• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #13 - Icons for Director's Cut Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

nightmare~ is doing one of it :)

EDIT :

i post all WIP stuff that currently i have in here.

i think i almost done.

Attachments

• BTNAxeSlam.jpg
    BTNAxeSlam.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 100
  • BTNEmpower.jpg
    BTNEmpower.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 95
  • BTNFlamingWhirlwind.jpg
    BTNFlamingWhirlwind.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 68
  • BTNBarbarian.jpg
    BTNBarbarian.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, WISDOM! :)
But, try to define ur hero better in the third icon. The other icons are more accurate than the third one.
Also, guys, i think we need to increase the speed.
I know u're busy (holiday, friends/girls and/or other stuff), but let us try.
So, more WIPs would be just...nice. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I resign from this contest, I feel sick and judging the WMM3 contest is enough of work for now.

Good luck guys!

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Very nice, WISDOM! :)
But, try to define ur hero better in the third icon. The other icons are more accurate than the third one.
Also, guys, i think we need to increase the speed.
I know u're busy (holiday, friends/girls and/or other stuff), but let us try.
So, more WIPs would be just...nice. :)

thank you :)

i want to update it, but i don't feel up for it + i got a new assignment that need to be finished.

so here it is, i finish my entry. i also attach 2 screenshot, one for preview and one ingame screenshot.

credit to heinvers for the ashland map terrain template :)

Attachments

• Contest.jpg
    Contest.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Barbarian Icon Pack.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 65
  • WC3ScrnShot_082015_162225_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_082015_162225_01.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 171
Level 8
thank you :)

i want to update it, but i don't feel up for it + i got a new assignment that need to be finished.

so here it is, i finish my entry. i also attach 2 screenshot, one for preview and one ingame screenshot.

credit to heinvers for the ashland map terrain template :)

Awesome Icons ;)

Level 28
Don't know if I'll be able to make it and I might not be here for a few days this week so I want to say what I've been holding back, waiting to see most of the icons and progress:

AMAZING! I love this! So many people joined in, so many good icons in here, interesting stuff, lots of updates on previous icons, just amazing!
(I'm curious to see who'll be judging..)

And, as to why I didn't draw my icons earlier, I had too many projects on my head and stuff to do, hopefully I'll be able to make these icons in a few days (don't want to disappoint hiphop4eva).

Level 28
Hmm, what are deadlines for :cgrin:? To be extended of course! As always ^^
Well, if no one is done by the end then I'm okay with extending.

Edit:

BTNVoidwalker.jpg

Voidwalker

BTNSendToTheVoid.jpg

Send to the Void

The target is sent into the void, thus disappearing from existence for a limited amount of time. It returns with less maximum hit points and mana. They are restored after 3 minutes.

BTNBlackMass.jpg

Black Mass

Everything in the voidwalker's presence is slowly consumed into his black mass, degenerating. Takes away maximum hit points per second. The hit points are restored after 3 minutes.

BTNElderForm.jpg

Elder Form

The Voidwalker enters his Elder Form. Due to his lack of power, the Elder Form can only be maintained for a limited amount of time and is very unstable. Random effects may occur on the Voidwalker while he is in this Form (dealt damage, -regeneration, -armor, sudden death, etc.). Damage becomes pure, all stats are increased as well as movement speed, attack speed, etc.

So I decided to play around with the Red Voidwalker energy I noticed in some World of Warcraft voidwalkers. Because.. you know, I wanted to use more than purple in the icons ;_; But also, I found it interesting. Like an unstable type of Fel? energy, dunno.

Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Hmm, what are deadlines for :cgrin:? To be extended of course! As always ^^
Well, if no one is done by the end then I'm okay with extending.

Edit:

BTNVoidwalker.jpg

Voidwalker

BTNSendToTheVoid.jpg

Send to the Void

The target is sent into the void, thus disappearing from existence for a limited amount of time. It returns with less maximum hit points and mana. They are restored after 3 minutes.

BTNBlackMass.jpg

Black Mass

Everything in the voidwalker's presence is slowly consumed into his black mass, degenerating. Takes away maximum hit points per second. The hit points are restored after 3 minutes.

BTNElderForm.jpg

Elder Form

The Voidwalker enters his Elder Form. Due to his lack of power, the Elder Form can only be maintained for a limited amount of time and is very unstable. Random effects may occur on the Voidwalker while he is in this Form (dealt damage, -regeneration, -armor, sudden death, etc.). Damage becomes pure, all stats are increased as well as movement speed, attack speed, etc.

So I decided to play around with the Red Voidwalker energy I noticed in some World of Warcraft voidwalkers. Because.. you know, I wanted to use more than purple in the icons ;_; But also, I found it interesting. Like an unstable type of Fel? energy, dunno.

Those are really cool wips

Level 25
Yep we have.

WIPs tho, still quite unsure about these. I can't think of any ability though.

Looks cool IMO, each of them looks fitting for the model, though what is that 4th icon about? Mind control ability?

~Nightmare, I love your wips :)

Here's mine :

239559-albums8317-picture101086.bmp

EDIT: These aren't blurry at all in game, I zoomed on it.

Whoa! This got to be something. Very cool(yeah cuz it's ice) but there is still time so you could still polish them, you could add little bit contrast and maybe outline but not so visible so you can tell the parts of the icons.

There's not much that I've done on this compared to the previous post.
I think it's more or less done; the unit icon:

Great! Not a fan of that angle though, but you already done it but the red stuff you could change it to green or bluish green because it's his main theme plus he pretty have wraitish abilities both in the game and in the model.

Very slow progress :/ Fortunately, I have no class today, it's time to make anotha' icons :)

Tauer! Though you can't tell if it's still the Necromancer it looks extremly like Gul'dan right now, mainly because of that eyes but I'm looking forward for more progress.

So far I think I won't be continuing, I'm busy though If I got motivation I could continue them, so let's just wait.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Very slow progress :/ Fortunately, I have no class today, it's time to make anotha' icons :)

very amazing :)

Tauer! Though you can't tell if it's still the Necromancer it looks extremly like Gul'dan right now, mainly because of that eyes but I'm looking forward for more progress.

So far I think I won't be continuing, I'm busy though If I got motivation I could continue them, so let's just wait.

the dc model that he based on was gul'dan :)
and i think his icon is already fitting enough for the model itself

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

The model he chose is -Grendel's Necromancer not Gul'dan

sorry for that. -grendel model was really familliar with samwise guldan concept art the once i saw.that's why i thought it was guldan

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I liked the newer one more, it focusses on the eyes and creates the illusion of floating/ imaginary ones, while the older version also creates the illusion of face shapes and reduces the magic effect, IMO.

Level 28
Well I still kinda like the old one better - thinner eyes, gives a more evil expression and darker, as they are halfly closed (hidden), the silhouettes more silhouette-ish and ghoulish, the fire more red and glowing. I think the only better thing from the second one is that the fire is more fire and less glow, but it's just too much, spreading nearly to the top. I think if it was less it would be better.
But, seeing as some people like the new version better, I guess the best advice would be to pick the one you like best.

Here's my Final Entry.

Here's my final entry but I will change it if I have a time, if I didn't change it until the deadline,therefore this is my last entry :D

Hero Information
icons_18293_btn.jpg

Hero Name: Orc NecroMagus
Race: Orc
Type: Necromancer
Abilities
attachment.php

1.DeathCoil - Fires a blast of unholy energy at the target, causing Shadow damage to an enemy or healing an Undead ally.
attachment.php

2.Death Curse - Afflicts the target with evil spirit causing damage until the target dies. If the target dies, the target will revive but will serve to the Necromagus permanently.
attachment.php

3.Death Stare - Whenever the Necromagus cast this spell, the enemy target will be paralyze then draining the life of the enemy target.

Feel the warcraftish icons :)
- Updated before the deadline

Here's the files of these icons :D
NecroMagus
DeathCoil
Death Curse
Death Stare
attachment.php

Attachments

• Necromasterynigga.png
    Necromasterynigga.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 851