• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Christianity, The Holy Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, im not ganna be here screaming at yall to give yall's hearts to christ....like some WACKOS do....*cough*

But i'll open this thread if yall have any questions or want to debate the topic of my religion; Christianity...

...Which is based on the Holy Trinity, the three-part embodiment of one being that we call God, which is seperated into The Father, The Son, and The Spirit.

Where are they you ask? (of course you asked)

The Father has always been in heaven, he cannot see sin, he is pure, holy, righteous, and knows nothing but his character. He has a character that he CANNOT step out of, loving, righteous, fair, jealous....and some others i can't remember :( Sometimes i wish i was a bible scholar XD

The Son has paid with his own blood and went to hell for our sins, after he was ressurected i am told he stayed on this Earth for about 40 days (a month...this is a foggy topic for me :S) When Christ was on the cross, our sin was placed upon him, he than asked God, his Father, why he had turned his back on him, forsaken him, it is because again, God cannot look upon sin. When we sin we are momentairly seperated from God, just like Christ was, but not for as long XD. The punsihment for sin, based on the old testament (which christians do use :p), is DEATH, the standard for getting into heaven has always been PERFECTION, which we cannot acheive ALONE. But through Christ's blood covering us when God judges us, we can get into heaven.

The Spirit is living inside all of us, it is christ's (aka the son aka Jesus) gift to us. The Spirit can move inside of us and point to some things, an example of the spirit would be someone's inner-self (conscience) telling them right-from wrong; people know right from wrong naturally, my sunday school's teacher's son, when he was a little toddler, wasn't told stealing was bad. One night it was pretty close to dinner, about an hour or so, but he wanted a cookie to eat! He was told no more cookies, but still wanted a cookie, he took a cookie, and hid in his closet to eat it. Why hide in the closet? Because he knew it was bad, and it'd be a bad thing for him to be caught, thus he already has the sense from right to good, how? The Spirit
Another example of the spirit i can give is from my personal experience last sunday, there are this group of people that have been given batons for a leadership group in my church (forgot the name of the group XD) and i was instantly interested, and i felt something inside of me just burst out, the exact same feeling i had when i gave my heart to christ, that was the spirit moving inside of me to eventually ask about that group...
the living spirit is a powerful gift.

There are some...deeper and darker aspects of christianity that i was told about, it's the ever-war-torn-entaglement of Angles vs. Demons. Aparently they're invisible to us... when they want to be. I've heard countless stories of angles protecting people, and countless stories of witches and dark arts and crap, all those evil things = crazy people with special powers? NO, it equal crazy peopel drawing on the power of demons. Most people that dabble in the occult (occult = general reference to all things that's opposite the teachings of christianity such as divination, satan-worshiping, ect, btw, all these things god despises and loathes), most people that dabble in the occult will tell you that the power they use isn't from themselves.
You have to remember, God Cannot Sin, Satan Cannot Not Do Sin, in other words God only does Good works, while Satan can only do Evil works, that is how it's been since Satan fell from the angels.
Also, on a related topic, there is a set amount of angels and demons, i was hoping to be one after i died and gone to heaven..but nooooo i had to have my hopes CRUSHED...:( lol :grin:

Those are the basic principals of Christianity i was taught, wanna debate? Any questions? Oh, and btw, this godly love and christ's self-sacrifice thing, i believe it is meant for all, god loves all, no matter what you do, and no matter what you believe, i believe that christ still died for you, no matter what you say.

Level 7
The Father has always been in heaven, he cannot see sin, he is pure, holy, righteous, and knows nothing but his character. He has a character that he CANNOT step out of, loving, righteous, fair, jealous....and some others i can't remember :( Sometimes i wish i was a bible scholar XD

I believe that there are a handful of passages found in the bible that contradict God's stereotypical 'equal love and just for all life' image. Not only does he seem to contradict that image when he decides to strike down sick people with thunder, he is also at the same time breaking the very rules that his own religion preaches, though shalt not kill, or however it's pronounced. The bible to me is just a collection of fairy tales because there is no evidence to support whether the events told in the bible have actually happened. I mean after all the years of religion, there surely could have been some roman documents with writings of the whipping of Jesus or something like that found right? I also strongly refuse to believe a women can get pregnant without the required sperm cell to fertilize an egg.

The Spirit is living inside all of us, it is christ's (aka the son aka Jesus) gift to us. The Spirit can move inside of us and point to some things, an example of the spirit would be someone's inner-self (conscience) telling them right-from wrong; people know right from wrong naturally, my sunday school's teacher's son, when he was a little toddler, wasn't told stealing was bad. One night it was pretty close to dinner, about an hour or so, but he wanted a cookie to eat! He was told no more cookies, but still wanted a cookie, he took a cookie, and hid in his closet to eat it. Why hide in the closet? Because he knew it was bad, and it'd be a bad thing for him to be caught, thus he already has the sense from right to good, how? The Spirit
Another example of the spirit i can give is from my personal experience last sunday, there are this group of people that have been given batons for a leadership group in my church (forgot the name of the group XD) and i was instantly interested, and i felt something inside of me just burst out, the exact same feeling i had when i gave my heart to christ, that was the spirit moving inside of me to eventually ask about that group...
the living spirit is a powerful gift.

He hid because he was told by his father that he was unable to eat more cookies. If you're instructed by your parents to not do something, and you do it, you expect a punishment if you are caught by your parents. He hid in the closet because he obviously didn't want to face punishment and get away with eating that delicious cookie. Generally, if you're told by your parents that a certain action is wrong and you are warned not do it, you trust your parents and instantly realize that it's the wrong thing to do.

EDIT: Lol, excuse the large sum of grammar errors in my points, I get carried away when I get somewhat annoyed and I miss a few words.

Last edited:
Level 4
lol it's all right XD

Yes, it's odd how god says.. DON'T MURDER... than he said to joshua, go across the jordan river AND KILL EVERYBODY.....god isn't something i try to understand XD

Alright, i'll give you the cookie on the cookie thing :)

Level 4
I try not to understand God, yes, that's correct. (actually that's sort've a lie, i subconsciously try and do everything i can XD)
why? Well.....it's like trying to understand everything all at once, physics, advanced chemistry, streneuous calculus problems, all of the world's problems, all at once....That's how God is, he is Omnipident, Omniscient, Omni-everthing!!!
Since he's everywhere and made everything, and has a purpose behind everything he does, it's kinda hard to try to understand him all the time...sometimes it's obvious, but a lot of the time, it isn't so obvious

Yes, this thread is discussing christianity, Me and Elenai are two known believers here :D
You can ask anything

Sweet, now i know two other people, this is awesome ^.^

*gets his turmpet and does a fanfare* back to debates! XD

OOOH, i have a question that's sorta kinda might've a little bit been buggin me just a tad XD
Ghosts!

Ok...so God said that when we die, we either go into hell, or heaven, sweet, some people have experienced GHOSTS, and i believe them (why would millions and millions of people lie like that!!).
So...what are they?
My theory is that they're demons messin with us....DARN THEM!!
Yall's thoughts?

People reaching out to us!! That're already dead!
I guess, if God was okay with it, he could also allow some of us peeps that already died to reach out ot the real world maybe to tell somebody something, say ur father died, and yall didn't leave on such good terms, maybe God wants things to be better, no bitter feelings and all that, there's absolutely no reason i can think of that God would deny the father to reach out to his son and give him a message (say a note in Luke 15, the story of the prodigal son)

What do you guys think?

Level 13
I really, REALLY hope that when you pass away, you become ghost and float around the world forever, just watchin' people. I almost found out too. =[ I think if you see a ghost, it was someone that knew you watching you live out your life, which is a comferting (thats spelt wrong XP) thought, no?

Level 35
My view on disembodied dead usually varies case to case. But I know that spirits can wander the living world for a short time. Wether summoned by occult means or sent by God himself.

The passage in the bible were Saul seeks the aid of a medium, Samuel's spirit rises to meet them and the medium is suprised and Samuel says that Saul will die for seeking a medium instead of God.

That is one example.

And Fury dont be sad that you wont be an angel, Cause God promised an even greater reward.

Level 4
i love that passage ^^

He gets killed right after :)

And Samuel was MAD when he brought him, really, REALLY mad, XD I guess that means heavens gatta be awesome ^^

Ooooh, Medivh's Tower you escape my fingers! XD

Level 23
Uuuhm.. I thought the hell came in the story much later, in the middle ages, ah well, I've got a question (sorry people who already heard it ^^) If you kill someone who is good, and that person goes to heaven, do you yourself go to heaven too?

Level 4
If you don't openly deny christ ALL ur life, than yes

Paul, a New Testament Guy (helped A LOT with missionaries and early church) was a christian MURDERER, before christ appeared before him, blinded him, and he came to christ, later god removed his scales.

He went to heaven, and he murdered dozens of people, the answer, if you have given your heart to christ, is yes. You'll always go to heaven, if you've given ur heart to the trinity.

Level 4
So, say jack is a christian

are you saying the jack just kills people?
That's disregarding god, i wouldn't call jack a christian if he just killed people o_O

or, are you just saying Jack is a christian, killed a good person, and than he goes back to the way things were? Then at some point God would call on Jack to repent and tell his sins to the public, or at least his church or an accountability partner, after that i can officially say that He's been forgiven, but if Jack doesn't, he may or may not be forgiven.

Repenting and telling others of your sin is 100% guarentee that your forgiven of that sin, if ur keeping a dirty secret god usually tries to eat away at it to make it public.

God says he'll forgive you no matter what if your in christ, but he also says to repent and share your sins with eachother so that you can lean on eachother when needbe...what do you say Elenai?

Level 35
I can say this.

A saved person is guarenteed entrence into heaven no matter what he does afterward.

But the Holy spirit will press him to repent and he will eventually. If not he will face the nagging pressure to repent and guilt until he does.

Jorge would still go to heaven if he was saved, but as said above the Holy spirit would convict him to repent.

Level 23
I try not to understand God, yes, that's correct. (actually that's sort've a lie, i subconsciously try and do everything i can XD)
why? Well.....it's like trying to understand everything all at once, physics, advanced chemistry, streneuous calculus problems, all of the world's problems, all at once....That's how God is, he is Omnipident, Omniscient, Omni-everthing!!!
Since he's everywhere and made everything, and has a purpose behind everything he does, it's kinda hard to try to understand him all the time...sometimes it's obvious, but a lot of the time, it isn't so obvious

That's not trying to understand, that's trying to know everything. Understanding is easy (if something is logical).

Level 26
If God was omniscient, how does hell come into play? To be omniscient, you have to be everywhere, but Hell is everywhere god isn't. Contradiction? Or does that simply mean hell doesn't exist?

Level 35
Hell isnt every where.

Hell is a lower plane of existence. The prison of fallen angels and when man sinned it became their prison as well.

And I do agree with RDZ while we cannot know everything about God we can try to understand him even if we only understand a little.

Level 26
Hell isnt every where.

Hell is a lower plane of existence. The prison of fallen angels and when man sinned it became their prison as well.

And I do agree with RDZ while we cannot know everything about God we can try to understand him even if we only understand a little.
It's a place of which you are separated from god, which is impossible if god is everywhere.

Level 35
No he cuts of his presence from you.

Basically in hell his presence is there you but you cannot see or feel him. While living even the most evil person still feels God's presence even if he denies it or does'nt know about it.

In hell you are utterly alone in your sin and torment.

Level 9
my opinion?
its a bunch of bulls.
invented by greedy "priests" to take our money.
as any other religion.

Level 4
He's not ALWAYS everywhere, he has the power to do anything, he can cut specific places off from his presence, it's not like anything ISN'T within his power, but he CANNOT sin, look at sin, all he can do must be good, or for a greater purpose (such as putting me through suffering and pain to make me a better man or to show other people something, idk, some crazy stunt like that). His character is righteous, just, jealous, and PURE, pure = UNSINFUL, yes he CAN be everywhere at once, he's omniscient, but he can choose to not be at certain places.

and.... unfortunately....
some churches are just greedy!!!!

Those are very annoying, churches /priests / pastors whatever u want to call them, that have fallen into a higharchy are not of god anymore.

This is different from other religions, in other religions you have your works which get you in heaven, such as muslims, they try to have more good deeds than bad, wherein Christians, it's a free gift to go into heaven. This creates not only Christians to feel that they don't need to be part of a church, but it also creates unique and dynamic lifestyles, instead of other religions where they're in a box, so to speak.

Of course, fellowship is important in keeping your faith strong (if you're a believer) but if ur a guy who hates religion cause u think we're all greedy, okay, that's fine. It's not a good thing to admit, but some churches have fallen into that sin, so you have a good reason to say those things, but not ALL churches / christians / priests / or even other structures of other religions (Jews / Muslims), although SOME in each religion are greedy and trickin' us, a lot aren't, or i'd hope a lot :S

Understanding God : oooh i c what your getting at, ok, i guess i do try to understand him a lot (trying to get to know him through his character and word(Bible)) And what little i can learn about the purposes he has, i try and learn XD But sometimes it's best not to strain my head too much, like asking why he's making u suffer in the lowest point in your life, take Job for example XD

Level 35
That is false.

A religion like Christianity is impossible to fabricate.

1st because if it was fake the Jewish priests would have absolutly discredited it and it would have faded into history. It hasnt because they couldnt and thousands of people would not have suffered torture and death at Roman hands for a lie EPSPECIALLy the original 12 apostles who walked with Christ nearly every day.

2nd Christianity is supported by the Old testament and both the old and new testament are backed by archeological evidence.

3rd Christianity was not invented by priests. And even still the first priests of it were far from greedy. And not too mention Christianity spread like wild fire. If the priests were greedy and money pocketing the people would not have joined christianity and it would have ceased to exist. But it did'nt.

In other words Christianity is definatly not false.

Level 26
No he cuts of his presence from you.

Basically in hell his presence is there you but you cannot see or feel him. While living even the most evil person still feels God's presence even if he denies it or does'nt know about it.

In hell you are utterly alone in your sin and torment.
2 Thessalonians 1:9 said:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
God is not present in hell, and yet he's everywhere?

Level 35
Gods presence is in hell because God owns hell. It is Gods prison for Evil doers.

He simply doesnt let the denizens of Hell feel his presence. He makes them utterly alone.

God is present in all places at all times.

"to answer I will use my one of my water examples"
God is like water vapor at all places in a room, and he is like and ice cube also water but in one place and visible. but the ice and the vapor are still water and attached, and one.

Level 26
Gods presence is in hell because God owns hell. It is Gods prison for Evil doers.

He simply doesnt let the denizens of Hell feel his presence. He makes them utterly alone.

God is present in all places at all times.

"to answer I will use my one of my water examples"
God is like water vapor at all places in a room, and he is like and ice cube also water but in one place and visible. but the ice and the vapor are still water and attached, and one.

MySpaceBarBroke said:
2 Thessalonians 1:9 said:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
You deny what's in the Bible?

Level 4
they are two different branches of the same tree, momentairly christs' branch was literally cutt off and put into flames, after he was ressurected the branch was miraculously put back on the tree, restoring them together

Level 26
they are two different branches of the same tree, momentairly christs' branch was literally cutt off and put into flames, after he was ressurected the branch was miraculously put back on the tree, restoring them together
But Christ is omnipresent. He's in hell, and everywhere every time. Assuming he and his father were together at one time, that would make hell, not hell.

Level 4
Christ isn't god, he's a part of God sure, but you've got to understand that christ isn't everwhere, he's the son of god, so he has his limits also, but through god all things are possible, so through out his time on earth he'd go back from just healing people to healing them in the name of the father...he did both many times (first in his name while the second in his fathers name.

I don't think Christ is omni-present, god is though, although when sin is present in our hearts his presence leaves us, and since christ had all the sin that was EVER done put on him for thoes 3 days, God was seperated from him

Status
Not open for further replies.