• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Seven Sins of Humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Since this is serious, i want to discuss it here.
Humans are born with brains. But they left their sins in their minds.

Our sins in our minds are:
:fp:Gluttony
:fp:Lust
:fp:Wrath
:fp:Greed
:fp:Pride
:fp:Sloth
:fp:Envy

It depends how you control your life. The sins will live in your brains and they are brainwashing you. It cannot be removed. Want to remove it? Just die(It's real. You must die to remove them). But you must control them.

Anyone can explain them? I want to know what are those. Since i don't know english much, i don't know their meanings.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Simply said:
Gluttony is eating too much.
Lust is a sexual desire for the pleasure alone
Wrath is another word for anger
Greed is wanting to have more and more, never satisfied.
Pride: (this one is difficult to express in few words so I just took the google translate defintion)a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
Sloth is another word for laziness.
Envy, a negative feeling towards another person. More specifically you want something they have, it may be something physical as well as mental.

To be fair I don't consider all of them sins. Though I know they are known as the 7 deadly sins.

I am guilty of every single one but gluttony.

In turn, there are counters to these sevens. I recall they're named Seven Virtues. Each virtue counters a sin.

Also, out of these seven the major ones that tend to cause society disorder in humanity (or at least as I evaluated them) are Pride, Greed, and Envy.
These three, as I look at them, are mostly the ones that capable to cause chaos up to a full scale war between humans.

Also, between Greed and Gluttony, they're kinda same indirectly. I think Gluttony is specific while Greed ain't specific, or something else in the matter?

Level 19
I heard an interesting reputation of sin. totally incorrect but interesting none the less.

The japans have 5 sins.

emotion
expression
action
reaction
speaking

they say where there is emotion there is the misfortune of sudden unreasonable reaction

where there is reaction there is the misfortune of action

where there is action there is the misfortune of expression

where there is expression there is the misfortune of speaking

where there is speaking evil enters the world and stirs many emotions

so basically do any of these and you bring evil into the world. although I guess you can still do these things and bring love?

there are Tibetan monks who practce not doing these things in order to achieve eternal goodness or peace. sounds like a bunch of polony to me

Last edited:
Level 31
There is no such thing as a sin. Human come up with these. If you don't want to have those traits, stay rational and in control of your mind, easy as that. But no one can judge anyone except yourself, if you deem it unffiting to you. That's subjective, there is no universal sin or something like that, you set your boundaries and you control what you are. If you can't control your food addiction, or if you are greedy, or anything else, it means you chose to be that way, you can ALWAYS stop if you set your mind towards it, that's the only difference between human and any other animal. Humans can be in charge of their instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.