• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #10 - Custom Models/Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
dear contestants. and since many of you are from the icon section.

my sig below says much. there are no section dedicated moderator, dealing on the icon section.

i am sorry.

Thank you so much for the help you have done for my improvement in icon creation! I really appreciate that Pyra! P.s. I never hate you ) Ok only at a start )

Level 30
Hard Analysis icon for the "ultimate" (4 ability)

BTNHardAnalysis.png

Level 11
I turn away from hive for a day and when I come back, mods get banned and demoted. Sadly :S

But getting on topic; does these demotions and bans disturb the contest? I mean, it would be a damn shame if it got cancelled or something :V

But here is another icon if the contest is still going:
G00Jp.png

Level 17
You won't have a dedicated icon mod (the only one who can approve them is enjoy) and you'll be lacking contestants (and maybe judges) but by all means keep going. I think this opens up a great opportunity for someone else to start winning these sort of contests instead of seeing the same guys up there.

The work you guys have done is fantastic.

Level 30
@morbent,
Too much colors that, weirdly enough, seem to compliment each other. Neat work, but might needs some special effects to make it really spicy.

@JollyD,
You need to match the colors of entire set a little better than that. For an example, you can make the cog's color light blue in the background at second icon, which will then have a set of icons with 'Two combine color - red - light blue - two combine color'.
Other than that, the last icon seems overpixelated.

Anyways, who are judges that still want to judge this?

Level 6
@JollyD Rly nice dude! :) But i would make the firey triangle it's ultimate cause it looks so different from the others that if it were to be "equal" to the other icons it would look out of place, but an ultimate is more likely to look different since it is....ur ultimate :p Also the fire looks so intense that the skill should be something strong imo

I still think ur unit icon looks a bit too dark though

The Russian Method icon looks cool, but i don't think it shouldn't be a distorted version of ur model u would be hitting with it^^ Should rather make the thing u hit look more mechanic, maybe just a bolted flat piece of metal which could represent a control panel for something mechanic? ;)
Anyways rly GJ my namebrother :p

Level 28
Guys, one of you told me to add horns to my Hatred passive icon so I gotta ask you:
BTNHatred.jpg

or
BTNHatred2.jpg

?

Which one is better, the old one or the new one? Without or with horns? I'm quite confused here cuz some people tell me that it has to have them and others that it shouldn't be representing my model, but the Hatred itself. It should be just the essence of Hatred, not Mephisto.

Last edited:
Level 30
@JollyD Rly nice dude! :) But i would make the firey triangle it's ultimate cause it looks so different from the others that if it were to be "equal" to the other icons it would look out of place, but an ultimate is more likely to look different since it is....ur ultimate :p Also the fire looks so intense that the skill should be something strong imo

I still think ur unit icon looks a bit too dark though

The Russian Method icon looks cool, but i don't think it shouldn't be a distorted version of ur model u would be hitting with it^^ Should rather make the thing u hit look more mechanic, maybe just a bolted flat piece of metal which could represent a control panel for something mechanic? ;)
Anyways rly GJ my namebrother :p

Thank on the ideas ^^ my namebrother )

I would be willing to judge, or at least assist NF in the judging if people would find me acceptable/suitable as a judge.

T-Up on you to be able to judge ^^

Which one is better, the old one or the new one? Without or with horns?

With horns, add more detail to your icon

Current state:

Portrait:
209577-albums5234-picture59302.jpg

Abilities:

209577-albums5234-picture59227.jpg

Drink Ale
The Dwarf Monk drinks a cup of fresh dwarven ale, restoring an amount of health + mana and giving increased attack speed for an amount of time

209577-albums5234-picture59373.jpg

Enchanted Axe
The dwarf monk enchants his axe with holy power, increasing his attack damage.

209577-albums5234-picture59418.jpg

Heavy Strike
The dwarf monk heavily strikes with his mace a target enemy, dealing massive damage and making the unit bleed for a period of time.

Ultimate:
209577-albums5234-picture59524.jpg

Holy Call
The dwarf monk calls an angel that heals neabry friendly units(including caster)for an amount of time.

Level 6
@Sin'dorei300 wow dude rly nice! Ur flail icon looks f*cking great now! :D All ur icons do ;) But if there was anything i'd try to change it would be to reduce the outlines on the left side of ur hero on the last ability icon u got there, just to make it look more natural considering the light/shading. And did u try to center the axe some more? Cause right now it looks a little empty, also would be nice to see the whole axehead ;) Anyways awesome job man!

Last edited:
Level 12
A nice surprise: amazing works !
A pleasant surprise: the judges !
Seeing here a lot of awesome icons, i predict a hard work for you, Judges! :)
I hope all participants will complete their work on time. By the way - the deadline remains the same?

Level 30
We have just enough time to go with this contest before it starts, I hope.
Will talk with Phar about that, thought.

If judges of this contest are not participating in the Legendary Event, we can still have this judged even if it starts, resulting in results being displayed in the middle of the event.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Status
Not open for further replies.