- Jul 29, 2008
Bah, nonsense. : )Maybe pick another unit you can get more ideas from? Shade is hard to come up with ideas with.
Classic Undead Shade, right? It's always seemed a shame to me that he was basically just a Protoss Observer, since his creation was so interesting (Sacrifice mechanic) & his model so cool. What about...View attachment 270474 View attachment 270472 View attachment 270473
I really don't know what I'm doing finished 4 icons but still not yet final. I'm gonna wait 'til my mind explodes some good idea or else I'm just gonna stick with this one. Or you could try helping me by giving some ideas.
- Haunt, where the shade is possessing a target temporarily (classic puppeteer)
- Incorporeality, like basic Evasion (ghostly shade arm with a blade passing through it)
- Visage/Howl of Fear, like an evil debuff "roar" for the Shade
- Touch of the Grave, a deadly chilling counterattack that imbues a target with a deadly chill (like a shade hand touching an exposed arm & making it die)
- Wail of the Dirge (actually this is just a better name for the roar)
Probably more. Good start though.
(something to keep in mind is that not every icon has to feature the Shade, specifically; I mean look at the already-existing Shade's "True Sight" ability. It's like, 3 purple ghost-faces. What does that even mean?? lol)