• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #12 - Spells on Different Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Kola, That windwalk looks very rushed compared to your other icons. It's quite blurry as well, it haven't got the same crispness your icons usually have.
The head of the fire breath guy have some really weird anatomy going on.
But the thunder clap and the immolation icons are simply gorgeous!

The head of the fire breath guy have some really weird anatomy going on.
I mainly hint towards the mouth a bit, there's something odd there.

War Stomp for Naga Royal Guard:

209577-albums5234-picture87454.png

209577-albums5234-picture87450.png
That's awesome :D

War Stomp for Naga Royal Guard:

209577-albums5234-picture87454.png

209577-albums5234-picture87470.png

Yet again, his icon looks poorly compressed. Sin'dorei300 were you even watching what I wrote to you, a suggestion not to do that. In my opinion the art looks great, but I would need to take the large image and convert it myself If I would ever use any of your icons. No offense but you are terrible at converting to .BLP.

Level 25
You are being rude.

"Sin'dorei300 were you even watching what I wrote to you"
->
"Sin'dorei300, did you try what I wrote to you?"

"No offense but you are terrible at converting to .BLP."
->
"Please try a different program or different settings when you convert"

What? I am writing not speaking. Your intelligence just amazes me...

Now you're just being silly. On forums, writing to each other is practically the only way we communicate, so it's fair to use ideas and terms from verbal communication.

In case you didn't understand, "please tone down your voice" means "please use softer language".

By insulting his intelligence, you're just being petty, which is rather ironic considering that you're trying to berate his intelligence.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
You are being rude.

->

->

Now you're just being silly. On forums, writing to each other is practically the only way we communicate, so it's fair to use ideas and terms from verbal communication.

In case you didn't understand, "please tone down your voice" means "please use softer language".

By insulting his intelligence, you're just being petty, which is rather ironic considering that you're trying to berate his intelligence.
Quoted For Truth.

Literally could not have said it better.

What? I am writing not speaking. Your intelligence just amazes me...

hehe, this is the troll-siest thing i've read here.

@Sin'dorei300, were you thinking of making an entire naga set? hence the siren charm and Royal guard stomp

I would love to see you implement the trident in an icon, or murlocs?
Or could this just be coincidence and you plan on making a more diversified set of icons?

@kola, that windwalk.. Doesn't strike me as windwalk at all. More like some burst of speed?
maybe use different colors, a hint of blue and some way to make it feel like it's transitioning into an invisible state, in my opinion could turn out better.

You are being rude.

->

->

I wasn't rude, I was straight-forward. I did not insult his intelligence, I said that it amazes me. It has two sides of a one story so to say, you can never find out what I truly meant unless I confess. :)

Yet again, his icon looks poorly compressed. Sin'dorei300 were you even watching what I wrote to you, a suggestion not to do that. In my opinion the art looks great, but I would need to take the large image and convert it myself If I would ever use any of your icons. No offense but you are terrible at converting to .BLP.

A suggestion doesn't have to be accepted necessarily.

What he uses is a sharpen filter, which virtually every single digital artist uses to retain as much detail and original contrast as possible when drastically scaling down images (1024 -> 64 for instance). Your preference doesn't necessarily have to reflect actual facts and general opinion, nor would anybody have to abide to your suggestions.

Also, your passive-aggressive tone in your further posts will lead you nowhere good. Do mind how you converse with others on the forums as hostility and insults in any form will be sanctioned.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Meeerge.

The cleaving attack isn't bad, but doesn't look too interesting. Spell steal also looks good, but I'm not sure it looks too satyr (good for me and my Dreadlords, lol). Metamorphosis has the same problem, but it looks more satyr. Perhaps if you put the horns closer to the forehead and make them "more vertical"?
My apologies for going out of sync with the other opinions.

Now it looks better?

make the horns light yellow or gray. Outline your character from the background just a little. And reduce some of the effects, right now the effects are a bit too much. Horns are also too close to each other, it looks like a mutated satyr. For more visualization I suggest you to look into Blizzard 's icons. Edit: Make the skin natural and more blue/golden, the background is really merging with the face. It needs proper details.

Level 7
NOW COMES Legal_Ease and hereby presents his weak attempt at entry whereby admitting to not understanding or knowing the rules at all, presents these the following ICONS for your viewing pleasure:

Archimonde.gif

ARCHIMONDE - Spells

a3527d9c10646926e1723690299389bb_87746.png
-
630d57086adffc788c9cb39458aca1f9_87749.png
-
431d6827e1dbb2a54186a027bfa6954e_87734.jpg
-
12ee2417776286970a6c9b7fe0509e4f_87747.png

Charm - Dust Cloud - Mana Burn - Infernal Form

Well, charm is nice but such a feeble word for the mighty archimonde? I suggest mind break or sth like that. Dust cloud bugs me a little but then again I can't pin-point the reason and also like the colors u have chosen.

As for Mana Burn, it doesn't give any man burn feeling for me. But something like empower, summon, etc. Infernal Form? He summons 2-3 infernals with his ulti then goes to infernal form? Just conceptually contradicting nothing more. Just the name.

Well, charm is nice but such a feeble word for the mighty archimonde? I suggest mind break or sth like that. Dust cloud bugs me a little but then again I can't pin-point the reason and also like the colors u have chosen.

As for Mana Burn, it doesn't give any man burn feeling for me. But something like empower, summon, etc. Infernal Form? He summons 2-3 infernals with his ulti then goes to infernal form? Just conceptually contradicting nothing more. Just the name.

I might not have chosen the right names. Mana Burn could be siphon mana or something like Howl. Infernal could be something like immolation, I picture him turning into fiery Archimonde. Dust cloud is supposed to be like how he destroys Dalaran, but it could be used like dragon hawk's cloud. Mind Break is a way cooler name then charm, I just wanted to name them something so that the judges would understand what type of spell they were meant to be.

Freehand 0%? Anyway, nice icons. Some of them need more polishing. Too bad this contest is so stupid. You have a skill at making nice icons without the need of the stupid freehand rule. +rep :)

Edit: If you expect them to be included in the contest, then let me say that this contest requires freehand 100%.

Freehand 0%? Anyway, nice icons. Some of them need more polishing. Too bad this contest is so stupid. You have a skill at making nice icons without the need of the stupid freehand rule. +rep :)

Edit: If you expect them to be included in the contest, then let me say that this contest requires freehand 100%.

Nope, not all freehand. I don't know the contest rules. All of my Icons involve some c&p, even if the original has been skewed beyond recognition. Thanks for the compliments though!

Nope, not all freehand. I don't know the contest rules. All of my Icons involve some c&p, even if the original has been skewed beyond recognition. Thanks for the compliments though!

Oh I'm sorry then, Its okay if you did not knew. The rules in this contest require icons to be fully freehand. You can view earlier pages regarding that, I also quit from this contest because of that damn rule. Since your icons contain c&p, image snapping and filters they cant be included in the contest thus they don't count. For more information regarding this subject you should discuss in the staff forums.

Oh I'm sorry then, Its okay if you did not knew. The rules in this contest require icons to be fully freehand. You can view earlier pages regarding that, I also quit from this contest because of that damn rule. Since your icons contain c&p, image snapping and filters they cant be included in the contest thus they don't count. For more information regarding this subject you should discuss in the staff forums.

That's ok, I had fun anyway.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

Lol, someone's bitter...

LegalEase, your presentation & flair for the dramatic is impeccable. Unfortunately, yeah, gotta go with free-hand here. Definitely some interesting art, though it's hard to see it with in-game icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.