• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Explanation on why people like DOTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay people here are the reasons why DOTA addicts like DOTA
1. Always having someone to play it with
2. Having something to brag because of a large chance of constant victory
3. Some people see DOTA as a hand and strategy enhancer
4. Some people like DOTA because it kills time
5. Competition
6. Not being able to be advertised of other games, this is the case in the awesome country named Philippines because unlike the other countries, our television sets are comprised mostly of food, dishwashing, etc. products and only in rare times we see game advertisements

People play DOTA often not because of DOTA itself, but the fun and competitive feel it gives. For ex. Me, I dont like DOTA but I play it because it is fun.

TROLLS will be reported.

Level 13
DotA is my favoritest game for warcraft. Yes I am a DotA addict ^^

why I like it so much:

-you get a choise out of 97 unique and custom heros
-with a massive lan between your friends, their isn't many maps for warcraft, or games in general that can beat the amount of fun it gives you.
-almost all the hero abilities are custom, and are extremly fun to use on your friends.
-it dosn't really matter who wins the match, its all about those funny replays of us hunting each other; and of the epic battles and the epic kills we got.
-the heros are balenced, it mostly depends on how good a player is with their hero. Like for example, I am almost unkillable as King Leoric; yet I cannot even play as the Butcher without my enemies getting a 10 kill streak. Certain people are skilled with certain heros.
-the items are awesome. Good items have resipies and are worth buying, and some items have very cool orb effects, like the Sygian Desotator.
-Its the type of game that you can play over and over again, and still have many things to learn and discover. I've been playing DotA twice every week for about two years now, and I'm still not bored.
-I've never found any map for warcraft, with as much quality as DotA allstars.
-Its great to plot plans, stradegy, and assasinations with your allied friends.

So those are the reasons why I think its such an awesome game.

Level 8
To be honest I completely agree with you OP, the fact that you have to rely on people (Usually) you don't know is always fun, stepping into the role of a leader and getting your team organized is only the first step, there are so many reasons why DotA is fun, but you of course touched on the main points.

Though it does always cause the blame game that I can't say I've not been apart of before, you get sucked into the action and the competition side of it fast (Especially if you play in closed leagues as my self) The better and better your team mates or enemies are the more and more you're pushed to be better.

All in all I believe it is a great game really rivaled by no other AoS in WC3, though HoN and LoL are addicting and I do switch from time to time, it is a great relief of an hour.

Level 49
DotA is my favoritest game for warcraft. Yes I am a DotA addict ^^

why I like it so much:

-you get a choise out of 97 unique and custom heros
-with a massive lan between your friends, their isn't many maps for warcraft, or games in general that can beat the amount of fun it gives you.
-almost all the hero abilities are custom, and are extremly fun to use on your friends.
-it dosn't really matter who wins the match, its all about those funny replays of us hunting each other; and of the epic battles and the epic kills we got.
-the heros are balenced, it mostly depends on how good a player is with their hero. Like for example, I am almost unkillable as King Leoric; yet I cannot even play as the Butcher without my enemies getting a 10 kill streak. Certain people are skilled with certain heros.
-the items are awesome. Good items have resipies and are worth buying, and some items have very cool orb effects, like the Sygian Desotator.
-Its the type of game that you can play over and over again, and still have many things to learn and discover. I've been playing DotA twice every week for about two years now, and I'm still not bored.
-I've never found any map for warcraft, with as much quality as DotA allstars.
-Its great to plot plans, stradegy, and assasinations with your allied friends.

So those are the reasons why I think its such an awesome game.

not to mention it has new features every time it has new versions, so the map is really worth it,

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

DotA is popular because it's a well-made competitive game, there's really nothing else to it.

"Certain people are skilled with certain heros."
Uh, no offence, but most skilled people play most (all) heroes well. There's no such thing as a collection of heroes that are better for one guy and not for the other, it's just a matter of experience. If you never play a certain hero (or a similar one, so that you have the necessary understanding) you'll never be any good at it.

Level 9
Dear people, the above post is the conclusion.

After seeing people who keep on flaming DOTA(no don't worry, I am not a fan) I just feel sorry for IceFrog, Guinsoo, Eul who has made people buy(or CnP) warcraft again.

If you hate DOTA, then you haven't found or felt one of reasons above

Oh yeah, I kinda hate DOTA too because it CHANGES THE FREAKIN' EPIC WARCRAFT LORE

Level 12
Well, plenty of people flame DotA and DotA players but then there's a whole lot more who play it and enjoy it for the most part. I mean, if DotA was a bad game, it wouldn't be anywhere this popular and it wouldn't inspire sequels or games. Not everyone likes it, but its a good game. I personally don't like DotA much, its just not my kind of game, but once it a while its good fun.

Also, I sometimes think DotA gets a bad name from rather common and poorly done clones of it appearing, where some developers try to reap its popularity for themselves.

Level 22
For the same reason people listen to Soulja Boy, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber, and think movies like Transformers and Twilight are awesome. It's simple. :eek:

And because there are lots of heroes to choose from, I guess.

People should check out Tides of Blood. Dota's ''father''. x)

Status
Not open for further replies.