• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No more religion in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Once a christian astronaut landed on the moon and killed himself because of the fact he saw the earth just as a tiny planet when he was on the moon. And when he looked around he realized there where millions of other planets bigger then our little planet.

My question .. Will we ever cruise into space colonizing other planets, and will religion collapse because of this? I mean the most religions think the humans are the most important creatures. If there are others out there, why would that god person created them? as enemies for us? And besides that, the most islam, christian, and other religious guys i talked to do NOT believe in other lifeforms and also dont know much about the galaxy... thats pretty foolish :p

PS - Oh yeah, and i also dont believe in god.. The things that happen on earth we call 'Miracles' i dont think they where done by 'God' but by something else... I think it where good ghosts or other things like this.. (Still doubt of ghosts .. but)

Level 25
No. Religion won't collapse because of expanding into space. The acts of one are not the acts of many

It'll just be modified. People won't give a stuff that there are bigger planets than Earth, they'll either just

1. Not give a damn
2. Think that Earth's the best one anyway despite being smaller

You want an example of what people will think when they come across other creatures? Well, seeing as science and religion tend to be mortal enemies, it'll be the scientists who come across 'em first and they'll think "Hey look, life on other planets! Cept its dumb and miles away!"

Religious people who have some concept of intelengence (IE: Not fundamentalists. I LOATHE fundamentalists) will think that they were just placed there by their respective creation thing, seeing as the odds of finding another intelegent race are slim so they'll pretty much be like most other animals so no religious conflict there

Now, if we encounter an intelegent one, then... Yeah, war will happen. I have no doubt of this

As for miracles, I have no evidence they even happen to begin with

Level 27
Indeed, also the will be something super natural like Ghost-guards ... our ancestors that guard over us still ONE single powerfull guy can not do this all by himself..

My opinion (not to be offended i live in holland :p): People who a religious are what i think 'Weak' they have to believe that a certain person is helping them to get true there lives. It sometimes helps.. but i believe in myself .. yes if would ask me 'What you think of religion' then i could probably say it sux and i hate it .. (Dunno if this is racism but you can/i delete if it is)

EDIT - hehe :p also mecheon i hope when i died, they will find enemy alien lifeforms with technology so high humans dont stand a chance .. bye bye god :p

Level 8
We will always have some form of religion. No, I don't think we'll have all the same religions we do today. People tend to want to have something to believe in, something that they can place faith and trust in in the hopes of getting something back.

Level 12
Few religions says anything about our planet and solar system. The old christian church made up alot of bullshit. Those old priests were more after money and controling than spreading their religion to other people. One thing was what I would translate to "forgivness of sins" where people could get forgivness by paying gold to the church.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That thing of "God created this and that"... the bible was written by men. Therefore, it's just a big thing out of a book that should have never been written. We could be respectfull people and many were once treated like animals. The church was created to steal the people's money, in my opinion.

Level 10
I believe that humans are just another organism, our minds just happened to have developed better. As for "miracles", I believe that they were nothing more than illusion, kind of like today's magic. If you were to send David Blaine or Chris Angel to the time of Jesus, people would be like "OMG! DEVIL!" or "OMG! IT'S JEEBUS!". Probably the former seeing as they're both incredibly creepy...

Level 12
Well if you believe in the events in the bible actually happened it's a bit difficult to make ressurection a trick. When they took down the body from the cross the checked if he was dead just like with everyon else by stabbing some part of the body which fills with blood only if the body is dead and it bled just like anyone else.

If you are interrested in questions about christianity I can recommend a book callled "Letters from a skeptic".

Level 21
well sometimes a religion, or cult, can be a group of people worshipping something. there will always be people worshipping stuff, i mean ffs people can be the religion jedi i mean if u can worship star wars you can do anything. so yeh religion will probably carry on forever, no matter what crazy thing is believed in.

Level 24
there will still be religion because some people NEED something to believe in. about people who can't believe in themselves being weak, the fact that they are capable of absolutely devoting themselves to something actually shows a fair amount of strength. like clergymen (who don't molest children) are way up there with teachers (the good ones) and firemen. sometimes people get so messed up they need something that can offer hope, and people aren't really good at offering hope to other people.

Level 8
Religion will simply alter itself as man spreads into space (if we survive that long).
Science and religion will most likely work together in some way in the distant future. Science tries to understand the universe and religion works to understand the human role in the universe. Once people realize these are just two pieces to the same puzzle, they will be a lot more content about them. As technology and our understanding of the universe and planets around us expands, so will the sights of religion. The three main religions in the world have a short sighted view of the universe and because of this, they rely heavily on otherworldly forces and many of their predictions will probably never come to pass. As we start to understand how far time will stretch on in the distance in this universe we will start to form a broader, more long term picture of religion and any divine forces playing the field.

Besides,If you look back in time, almost every major action of the Church has been political in some way or another. Such as the excommunication of the Venetian government by Pope Paul V and placing an interdict on the entire city because they refused to repeal two laws concerning clergy real estate and the the construction of churchs without civil permission. The Crusades were also called for so the Church could extend their power to the east. And of course they manipulated peoples beliefs in God and the church with the invocation of papal infallability by Pope Pius XII. This claim attempted to cement Papal authority and increase their political influence on European governments. Many previous Popes in history have been corrupt and try to twist of the population for their own gains.
The Church also attempted to repress Protestantism such as Lutheranism because only kept two of the many systems of sacrements in place by the Church. THe church was outraged by this and excommunicated Martin Luther and declared him an outlaw with the Edict of Worms. Honestly, what's wrong with finding God through yet another faith that adheres to the same beliefs as yours, but does not require all of the tedious rites and rituals so you can prove your faith to someone else?
Religion is simply another political tool to chisel out a following of supporters for your cause.

Level 4
Please, don't say that.

Corrupt Western Religion can be that, but look at Buddhism? Is that a political tool? What about Native American Spiritualism?

One that that pisses me off infinitely in our society is how some atheists might look upon me. If I say I believe in God, I'm labeled as "OMG IDIOT!" or something related to that. I know this is against all Atheist Philosophy, but science can't explain everything.

Level 8
Besides,If you look back in time, almost every major action of the Church has been political in some way or another

By Church i mean the Catholic Church/Papacy, hence the capitalization and only using its actions as my supporting evidence :)
I honestly like buddhism. Its a way to find inner peace which i think should be our main goal in life. But buddhism is a philosophy on how to live your life, it is not a religion and Sidhartha even stated he did not want to be transformed into a religious idol.

And if you accept in the Uncertainty Principle, science even states it cannot explain or calculate everything.

Level 4
My Opinion:
There's religion in future, just only few people care about it. 0.5% maybe?? Why? Because only 1 from thousand childs (that will became the parents in the future) care about religion

Level 12
Please, don't say that.

Corrupt Western Religion can be that, but look at Buddhism? Is that a political tool? What about Native American Spiritualism?

One that that pisses me off infinitely in our society is how some atheists might look upon me. If I say I believe in God, I'm labeled as "OMG IDIOT!" or something related to that. I know this is against all Atheist Philosophy, but science can't explain everything.
The thing is that people still think that the christian god is the god of the gaps. Science tells how. God tells why.

Level 10
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I consider religion a simple way to explain that which cannot yet be explained by science. I mean, the Greeks believed that Apollo drove the sun across the sky with a chariot to explain the setting sun. We now know that the Earth rotates, causing this to happen.

Level 19
I'm ALREADY AN ATHEIST! Space won't make much of a difference for me, the idea of god seems stone age to me, in fact it seems almost retarded. It makes absolutely no since, the creator theory can be disproven so easily it's unbelievable, I've even proven to my brother there is no god, now he's also an atheist! Religion just... I don't know it just doesn't do it for me.

Level 10
It's also interesting to see that most great thinkers believe that there is no god.

Socrates was killed for impeity(unrighteousness by virtue of lacking respect for a god - Princeton).

Einstein kind of did.

The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naive. However, I am also not a "Freethinker" in the usual sense of the word because I find that this is in the main an attitude nourished exclusively by an opposition against naive superstition. My feeling is insofar religious as I am imbued with the consciousness of the insuffiency of the human mind to understand deeply the harmony of the Universe which we try to formulate as "laws of nature." It is this consciousness and humility I miss in the Freethinker mentality. Sincerely yours, Albert Einstein.

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."
-Thomas Jefferson

"So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a damned fake... Religion is all bunk."
-Thomas Edison

"Philosophy itself cannot but benefit from our disputes, for if our conceptions prove true, new achievements will be made; if false, their refutation will further confirm the original doctrines.
-Galileo

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."
-Ben Franklin

"Atheism is the voice of a few intelligent people."
-Voltaire

From the age of forty he was, to use his own words, a complete disbeliever in Christianity. He professed himself an Agnostic, regarding the problem of the universe as beyond our solution, "For myself," he wrote, "I do not believe in any revelation. As for a future life, every man must judge for himself between conflicting vague probabilities."
-Charles Darwin

Level 8
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I consider religion a simple way to explain that which cannot yet be explained by science. I mean, the Greeks believed that Apollo drove the sun across the sky with a chariot to explain the setting sun. We now know that the Earth rotates, causing this to happen.

Explaining the unexplainable is often a step to finding a human purpose in the universe. Religion is not around just to explain things that baffle the human psyche. By figuring out the nature of reality and explaining what forces drive the universe, we find a niche we can place ourselves in and the easiest one to find is one that includes putting our faith in higher powers. This is why idols, figures and mythological dieties are used to explain phenomenon rather than idiotic thoughts such as "the sun moves becuase the universe is spinning like a figure skater".

Religion should simply be a system that guides human morality and good behavior. In essence, that is what each religion is about. However it is so distorted by organizations and required customs it is often forgotten and people only do it for the selfish reward of some sort of salvation.

Level 24
okay i personally don't believe that any sort of inexplicable being actively engages in the pursuit of improving human lives, but all you God-bashers in here are FUCKING RETARDS. the ENTIRE POINT of God (or gods) is that He/She/they is/are there when science fails, and that area will be there until the end of time because humans can't calculate irrational numbers until they're done. you can't prove gods do/don't exist because their entire existence is by definition beyond human understanding.
whether the bible is right or not, fact or fiction, hard truth or spin, it has some damn good morals.
also, God-bashers, you are forcing your own opinions on people who certainly neither not want nor need, and in many cases even appreciate, them, which i believe to be something called fascism. it's not your place to tell people what to believe unless you can prove not only that it is true, but that the opposite is not true. as such, you cannot go around telling people that gods do/don't exist, because you cannot truly understand any facet of them except that they are powerful. people like you are the reason things like the crusades happened. YES, people like YOU. the CRUSADES. it doesn't matter what side you're fighting for, as long as you've got the wrong mindset, which you do.
you're free to preach whatever the hell you want as long as it remains ONLY preaching. anything that even comes close to directing and you need to stop. even priests don't direct what you should do, they provide examples and positive ways of interpreting their morals.

and besides, religious wars are half the fun of history class. would you want your great^12 grandchildren to miss out on that?

Level 21
I consider religion a simple way to explain that which cannot yet be explained by science.

this is what religion orginally was, when it was young and science did not really exist. i think during the middle ages religion became more a kind of control, something to keep people in line while still giving hope and an explaination. today i think it is something to hold on to, but as science takes over people are letting go.

i myself am agnostic.

idiotic thoughts such as "the sun moves becuase the universe is spinning like a figure skater".

tbh if you were to track a symetrical movement of a figure skater around fixed replicatable point from above i dont see why our (or any number of multiple/parallel) universe(s) couldnt have entities that move like that, considering the enities as fixed in a singular plain.

Level 10
First of all, reading that made my brain hurt. Try using little things like grammar and formatting. It really helps. :)

Teh_Ephy said:
but all you God-bashers in here are FUCKING RETARDS.

No one in here is God bashing. You're the only one in here bashing.

Teh_Ephy said:
the ENTIRE POINT of God (or gods) is that He/She/they is/are there when science fails,

That's a matter of opinion. Try not to "force" your opinion upon me.

Teh_Ephy said:
and that area will be there until the end of time because humans can't calculate irrational numbers until they're done.

Pretty sure we can calculate irrational numbers. We don't need our gods to do this. This segment is completely irrelevant.

Teh_Ephy said:
whether the bible is right or not, fact or fiction, hard truth or spin, it has some damn good morals.

I have yet to see anyone argue this, this is a pretty commonly accepted fact. Even atheists agree to this. I don't think I've ever come across someone saying the Bible has no good morals.

Teh_Ephy said:
also, God-bashers, you are forcing your own opinions on people who certainly neither not want nor need, and in many cases even appreciate, them, which i believe to be something called fascism.

So far, the only person in here forcing opinions is you. Next time try not to be so ignorant. Thanks :)

Teh_Ephy said:
it's not your place to tell people what to believe unless you can prove not only that it is true, but that the opposite is not true. as such, you cannot go around telling people that gods do/don't exist, because you cannot truly understand any facet of them except that they are powerful.

You're right. Like I've said thrice before, no one here has forced opinions on anyone but you.

Teh_Ephy said:
people like you are the reason things like the crusades happened. YES, people like YOU. the CRUSADES. it doesn't matter what side you're fighting for, as long as you've got the wrong mindset, which you do.

Hmmmmmmm, people like me? You're the one swearing and yelling. At any rate, the original point of the Crusades was to regain the Holy Land, an area of conflict since the time of Abraham. Then some greedy, corrupt people of the Catholic Church decided to spread religion on the way. This is what happens when religions get to powerful.

Teh_Ephy said:
and besides, religious wars are half the fun of history class. would you want your great^12 grandchildren to miss out on that?

Does this not completely contradict your argument that religious wars are bad?

By the way, you suck at writing.

-------------------------------

I didnt say gravity was a more idiotic explaination than Apollo. In fact, i never even mentioned gravity.

Yes, but you said the spinning about like a figure skater was idiotic. I just figured you meant that science is idiotic compared to religion. If I misunderstood you, please rephrase what you meant. = /

Level 8
Lmao i didnt even read what that guy says due to the insane block of text. Honestly dude....your 'facts" are wayyy off. Your explaination for the Crusades...I laughed, honestly.

you cannot go around telling people that gods do/don't exist, because you cannot truly understand any facet of them except that they are powerful. people like you are the reason things like the crusades happened.
The Crusades happened the Byzantine empire asked for aid with the Seljuk turks. The Pope used this as an excuse to call for the liberation of the holy land of Jerusalem. And by the way, the Turks were MUSLIM. That means they have a God. They did not denounce God in anyway, they simply had another view of God and different customs. This attitude is what caused so much distrust between Muslims and Christians for so many hundreds of years.
Please open up a history book once and a while.

God-bashers, you are forcing your own opinions on people who certainly neither not want nor need, and in many cases even appreciate, them, which i believe to be something called fascism.

Just so you know....Fascism is the glorification of the state over the individual. It involves a strong centralized, authoritarian government. I have no idea where you got this definition from friend.

@Lorothrigs: Sorry if i came off as antiscience haha. What i meant to get across was that when you have absolutely no clue how something works, its much easier to have an intelligent figure controlling it. Gravity is something that can be demonstrated on both the large and small scale so it is no way idiotic. But before such things could be demonstrated, it would be much easier to point to a divine parent figure and say they are the cause and that they will take care of you like a parent.

I suppose I chose a poor example. How about "The sun moves because it is placed upon the forehead of a kangaroo that likes to ride carousels" rofl.

Level 10
Actually, his definition of fascism is correct.

"A philosophy or system of government that is marked by stringent social and economic control, a strong, centralized government usually headed by a dictator, and often a policy of belligerent nationalism." (From The American Heritage Dictionary)

Which is basically the Only thing he got right. Lol.

Level 8
There are other types of government that impose religion among its people. Forced religion is just one part of fascism. But forced religion does not equal fascism. Its one of those "A square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square" situations.

Level 8
Then this post was pointless...

And Loro, it could be called many things: totalitarianism, authoritarianism etc etc. Fascism recalls such negative regimes as those of Hitler and Mussolini and attempts to demonize athiesm. It was a very poor use of the word.

Level 31
Technicaly, that would be Malevolent Theocracy, like the Empire in 40k.

Truthfuly, I don't think religion will disapere, it will just have to do the samething that every thing else dose, evolve. Ohhhhhhh the irony. But what I mean by that is this: Religions will either have to adapt to the new circumstances, or die out to be replaced by new stuff.

List of Religions I think will survive:
Bhudism
Ancestor Worship
Native American Animism
Judism (one of the oldest ones out there)
Christianity(its just to damn big, and there are odd sects)

List of Religions I think will NOT survive:
Islam (if their radicals keep it up, there'll be nothing left of them)
Scientology(The day we find another Sentiant Species, and they say "Xeno Who?" it's dead.)
Hinduism
Variouse small aborigional religions.

Level 8
"The broad mass of a nation...will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one."
~ Adolf Hitler

Even if religion is fake, the morals are just as important and those are things that need to persist throughout human society and civilization if we are to make any progress. If people need to believe in a God - even a nonexistant one - to maintain such morality, it is not something that should be obstructed.

Level 21
well religion isnt exactly bad, even if you dont believe in it and think its all crap you have to respect that people are willing to devote their live to try to help others. whether you think they help or not that takes some doing and i wouldnt want to be a preist or monk because i couldnt do it.

religion in the past has done horrible things, and to an extent it still does today (islamic terrorism/generic extreemism) but if a regilious practicer has the benifit of all in mind i dont see what the problem is.

having said that there are many arguments against religion. i personally opt for the "prove it" and "science pwns u" arguments, but in the end it doesnt matter, the person is what counts.

Level 24
First of all, reading that made my brain hurt. Try using little things like grammar and formatting. It really helps. :)
you know what, I'm sorry, you have sent me into such a spiraling depression about hurting somebody's brain that I'm going to go borrow my friend's Moto RAZR and rub it up and down against the inside of my wrist. if it's all red tomorrow, it's because i was at it with the RAZR for so long that the red shell my friend's RAZR is in was abraded by my skin, no doubt also leaving a bad friction burn. afterwards, I'll try to remember your words the next time i neglect to care about your cognitive capabilities. i mean, i wouldn't want to look anything less than the civilized, proper human being i am over the INTERNET.

No one in here is God bashing. You're the only one in here bashing.
wait...
My opinion (not to be offended i live in holland :p): People who a religious are what i think 'Weak' they have to believe that a certain person is helping them to get true there lives. It sometimes helps.. but i believe in myself .. yes if would ask me 'What you think of religion' then i could probably say it sux and i hate it .. (Dunno if this is racism but you can/i delete if it is)

EDIT - hehe :p also mecheon i hope when i died, they will find enemy alien lifeforms with technology so high humans dont stand a chance .. bye bye god :p
okay, stop waiting, please excuse me for believing that this is God-bashing, but keep in mind
the idea of god seems stone age to me, in fact it seems almost retarded. It makes absolutely no since, the creator theory can be disproven so easily it's unbelievable
the above is definitely God-bashing

That's a matter of opinion. Try not to "force" your opinion upon me.
I’m not the only person handing out opinions, mine happens to be the most aggressive and direct.

I've even proven to my brother there is no god, now he's also an atheist!
you cannot “prove” to someone that believes in God that God does not exist; if you did, that person didn't so much believe in God as accept the notion that there could be one. it would be like telling a high-school student that Chuck Norris is not awesome. you will make absolutely no headway.
reiterating, he's handing you an opinion just like i am, i'm just better at handing you the direct opinion. the opinion that he happens to be handing you is that God doesn't exist, he just diverting attention from it by saying he converted somebody to atheism by proving that said opinion is true.

Pretty sure we can calculate irrational numbers. We don't need our gods to do this. This segment is completely irrelevant.
really? because i meant until they end, terminate, complete, etc., and i will give you a better example of what i was trying to get across:
"why do things fall to the earth?" common answer: gravity. okay, that's how things fall to the earth, now get on with telling me WHY. now, with someone as stubborn as i am, you will NEVER get me to even acknowledge that gravity is "why" so long as you are within implausible or indirect earshot. it doesn't even matter whether i personally believe that gravity is the "why" or not.

I have yet to see anyone argue this, this is a pretty commonly accepted fact. Even atheists agree to this. I don't think I've ever come across someone saying the Bible has no good morals.
fair enough, that was hasty

So far, the only person in here forcing opinions is you. Next time try not to be so ignorant. Thanks :)

You're right. Like I've said thrice before, no one here has forced opinions on anyone but you.
meh, look at my denunciation of the last ones

Hmmmmmmm, people like me? You're the one swearing and yelling. At any rate, the original point of the Crusades was to regain the Holy Land, an area of conflict since the time of Abraham. Then some greedy, corrupt people of the Catholic Church decided to spread religion on the way. This is what happens when religions get to powerful.
solid loss about me being the only one swearing, but i was talking about the people that caused the events like the crusades, not the causes of the crusades, not even specifically crusades, and i suppose i was more talking at scyth. of course, "greedy corrupt people of the Catholic Church" fits perfectly into fascism;
pay us lots of money, it's good for your eternal soul. if you don't, it might end up in hell. and your eternal soul is the only part of you that is eternal. eternity in hell would be bad. but wait! available for exorbitant amounts of money, we can fish someone who has spent their entire life working for the same goals you have (ie: heaven), whom you have spent your entire life working towards that goal with, and erase any sin that may have landed him in hell. you know, just in case.

Does this not completely contradict your argument that religious wars are bad?
it was intentional, and if i was motivated enough i'd look up the name of that persuasive technique. it's something close to but absolutely not a concession.

By the way, you suck at writing.
again, INTERNET, i am under no obligation to be even proficient at writing
and just so you know
Pretty sure we can calculate irrational numbers.
your verb is missing its subject. i'm pointing it out because i'm sure we wouldn't want it or the readers of your post to get lost. i'm thinking of a word that starts with "h" and ends with "ypocrite". and no i don't care how trivially small what you said was, give me an excuse and i'll throw things at you.

Lmao i didnt even read what that guy says due to the insane block of text. Honestly dude....your 'facts" are wayyy off. Your explaination for the Crusades...I laughed, honestly.
it wasn't an explanation, it was a characterization of the men that caused it.

The Crusades happened the Byzantine empire asked for aid with the Seljuk turks. The Pope used this as an excuse to call for the liberation of the holy land of Jerusalem. And by the way, the Turks were MUSLIM. That means they have a God. They did not denounce God in anyway, they simply had another view of God and different customs. This attitude is what caused so much distrust between Muslims and Christians for so many hundreds of years.
Please open up a history book once and a while.
i should be a little irritated at you for this anyways, and i'll explain why. i will then show you how much of an ass i am by saying i won't be irritated because i'm a good person, even though we both know this to be false.
1) i said things like the crusades, not the crusades specifically.
2) again, i was characterizing the people that turned the crusades into an abomination, not stating their cause.
3) let's say i WAS placing blame, i made references to three groups of people in that part of the rant; atheists, God-bashers, and fascists. i was in fact, calling God-bashers fascist, condensing that into two groups. so of the things i could be saying, that becomes "atheists are the reason things like the crusades happened", and "fascists are the reason things like the crusades happened" . the one of those that i intended to be read was the second one, and i'm pretty sure that there was a rather high degree of fascism existent within the Catholic church during the times of the crusades
let's wrap this up, in conclusion i should be mad but am not because i am such a good person.

and now that we've cleared that up, my knowledge of the crusades is as follows: a christian nation was under attack from muslims and asked the pope for help. the call for help to the people of other christian nations eventually became "we need to retake the holy land". a bunch of zealous christians from war-based cultures went to answer the "call", and didn't do as good a job as they had hoped. subsequent crusades were to amend the failure of previous crusades, and in that big long saga the "helping" christians actually sacked the capitol city (constantinople) of the christian nation that had originally asked for help (the area now known as turkey).
very crude even compared to that little fraction of knowledge you imparted upon us, but i don't believe anything in it to be outrageously false.

Just so you know....Fascism is the glorification of the state over the individual. It involves a strong centralized, authoritarian government. I have no idea where you got this definition from friend.
i actually got it from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fascism, including a little paraphrasing, because i dislike using words improperly. fail much? you bet your ass.

And Loro, it could be called many things: totalitarianism, authoritarianism etc etc. Fascism recalls such negative regimes as those of Hitler and Mussolini and attempts to demonize athiesm. It was a very poor use of the word.
i would like to state that in no way shape or form did i intend to denounce atheism when using the word "fascism" in the same post as the aforementioned believe system, however i did intend the full force and meaning of the word fascism. i did intend to denounce scyth though; i don't need any belief system shoved down my throat. scyth happened to be venturing dangerously close to doing that with atheism

—————
i fully acknowledge that i am being provocative or argumentative depending on your non-sexually-oriented definition of provocative, and i endorse whatever insults you may choose to use while talking about myself as a person
—————

off topic: >_< OH MY F***ING GOD this took long to write! *if you're wondering why i censored myself just now, and why i didn't in the previous post, it was because the previous post was intended to make an aggressive statement.*
and i like what gst said.

Level 8
Come on man, if you want to present a decent arguement, use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling so people can understand the tiniest shred of information youre trying to put across. Just becuase the internet has a reputation of being a place of incomprehensible arguements does not mean that we cannot have a sane one among intelligent people here at the Hive. If anything, you're destroying your own credibility in this situation.

And oh my god dude. The cause was not athiests. In fact, athiests had absolutely nothing to do with the corrupt actions during the Crusades. Nobody here is distorting God or God's message for personal gain. So I have no idea where your basing this claim but with the given evidence you've shown, it is false.

And I don't see any "God-bashing" going on here. Because you do not agree with God or creationism and feel there is sufficient evidence to refute this, you are not God bashing. Nobody here is saying God has done anything wrong at all. If anything, they are stating the fallacies provided by many religious organizations and the corrupt actions they have taken in the past.
the idea of god seems stone age to me, in fact it seems almost retarded. It makes absolutely no since, the creator theory can be disproven so easily it's unbelievable

That is in no way bashing God or saying he has done anything wrong. He is simply saying that he has the evidence he needs for him to firmly not believe in God. Simple as that.

you cannot “prove” to someone that believes in God that God does not exist; if you did, that person didn't so much believe in God as accept the notion that there could be one. it would be like telling a high-school student that Chuck Norris is not awesome. you will make absolutely no headway.

Way to use a false analogy. These are in no way different and everybody knows the Chuck Norris thing is a joke. Beliefs can change. deal with it.

I honestly feel like doing you a favor and grammatically correcting your entire post. But if thats how you want to represent your opinion, be my guest.

Level 24
it actually IS how i want to present my opinion, because i'm lazy, not to mention i enjoy adding a writing element known as "voice" to what i say. i know that the way in which i state things can drastically affect the way what i'm saying is interpreted, although i wouldn't go as far as destroying my own credibility.

about the atheist thing, i'm not saying atheists were the cause either. i was saying that what you quoted could have been interpreted as one of two things, and that either way it was irrelevant what followed the quote. i acknowledge that the way i voiced it may have (among other things) led you to pay more attention to what was wrong about how i said it than what i was saying, and i could care less.

in fact it seems almost retarded
okay, so in hindsight i'm more ranting about bashing of the belief in God than bashing God Him/Herself. regardless, that is undeniably bashing SOMETHING. he doesn't need to go that far to simply state that he doesn't believe in God.

about the Chuck Norris thing, i am among those that know the Chuck Norris thing is a joke. in fact, the very way it exists as a joke is why it's hard to tell a high-school student that Chuck Norris is not awesome.

about beliefs, i know they can change. however, beliefs are strengthened when people spend an irritating amount of energy telling you that beliefs you hold dear are false. human beings are stubborn.

-you spelled "because" wrong in your second sentence.
-"arguement" in your second sentence is actually spelled "argument"
-i believe that instead of "These are in no way different" you in fact mean "These are in no way similar". analogies are meant to compare things in a manner that makes them appear similar. if the subjects of my analogy were in no way different then it appears you just undid your own nitpicking by complimenting what you nitpicking at.
-represent actually means to designate something as having the same meaning as something else, what i'm doing is presenting my opinion.

you seem to have put so much effort into your post, i felt it to be the right thing to do to identify typos and other nuances. since i have, i see absolutely no reason why you cannot go through and fix what is wrong with my posts. i recommend that you not bother fixing capitalization, as i tend to completely ignore it unless i consider it especially important that capitalization be used

—————
i fully acknowledge that i am being provocative or argumentative depending on your non-sexually-oriented definition of provocative, and i endorse whatever insults you may choose to use while talking about myself as a person
—————

Level 10
Ok, before I start my lecture im going to say this, OW, Brain hurts.....Ok I got that out of the way.

Relgion, who made it? who spreaded it? who hates it? heck, theres alot of questions out there for religon, but none are answored correctly, this is just my opinion, but the main point here is, I don't beleive in any kind of religion, I think all religion is stupid, and I think god is a hoax.

Religion was made up by people who wanted money, like others said, priests would demand for money for some Anonymous reson. Religion has influence people that they are controlled by "the lord" and they give up there own rights for him/her. It is a sad ordeal, because if you sinned, you would go to hell, whatever hell is of course, heck, it could be better then heaven, it could be a 100 star Hotel. But thats not the point here. All religion is peoples opinon because science proves them wrong, and science is never wrong with the right tecnology.

God....Jesus.....Satan.....you have to be fukin kidding me right? who made up those hoaxes. In Christianity, god is a very powerful man who created the universe, Animals(Humans), power, destruction, everything. Jesus was born from the virgin Mary. And Satan is a guy who breaths fire and who knocks up children. There is absoutly NO evidence that there is Religon.

People think that when something rare happens to them, "its a miracle OMG thank you lord!" Dude be quiet, you were just lucky; you know? lucky....from gambling, that lucky Nub. But you have to be joking......if you got a A+ on your school assignment and you think that god was on your side...you are just a dumb retarded kid who thinks that he don't have to study for the test, and when he does that test, he gets a big Ole jolly F for being stupid enough to beleive god will give you a A......

And the last thing is, religion has brought war to many countrys. Iraq has 13 wars right now 11 are from religion and its going to end up a World War3 unless we start nukeing up the place like drunken mofos on a killing spree.
Your gona killa person because he doesn't beleive your god or religon and rejects it? WOW, I hope there is a nice warm cozy place in hell for you when you die. But if theres no hell where do you go? Michael Jacksons crib?
If people are stupid enough to kill eachother because of religion, then is it fair that we can go there and nuke everyones brains out because they don't beleive the Christian way? I don't think so.

If there was a world without religion, thousands of things will happen, but here are 5:
1:NO WARS!
2:WORLD PEACE
3:HAPPY PEOPLE
4:LESS MURDERS
5:TAKE OUT THAT DAMN "GOOD FRIDAY" SO WE CAN EAT SOME MEAT!

Religon should just be gone.....And thats my Lecture.

Sorry if I cursed, be racist, be harsh, be mean, etc. I just wanted to put a piece of my mind on this thread. Btw, sorry for grammer and spelling, I suck at that stuff.

-Sacrimo

Level 6
Ok, before I start my lecture im going to say this, OW, Brain hurts.....Ok I got that out of the way.

Relgion, who made it? who spreaded it? who hates it? heck, theres alot of questions out there for religon, but none are answored correctly, this is just my opinion, but the main point here is, I don't beleive in any kind of religion, I think all religion is stupid, and I think god is a hoax.

Religion was made up by people who wanted money, like others said, priests would demand for money for some Anonymous reson. Religion has influence people that they are controlled by "the lord" and they give up there own rights for him/her. It is a sad ordeal, because if you sinned, you would go to hell, whatever hell is of course, heck, it could be better then heaven, it could be a 100 star Hotel. But thats not the point here. All religion is peoples opinon because science proves them wrong, and science is never wrong with the right tecnology.

God....Jesus.....Satan.....you have to be fukin kidding me right? who made up those hoaxes. In Christianity, god is a very powerful man who created the universe, Animals(Humans), power, destruction, everything. Jesus was born from the virgin Mary. And Satan is a guy who breaths fire and who knocks up children. There is absoutly NO evidence that there is Religon.

People think that when something rare happens to them, "its a miracle OMG thank you lord!" Dude be quiet, you were just lucky; you know? lucky....from gambling, that lucky Nub. But you have to be joking......if you got a A+ on your school assignment and you think that god was on your side...you are just a dumb retarded kid who thinks that he don't have to study for the test, and when he does that test, he gets a big Ole jolly F for being stupid enough to beleive god will give you a A......

And the last thing is, religion has brought war to many countrys. Iraq has 13 wars right now 11 are from religion and its going to end up a World War3 unless we start nukeing up the place like drunken mofos on a killing spree.
Your gona killa person because he doesn't beleive your god or religon and rejects it? WOW, I hope there is a nice warm cozy place in hell for you when you die. But if theres no hell where do you go? Michael Jacksons crib?
If people are stupid enough to kill eachother because of religion, then is it fair that we can go there and nuke everyones brains out because they don't beleive the Christian way? I don't think so.

If there was a world without religion, thousands of things will happen, but here are 5:
1:NO WARS!
2:WORLD PEACE
3:HAPPY PEOPLE
4:LESS MURDERS
5:TAKE OUT THAT DAMN "GOOD FRIDAY" SO WE CAN EAT SOME MEAT!

Religon should just be gone.....And thats my Lecture.

Sorry if I cursed, be racist, be harsh, be mean, etc. I just wanted to put a piece of my mind on this thread. Btw, sorry for grammer and spelling, I suck at that stuff.

-Sacrimo

First of all --- you JUST SAID in thread called Cancer.... THAT YOU ARE RELIGIUOS !! Freakin hell ...

What you just said isn't nice I guess.
Lets say world is without RELIGION.

1.MORE crimes (religiuos people don't steal or killl)
2.MORE wars (christian countries are more friendlier for each other)
3.MORE suicudes (the same DONT KILL is for everyone , even if you kill thouself)
4.SAD people (they know --- THEIR alone , no one helps them)
5.FRIDAY WITHOUT MEAT ? (you will be slimer)
6.WHO EVER SAID THAT SIENCE AND RELIGION IS MORTAL ENEMIES ???
No religion ever said that earth is only planet , humans are only beings with
spirit.

SO STOP FLAMING THE RELIGION.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well , humans allways had gods , ones or others . I said allways. There will be religion in future , no matter christianity , islam , budism , induism , judism or other religion. People will allways belive in something that "guides them with an invisible hand". That is religion. Like he said he thinks that miracles are done by good ghosts. Thats sort of religion.

Level 25
What you just said isn't nice I guess.
Lets say world is without RELIGION.

Oh, you're just ASKING for the Mecheon patrol to come by, aren't you?"

1.MORE crimes (religiuos people don't steal or killl)

Religious people are as likely to kill as anyone else. Even moreso if their doctrine calls for it

2.MORE wars (christian countries are more friendlier for each other)

One word: Crusades. Actually, no religion would have LESS wars. Not sure if you noticed the current war happening over in Israel, but that's about religion as well. Oh, and once again, religion != just Christianity

3.MORE suicudes (the same DONT KILL is for everyone , even if you kill thouself)

No evidence to your claims

4.SAD people (they know --- THEIR alone , no one helps them)

I'm agnostic and I'm perfectly happy. I don't need to believe in an omnipotent magic helper to make myself happy

5.FRIDAY WITHOUT MEAT ? (you will be slimer)

Wait... You don't eat meat on Fridays? Well, that's a wonderful insight into your religion, however no all religions do this, so its null and void

Oh, and its called diets. Now, I'm well aware America has types of foods which cause me to boggle, however I'm quite sure some over there are aware less food means less fat

... Do you guys SERIOUSLY have donuts as a choice for breakfast?

6.WHO EVER SAID THAT SIENCE AND RELIGION IS MORTAL ENEMIES ???

Religion, when they went against science during the Rennasaunce

... Yeah, I can't spell

No religion ever said that earth is only planet , humans are only beings with spirit.

Exactly. So why this thread is around I don't know...

Anywho peoples, keep it civil or I'll start issuing warnings. Scythy is already on the short list

Status
Not open for further replies.