• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No more religion in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Nothing can ultimatly be explained in this world. Science can ONLY give extremely plausible answers that apeal to common sense and which is backed up with evidence.

There really isnt enough evidence to say evolution is 100% correct, but it seems so complelty plausible, and the only reasonable explanation. Also, who could really believe in the idea we were just instantly formed, thats completley retarded.

Im also curious what explanation Christianity could give for the indfference nature shows to humans, it doesnt matter if were caught at sea in a giant storm, or if were in the midst of an earth quake, or cuaght in a fire, nature takes its course regardless of us, this seems to be a really good indicator that there is nothing supernatural in this life, or if there is, its certainly not like the god portrayed in the Bible. Evolution may not have sufficient evidence to be 100% beilevable, but almost everything in life seems to indicate its true..

Level 5
Religion will one day die.
But Christianity will live on.
Because Christianity is not a religion, it is the truth.
Nature is indifferent to humans.
God is not.
The bible has a chuckload of evidence.
It is the only book to be written by 40 different authors over hundreds of years who all agreed exactly, without looking at each others work, how is that possible if not for god?
Going to god is very hard, but in the process, i got my ability to be happy back. There is evidence to disprove evolution, evolution on a minor scale is true, like those speckled moths who changed colour coz of pollution, but apes to man?

Level 25

Not really. No evidence that it will

... So a religion is suddenly not a religion?

It is the only book to be written by 40 different authors over hundreds of years who all agreed exactly, without looking at each others work, how is that possible if not for god?

Um... They didn't agree exactly. Read through it. I'm POSITIVE you'll find some pretty major contradictions. And they did read each other's work to my knowledge, or at least randomly translated it from language to language

Pretty crazy book though. Mentions wanna-be UFOs in a part

There is evidence to disprove evolution, evolution on a minor scale is true, like those speckled moths who changed colour coz of pollution, but apes to man?

I don't see your evidence to disprove it

And apes to man? That's easy. Few years back a chimpanzee in a zoo started walking like a human for virtually no reason. No training or anything. We've also found fossils of human-like apes, and we know for a fact that human/ape-like species have existed, like some dwarf "hobbits" that existed until very recently, and Neanderthals, which probably interacted with ancient humans, in the whole killing-for-food way

It also works nicely with religion when you note that whoever wrote the opening parts of Genesis managed to figure the rough order in which things evolved. Fish, reptiles, then mammals. Of corse then you need to accept the Bible as a series of metaphors, which I believe it was intended as, as opposed to literal truth, which... Yeah, I just throw it being literal out the window and laugh

Level 8
Just so you know, there was actually a meeting way back when on what should and should not be in the bible. For example, there were multiple stories of adam and eve and some were left out (One being about the woman that came before Eve) because they conflicted with other stories in the bible. So its not one big coincidence the stories all match up.

Also, Christianity is a religion. A religion is anything that worships or believes in a god or diety. Even if Christian religion is the truth, that does not mean it would live on. People may go out of their way in the future to initiate mass genocide against Christians (Yes i know its not very plausable) and then edit histories to their liking.
Histories change and odds are a lot of our religions and other important aspects of society may be lost in the process.

Level 5
christianity would only die if god forsoke us.
he loves us too much to do that
remember this is just my opinion
and what is there to lose by giving it a shot?
now look at what you lose if im right, and you dont give it a shot.
think on that for a while.
also once they found a really large human skull with a small hole in it.
the skull was the right proportions for goliath, the hole was in the right place, and the skull was in the right place.

Level 12
God is not.
Going to god is very hard, but in the process, i got my ability to be happy back. There is evidence to disprove evolution, evolution on a minor scale is true, like those speckled moths who changed colour coz of pollution, but apes to man?
Since there are a lot opinions about religions here, you should not speak about it as if it was true. You should say I believe this blah blah.

Level 27
the skull was the right proportions for goliath, the hole was in the right place, and the skull was in the right place.

God already left you long ago,
How you know he loves us? maybe we are failed experiments..
This is not the state of an opinion you think?
who the fuck is goliath?!?!?!!?!?

to me it is truth tho. but point taken

you are rly brainwashed .. poor human :p

Level 2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, sorry, sorry, but if there is a god that really loves us, then he must show his love in twisted odd ways.. I would in fact say hes a sadist..

Level 12
Aha you see my theory is right!

to me it is truth tho. but point taken

Take my point into consideration about what the Indian poetry sez.

We are all blind in this world, doesn't mean literally blind, but we are since we don't know much about it (we don't know many truth). For some people they only touch one part of this world and believe in something basing on that one part they expirienced. However other people touches other different parts of this world and so on they believe differently. Since all of us are in need of truth, we hunger the truth, we decide that what we believe basing on what we expirienced which is only a minority to the whole part of this world is the right one. But the truth is, what we think is right is only one piece of puzzle for the whole puzzle. Yet they start to argue that their piece is the right one even though it is only a small part that gives a bigger picture.

To cal823, be open minded, you are only one being in this world and not perfect.

One man does many things, but united we make prefect things.

Some people say not to mix science with religion, but for some people like me, science reveals truth rationally.

Level 22
I say this in every forum that breaks out into religion validity topics like these...

Entire wars have been faught over religion over e period of thousands of years. They solved or progressed nothing. A bunch of younsters debating it out in a gaming forum wont either.

Odds are if someone walked in here believing in God, theres probably nothing you will say that will change that, and vice versa.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
I say this in every forum that breaks out into religion validity topics like these...

Entire wars have been faught over religion over e period of thousands of years. They solved or progressed nothing. A bunch of younsters debating it out in a gaming forum wont either.

Odds are if someone walked in here believing in God, theres probably nothing you will say that will change that, and vice versa.
-VGsatomi

Yes, wars have been faught over religion over history and my theory explains it all why. However our minds are becoming much more rational these days that like in the US or other developed countries, we start to take our history into consideration. Whats not right, whats right, and what to fix, what needs to be improved.

Level 2
Yes, wars have been faught over religion over history and my theory explains it all why. However our minds are becoming much more rational these days that like in the US or other developed countries, we start to take our history into consideration. Whats not right, whats right, and what to fix, what needs to be improved.

Sorry but you dont know what you're talking about.. When do you think technological advances have occured? In war where countries are competing for dominance, this is what has cuased the very computer your fucking typing on, its even what caused space exploration, nuclear experimentation, etc. Also, if you look at history, countries were fromed from war, and dominating over others.. Like USA, they broke off from British trhough war, and made America as big as it is today through virtually killing out the Indians.. War is just essential to humans in my oppinion, and an inevitablity, as there will always be conflicts between humans that rational thought just cant solve; tensions between countries will just build up, and they will probably compete for reasources that compromising over just doesnt seem as benefical. The will to power goes hand in hand with the will to survive if you think about it..

Level 8
Omg guys lets keep it civil. Nobody in here should be telling someone if their beliefs are right or wrong, nor should they be criticizing the believes of others in this forum.

Since the topic of this forum has shifted to basic religious beliefs etc, lets at least try to understand other's opinions on it. Maybe we can come out of this with a better perspective than before. God forbid we might actually learn something from other's religious beliefs.

In no way do you have to agree with what someone believes. You should at least accept their right to believe in it. Religious intolerance is still prevalent today, as we can see in this forum. Just becuase we have "improved" intelligence and technological innovations compared to the past, does not mean we cannot make the same mistakes the wrecked havoc upon other civilizations and the world. The one thing this world needs is tolerance, and judging from this forum and global events, we still have a long way to go.

Level 24
:emote_grin: i absolutely love that so many people have been misinterpreting what other people are saying throughout the entirety of this thread. i bet i've done so too.

am i allowed to start yelling fascism again?
God is not.
well i guess God is too busy not being indifferent to christians to care about His/Her millions of children that aren't christian but are suffering? God wouldn't inspire divine punishment on so many people, not to mention innocents, for something as petty as not believing in him. have you heard about a little something called a tsunami that happened 2005 and killed so many?
you know they've actually discovered stories that were left out of the bible?
Going to god is very hard, but in the process, i got my ability to be happy back.
and this shows people that religion DOESN'T only bring sorrow and death :emote_grin:. like i've said to the people that are vehemently denouncing religion.
[/QUOTE=cal823;254910]There is evidence to disprove evolution, evolution on a minor scale is true, like those speckled moths who changed colour coz of pollution, but apes to man?[/QUOTE]aside from what others have said, humans have muscles that we NEVER USE in everyday life. the way the muscles are placed, we might use them in the process of swinging from tree to tree.

so here's my explanation for why creationism and evolution are the exact same thing. let's say you create something unimaginably complex. you want to call it "perfect". unfortunately, you have tested its perfection in no places other than where you created it. as making it truly perfect would take incredibly long, not to add the possibility of making it no longer in your image, wouldn't you want to give it the ability to adapt to new environments? that way it is perfect despite its flaws, because it can eliminate its largest flaws even though it may expose new ones.

:emote_naw: Wow hethen party LOL!
feh, have you noticed some people in here believe in God?

Nothing can ultimatly be explained in this world. Science can ONLY give extremely plausible answers that apeal to common sense and which is backed up with evidence.

There really isnt enough evidence to say evolution is 100% correct, but it seems so complelty plausible, and the only reasonable explanation. Also, who could really believe in the idea we were just instantly formed, thats completley retarded.

Im also curious what explanation Christianity could give for the indfference nature shows to humans, it doesnt matter if were caught at sea in a giant storm, or if were in the midst of an earth quake, or cuaght in a fire, nature takes its course regardless of us, this seems to be a really good indicator that there is nothing supernatural in this life, or if there is, its certainly not like the god portrayed in the Bible. Evolution may not have sufficient evidence to be 100% beilevable, but almost everything in life seems to indicate its true..
you're staying right in the middle. hooray for moderation!

am i allowed to die laughing? you do know that Jews and Muslims worship the EXACT SAME GOD you do, right?
then present that way
bah i've been arguing that too.
i believe it was wand that said he would rather take the nasty afterlife than believe? even if it is a relatively close-minded view, he person has my admiration for sticking to his guns like that.
[/QUOTE]also once they found a really large human skull with a small hole in it.
the skull was the right proportions for goliath, the hole was in the right place, and the skull was in the right place.[/QUOTE]okay, nobody has been saying that every little bit of the bible is false,

who ... is goliath?!?!?!!?!?
Goliath was some really big guy that was doing some bad stuff, and then some kid named David killed him with a slingshot. that's Ephy's Horrible Synopsis.

no he isn't! just a little fanatical...

i've actually said that using a less-than-poetic analogy, and nobody actually cared except for demonsofdante. either way he just liked my analogy. and by "like", i mean thought was a bad analogy.

Sorry but you dont know what you're talking about.. When do you think technological advances have occured? In war where countries are competing for dominance, this is what has cuased the very computer your fucking typing on, its even what caused space exploration, nuclear experimentation, etc. Also, if you look at history, countries were fromed from war, and dominating over others.. Like USA, they broke off from British trhough war, and made America as big as it is today through virtually killing out the Indians.. War is just essential to humans in my oppinion, and an inevitablity, as there will always be conflicts between humans that rational thought just cant solve; tensions between countries will just build up, and they will probably compete for reasources that compromising over just doesnt seem as benefical. The will to power goes hand in hand with the will to survive if you think about it..
DoOs_101 isn't blaming all wars on religions, he's saying that he understands why religious wars happen.

In no way do you have to agree with what someone believes. You should at least accept their right to believe in it.
holy crap that's what i've been flam... aggressive about! i can't find where i said this earlier, but people should be allowed to do their own thing as long as it doesn't involve dragging other people into that thing.

Level 24
Wow we like you demonsofdante andTeh_Ephy. :) Even though you not believe in the religion you discuss it in a good way and you actually know enough to do it. :)

:emote_grin: somebody likes me! yay!
honestly, i thought i was coming off as a complete ass. btw i don't know enough about what i'm talking about to talk about it, i'm talking about the parts of it that i do know. :emote_grin: it makes people think you're smart.

tip to make debate better: feel free to try that out, whether you know what you're talking about or not. try talking about things you're pretty sure the other person doesn't know about, then they look stupid!

Level 8
Rofl well at least you do know the parts your talking about (Same goes for me). I honestly thought you were being an ass at first and trying to press your beliefs onto others. But it seems we've reached an equiliibrium on the topic:grin:

Level 4
God already left you long ago,
How you know he loves us? maybe we are failed experiments..
This is not the state of an opinion you think?
who the fuck is goliath?!?!?!!?!?

Bitch Pleez. You know what the Naglfar is, yet you don't know who a Common religious figure is, Goliath, the giant who was killed by some kid named David.

Poor Human? What are you then? Alien?

Level 24
omg i'm actually submitting something original to this thread!
the Pastafarian Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts
makes a really great point of how people should be. it's a satire sent to a schoolboard that banned the teaching of evolution in favour of creationism.

Rofl well at least you do know the parts your talking about (Same goes for me). I honestly thought you were being an ass at first and trying to press your beliefs onto others. But it seems we've reached an equiliibrium on the topic:grin:
lol i thought i was being an ass too, after showing the funnier posts in here to friends. and btw, i actually was pressing the belief that "you shouldn't press your beliefs onto other people or tell them that their beliefs are wrong" onto all of you. muwahahahaha i'm a hypocrite! cower at my hypocritical awesomeness!

Bitch Pleez. You know what the Naglfar is, yet you don't know who a Common religious figure is, Goliath, the giant who was killed by some kid named David.
of course he doesn't know who goliath is, he isn't religious.

Poor Human? What are you then? Alien?
that's not what he meant by "poor human".

Last edited:
Level 21
Someone person said:

it is impossible to prove without physical evidence and such a statement is like me saying there is a planet in our solar system made entirely of candy, its truth!! its truth!!!!

Someone person said:

i just typed above there is a planet made of candy, is that evidence?

Someone person said:
It is the only book to be written by 40 different authors over hundreds of years who all agreed exactly

they didnt all agree and alot of the written text is now disputed as metophical text by many scholars today.

Someone person said:
There is evidence to disprove evolution, evolution on a minor scale is true, like those speckled moths who changed colour coz of pollution, but apes to man?

are you stupid?! i mean the vast majority of the world accept evolution as fact. many scholars and even the late pope john paul accept evidence on evolution, many say that alot of the old testiment is metophorical.

evolution has been proven as 99.99% true, its even replicatable in lab experiments, its visible everywhere. and about apes to man, well considering the recent descovery of fossil evidence directly linking the growth stages of primates into man how can you really think its impossible.

there is evidence to disprove evolution?? show me, NOW.

anyways, christians should be happy with evolution, u guys cant accept that something so complex just appeared. well thats ok because thats exactly what evolution says doesnt happen.

if a moth can change its colour in a few years, what can millions of years do? aps to man is your answer.

Level 4
Well, there's always the the thing that Humans have the emotions of love and hate, which give us no Evolutionary Advantage whatsoever, there's nurturing, though that's definitely not love.

There's also the Bloody Baby Thing. When most babies come out of the womb, they tend to be . . bloody. That would suggest that they would bleed to Death without regenerative traits, which would be impossible to Develop in the few short hours of life an infant would experience. By this logic, nothing, except that which lacks blood, could exist.

I do believe in Evolution though, and I believe in God, I don't see why that's so hard to accept.

Level 21
Well, there's always the the thing that Humans have the emotions of love and hate, which give us no Evolutionary Advantage whatsoever, there's nurturing, though that's definitely not love.

emotions are due to randomness withing the brain, effectively emotions act as senses giving us a clearer perception of the world. emotions are what the brain uses to "tell" you how to enterprit the world, such as confusion, love for a thing or person, hate for a thing or person. without them we would be less able to understand our surroundings. emotions are an advatage and arent just shown in humands, most animals with upper brain functions (such as memory) have emtions. its like saying someone who is autistic has an advantage, well they dont really do they? they are more reckless and less able to understand their existance than people who do have emotions.

There's also the Bloody Baby Thing. When most babies come out of the womb, they tend to be . . bloody. That would suggest that they would bleed to Death without regenerative traits, which would be impossible to Develop in the few short hours of life an infant would experience.

what does regenerative traits mean? as in cells being able to grow and blood clots being able to form? these are basic functions which are pretty well understood at a molecular level and are prominent in many living things, including alot of bacteria.

i was a christain and then i realised that there is no physical evidence apart from an old book that isnt even correct because its been translated into more languages than you can count. and also i realised that science is able to explain the world with simple understandable rules instead of lies/promises and a fog of confusion.

Level 8
Lol you can easily accept Old Testament creationism and evolution if you want to. Think about it, it says God created humans...but does it tell us how? Besides, who knows how long 7 days is to God?

Take it as a metaphor people.

Level 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Morbid_One

DoOs_101 isn't blaming all wars on religions, he's saying that he understands why religious wars happen.>>>>>>

It seemed to me he was arguing that as we become more rational, and less religiously orientated, war would eventually cease and we would develop different standards of whats right,wrong, etc, which would basically be centered around a non-violent appraoch to things.. If he wasnt saying that then i stand corrected..

>>>>Dante>>>>Omg guys lets keep it civil. Nobody in here should be telling someone if their beliefs are right or wrong, nor should they be criticizing the believes of others in this forum. <<<<<

Why not? SHould we not even attempt to know whats true and not true? If i were to say that your dad is in fact a transexual, would it be wrong for someone to tell me I'm wrong? Honestly, to criticize others veiws, using actual logic, is just part of the pursuit for truth..

Now, as for taking the Old Testament as a metaphore.. How is that actually possible when it clearly states the earth was created in seven DAYS. A day refers to one rotation of the earth, and that seems pretty indisputable.. Now how could things evolve into what they are, even if each day was mililions of years long. I mean, if it was only 7 days,everything would then have a completely differnet schedule. Its also just seems scientifically impossible the earths rotation around the sun would slow that drastically, and there would also be A LOT of implications that i cant even think of right now..

Level 8
@Morbid: Nobody can supply physical evidence to attest to the truth behind any religion. Its called faith for a reason and can neither be truly proven or disproven. It is a personal thing and should remain as such. When it comes to religion, criticizing their views hardly ever works. You can provide contradicting arguements and information to change ones beliefs, but you cannot force someone to by putting down their current feelings toward a subject

Level 12
i was a christain and then i realised that there is no physical evidence apart from an old book that isnt even correct because its been translated into more languages than you can count. and also i realised that science is able to explain the world with simple understandable rules instead of lies/promises and a fog of confusion.
But you (or heard about other people you trust) never experienced anything that more or less conviced you that it was true? Did you only believe becouse of what is written in the book?

Level 8
I honestly almost got into religion because i would get chills during the sermons as if i had been touched by something (The kind you get when you see an amazing movie, hear a strong speech, or listen to a deep and touching song. Honestly, what is that?)

I stopped going becuase i felt as though i HAD to go. And i feel religion should not force someone into a strict series of habits to truly believe in it.

"Going to church makes you no more a Christian than sleeping in your garage makes you a car."

I forget who said it. But its one of my favorite quotes

Level 12
or listen to a deep and touching song. Honestly, what is that?)
You have no idea how easiliy I get touched. :) Hehe I can quote myself at another forum in a music thread:

myself said:
Too much to post/indescribable...

.. most gives chills...

...gives hardly visible inner visions...

.. alone in the night is the best time to listen..

....strange that it doesn't give dreams during the nights...

..don't want others to hear it becouse you know they can't get a fraction of the feel the music is gives... they don't deserve to heat it... ... they desecrate it...

About your christian part. My christian friend tells about "feel the holy spirit" which some people do when in christian "sermonies". They feel an inner peace and happiness and love for others that no other thing can give. You don't sing becouse the others do anymore, you do it becouse you feel that you want it You touch his holyness.

Level 10
I am sorta in the middle of religous and athiest, I can be religious when im in a sad mood and need help, and im athiest otherwise. And think about this, what happens if there was no religon to begin with? there would be depresion, anger, judgement, suicide, countless pointless wars, etc. But since there is religion, it sorta balances everything out that happens to the world each day. So, athiest speaking, we need to be tolarent to other people that are religous, because without them there wouldn't be any, how should I say it to not make wand pissed off...."Cold war"

So concluding, the idea of religon "weakens" people to not do crazy things, like drugs, murder, etc. So religon is preventing those things. Im not religous, im just in religous moods sometimes, just 2 minutes everyday in fact. Doesnt make alot of sense, but its just being tolerant. My big lecture showed my crual athiest side, but im just being tolerant right now. religon also needs to look up for athiests, because there are alot of athiests in the world, and lots of them are tolarent, so they talk about there religon, we listen, we make friends, etc.

My main point here is that religon and athiests balance the world together so we don't get crunched together in war, terrism, etc.

Last edited:
Level 12

Oh I definitely know what I'm talking about sir when I'm running a comparative religion research project in my university.

I'm trying to prove a point that teh_empty made reasonably and I'm not against with any opinions you guys think. I'm saying we are only one part of a whole, read what I said don't randomly spit out your words. If we can combine these opinions we can meet an equilibrium approach as what demon, teh_empty said. And I think I need to repeat what I've said again.

Philosophers make an idealistic theory based on what they expirience in real life. However what they've expirience is only a part of a whole (like a slice of cake). For instance, you're blindfolded and you're asked to describe an object by touching one part, you think it is an urn, another person blindfolded touched a different part of the object and he thinks it is a soccer ball. The object is removed and the two blindfolded person argued against each other saying their description is truly the correct one. Thats my theory why we forge wars. And I think it is happening here because people are not realizing the fact that we can only expirience one bit in this world but if we combine these expiriences, analyze it, we can see a big picture and alot of people in developed countries are doing it already.

If what I say insults those that lives in undeveloped countries well I say this before things get messy. I took AP Macroeconomics and Microeconomics also and this is analytical. When there is economic growth --> economic development --> urbanization --> RnD (Research and Development) --> Evolution from Old values (Old values which prevents growth and development). This is the system of the world we are living in right now, so either you live in a poor country or not, you got to accept this. I live in Indonesia if you're curious about.

Level 5
Who really cares about this anyway.... IMHO religion is a waste of time, thats my opinion and I AM entitle to it, just like your entitled to your opinions on how great religion is....

At the end of the day it's a matter of personal preffernce anyway... it's almost like saying "BLUE is the best colour in the world..." and then someone else going "nuh-uh.... its RED I tell you... RED!!!"

I have no problem with religious people, if your religious then good for you... religion is supposed to be a personal thing, so keep it to yourself... there really is no need to stand up and say "Im religious and Proud of it!" just like there is no reason I should jump up and down screaming that im not religious...

Like I said, its a matter of personal preffernce... even when/if science DOES prove that God does/does not exist, people are still gonna choose pray and follow religions or not to... because some people need to believe in something and others do not...

Level 10
About your christian part. My christian friend tells about "feel the holy spirit" which some people do when in christian "sermonies". They feel an inner peace and happiness and love for others that no other thing can give. You don't sing becouse the others do anymore, you do it becouse you feel that you want it You touch his holyness.

There is a liquid inside our brain called endorphans(sp) when we feel happy, that liquid gets released all through our body to make us happy, like for example, smile right now........you just released endorphans."Feel the holy spirit* is impossible, because the only thing that can make you happy are endorphans and drugs. [off topic] if you think about commiting suicide one day, before you jump off that building, think, "is my life devoted to this?" because hey, us athiests can be wrong, theere might be a god, there might not, I just need physical prove, if god just sundenly came to my door step and said hi and turned me into a sheep for 2 seconds, then yes, I would beleive. But right now, I think god is a hoax for money.

"Going to church makes you no more a Christian than sleeping in your garage makes you a car."

I forget who said it. But its one of my favorite quotes

I got one of those to,
"God is as real as a dead christian going to hell" (meaning that both are fake)

a bad guy get killed by a kid -.-? dont even wanna know that ..

Poor human? yes, i think he is a human..

Ihaterednecks is eather lieing, or this kid shot a .367 diamond shotgun into the guys face. And if not, its almost impossible, this guy would overpower the little guy just with a finger, I think Ihaterednecks is pulling the chains on us guys.

Who really cares about this anyway.... IMHO religion is a waste of time, thats my opinion and I AM entitle to it, just like your entitled to your opinions on how great religion is....

I agree, there is soooo many damn rules to this religon, if its marriage, clothing, all the way to sex. This religons gota go, its riducules.

At the end of the day it's a matter of personal preffernce anyway... it's almost like saying "BLUE is the best colour in the world..." and then someone else going "nuh-uh.... its RED I tell you... RED!!!"

Uh,hu its not the best way to say it, but it works in the matter, like if I say yellow is the best color, and you say blue, and the other guy says yellow, we would want to war eachother, and kill, kill, and KILL! reminds me of the wars going on in Eastern Asia. Just dumb.

I have no problem with religious people, if your religious then good for you... religion is supposed to be a personal thing, so keep it to yourself... there really is no need to stand up and say "Im religious and Proud of it!" just like there is no reason I should jump up and down screaming that im not religious...

There is alittle word called "tolarence" if a friend or someone wants to talk to religon about you, be tolarent, don't be mean and say "Get the F*ck out of my lawn!" just listen, and talk about you being a athiest in a nice way, not leading to a fight. If there cherry picking you on religon, just say, "I don't want you here anymore, sir/ma'am. Not...."I said! get the F*ck out of my house!*

Like I said, its a matter of personal preffernce... even when/if science DOES prove that God does/does not exist, people are still gonna choose pray and follow religions or not to... because some people need to believe in something and others do not...

True and false, most of the devoted people will do that, but some other religous people arent that devoted and do drugs, if they hear that, they will say "YES!!!!! NO MORE CHURCH! WOOOHOO!!!!!" or something like that....Religon will grow, then it will decay, then we will be religon free because of science. Science will prove all of em wrong, its a Religon VS Science War.

Level 27
Okay, to just clear everything ..

I dont know about goliath because i dont have any religion and i dont intend to pick on either until there maybe some that fits me.(doubt that)

Second, we are all humans? right? so i call you human, but offcourse i dont know if u are human because you can be bot :p

And third, we are just argueing about something that we cant change anyway so why the hell are you people still quoting eachother and bringing up the same subjects over and over? it was fun for the moment -_-

Level 4
what does regenerative traits mean? as in cells being able to grow and blood clots being able to form? these are basic functions which are pretty well understood at a molecular level and are prominent in many living things, including alot of bacteria.

Let me stab a baby. I don't give shit how fast it can recreate it's own cells, the motherfucker is going to bleed to Death if I don't mop it up and Cover the wound. It's an infant, it's more susceptible to pretty much everything, especially being shanked.

emotions are due to randomness withing the brain, effectively emotions act as senses giving us a clearer perception of the world. emotions are what the brain uses to "tell" you how to enterprit the world, such as confusion, love for a thing or person, hate for a thing or person. without them we would be less able to understand our surroundings. emotions are an advatage and arent just shown in humands, most animals with upper brain functions (such as memory) have emtions. its like saying someone who is autistic has an advantage, well they dont really do they? they are more reckless and less able to understand their existance than people who do have emotions.

Yes, but why do have hate or love for a thing or person? I few chemical reactions started a "Revolution" within the brain, creating emotions? I really can't explain my thoughts that clearly right now, I'm feeling kind of disoriented.

Level 24
It seemed to me he was arguing that as we become more rational, and less religiously orientated, war would eventually cease and we would develop different standards of whats right,wrong, etc, which would basically be centered around a non-violent appraoch to things.. If he wasnt saying that then i stand corrected..
good quality, being able to admit fault.

If i were to say that your dad is in fact a transexual, would it be wrong for someone to tell me I'm wrong? Honestly, to criticize others veiws, using actual logic, is just part of the pursuit for truth..
okay, but the views we're criticizing have been backed up with knowledge and a fair amount of logic. random accusations of being transexual and the like being given even the slightest possibility of validity are what caused things like the salem witch-hunts. (this is characterization of the people that caused them! don't yell at me for saying atheists caused the witch hunts! i know that the only people involved were puritans, and that they wanted there to be witches to hunt, which is why they "found" witches)

Now, as for taking the Old Testament as a metaphore.. How is that actually possible when it clearly states the earth was created in seven DAYS. A day refers to one rotation of the earth, and that seems pretty indisputable..
i'm quoting it, and am about to argue with it! that means you could safely bet your eternal soul that it isn't indisputable! a day is considered a complete rotation of a PLANET. does that mean every time the earth has rotated once, it's been exactly one day on pluto? NO.

Now how could things evolve into what they are, even if each day was mililions of years long. I mean, if it was only 7 days,everything would then have a completely differnet schedule.
peh, seven days of how long? a "day" is how long it takes a planet to rotate, but if planets haven't been invented yet how, wouldn't you arbitrarily designate a specific amount of time as merely a "day"?

Its also just seems scientifically impossible the earths rotation around the sun would slow that drastically, and there would also be A LOT of implications that i cant even think of right now..
you know... the earth actually revolves around the sun, and that would be a year. i know the boundary between "revolve" and "rotate" is rather vague if you haven't heard it before, so let me clarify: a revolution of an object occurs around an axis external to said object, a rotation to one internal. and besides, what does the amount of time it takes to go around the sun have to do with the amount of time it takes the sun to do a mid-space pirouette (i'm working on being poetic :emote_grin:)?

I am sorta in the middle of religous and athiest, I can be religious when im in a sad mood and need help, and im athiest otherwise.
i think that more or less makes you religious.

And think about this, what happens if there was no religon to begin with? there would be depresion, anger, judgement, suicide, countless pointless wars, etc. But since there is religion, it sorta balances everything out that happens to the world each day.
@depression: do you have proof?
@anger: so then we don't have anger now? isn't religion also a cause of anger among many?
@judgement: if you're bigoted religion is a way to judge people. did you read it when i said the KKK hates immigrants, minorities, and catholics? did you notice that shiite and sunni extremists hate the other side because they don't follow the same god the same way? don't go saying stuff that there is no way of proving. like there's lower chance of proving this than proving whether God does/doesn't exist.

So, athiest speaking, we need to be tolarent to other people that are religous, because without them there wouldn't be any, how should I say it to not make wand pissed off...."Cold war" where there is alot of threats of nukes and other *WomD*(Weapens of mass Destruction)
okay, i get what you mean, and i really like it, but you just accidentally blamed religious people on WMDs. you might want to change that.

So concluding, the idea of religon "weakens" people to not do crazy things, like drugs, murder, etc. So religon is preventing those things.
yes, but sadly only to the people that it actually gets to.
Doesnt make alot of sense, but its just being tolerant.
it doesn't make much sense =/
My big lecture showed my crual athiest side, but im just being tolerant right now. religon also needs to look up for athiests, because there are alot of athiests in the world, and lots of them are tolarent, so they talk about there religon, we listen, we make friends, etc.
i've been flaming people to at least let people believe what they want for most of the thread. demonsofdante has also been doing so, although without the flaming part.

My main point here is that religon and athiests balance the world together so we don't get crunched together in war, terrism, etc.
agreed, kind of. we'd work ourselves into positions that foster those kinds of negative practices anyways, all religious or all atheist. again though, no way to prove it.

teh_empty
aww, you spelled it wrong :emote_sad:. i don't blame you though, i'd just like to clarify that it's "ephy", not "empty". misspell it again and i'll send evil sheep into your dreams :emote_razz:.

Philosophers make an idealistic theory based on what they expirience in real life. However what they've expirience is only a part of a whole (like a slice of cake). For instance, you're blindfolded and you're asked to describe an object by touching one part, you think it is an urn, another person blindfolded touched a different part of the object and he thinks it is a soccer ball. The object is removed and the two blindfolded person argued against each other saying their description is truly the correct one.
or even worse, one person is saying something about one particular thing, and then somebody else says something different about a different thing that is similar to the first, yet completely and absolutely a separate thing. it makes good brain food, and bad everything else.

then why did you post in the first place? not to mention a post that got you Ephy Flamed™? isn't it a waste of time to tell people who clearly won't listen to you that they're wasting their time?

no, this is much, MUCH, MUCH deeper than that. this is more of a "what is reality" thing. the fact that you dismissed this ENTIRE thread as a "he said she said" argument really shows us that at the end of the day, you are just another random character whose curiosity has dried up.

once again, why did you post in the first place? yes it's an open forum (thread), but nobody invited you to denounce religion using only a narrow view of a single religion. you posted because you want other people to think religion's a waste of time too, and you think you can convince them.

then don't go around saying
Religion is a fools game, it's for those without the strength or power to get things done, instead they place there hope into fictional beings that can not exist in the realm of reality.

Religion is dictatorship, Thou shall now do this.... Thou shall not do that....

Religion is suppresion of the human mind and nature, it is for the weak.

Btw I really thank teh_empty for bringing this up, this really supports my research. The quarell and stuff happening here I will take it into account as an evidence.
i was thanked :emote_grin:! you might also want to take a look at the Pastafarian link i posted. it might not be relevant, but it seems to have been overlooked and i wouldn't want you to miss it if it was.

There is a liquid inside our brain called endorphans(sp) when we feel happy, that liquid gets released all through our body to make us happy, like for example, smile right now........you just released endorphans."Feel the holy spirit* is impossible, because the only thing that can make you happy are endorphans and drugs.
actually, endorphins are what you use to move, and when released they make you feel relieved, not happy. and there are other neurochemicals that do make you feel happy.

hey, us athiests can be wrong, theere might be a god, there might not, I just need physical prove, if god just sundenly came to my door step and said hi and turned me into a sheep for 2 seconds, then yes, I would beleive. But right now, I think god is a hoax for money.
BUT GOD DIDN'T START OUT THAT WAY! like there are loads of gods that don't demand money or anything! and when God was invented, do you think jesus made money off of it? I like wand when he said gods were created because ancient civilizations were stupid better than you saying God is a hoax for money. read what i said after the 13th and 14th quotes in my first post on page 4.

I got one of those to,
"God is as real as a dead christian going to hell" (meaning that both are fake)
A) i don't get it, B)it's possible for christians to go to/be in hell...

Ihaterednecks is eather lieing, or this kid shot a .367 diamond shotgun into the guys face. And if not, its almost impossible, this guy would overpower the little guy just with a finger, I think Ihaterednecks is pulling the chains on us guys.
i'd like to agree, but there's no actual way to know unless we look it up.

I agree, there is soooo many damn rules to this religon, if its marriage, clothing, all the way to sex. This religons gota go, its riducules.
uh, marriage isn't that strict, i don't have any idea about what you mean about clothing, missionary style was actually not in the bible and only taught by missionaries. and don't be biased against religion as a whole just because of one religion. like do you know what the kamasutra is? it's supposed to be some hindu guide to get the most out of sex.

Uh,hu its not the best way to say it, but it works in the matter, like if I say yellow is the best color, and you say blue, and the other guy says yellow, we would want to war eachother, and kill, kill, and KILL! reminds me of the wars going on in Eastern Asia. Just dumb.
bah it's the WORST way to say it. and it isn't just about that, it could be as profound as what is morally right and what isn't.

There is alittle word called "tolarence" if a friend or someone wants to talk to religon about you, be tolarent, don't be mean and say "Get the F*ck out of my lawn!" just listen, and talk about you being a athiest in a nice way, not leading to a fight. If there cherry picking you on religon, just say, "I don't want you here anymore, sir/ma'am. Not...."I said! get the F*ck out of my house!*
okay, but why haven't you been talking about being an atheist in a nice way? i'm pretty sure that religion isn't the only reason people murder people (not familiar? check out your little list in the post at the top of page 4).

True and false, most of the devoted people will do that, but some other religous people arent that devoted and do drugs, if they hear that, they will say "YES!!!!! NO MORE CHURCH! WOOOHOO!!!!!" or something like that....Religon will grow, then it will decay, then we will be religon free because of science. Science will prove all of em wrong, its a Religon VS Science War.
don't you think by the time science even has a hope of proving any religions wrong, religion and science will have reconciled?

i think he means things like being able to grow back lost cells, and repair damage.

Let me stab a baby. I don't give shit how fast it can recreate it's own cells, the motherfucker is going to bleed to Death if I don't mop it up and Cover the wound. It's an infant, it's more susceptible to pretty much everything, especially being shanked.
well gee, that's a little worse than being birthed.

emotions are due to randomness withing the brain, effectively emotions act as senses giving us a clearer perception of the world. emotions are what the brain uses to "tell" you how to enterprit the world, such as confusion, love for a thing or person, hate for a thing or person.
aside that confusion isn't really an emotion, how the hell does it help you interpret what's going on? isn't being confused acknowledging that you are unable to grasp the situation at hand?

also, emotions are not just random electric pulses going across brain cells, that's more like what dreaming is. emotions happen because you have been conditioned to respond a certain way to a certain stimulus. for example, if you are deathly afraid of snakes, you obviously had some sort of negative encounter/interaction with a snake or the image of one. if cake makes you happy, its because cake has come to represent sugar, which i believe most children are more than happy to partake in. have you ever heard of the Little Alfred experiment? the child wasn't afraid of anything, but was taught in a rather mean experiment to fear white mice, which carried over to things like white fur coats and santa claus masks.

without them we would be less able to understand our surroundings. emotions are an advatage and arent just shown in humands, most animals with upper brain functions (such as memory) have emtions.
emotions can actually detract from understanding our surroundings. for example, if you are angry enough to induce tunnel-vision, i'd have to argue that your capability of understanding what's going on is reduced. or if you're head-over-heels in love, you can be pretty oblivious to lots of things, and dismiss large character flaws as minor quirks.

its like saying someone who is autistic has an advantage, well they dont really do they? they are more reckless and less able to understand their existance than people who do have emotions.
most of the disorders and conditions that fit under the incredibly wide umbrella of autism are learning disorders. high-functioning autistics are not reckless, and the ones that appear to be merely do not understand the concept of consequences as well as you or i would.

Yes, but why do have hate or love for a thing or person? I few chemical reactions started a "Revolution" within the brain, creating emotions? I really can't explain my thoughts that clearly right now, I'm feeling kind of disoriented.
you know some people actually are incapable of understanding that someone would wish them bad, and actually do NOT hate people? they're not in any way mentally deficient, but were just raised the wrong way (in the most positive manner possible) during a stage of development. as such, they are completely incapable of understanding that there is a person in the world that would want to hurt them, and are completely trusting, gullible, friendly fools.

Level 8
Someone get a mod to close this thread. I hoped there would be some sort of intelligent conversation that could be produced here but I was wrong. Thanks Sacrimo, Rednecks and Orca.

I dont even have the patience to quote all the things you said that are offensive in some way or another. But stabbing a baby? Wth? Comments like that show this threads turning into a cesspool.

Level 24
Someone get a mod to close this thread. I hoped there would be some sort of intelligent conversation that could be produced here but I was wrong. Thanks Sacrimo, Rednecks and Orca.
if they didn't post so often in between the people that actually think on this thread, it wouldn't be too hard to get them to be reasonable.

I dont even have the patience to quote all the things you said that are offensive in some way or another.
it only takes about an hour. and who cares if your posts are so long nobody reads them?

But stabbing a baby? Wth? Comments like that show this threads turning into a cesspool.
yeah, that was taking the point ten steps too far.

P.S: please consider me to be somebody who thinks on this thread.

Level 8
Lol thanks dam. But anything with a single shred of intelligence posted in this thread now would be diluted, beaten, and covered up with moronic, aggressive, and uneducated posts.

Level 24
But we like to read posts from you 2. :(
i like to read posts from me :emote_grin: !

Lol thanks dam. But anything with a single shred of intelligence posted in this thread now would be diluted, beaten, and covered up with moronic, aggressive, and uneducated posts.
yeah. the new topic of this thread is lost in the aggressive and poorly informed ways the arguments are presented. like i would love it if somebody could civilly but not stupidly hold to a specific view.

Well you can simplify it to just posts with ignorance.
but then we really would need this wonderful thread to close =/

Level 10
i like to read posts from me :emote_grin: !

yeah. the new topic of this thread is lost in the aggressive and poorly informed ways the arguments are presented. like i would love it if somebody could civilly but not stupidly hold to a specific view.

but then we really would need this wonderful thread to close =/

Teh_Ephy is da master at quoting here,

Some parts of my typing weren't that intelligent, but alot of it was. This topic is getting intresting. The mods would already shut this down if it was spammy.

Level 24
Teh_Ephy is da master at quoting here
:emote_grin: thank you

Some parts of my typing weren't that intelligent, but alot of it was.
and a lot of it was, while not idiotic, was poorly-backed. unlike my poorly-backed idiocy, your poorly-backed talk is not entertaining.

This topic is getting intresting. The mods would already shut this down if it was spammy.
yeah, but it's kind of headed that way. you people that are staying way on one side start posting again!

Level 25
Now, as for taking the Old Testament as a metaphore.. How is that actually possible when it clearly states the earth was created in seven DAYS. A day refers to one rotation of the earth, and that seems pretty indisputable.

It actually says at somewhere further in the bible (Forgive me not knowing the refrence) that a day to God is like millions of years to us or something

Put two and two together...

Now, while I might have kept this open, I was just entirely challanged to close it. And you people know how much I looooooove a challange

Status
Not open for further replies.