• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #14 - Seven Deadly Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused about this line:

If we draw on paper and apply some edit on it on Photoshop, how much of it will be considered freehand work?

As long as you don't copy paste, draw onto another drawing or uses an extreme amount of filters, it should be freehand. All other Photoshop tools should be allowed.

Edit 2: Just updated it again, almost done now.
attachment.php

Edit: Wip without the outlines and a little more work done.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Glutony.png
    Glutony.png
    217.5 KB · Views: 335
  • GlutonyV09.png
    GlutonyV09.png
    314.5 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

As long as you don't copy paste, draw onto another drawing or uses an extreme amount of filters, it should be freehand. All other Photoshop tools should be allowed.

Edit: Wip without the outlines and a little more work done.
attachment.php

This is why I don't want to eat McDonald's Fried chicken.

San

San

Level 32
I like the meaty design for the demon,Silent.
I decided to join even im veeeeeery lacking of ideas.
attachment.php

Anyway, how much WIPs are required for each icon?

Attachments

• WIPGlut.jpg
    WIPGlut.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 329

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

kyrbi0 on his first icon contest! yay!
good luck for the contestant :)

Moy

Moy

Level 49
I'll start with the easiest first which is Wrath.

will be editing this once I have done it.

EDIT:
btnshatteringwrath-png.239801

Done with wrath. The idea is the person is in rage and he shatters because he was too pumped up. I might still edit it, I'll leave it as a wip. I've done the effects mostly at 64x64.

Next would be greed.

Attachments

• BTNShatteringWrath.png
    BTNShatteringWrath.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Level 8
EDIT:

Done with wrath. The idea is the person is in rage and he shatters because he was too pumped up. I might still edit it, I'll leave it as a wip. I've done the effects mostly at 64x64.
Next would be greed.

Looks very cool and warcraftish. Effects looks nice as well. <3 :p

I start with Lust, first color scheme test
204181-albums4594-picture109471.jpg

I've seen it before. It looks quite the looks :p
Reminder. You should always set contest images from pastebin to forever, same for albums.

I'll start with the easiest first which is Wrath.

will be editing this once I have done it.

EDIT:

Next would be greed.

Right now, you would need some kind of slight hue differentiation between the eyes and the overall background colors.
Composition is a bit confusing right now. It is in the good direction nevertheless.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

looks nice nightmare~. but for an icon, i think it's a bit crowded.

full
full
full

I will post all the big pics when my submission is completed. If it become completed.
I'm a bit confused about this contest now, considering the changes in the HWS.

You'll have to excuse me. I have formulated the post incorrectly.
What I meant to say is that I have seen it just when you showed it here.

No CnP accusation since we all know that you have the skills to do outstanding art.

It is just that the attached image no longer works/shows for me.

I don't want to be rude. Excuse me too for wrong interpretation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

Might aswell join. Here's my gluttony. Not yet finished though.

vulturinegluttony-png.240059

Good heavens, What in the name of the lord is that? can you really tell me what this icon looks like? It looks like some foreskin inserted on a bloody mouth.

Level 30
A vulture kinda represents both Greed and Gluttony at once, so that's a whole new way to think of the sins. There is a multitude of ways to represent two on one icon - I guess that would work too for the contest, eh, as long as it's four icons in total?

On a side note, if you feel like doing so, you can draw all seven icons for each sin. This will not increase or decrease your scoring overall, as your scoring is evenly divided for all icons you did, not by number of 'em.

A vulture kinda represents both Greed and Gluttony at once, so that's a whole new way to think of the sins. There is a multitude of ways to represent two on one icon - I guess that would work too for the contest, eh, as long as it's four icons in total?

On a side note, if you feel like doing so, you can draw all seven icons for each sin. This will not increase or decrease your scoring overall, as your scoring is evenly divided for all icons you did, not by number of 'em.

Greed and Gluttony is very similar, Gluttony is just greed applied to food.

Status
Not open for further replies.