• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No more religion in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
1.MORE crimes (religiuos people don't steal or killl)

i read an article explaining that athiests and agnostics are in the vast minority in north american prisons (percentage wise), with the highest being catholics i think. if i can find the data i will post it but i assure you its true, explain that.

6.WHO EVER SAID THAT SIENCE AND RELIGION IS MORTAL ENEMIES ???

they contradict eahc other alot and they will always compete, no matter how much you want them to work together usually they dont.

Level 1
I don't really think this thread answers The wand mirror's question. It's now more of a debate.

Anyway, I agree with L believer. Religion will probably still exist, but on a much smaller scale, as it seems as if there are more and more atheists these days. Most of the people that posted here appear to be atheists themselves.

As for my opinion, I believe in God and the Bible since I'm a Christian. I don't think religion is idiotic; if I understood correctly, most of the posts here either support or point toward this idea. I think religion is good, if it's put to good use, and is used properly.

I'm not really an expert on religions, but I think most religions are actually meant to guide people. (not fool them to get their money) But I think a lot of them have lost most of their true meaning.

P.S. I'd rather live like there's a God, even if there wasn't; than live like there wasn't, only to find out that there actually was a God. I like to play it safe. I don't really know that much about other religions, but based on Christianity, if you follow God, you'll get eternal life in heaven. I don't really see any benefit in being an atheist, aside from not needing to go to church and do any religious stuff.

P.P.S. Sorry if I offended any one with this post; just wanted to voice out my opinions. And sorry if this is going off-topic.
Anywho peoples, keep it civil or I'll start issuing warnings. Scythy is already on the short list
I hope I'm not there yet.

Level 12
I'm not really an expert on religions, but I think most religions are actually meant to guide people. (not fool them to get their money) But I think a lot of them have lost most of their true meaning.
Guide feels a bit wrong here since you are a believer. As a believer your religion is not just a guide to live a good life. It's the truth too you. Just like anything else you believe is true. Don't know it this is really good way too say it though. :/

P.S. I'd rather live like there's a God, even if there wasn't; than live like there wasn't, only to find out that there actually was a God. I like to play it safe. I don't really know that much about other religions, but based on Christianity, if you follow God, you'll get eternal life in heaven. I don't really see any benefit in being an atheist, aside from not needing to go to church and do any religious stuff.
You know the what is considered duties within the same religion can vary a bit. I'm a christian but I don't go to church. I don't see that I have any forced duties. God wants us to do things but he doesn't force anyone too. However your relation with God tends to weaken if you never "practise" it. I find praying enough. What I have been told is that every human has the task to spread christianity too others. Never by force. Instead get rid of their biases and give the real story and pray for them that God will somehow show himself to them. However I myself don't have enogh knowledge or curage to do it.

Btw do you see the bible as literal or symbolic? I see it as symbolic.

Level 27
I don't really think this thread answers The wand mirror's question. It's now more of a debate.
Anyway, I agree with L believer. Religion will probably still exist, but on a much smaller scale, as it seems as if there are more and more atheists these days. Most of the people that posted here appear to be atheists themselves.
As for my opinion, I believe in God and the Bible since I'm a Christian. I don't think religion is idiotic; if I understood correctly, most of the posts here either support or point toward this idea. I think religion is good, if it's put to good use, and is used properly.
P.P.S. Sorry if I offended any one with this post; just wanted to voice out my opinions. And sorry if this is going off-topic.
I hope I'm not there yet.

As first, this was not realy a question.. We can only speculate about what will happen can we? I think i just hope there will be no more religion..
I can think of it that all religions will perish (the old ones) and will be replaced by futuristic religions like worshipping a sun, or a planet. (just an idea) I also dont think religion is idiotic but i think its redicilous.. You are your own god, believing in something where i am sure off it simply is impossible to exist is just foolish .. i am my own god as i would say i dont rly fit into a religion because i dont like obeying to the rules, but i think many of the guys who say they are 'islamitic' or 'christian' dont obey serveral rules of there religion . I dont get why they say that they are religious? those are the biggest fools.. but whatever, religion was indeed USED by (bad/evil)priests in the medieval age to get money for themselves and they're friends. Also theres a possiblity that religions are just mistakes .. people where dumb in the medieval age/older ages compared to now, they had to believe in 'Poseidon' otherwise they couldnt explain how the waves where made in the water and how storms came.. they just had to give all the happenings a sort of .. well .. eh .. you could say a 'Explanation for unexplainable things' (by that time) but now we know better. If it wasnt for us being dumb in those years, religion maybe wouldnt even exist.

I mean now .. you can just say 'There is a god,and that god is our master and we must obey him Etc', no not in this time. But maybe back then some smart people made up a story about a person named 'God(s)' that control(led) the sky/ies and made waves, just to make money? or get an excuse on explenating how these things happend? And really, if people said once 'We are so fucked, lets invent a person named GOD and worship him' rly if that is the truth i would seriously L.O.A.T.H religious people .. But i dont think/hope thats the truth..

Also we here say (other then like christians and such) that: You live now on earth, and the earth is 'Heaven' and when you die you go to 'Hell'.
What i think is going to happen when i die? i dunno, i personaly started to believe in ghosts. I think you will be a ghost/spirit or a shadow of your former self and be able to wander the skies and the galaxy and even beyond. Or you could be evil and annoy people on earth, or stick to a beloved place on earth..
And being not religious means being not afraid for me, and at least i feel like i dont need a god to feel save ;)

And just the same as you said, i am just debating the subject :p

Level 10
Teh_Ephy said:
it was intentional, and if i was motivated enough i'd look up the name of that persuasive technique. it's something close to but absolutely not a concession.

It's satire I believe.

Teh_Ephy said:
your verb is missing its subject. i'm pointing it out because i'm sure we wouldn't want it or the readers of your post to get lost. i'm thinking of a word that starts with "h" and ends with "ypocrite". and no i don't care how trivially small what you said was, give me an excuse and i'll throw things at you.

My verb has a subject. The subject is we. If you're talking about the "pretty sure" part, there is this nice little thing in English that allows an "I" prefix to be void.

Level 21
http://www.atheistempire.com/reference/stats/index.html

this has some intresting atheist statistics.

one thing i think about is how atheists are the only people who are truly free, they do not have any rules apart from those of the nation. greater freedom usually leads to greater happyness and choice. most athiest choose to live moral lives. one argument to why there are so many christians in american prisons says about how christians can sub-conciously rebel against what they are forced to do, which leads to a concious action of some kind. i dont know how true this is but its intresting.

Level 24
It's satire I believe.
thank you very much.

My verb has a subject. The subject is we. If you're talking about the "pretty sure" part, there is this nice little thing in English that allows an "I" prefix to be void.
i believe that nice little thing would be "interpretation". and i said i didn't care how trivially small, if it's there i'll abuse it.

well since this little part seems to be winding down, holy flaming shit! this thread wasn't half as bad as it was the last time i posted to now!

regardless...

Religion was made up by people who wanted money, like others said, priests would demand for money for some Anonymous reson. Religion has influence people that they are controlled by "the lord" and they give up there own rights for him/her. It is a sad ordeal, because if you sinned, you would go to hell, whatever hell is of course, heck, it could be better then heaven, it could be a 100 star Hotel. But thats not the point here. All religion is peoples opinon because science proves them wrong, and science is never wrong with the right tecnology.
actually when the very FIRST religions and gods were created, i don't believe there were such things as money. i believe that people have said that religion has been SPREAD by people who want money and power, but the people that started it were trying to spread an honest message. what you're doing here is like shooting the mailman because your mailbox had mail stolen.

and by the way, science doesn't prove religion wrong in any way shape or form. science is the quest for knowledge. if you're going to say such controversial things, provide evidence.

In Christianity, god is a very powerful man who created the universe, Animals(Humans), power, destruction, everything. Jesus was born from the virgin Mary. And Satan is a guy who breaths fire and who knocks up children. There is absoutly NO evidence that there is Religon.
A)God isn't a "very powerful man". He may even be a She, or an It, and definitely NOT human. if you'd pay attention, humans are created in the IMAGE of God. that means that God is not human.
also when people are talking about like the goddess Amaterasu, do you just picture some japanese woman? do you picture the Amaterasu of that one PS game? or do you picture something else?

B)well okay then, who created the universe? Chuck Norris? i'm not particularly religious but i honestly would like to think that enough free-floating energy to become an entire universe of mass comes from nowhere. if you would like to ask me where God comes from, S/He's God. God does not need an origin.

People think that when something rare happens to them, "its a miracle OMG thank you lord!" Dude be quiet, you were just lucky; you know? lucky....from gambling, that lucky Nub. But you have to be joking......if you got a A+ on your school assignment and you think that god was on your side...you are just a dumb retarded kid who thinks that he don't have to study for the test, and when he does that test, he gets a big Ole jolly F for being stupid enough to beleive god will give you a A......
i believe that most gamblers don't attribute their luck to God.

if you got an A+ on an assignment it's because you worked hard for either the knowledge to create such an excellent assignment, or in the creation of the assignment itself. that is hardly coincidental enough to be attributed to God. maybe if you were expecting a C+ it you could thank God for that A, but people like that don't just go "I would like to thank God for giving me this A+, when i should be getting an F, by completely disregarding the upcoming test."

God exists as motivation towards morally just things, to help people help themselves. God does not exist to hand out free As to people that believe in Him/Her

And the last thing is, religion has brought war to many countrys. Iraq has 13 wars right now 11 are from religion and its going to end up a World War3 unless we start nukeing up the place like drunken mofos on a killing spree.
Your gona killa person because he doesn't beleive your god or religon and rejects it? WOW, I hope there is a nice warm cozy place in hell for you when you die. But if theres no hell where do you go? Michael Jacksons crib?
If people are stupid enough to kill eachother because of religion, then is it fair that we can go there and nuke everyones brains out because they don't beleive the Christian way? I don't think so.
ha... ha... ha. that's like blaming the mailman because you forgot to drop your cousin's presents off in time to get day-before-christmas mail. the people that started christianity and other religions that have been forced upon others did not intend to make profit or extend their influence. they wanted to spread the message of their God and apparently it worked because religions still exist.

about the nuking thing, if people ARE stupid enough to kill because of religion, then it is totally fair to nuke people for not being christian. maybe not fair for the kids that get nuked with the adults, but absolutely fair for the adults. if humans are stupid enough to nuke other humans over something as simple as a belief that they are not imposing on others, that becomes a war. and there happens to be a saying "all's fair in love and war". as in nothing is unfair.

If there was a world without religion, thousands of things will happen, but here are 5:
1:NO WARS!
2:WORLD PEACE
3:HAPPY PEOPLE
4:LESS MURDERS
5:TAKE OUT THAT DAMN "GOOD FRIDAY" SO WE CAN EAT SOME MEAT!
1: no, humans are jackasses, there would only be less wars.
2: you're restating your first thing, this one doesn’t count
3: as far as i'm concerned, unless you're on the wrong end of an overzealous practitioner's blade, religion actually increases happiness. not to mention that some peoples' lives are so irreparably messed up that they need someone like God to get them up on their feet again.
4: well see, that's mostly the war thing again. like it was previously said, unless the religion calls for violence people that are true to their religion are less violent. so looks like you’re at only 3 things.
5: so you're not religious but your honour good friday? why not stop, you don't follow any religions so theoretically you cannot end up in any hell.

Sorry if I cursed, be racist, be harsh, be mean, etc. I just wanted to put a piece of my mind on this thread. Btw, sorry for grammer and spelling, I suck at that stuff.
I at least forgive you. i mean i do the exact same stuff, so it's more like me forgiving myself, but i'm sure there are other people that will forgive you for the exact same reasons.

I can think of it that all religions will perish (the old ones) and will be replaced by futuristic religions like worshipping a sun, or a planet. (just an idea)
stars i can see, because everything in existence that is any more substantial than a large gas cloud (and indeed, some gas clouds anyways) are made by stars.
I also dont think religion is idiotic but i think its redicilous.. You are your own god, believing in something where i am sure off it simply is impossible to exist is just foolish .. i am my own god as i would say i dont rly fit into a religion because i dont like obeying to the rules, but i think many of the guys who say they are 'islamitic' or 'christian' dont obey serveral rules of there religion . I dont get why they say that they are religious? those are the biggest fools..
yes you are your own god, but many beliefs have hierarchies with lesser gods reporting to greater ones. since i enjoy saying things that aren't necessarily true but could be, maybe christianity is like that.

about the non-religious people calling themselves religious, compared to a lot of other people they probably are.
but whatever, religion was indeed USED by (bad/evil)priests in the medieval age to get money for themselves and they're friends.
sadly, everything you said was true.
Also theres a possiblity that religions are just mistakes ..
and for more reasons than any of us could possibly come up with, even if they're incredibly stupid reasons.
people where dumb in the medieval age/older ages compared to now, they had to believe in 'Poseidon' otherwise they couldnt explain how the waves where made in the water and how storms came.. they just had to give all the happenings a sort of .. well .. eh .. you could say a 'Explanation for unexplainable things' (by that time) but now we know better. If it wasnt for us being dumb in those years, religion maybe wouldnt even exist.
that's not being dumb, that's being ignorant with no way to rectify said ignorance. not to mention the fact that they didn't have any other way to explain waves. no waves in lakes, no waves in cups or baths, but they're there in the ocean.

I mean now .. you can just say 'There is a god,and that god is our master and we must obey him Etc', no not in this time. But maybe back then some smart people made up a story about a person named 'God(s)' that control(led) the sky/ies and made waves, just to make money? or get an excuse on explenating how these things happend? And really, if people said once 'We are so fucked, lets invent a person named GOD and worship him' rly if that is the truth i would seriously L.O.A.T.H religious people .. But i dont think/hope thats the truth..
i don't think the greeks profited because of their deities... and why wouldn't you create a powerful being to explain the unexplainable? contemporary scientists want answers to EVERYTHING, why can't ancient civilizations?

I can think of it that all religions will perish (the old ones) and will be replaced by futuristic religions like worshipping a sun, or a planet. (just an idea)
stars i can see, because everything in existence that is any more substantial than a large gas cloud (and indeed, some gas clouds anyways) are made by stars. planets i can’t really see, except for maybe earth.

I also dont think religion is idiotic but i think its redicilous.. You are your own god, believing in something where i am sure off it simply is impossible to exist is just foolish .. i am my own god as i would say i dont rly fit into a religion because i dont like obeying to the rules, but i think many of the guys who say they are 'islamitic' or 'christian' dont obey serveral rules of there religion . I dont get why they say that they are religious? those are the biggest fools..
yes you are your own god, but many beliefs have hierarchies with lesser gods serving under greater ones. since i enjoy saying things that aren't necessarily true but could be, maybe christianity is like that.

about the non-religious people calling themselves religious, compared to a lot of other people they probably are.
but whatever, religion was indeed USED by (bad/evil)priests in the medieval age to get money for themselves and they're friends.
sadly, everything you said was true.
Also theres a possiblity that religions are just mistakes ..
and for more reasons than any of us could possibly come up with, even if they're incredibly stupid reasons.
people where dumb in the medieval age/older ages compared to now, they had to believe in 'Poseidon' otherwise they couldnt explain how the waves where made in the water and how storms came.. they just had to give all the happenings a sort of .. well .. eh .. you could say a 'Explanation for unexplainable things' (by that time) but now we know better. If it wasnt for us being dumb in those years, religion maybe wouldnt even exist.
that's not being dumb, that's being ignorant with no way to rectify said ignorance. not to mention the fact that they didn't have any other way to explain waves. no waves in lakes, no waves in cups or baths, but they're there in the ocean.

i don't think the greeks profited because of their deities... and why wouldn't you create a powerful being to explain the unexplainable? contemporary scientists want answers to EVERYTHING, why can't ancient civilizations?

Also we here say (other then like christians and such) that: You live now on earth, and the earth is 'Heaven' and when you die you go to 'Hell'.
do you mean to say something like seize the day? because i think that most people that live like that don't believe that death just means hell.

What i think is going to happen when i die? i dunno, i personaly started to believe in ghosts. I think you will be a ghost/spirit or a shadow of your former self and be able to wander the skies and the galaxy and even beyond. Or you could be evil and annoy people on earth, or stick to a beloved place on earth..
well, you're absolutely missing the point you are inadvertently making. the idea of ghosts is as ridiculous to some people as the idea of any sort of god is to you.

And being not religious means being not afraid for me, and at least i feel like i dont need a god to feel save ;)
yup. no religion, no pesky afterlife to provide for. but at least let people do their own thing as long as that thing doesn't involve dragging you into said thing.

about the things where agnostics and atheists are only a very small minority in US prisons, i believe they're also a very small minority in the US. chances are high that if you are citing that as an example, the prison demographics will be drastically different than the demographics of the US overall. unfortunately, i have not seen the actual statistics for prison populations and as such can only attribute it to the fact stated at the beginning of this section-paragraph-thing.

and i'd answer to more of the things that Mecheon has said but in general Mecheon is right.
btw Mecheon, i don't think places like McDonald's and Burger King actually offer donuts for breakfast, but i think most donut places are open in time for breakfast.

Last edited:
Level 10
First of all --- you JUST SAID in thread called Cancer.... THAT YOU ARE RELIGIUOS !! Freakin hell ...

Like I said, I was sad that day and I wan't thinking, you know what sad people do, they do stuff and dont think...

Teh_ephy, uhhhh cant really comment on anything you typed, all I can say is, im sorry if my typing made you disunderstand me, im sorry that I wrote something that didnt make sense, and im glad that you forgive me:emote_laugh:

Level 19
I will never have the time to read all of these lame anti-atheist or pro-atheist comments, I just don't care enough about them to not scroll through them either. Anyway here's an explanation that will clear up all of your minds:

I call it:
KING BOB
Once there was a kingdom run by the not so great king bob, there was always crime and crude jokes around his castle, and he didn't want it anymore. So he made up a strange story about a ghost visiting him, and how it became his friend and would kill anybody who did bad to him. This stopped some of the crime, but he knew that threatening them won't make them happy and crime free. So he decided he needed a mix between the two, he made up a strange underworld and utopian afterlife, lets say Yes (Heaven) and No (Hell). If you were good, and DIDN'T DO CRIME or TELL CRUEL JOKES, you would go to Yes, which is a perfect place where you can be whatever you what. But if you were bad DID DO CRIME and TOLD CRUEL JOKES, you would go to a terrible place that punishes you every second, for all eternity.

Level 10
Anything you say bout religion can always be viewed as offensive by someone else, even if its just an opinion.

Too true. This reminds me of a song by John Lennon called Imagine.

magine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Level 27
well, you're absolutely missing the point you are inadvertently making. the idea of ghosts is as ridiculous to some people as the idea of any sort of god is to you.

Well its more likely ghosts would exist then a god, i mean if there is an afterlife .. where is it then? can we travel to it? 'No offcourse you cant, blablabla' earth and space are the only things here, and there maybe ghosts wandering true it (how the hell should i know, i believe it more then i would believe in a god) .. ok i just cant explain how unlikely it would be that 'God' rly exists .. he just doesnt exist, end of story .. if u say he exists ur brainwashed and i care about you :p im ejoying my time in heaven right now xD ..

I hope people will be conveinced of this in the future =/

EDIT - Reminder? didnt those christians say that the earth was once heaven? but it was destroyed or something? .. or was it 'The garden of god' =/

Level 5
Religion is a fools game, it's for those without the strength or power to get things done, instead they place there hope into fictional beings that can not exist in the realm of reality.

Religion is dictatorship, Thou shall now do this.... Thou shall not do that....

I shall do whatever I need to do when it needs to be done, no man or book can tell me otherwise.

Religion is suppresion of the human mind and nature, it is for the weak.

Ahaha... well... there my views on it anyway...

Level 8
People get too hung up on the idea of God and the reward of heaven which has stagnated most religions. I focus on the message, screw the reward. Being a good person makes me feel good, i dont need other people telling me what i can believe in and what i cant. The dogma of western religion baffles me, as if you need to prove to someone else that you believe in God.

Religion should be a personal thing that drives your own life, not the lives of those around you.

[off topic] Orca and Wand_mirror, prepare to get Teh_ephy flamed rofl[/off topic]

Level 5
lol, I fear no Flame!

These are my opinions and my views, I am entitled to them. And yes, it maybe offensive to others but nearly everthing a person says will be offensive to another person in some way shape or form.

If your a religious person then good for you, all Im saying is that I think your weaker for it. Im not gonna ball shit you, im honest and upfront about things, Im just expressing my opinion in the matter.

Religion is fine if it's a personal thing, keep it to yourself, your familey and your friends, don't preach it to others, thats imposing your will onto another person, that I don't agree with.

Level 21
I dunno about you guys, but I think it'd be rather ignorant to be atheist. Seeing as there's no way to prove either way.

yeh i agree. i think peope have the right to be atheists but if you cannot prove either way being an atheist just seems as if you are denying the possibility that God like entities exist. that sounds just as silly as those who have unwavering devotion to a God like entity (extreemists included).

yeh i agree. i think peope have the right to be atheists but if you cannot prove either way being an atheist just seems as if you are denying the possibility that God like entities exist. that sounds just as silly as those who have unwavering devotion to a God like entity (extreemists included).

If you think logically, it's far more probable that God doesn't exist.

Don't read if you get offended easily...

The first question might be, why would priests and other people say God exists then?
Because they believe in God themselves.

And why do they believe in God?
Because they have been teached to believe in God.

And why have they been teached to believe in God?
Because ages ago people needed a reason to live, when medicine was not very advanced and people died because of wars and diseases all the time, life was just work and misery for most of the people.

That's why they invented God, heaven and hell. Now people believed that they were going to have something good after life, if they worked hard and that they were going to have eternal punishment for bad behaviour and because God could see them all the time, they couldn't escape it in any way.

Of course that is not idiotproof, but that's how I see it.

Level 12
Meh let the professional tackle in.

In the future relligion will expand and become more various. I've talked to my college professor, we are currently undergoing a research based on comparative relligions. Here's the coolest thing.

A fairytale in India mention about the blindness of our society. It is said that once upon a time a king gathered a few men who were born blind. They were asked to describe an elephant, but each one was presented with only a certain part of it. To one was presented the head of the elephant, to another the trunk, to another its ears, to another the leg, the body, the tail, tuft of the tail, etc. The one who was presented with the head said: "The elephant is like a pot!" The one who was presented the trunk answered, "The elephant is like a hose." The one who touched only the ears thought that the elephant was a fan, the others said that it was a pillar, a wall, a rope, a brush, etc. Then they quarreled among themselves, each thinking that he was the only one right and the others were wrong. The obvious truth is that the elephant is a unity of many parts, a unity that they could not grasp in their ignorance.

Theoretically relligion will span more like the population, even with the growing liberalization in our society, truly we will become more free to believe in something we prefer to as our own preference.

We are also researching about why humans want to believe in religion. Aparently in the psychological side, we do need something to believe because we have a spiritual path, a hunger for divine truth. This can be a path to believing in fantasies, dreams, something beyond literal, god, and other stuff.

Level 6
Oh, you're just ASKING for the Mecheon patrol to come by, aren't you?"

Religious people are as likely to kill as anyone else. Even moreso if their doctrine calls for it

One word: Crusades. Actually, no religion would have LESS wars. Not sure if you noticed the current war happening over in Israel, but that's about religion as well. Oh, and once again, religion != just Christianity

No evidence to your claims

I'm agnostic and I'm perfectly happy. I don't need to believe in an omnipotent magic helper to make myself happy

Wait... You don't eat meat on Fridays? Well, that's a wonderful insight into your religion, however no all religions do this, so its null and void

Oh, and its called diets. Now, I'm well aware America has types of foods which cause me to boggle, however I'm quite sure some over there are aware less food means less fat

... Do you guys SERIOUSLY have donuts as a choice for breakfast?

Religion, when they went against science during the Rennasaunce

... Yeah, I can't spell

Exactly. So why this thread is around I don't know...

Anywho peoples, keep it civil or I'll start issuing warnings. Scythy is already on the short list

Some people are saying that they're religiuos , but their not. They do crimes and say "FU ! I AM A CHRISTIAN LOL ! FU BITCH ! FU POPE ! DIE ! I AM A CHRISTIAN , I AM GOING TO KILL MY SELF ! DIE BITCH , BECAUSE I AM CHRISTIAN !"... Like it's pretty hard to be christian , and only monks and priest can call themselves christians , because - christians CAN'T actually smoke (i don't smoke BTW) , and A LOT of people smoke saying their christians. A small quanity of people are really religiuos, because of theese times. The crusade wasn't for christianity. It was for pillage , and "holy quest" was like a shield. But I said Christian countries are frendlier for each other didn't I? In the past , people were greedy and dark.
BTW --- american food --- forst food I ever ate (McDonalds and stuff)

Level 24
i like that the people that are denying the possibility that God exists haven't explained to me how enough free-floating energy to create enough mass to form an entire UNIVERSE comes out of nowhere. when science can prove THAT, then i will agree that God probably does not exist. until then, i'm saying that S/He probably does even if S/He probably doesn't care about us.

Orca and Wand_mirror, prepare to get Teh_ephy flamed rofl
i'm just about to get to that! except for the flaming part. i'm not flaming, i'm making aggressive, aggravated, and often poorly/incompletely-backed counter-points. :emote_grin:

Well its more likely ghosts would exist then a god, i mean if there is an afterlife .. where is it then? can we travel to it? 'No offcourse you cant, blablabla' earth and space are the only things here, and there maybe ghosts wandering true it (how the hell should i know, i believe it more then i would believe in a god) .. ok i just cant explain how unlikely it would be that 'God' rly exists .. he just doesnt exist, end of story
but you STILL DON'T GET THE POINT. some people don't believe in ghosts or God and will argue about it until the people listening are blue in the face. the point isn't which one is more likely to exist, but that both ghosts and God have critics. about afterlives, you could prove that they exist/go to one by dying, but you wouldn't be able to share that knowledge with those among the living. TAKE A LOOK AT THE WORD. "after" + "life".

if u say he exists ur brainwashed and i care about you :p im ejoying my time in heaven right now xD ..
okay, but let's say God does exist and you get sent to an afterlife of suffering because you refuse to acknowledge the possibility of him. yes/no?

EDIT - Reminder? didnt those christians say that the earth was once heaven? but it was destroyed or something? .. or was it 'The garden of god' =/
i think the garden of eden was supposed to be paradise on earth? something like that

Religion is a fools game, it's for those without the strength or power to get things done, instead they place there hope into fictional beings that can not exist in the realm of reality.
A) God doesn't exist in the realm of reality, he exists outside it. how else could he create reality?
B)read what i said on the first page and think. could YOU devote your ENTIRE LIFE to something that is harshly criticized day in and day out? no? then that would make priests stronger than you, and that would make you weak and powerless

Religion is dictatorship, Thou shall now do this.... Thou shall not do that....

Religion is suppresion of the human mind and nature, it is for the weak.
lol you're thinking more about christianity than religion as a whole. i believe buddhism is actually about expansion of the human mind and nature. and how about wicca? how about any sort of african or native american religion? make sure you know what you're griping about before you gripe about it.

I shall do whatever I need to do when it needs to be done, no man or book can tell me otherwise
good for you

If you think logically, it's far more probable that God doesn't exist.
free floating energy! enough converted to matter to make billions upon billions of galaxies! did Chuck Norris create the universe then?

Don't read if you get offended easily...
i offend very easily. i even get offended for other people :emote_grin:

The first question might be, why would priests and other people say God exists then?
Because they believe in God themselves.

And why do they believe in God?
Because they have been teached to believe in God.

And why have they been teached to believe in God?
Because ages ago people needed a reason to live, when medicine was not very advanced and people died because of wars and diseases all the time, life was just work and misery for most of the people.
well okay, let's say they didn't create God and humanity became one big planet-full of depressed/suicidal mopes? that would make being emo cool!

That's why they invented God, heaven and hell. Now people believed that they were going to have something good after life, if they worked hard and that they were going to have eternal punishment for bad behaviour and because God could see them all the time, they couldn't escape it in any way.
okay, but they could pick between Choice A and Choice B. they could give their lives some meaning if at the time, if life was so bad and people would routinely die left and right.

Of course that is not idiotproof, but that's how I see it.
if i'm even making counter-points about it, you bet it's not idiot-proof. in fact, they haven't made an idiot-proof argument for or against God. that's why this has become a debate.

In the future relligion will expand and become more various. I've talked to my college professor, we are currently undergoing a research based on comparative relligions. Here's the coolest thing.

A fairytale in India mention about the blindness of our society. It is said that once upon a time a king gathered a few men who were born blind. They were asked to describe an elephant, but each one was presented with only a certain part of it. To one was presented the head of the elephant, to another the trunk, to another its ears, to another the leg, the body, the tail, tuft of the tail, etc. The one who was presented with the head said: "The elephant is like a pot!" The one who was presented the trunk answered, "The elephant is like a hose." The one who touched only the ears thought that the elephant was a fan, the others said that it was a pillar, a wall, a rope, a brush, etc. Then they quarreled among themselves, each thinking that he was the only one right and the others were wrong. The obvious truth is that the elephant is a unity of many parts, a unity that they could not grasp in their ignorance.
i've actually heard the entire (or maybe just one of many) rhyme/poem for that. it's on pages 5-7 of The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman.

Theoretically relligion will span more like the population, even with the growing liberalization in our society, truly we will become more free to believe in something we prefer to as our own preference.

We are also researching about why humans want to believe in religion. Aparently in the psychological side, we do need something to believe because we have a spiritual path, a hunger for divine truth. This can be a path to believing in fantasies, dreams, something beyond literal, god, and other stuff.
like i said about contemporary scientists, they want answers, why can't ancient villagers?

Some people are saying that they're religiuos , but their not. They do crimes and say "FU ! I AM A CHRISTIAN LOL ! FU BITCH ! FU POPE ! DIE ! I AM A CHRISTIAN , I AM GOING TO KILL MY SELF ! DIE BITCH , BECAUSE I AM CHRISTIAN !"... Like it's pretty hard to be christian , and only monks and priest can call themselves christians , because - christians CAN'T actually smoke (i don't smoke BTW) , and A LOT of people smoke saying their christians. A small quanity of people are really religiuos, because of theese times. The crusade wasn't for christianity. It was for pillage , and "holy quest" was like a shield. But I said Christian countries are frendlier for each other didn't I? In the past , people were greedy and dark.
last time i checked, protestants and catholics kind of hate each other. like you know the KKK hates immigrants, minorities, and catholics? they're all protestant. like the US didn't start as a christian nation, but as a protestant nation.

Level 10
i like that the people that are denying the possibility that God exists haven't explained to me how enough free-floating energy to create enough mass to form an entire UNIVERSE comes out of nowhere. when science can prove THAT, then i will agree that God probably does not exist. until then, i'm saying that S/He probably does even if S/He probably doesn't care about us.

First of all, you have yet to prove how a BEING comes out of nothing, much less a mass of particles and atoms.

If Antimatter and Matter collide, they create more matter and a massive explosion, both are found in myriads in space. Which could support the Big Bang Theory.

Level 24
First of all, you have yet to prove how a BEING comes out of nothing, much less a mass of particles and atoms.
okay, but i believe one of the aspects of a god is that s/he just is, without need of explanation or origin, whether they happen to have one or not. i'll admit that most gods do have origin stories, though.

If Antimatter and Matter collide, they create more matter and a massive explosion, both are found in myriads in space. Which could support the Big Bang Theory.
this probably sounds more juvenile to you than it does to me, but then where did that antimatter and matter come from?

Level 27

You mean they hunger for power ? more convidence? .. and they get a religion? or what?

Level 7
Well a good example is Warhammer 40k. In 40k the emporar of humanity proves that religion is wrong with out a shadow of a doubt and his evidence cant be denied because it is all truth and undisputable. Then the emporar is killed and humanity loses the only thing that held them together and every1 beleives that the emporar isnt dead that hes imortal and an all that jass. So in short humanity will always find sumthing to worship wether it really there or they made it up.

Level 7
but really u must also think if god made us from nothing then who made god and who made god's god... (hopefully i wont get smited) :/

Level 27
but you STILL DON'T GET THE POINT. some people don't believe in ghosts or God and will argue about it until the people listening are blue in the face. the point isn't which one is more likely to exist, but that both ghosts and God have critics. about afterlives, you could prove that they exist/go to one by dying, but you wouldn't be able to share that knowledge with those among the living. TAKE A LOOK AT THE WORD. "after" + "life".

okay, but let's say God does exist and you get sent to an afterlife of suffering because you refuse to acknowledge the possibility of him. yes/no?

i think the garden of eden was supposed to be paradise on earth? something like that

Okay .. i will explain the thing i cant explain ..

GOD: He has done 'Miracles' but no further things? ..

GHOSTS: They have scared/healed and protected people? ...

And i dont believe in the afterlife -.- ... yeah maybe theres life after it but it sure isnt a paradise.

Shall i prove it to you? .. i kill you :p

And second, YES .. i WOULD take and accept the suffering because i dont BELIEVE (!!!!!!) in god .. you know? even if he exists i dont believe in him.. b.e.l.i.e.v.e: Means THINKING/HOPING that there is something :)

. Yes the garden of eden was 'Destroyed' but thats just a lie .. its still there and WE live on it..

Im gonna watch tv now :p

Well a good example is Warhammer 40k. In 40k the emporar of humanity proves that religion is wrong with out a shadow of a doubt and his evidence cant be denied because it is all truth and undisputable. Then the emporar is killed and humanity loses the only thing that held them together and every1 beleives that the emporar isnt dead that hes imortal and an all that jass. So in short humanity will always find sumthing to worship wether it really there or they made it up.

Thx, but i think we already discovered this.. or did somebody else already tell this? anyway ur repeating something xD

Level 12
I would define "believe" a word when you use among people you know might not agree with you. To you, it's a fact.

About things come out of nothing, the idea is that God exists outside space and time so there is no "when" to talk about. And God isn't limited to logics.

What do you mean? I know I you don't take it for real so I don't have to explain the sentence, but God does miracles today.

Level 8
Hehe Ephy was poking fun at your "aggressiveness" :p. Anywho, one of the reasons humans may have invented the concept of a divine figure is that were are the only species on the planet that is actually aware of our mortality. We know we will die and we know we can't avoid it.

What we fear is the unknown, which is what happens after death. So the idea or presumption of a God may have been invented just to fill this void. To allow some assurance to people and give them a purpose in life.

My HUGE beef is with people that take the freaking bible at its literal value. How stupid do you have to be to think everything talked about happened word for word?

Level 24
Okay .. i will explain the thing i cant explain ..

GHOSTS: They have scared/healed and protected people? ...
so does that mean you don't believe in ghosts?

And i dont believe in the afterlife -.- ... yeah maybe theres life after it but it sure isnt a paradise.
you can't say for sure that it isn't, even if you don't believe in it.

Shall i prove it to you? .. i kill you :p
if it's painless i'm game.

And second, YES .. i WOULD take and accept the suffering because i dont BELIEVE (!!!!!!) in god .. you know? even if he exists i dont believe in him.. b.e.l.i.e.v.e: Means THINKING/HOPING that there is something :)
that's actually great, sticking to your guns like that.

Yes the garden of eden was 'Destroyed' but thats just a lie .. its still there and WE live on it..
i think humans were actually banished from the garden, and not that it was destroyed. i'm not even close to 100% sure though.

Level 12
My HUGE beef is with people that take the freaking bible at its literal value. How stupid do you have to be to think everything talked about happened word for word?
I dare not say most but alot of christinas (me included) takes the bible mostly sumbolicly. An interrsting things is that the mark that the book of revelation tells about seem similar to the buy chip which is on it's way from what I know. "Only the ones with the mark of the beast will be able to buy things." Don't know the sentence exactly.

so does that mean you don't believe in ghosts?
i think humans were actually banished from the garden, and not that it was destroyed. i'm not even close to 100% sure though.
From what I know, eden was/ is another reality just like heaven and hell and humans were sent to earth or something. Not sure if eden might be the same as heaven though.

Level 8
Yeah i've heard about hte chip, goes in your forearm and keeps track of all your credit. THats the eerieist prediciton. However it ohpefully wont pass just due to the biblical reference of it. Plus it seems like a huge invasion of privacy in my opinion. Since they know where you are 24/7.

It also seems like theyre putting a barcode on you. You're essentially a walking credit card

Level 27

Well? Why are we still here then? =/

Can we get a christian somewhere!?!? .. or .. i'll ... buy .. one .. =)

Note - last few posts i was a bit angry .. and now the tv is not working im so pissed i refuse to go to bed :p

Level 5
@Teh_Ephy:

I was just picking on christianity earlier, the only religion I will aknowledge is Budism, no church, no real sacrifice. . . just be a good person, but you dont need to belong to a religious faction to do that. . .

But still there is a greater chance of intelligent life on other planets. . .

Level 24
Hehe Ephy was poking fun at your "aggressiveness" :p.
but it is fun :emote_grin:

Well? Why are we still here then? =/

Can we get a christian somewhere!?!? .. or .. i'll ... buy .. one .. =)

Note - last few posts i was a bit angry .. and now the tv is not working im so pissed i refuse to go to bed :p
yeah, we need someone well-versed in the bible in this argument. and i guess it's okay that you've made angry posts, i have too. :emote_grin: i just forgave myself again

@Teh_Ephy:

I was just picking on christianity earlier, the only religion I will aknowledge is Budism, no church, no real sacrifice. . . just be a good person, but you dont need to belong to a religious faction to do that. . .
then say christianity instead of "religion"

But still there is a greater chance of intelligent life on other planets. . .
maybe there is, maybe there isn't

Level 4
But buddhism is a philosophy

Bleh, I've heard from many Buddhists that Buddhism is not a philosophy or a religion, sort of in between.

1:NO WARS!
2:WORLD PEACE
3:HAPPY PEOPLE
4:LESS MURDERS
5:TAKE OUT THAT DAMN "GOOD FRIDAY" SO WE CAN EAT SOME MEAT!

How can you say that? Have your gone back in time, changed the time stream, and come back to find a perfectly serene world?

Level 12
You mean they hunger for power ? more convidence? .. and they get a religion? or what?

Indeed, the misconseption between meaning of 'truth' is. Truth, knowledge, 'knowing', is one step of advancement.

You are right, it is power and convidence, that is why alot of people like the muslims pray 5 times a day or the christians go to church to seek forgiveness, they need convidence.

However do not mislead this with relligion being the source of crime in reality. Since itself functions for the needs of many people, smart folks take advantage over it for power, political and economicly.

Why don't animals believe in religion? Because they do not have the intelligence to think further.

Why do us believe in religion? Because they are smart enough to make a tool of power that can overcome their fears.

Level 2
No more religoin in da future?

:emote_naw: Wow hethen party LOL! Ever think that GOD put planets in the galaxy and universe to keep our minds busy on other things. Also, don't say "God person" it's rude kinda, don't you think believing in good ghosts but not in GOD is kinda contridictory?!
BTW: Demons and IHateRedNecks the Catholic church has been and probably will be a bit messed up, personally Buddism works for me pretty much except for nothing about GOD there, I'm a little vauge on Hinduism and Buddism, so correct me if I'm wrong please!:emote_huh: :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Pretty well put dude, but christians dont need to go to church every sunday and crap to go to heaven. Just some churches such as Catholics believe that.:emote_grin:

Level 25
I'll give you some time to merge your three posts into one. If you do not do it, I will give you a neg-rep. Use the edit button

Also, use the quote function, because no one knows which posts you're actually talking about

Level 22
Hmm...I figure religion would be one of the forbidden topics on this site...

There are 3 kinds of topics that are 100% guarenteed to start flame wars or at least heated "debates" then braught to the table;

1. Politics
2. Religion
3. Race/nationality

Please exercise caution and common sense when brining ANYTHING that invloves those 3 topics into any forums, for the sake of maintaining at least a minimal level of harmony.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.