• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
i didnt know br_shadow was a gif

two things to say before this gets close

"Its better to steal something good than to invent something bad"

and

DotA is like that optical illusion with the young woman and the old lady, with the old ladys nose being the young womans cheek. Its all a matter of how you see things, and how you first saw it.

Level 4
Nudl9 does this flower represent your personality?Because I start to think it does... Just like t-revelion-t and his picture...

Level 4
I never said DotA was a shit map, i actually play it myself a bit, but find it too boring most of the time.
The heroes are just boring apart from 10 of them.

Or maybe they are discussing while being open for other opinions?

They had better arguments and most of them were pretty solid if you ask me.

You can determine plural in English. And discussion and me are open for other opinions but if the opinions are not good enough i don't accept them and I counter them. And yet i haven't seen one soli arguement.

Need I say more?

No, you have proved how low you are.

i didnt know br_shadow was a gif

two things to say before this gets close

"Its better to steal something good than to invent something bad"

and

DotA is like that optical illusion with the young woman and the old lady, with the old ladys nose being the young womans cheek. Its all a matter of how you see things, and how you first saw it.

Whatever, close the thread ? Well, despite what's is posted here DotA will always be the most popular and enjoyable map. Map makers than you that say DotA is bad and poor will never reach it's level, sorry.

Level 40
Omg PurplePoot do you realy think that dota has no complex code?
I didn't say that. I just said they were coded badly.

And this comes from reading the map script.

2. ICEFROG AND DOTA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR RETARDS AND FLAMERS OMG !
But those are a huge turnoff from the game.

And you guys that keep on saying about a poor map, you probably haven't payed latest versions of Dota.
Yep, I have. A bunch of people I know at school are addicted to it.

And I think he told the truth "People who hate DotA are just jealous that they will never have a map as popular" .
What? If the majority of people really wanted a popular map, they'd get around to publishing stock imbalanced maps and popularizing them rather than making resources for one another in a modding community.

Ad hominem attacks for the win?

You can post your suggestions on Dota forums, Ice's blog or email...
And be studiously ignored or told "it's due to the limitations of the warcraft 3 engine", which everyone knows is bullshit.

To people who hates DotA, is people who hates AoS map. Unless, you just jealous of DotA popularity. And for people who hates DotA because the popularity is more than Warcraft itself, its weird...and it just make all mapmakers will get his map bad, because his map popularity...
Wrong and wrong. I enjoy some AoSes and the only reason I care about DotA's popularity is because it's hard to find anythijng else to play around the deluge of people hosting DotA.

How you all mean that terrain sucks? It has a lot gank positions and secret paths, all of those improve gameplay. It doesnt need to be a terrain with 9001 doodads that make your fps drop to 10.
That wouldn't make you lag, but I agree that it is unnecessary.

If these maps outclassed Dota people would play them .. Right ????
No. Are DotA fans capable of spouting anything other than logical fallacies?

As i said i started this thread so the conversation can start from the begining and be invlvolved in the conversation from the beggining not the end. And also can you name me some maps that have more system complex from Dota ? I would be glad to see them. And don't tell me some huge rpgs.. Cinematics and dialogs do not count as system triggers. Have you bothered to open dota ? There is not even one unit or spell inside. Everything is made right that moment, from triggers. Dota has flaws that's sure, that's why Icefrog works hard and releases new versions so quikly to improve the map.
I lol'd.

It's called a map protector. You clearly know nothing about modding.

Also, if they had really done that (if it was possible, which it is not), then they would be retarded, not great.

Everyone who thinks that others are idiots is advised to judge himself first.
We try not to make such stupid and uninformed comments. However, if you can point them out, I'm sure some would appreciate the chance to improve.

Whatever, close the thread ? Well, despite what's is posted here DotA will always be the most popular and enjoyable map. Map makers than you that say DotA is bad and poor will never reach it's level, sorry.
You act as if we aspire to.

Level 4
I'm not the one preaching lies about a game that means nothing, Shadow. Quit while you're far, far behind.

A game that means nothing. And who are you to say Dota means nothing ? Dota is played by 10 million users how many users play your maps ?

Can a mod please just ban his multi-account? Br_Shadow seems to need another account to try, and fail, at making insults.

LOL ?

And prurplePoot Dota made ITSELF great beause of it's fun gameplay. Icefrog or Guinsoo or anyone else never starting to spam dota.

ike-facepalm.jpg

Level 12
Mapmakers than me? if you are reffering me to a guy that dislikes DotA, you are mistaken mate.

And this thread should be closed becouse its a discussion of opinion, rather than of facts. If you had actual facts that would prove that DotA fits into the "good map" category, it would be great, and if the others had actualy facts that would prove that DotA fits in the "bad map" category, it would also be great, becouse then this would stop. Unfortunatly, a map cant both be a "good map" and a "bad map" unless its a discussion of opinion.

EDIT : Oh, and back before, somebody mentioned DotA having 10+ million players

untrue to the bone

Level 11
Ok, why is DotA so popular ?
DotA started to being popular 3/4 years ago, I started to play it 5 years before.
I stopped to play it a week ago, or i maybe paused but anyway if i did that; when i will start to play it again, i wont, coz i will be playing League of Legends.

So, dota was good as PPoot said, before 6.X versions , little before as they changed DAGGER(stupid).
then next thing you got, heroes are reworked, new spells new items(imba).
Few of heroes arent balanced(they are not=owerpowered).
Sure you can win with good team, BUT:
DotA is now being all about LAST HIT/Farming.
If you put 5 uber pr0 farmers. And uber pr0 teamplayers;
you will just get more points from farming. And that is terrible boring.
[Is you farm with wards you get money and NO teamplayers cant gank you, and they dont get money as they are ganking, and farmers get).

So, now we have, imba items, heroes, less teamplay heroes,
ou y arrogant players and livers, i think dota holds record in that.

About terrain, maybe the best part of game, it doesnt looks good, but its nice fitting, you can gank, farm, not huge, great terrain.
System: its simple, and dota is i belive one of first maps with fuze items(+1 point to dota why is being so playable).

So why is dota so popular ? Its very very simple map. Its popular coz it was so popular before. Now i can give my ratting which is 3/5.

Pr0 players found what is most important in dota, last hit.
Before there was way more teamplay and fun, NO LEAVERS 4 GAMES IN ROAD, no whole day.

And ppl are addicted to dota and they dont realise it coz lots of ppl plays dota coz their friends plays dota, and in the circle.

Level 4
Mapmakers than me? if you are reffering me to a guy that dislikes DotA, you are mistaken mate.

And this thread should be closed becouse its a discussion of opinion, rather than of facts. If you had actual facts that would prove that DotA fits into the "good map" category, it would be great, and if the others had actualy facts that would prove that DotA fits in the "bad map" category, it would also be great, becouse then this would stop. Unfortunatly, a map cant both be a "good map" and a "bad map" unless its a discussion of opinion.

EDIT : Oh, and back before, somebody mentioned DotA having 10+ million players

untrue to the bone

Well me, based on my criteria, i put the Dota in the Good map category and 10+ million players too.

Level 27
Dude, this all started because of some people who don't like DotA.

And you start a thread here, saying that they are wrong and have a bad taste etc. because everyone plays DotA. Claiming that DotA is a good map and should be liked by everyone?

Why can't you just shuss it and stop whining that some people just don't like it.

Yes, the quality is good. But like i quoted it's like CSS... a lot of people like it and some don't.

And unlike you trying to convince everyone in playing dota and not hating it, im trying to covince you the subject is shit, overdisccused, useless and pathetic. (Pathetic in the way you whine about other people don't liking something you like bladiebla getitya!?)

Level 4
Dude, this all started because of some people who don't like DotA.

And you start a thread here, saying that they are wrong and have a bad taste etc. because everyone plays DotA. Claiming that DotA is a good map and should be liked by everyone?

Why can't you just shuss it and stop whining that some people just don't like it.

Yes, the quality is good. But like i quoted it's like CSS... a lot of people like it and some don't.

And unlike you trying to convince everyone in playing dota and not hating it, im trying to covince you the subject is shit, overdisccused, useless and pathetic. (Pathetic in the way you whine about other people don't liking something you like bladiebla getitya!?)

Who is whining ? I started this thread to learn why you don't like dota and you started all downrating dota so I try to tell you that dota is not a bad map as you say

Level 4
That's right, you've been bitching and whining when we didn't agree. Infact, it seems that you're more guilty of what you've accused us of doing, than we are.

This thread needs to be closed, it's only harming the Off Topic forum.

I accused you of what, and im more guilty of it ?You should stop swearing me. With each post you go lower and lower....

Level 4
That's right, you've been bitching and whining when we didn't agree. Infact, it seems that you're more guilty of what you've accused us of doing, than we are.

This thread needs to be closed, it's only harming the Off Topic forum.

who is bitching exactly? br_shadow? yes sure...
you are the one who is bitching ): sorry...
and something else br_shadow is my friend he is not using multi accounts

Come on, all you've either done is try to be arrogant towards us 'non-believers', and whenever you got the chance, you pushed "DOTA IS GREAT" on us, DotA isn't a religion, and should not be forced on others in that fashion. Ever.

Ever.

EDIT:
Still waiting for confirmation on whether or not Remend and Br_Shadow are the same person. I'm fairly sure they're one in the same.

Level 5
Come on, all you've either done is try to be arrogant towards us 'non-believers', and whenever you got the chance, you pushed "DOTA IS GREAT" on us, DotA isn't a religion, and should not be forced on others in that fashion. Ever.

Ever.

EDIT:
Still waiting for confirmation on whether or not Remend and Br_Shadow are the same person.
NUFF SAID! in my opinion

Level 4

Ever.

EDIT:
Still waiting for confirmation on whether or not Remend and Br_Shadow are the same person. I'm fairly sure they're one in the same.

I already gave an answer

Level 4

Ever.

EDIT:

I never did tell DOTA RULLEZ or something. ALl my posts here counter the void points of other posts...

And yes confirm if we are the same person. Then you will be tired to be wrong.

Level 5
First of all YOU are motherfucker and when didn't speak correct English ?

A member of what ?

I see you have all turned against me and flame me. What a common scene amongst people who cant socially discuss....

i didnt wanted to flame you. i was just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.