1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Aliens spotted? Hoax?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CMarket, Aug 11, 2011.

1. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/26535/alien-spaceships-to-attack-earth-in-2011/#idc-cover

How probable is this? I mean, it definitely looks like another hoax, but what has drawn my eye to this particular story is the fact that unlike most farfetched stories, where the people who report them say that there is a 2% chance that the rest of the world will actually be affected by the protagonists of said story, these people have actually pinned a date when we'll be able to see them.

I've searched around a bit and I wasn't able to find any response by governments or NASA or anyone regarding this story, which leads me to believe that it isn't anything serious and is most likely just made up.

But what do you guys think? With the millions of stars in the sky, every other surrounded by a handful of planets, it isn't all that impossible for extraterrestrial life to exist. That being said, maybe those life forms have better technology, or possibly even access to materials not available on our planet which allow them to travel here. And by here, I don't necessarily mean they came all this way to kidnap us and destroy our planet, but perhaps they're just exploring space or going on a mission of their own and our planet just happens to be along the way.

2. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Defiantly hoax. Its almost certain other alien life forms exists, but that they should ever be able to reach us is impossible according to all the laws of physic, and before anyone begin saying that the laws of physics are not accurate or directly false, let me remind you that the self same laws enables you to watch television, use electricity, and so forth.

3. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, classic physics was considered to be the only real physics when measuring stuff like speed and time. Then came the theory of relativity, stating that no speed can exceed the speed of light. While this has proven to be true so far, if one day we do exceed that speed than a new set of laws will have to be placed to match speeds above the speed of light. We don't know everything just yet and it's safe to say that not all of the laws of physics are 100% accurate.

It was actually in the news and I read it on another site which wasn't so... colorful, however I can't locate those news on that site now.

Well, apparently the biggest space ship is the size of Slovenia, so one could assume that if they had the technology to move such a large ship at such a high speed they also had the technology to grow their own food and survive in such a vehicle for a very long time.

4. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If it wasn't hoax, it wouldn't show up first on a "news" website that has a section specifically titled "aliens"
    Specifically a website that also has articles titled:
    "Sex education mandatory for Kindergartners"
    "Alien outpost discovered in Antarctica"
    "Alien chip discovered in Napoleon's Skull"

It's a farce news website, it's not meant to be taken seriously.

5. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe they're going to offer us a Stargate and the huge spaceship is just a metaphor to say: «the universe is this large».

Of course it's a hoax. I'd say unfortunately, but then again, they'd have to park on someone's apartment.

6. Well, it looks like its time to build a shrine to the dark god Cthulhu and sacrifice 200 goats a day in the hopes that we are not attacked by aliens.

On a non-cthulhu note: Totally a fake website.

7. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nobody thought about a eco-system within a huge spaceship?

Well we don't know everything yet, actually were just starting to get advanced technology so how can you say things arent possible.

And no i think if the whole world were to possibly end or be attacked by aliens the whole world would be notified. =p

8. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Which is what I said in the original post. And, as I said, this isn't the only place which I found this story, and, more importantly, it isn't the first place where I read it, meaning either that the other websites have taken it down because it's a hoax or some super secret government ninja hackers don't want people to know the truth, dum dum duuuuumm...

9. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Have you found it on any /respectable/ news sites?

10. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, more respectable than this one, which isn't saying much, but nowhere near sites like that of cnn or bbc.

11. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  12. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi there, I wanted to share some of my knowledge about the topic and making it as compact as possible, as I was into research and could give tons of links of very real cases.

But first, for the picture.. it looks somewhat like a hoax. There has never been so exposed flying saucer, not to say these are not the only shape of crafts. Also SETI as others who study UFOs agree, was rather useless as if there are creatures here already, what are they for? MUFON is doing much better job than seti..

If you read below, you will see Im someone who is 50% about they are here, 50% about they are something else, right between believing and skeptic, im not frm those crazy guys who believe the everyday videos are UFOs ... So this from the article:

- Is hard to be taken seriously, to me this is not even attempt to hoax, it's a total mockery at 'believers' to catch it like a big fish as the real truth 'UFOs are coming'.

What is a UFO? A UFO is any object that is unknown/unidentified and that includes military craft or balloon, machine, satellite, anything that cannot be identified. Thus, it is wrong when the so called skeptics say 'This person has seen nothing, he is a lier'. Well due to the so many cases of sightings people DO see such UFOs (excluding the cases where they do not distinguish lights or camera lens reflection and call them a 'ufo') . What are they? Just test drones of the US Air Force? Less likely due to the vague information about Greys or other aliens but still ... aliens, ancient earth dwellers? Some even decide to say - another dimension creatures ? No one can tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmpaM0PqyI

One thing is certain - something IS going on, what - USAF do know something we dont. Like have you heard of cases wherea UFO temp disables the nuke silos of the US army? Why would the US do it on their own army lol? Unless there is an unannounced COLD WAR of new technology hidden by both US and Russia and they send 'UFOs' on each other?

Even if so, what kind of technology is that, traveling with nearly the speed of light? One object separating into other objects? Changing shapes? Is this human at all? Look at their eyes, why do they tear when talking? - I mean those in the video look dead serious to me..

Yes but have you heard of the ancient astronaut theory and how much it matches lots of the historical pictures and stories talking about unearthly creatures visiting the people?
    http://www.ufoevidence.org/ancientastronauts.htm

In fact the Bible has two options - 1) it is a complete joke 2) it is describing other entities in a way people would understand. No demons, angels or Light created us with shaking the MAGICAL WAND (sorry religions people)

It's also so hard to call things true, some are conspiracists talking about underground bases with ancient aliens or lizard-like creatures which describes such encounters... who work together with humans and keep in secret their existence since the 1930s and some of the missing people are brought to be experimented upon, being kept in cages like animals... It's crazy but it cannot be called completely false, like it cannot be callec completetly true. Names you can't trust: John Lear, Bob Lazar, David Icke. Another guy called Phil Schneider got murdered after also talking about some tunnels he has worked on and encountering such Greys levels deep in the tunnels which he says are connected to ancient caves existing from thousands of years (he is a geologist).

I just get goose bumps from talking about them but as I;ve been a long time researcher and I got tired and tired of the same things repeating with no new evidence, other than some guys deciding to tell their story... it gets boring and I decided researching UFOs at that time is a waste of time, until something more evident happens.

Actually we had in my city a UFO on 31st August 2010 that matches all features of a UFO - what's interesting is there is not just one video - there are two different other people who have recorded the same thing, different camera, different part of the city, again these lights. And it was ON THE NEWS - our news don' air UFO report for the lolz as people fake ufos during the entire year but this was different.

Im gonna look in the skies around that date this year but I doubt I will find anything other than shooting starts, planes or a satellite. UFOs also occur often with events such as solar eclipses, comets, meteor showers.

13. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  14. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Keyword: Facebook dating advice

ROFL

15. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Orks are coming, its time for DAHHH WAAAGHHHS!!!

16. albertroy

albertroy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I red it just now and I agree with the earlier post that the site not trustworthy,

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    It all makes sense now, Mayan calenders predicted this, I mean, they predicted that world is going to end in 2012, so why not throw in some Aliens while at it?

18. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They are from the Arcane Empire offering us use of warp gate technology so that they can invade our planet and take us over. Do not worry though, we will develop hyper drive long before completing the warp gate and so there would no longer be any need for a warp gate and their invasion ploy would fail.

19. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    This happened if; My name was Obama, and i was black. Oh wait? it's not gonna happend

20. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    While such stories are a total joke, you never know what part of them may be true. Ask the damn USAF what they are hiding and why make themselves look like idiots or thinking the people are idiots when they say one thing, the next day they change their story so the second must be true. Come on even the UK had a very signifcant case around the 1980s. If they are just military crafts (as if we can ever call them 'Simply' or 'just') wow what kind of technology is to travel with such speed and what kind of flying technology at all and some strange symbols seen on an alleged ship were seen, i think in that UK case. Like way to go technology, time travel, come back with hundres of years advanced technology and this is plain human creation, 'cool story bro'