heroes. I can't remember the specific combinations (etc) now, but I obviously have a feel for how the game plays.

I've also browsed DotA forum discussions between the more experienced players from time to time. I don't consider it valid to give an argument without doing your research.

Also, no hero sucks. They all serve their own purposes. I'd be hard pressed to name a hero that sucks in DotA.
Well, seeing as the quite experienced players over at the DotA forums like to hold "worst hero" polls and agree that there is a definite order, I think that it's fair to say I'm not alone.

Also, it's easy to asses that there are a few buffs which tend to define DotA gameplay after shortly in, as items tend to dominate stats.

The guy who said this is partially right and wrong...I wouldn't leave BNet if DotA died or was killed for some odd reason...You're also wrong for saying you don't need the Dotards considering the good players all play Ladder (that's why they can micro half-well).
I don't play nor care about ladder either. If I wanted that, I'd go to StarCraft. Ladder and DotA players tend to be too busy in ladder and DotA to move on to smaller target markets.

The map script is an abomination, I'll give you that. But I don't see the terrain as a cause of lag, it's quite simple and plain. I don't see why people complain about lag...first of all I don't lag at all and second of all at most it's like 45 seconds of wait, then you just drop them.
My entire point is that the terrain is not laggy nor would it be...

zomg he stole something. Spilled milk. It's the fucking internet. Those people should go get a life. They're not even internet celebrities (because internet celebrities actually show their faces).
A disgusting argument as far as I see it. Intellectual property is intellectual property and stealing is stealing. It doesn't matter whether someone will punish you for it or whether the majority of people will care.

Morality, last time I checked, is not defined by what we can get away with.

Why don't they just quit then?
Because the majority of people do have the respect to acknowledge peoples' work.

I joined games and asked them what to do.
And a ton of them are assholes about it.

I don't know, but I think that the community is the greatest problem. I've met maybe 5 people that play it quite a lot and weren't complete assholes, but had quite an ego around them. Then, there's the complete fucktards. Such as, the majority of the "1337 zomg playars!!!!!11" who just play it all the time, think they have a life. Yes. Every time that I've kicked one out of my channel or some shit like that, they go and flame me with shitty arguments like "OMFG GET A LIFE NERD GET A GF" when I'm pretty fucking sure they have neither, judging by their name, attitude, general intelligence and profile. Every single one that's flamed me has told me to get a life and get laid and some BULLSHIT like that, and of course some of them told me how many bitches they fuck every day and how cool they are and how they are absolutely living gods on earth. They probably are billionaires too. So yes, the community of a map DOES matter, a LOT.
Just my thoughts.

Level 10
Both sides are wrong. Whether the map is fun or not lies in the eye of the beholder, but as it seems, the majority of people seem to think it is fun.

That the DotA community is about as friendly as the Ku Klux Klan to a black guy is true, so is the fact, that the only way to actually play the game as newcomer is either with AI or in 'noobs only' games. However, this has nothing to do with the quality of the map.

Even though some people say that the terrain, balance etc is shit, it still isn't bad enough to give any reason to hate the map. And yes, while balance may not be too awesome, most people actually prefer an unbalanced game.

Level 2
Dota is hated for many of the people who play it. The hosts are pricks and the players are confused. The terrain on the newer ones is fairly good.

The reason people hate Dota is that they don't want to watch a units attack animation and spell animation over and over. The fact it is liked is because it exists so, if it was invisible like the rest of the games it wouldn't be liked at all. It's because it is the first thing you see visible on the custom game list that people play it. Who knows, if I didnt play Warcraft 3 without the expansion first up I may have gotten hooked on it myself. Before lots of skins and flashy effects maps HAD to be good but now not really, take LOAPs for instance, the majority of them are just the first one with a godly hero with a cool looking skin. But I am straying from the dota thing.

The first time I played DotA was without the expansion. Then when I got TFF I found it to be practically the same thing as the other one, except a better looking map and more heros... as well as horrible hosts and insulting players. So I took a negative look at the game. Its a sad fact that battlenet is 90% asshole.

Level 16
I think alot of people like it because it is one of the most balanced maps on Battle.net and regularly updated (Given though, -em is imbalanced). There are only a few heroes that are semi-crap, the rest is just fine. And with over 90 heroes that have their own playstyle and different itembuilds makes the replay-value very high.

DotA has a huge community and yeah, a large portion of them are asses. I sometimes flame myself, because there are beginners joining an 'expert only' or league games. Seriously I dont mind bad players, but please stick to 'noob only' games or the AI map to get better. DotA is balanced for an equal amount of players on each team. Having a beginner on your team disrupts that balance, because most likely he's going to feed the other team, giving them an unfair advantage. So yes you will get flamed for that.
But on the other hand, the community is also a very active one. People suggest new heroes, better balance ideas, icons, gamemodes, think of stories, create external programs for the game, and overall are very caring about it.

About the terrain, yes it is shit visually. Though I don't mind because I'm looking at the action not at the trees when I'm playing.

AND ICEFROG STARTED THE B.NET REVOLUTION? Wow. He really is trying to steal all the credit he can. Icefrog took the map and modded it. He did not create it.
You know it's br_shadow that says this, not Icefrog. Yes he didn't create it, but worked on it after Eul and Guinsoo had stopped. It was Icefrog that got DotA into the professional gaming scene, kept updating it and (trying to) balance it. Made it look more professional. At the moment there are several types of maps for many languages. And people with different language-maps can still play in the same game. I have never seen that in any other game.

I cannot argue about the coding, because I'm not good at it myself and I have not seen it.

Replayability would not increase even if there is 5,000 heroes and 10,000 items.
Actually it would.

The majority of DotA players banlist anyone for the complete wrong reasons.
Banlists are shit anyways. Any retard can just create another account and join again. I don't play Battle.net DotA much anymore so I don't know how many people still use it. My advice would be to join a league or inhouse games. Or if you are real bad try AI maps.

IceFrog didn't make DotA. He stole it. (Truth)
Don't talk about things you have no clue about please.

The majority of items are laughable to get for any specific hero.
Yes in the Guinsoo days it was, but as Icefrog took over there are more and more different itembuilds and strategies for any kind of hero.

Well, seeing as the quite experienced players over at the DotA forums like to hold "worst hero" polls and agree that there is a definite order, I think that it's fair to say I'm not alone.
That would be in GD (general discussion), the most beginner filled part of the forums. And yes there is a bit of an order. Some heroes are better than others, but it doesnt mean that if you pick these heroes you have won automatically. Every hero can be played in different ways and no hero combination is indestructable.

I just think people hate the monopoly DotA has over other battle.net games. It's very hard to get your map known with the constant updates and large community DotA has.

Level 16
Replayability values does not consists of a lot of hero, ability and item only.
No, but more heroes and items would increase replay value. I'm not saying other things don't matter.
If you have 2 games which are equal in every way, but one of them has more heroes to fight with. Which one is going to be played more? I think the one with more heroes right?

Status
Not open for further replies.