• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Protectors of the Well

If this map was hosted on battle.net, would you play it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Protectors of the Well: Hero Defence

Protectors of the Well

Okay, this is going to be my very first map being released on The Hive! So Give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and be truthful!

Heres the Map Idea:
An Ancient Civilization has prospered for years using the awesome power of the Sun Well. Now The Well's power has grown to an extreme and created an amazing amount of prosperity...but also one very big problem. Unfortunately, the secret civilization has been located by creatures lusting for power, Demons in need of strength, and the essence of pure evil itself! They've all sensed the Well's power, and are joining forces to get it. Defend the well at all costs and save your civilization.​
Now Heres what you do:
The map is set up in sunken ruins. This is sort of a combination of a tower defense, and a hero builder. I'm still deciding on how to choose the hero, but there will be shops in the center town for you to buy the abilities. There will also be shops for items and recipe shops. Basically you defend the town (actually the Well in the very center of town). Creeps will spawn in the corners of the map and attack all sides of the town. You will have towers for support and they will determine the whole beginning of the game. you can upgrade then to keep the town safe. They are especially important in the beginning because some of the creeps will be strong and a little overwhelming! Once you fight for about 5 minutes a boss will spawn and attack the town. not sure too much about some of these details but anyway, your gonna wanna stay in the town for most of the beginning, and maybe after the first boss start to step out and advance to the portals. The Four Portals Of Doom are set up one in each corner, and once you are strong enough, you can advance down the lanes and launch your attack on them. After one dies that lane stops spawning units. Once all four are destoyed, a great portal opens up somewhere on the map. you go into the portal and fight through more units until you reach the Ultimate Boss. Kill him, and you win!​

My Plan for the heros so far is set up to have maybe 3-4 heros of each race. (Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf, Naga, Creeps) a minimum of 18 heros. Yes i know what your thinking...PotW, name sounds familiar...DotA. Yes I will say the name does sound like a DotA copy. From my description you can tell its not. i was thinking about a name change because of its likeness. I do so much dislike the AoS-DotA copys every1 makes (SMotA, GotA, JotA, PotA, whatever) it annoys me when people put up "Tired of DotA? Try SMotA!" ive never played the SMotA game, but what it sounds like to me is "Tired of DotA? Try DotA with minor adjustments!" And i dont want my map to sound like this. this sounds a little off topic, but thats why i need your help. Do you think the name should stay or be changed? Do you Like the map? Do you have any ideas? POST 'EM! POST 'EM! POST 'EM!

Tell me What ya Think!
-SonicB00m​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.