1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Aliens spotted? Hoax?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CMarket, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I see very few of you have played Galactic Civilizations II... Next time I will just throw out one about lombaxes instead.

If aliens did exist with faster than light travel and had found this planet, then this entire planet would be flooded by tourists or already be conqured. If the alien civilization was so advanced that it could control tourisim and move beyond the need for violence, then they would not bother comming here anyway, and instead would watch us with a remote satalite of some kind (tiny) that we would not even be aware of (would appear as a commet or asteroid).

In the picture of the universe. our planet is meaningless. If tried to to get to us with slower than light travel (which is so far believed to be the only possible means of getting anywhere) then the big question is why? They would have been traveling for billions of years, probably before this planet even had noticable life. Additionally the life they would find here might be interesting to them, but it would be prety dull as they may might operate entirly differently from conventional life.

So whats the result? This is garunteed to be another hoax. There is no reason aliens should ever vist us currently.

Humanity only might encoutner aliens once we ourselves become "aliens". In that case any advanced aliens would pose little threat (as we would be equally or more advanced than them) and other aliens we find that are pre space travel would be meaningless to us (as why bother going to some alien life filled planet when you could mine an asteroid or mineral rich uninhabited planet that has no life trhowing spanners in the mining machinery).

2. Elite Slayer

Elite Slayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't yet read the entire article - I merely scanned through it, but I can picture the general opinion and information from what I have read so far. I must acknowledge my skepticism.

Let's assume that aliens existed on one of the closest extrasolar planets capable of sustaining life (and thus appropriate to use for this example). For example, Gliese 581G. That planet, thought to contain the appropriate ecological conditions to make it capable of sustaining life, is approximately 20.5 light years from Earth. That is to say, it would take 20.5 years to traverse across the distance if one were able to travel at light-speed (3 x 109 meters per second, or roughly 1 864 114 miles per second). Thus far, humankind is aware of no such locomotive technology that can achieve this feat in any conceivable or convenient amount of time, and the science-fiction idea that all extraterrestrial races bear mind-wracking technology is not only cliche, but also improbable, considering the wide spectrum of possibilities of what an extraterrestrial race may be like (in fact, scientists are assuming that the only ascertained possibility of extraterrestrial life is little more than microscopic bacteria). And that is if there are even extraterrestrial life forms in our galaxy (some will argue with me here, but take into consideration the scarcity of inhabitable planets or the fact we have been unable to confirm the existence of other intelligent life forms, and so on) That, in addition to the forementioned argument that they would have no real reason to come here, makes me skeptical about this. I'm sorry, but I would have to call bull on this one.

3. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I won't defy the laws of physics, and neither say they're false. But what you are trying to say has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with physics. Physics controls our environment and whatever happens to it.

What you should have talked about is Probability. The chances of an alien coming in contact with us is so small, you would have more chances of winning the jackpot on (insert gambling service here) 3 times in a row. Still, it is probability, and is never accurate, and thus you cannot use it to disagree or agree with something. This occurs almost all the time because of variables that are not calculatable by humans. Any variable changing can force a different outcome.

4. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Worst Case Scenario: It's true.

But, think about it, if there was an alien race coming to us, wouldn't you expect them to be intelligent enough to like.. "NOT" Kill us or something :p

So, even if it was true, nothing to worry about ;D

5. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  6. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nah, they're just a bunch of nabs :p

7. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I know some people don't think such have ever visited us and that makes sense considering, everyone, me included have observed the skies in my astronomy courses and in the free time as well, the most I've seen was a satellite... nothing unusual.

You are on WARM here. I think we may have been watched, like we watch ants, we are a zoo for them. What however leads to think that there may have been visitation (above I said what does not - obviously the fact that we dont see any abnormal stuff - oh some do), how did we become what we are today? - From chimpanzees? Sorry there is already a theory of credible scientists NOT conspiracists that we may have not evloved from them, we could be a saeparate species.

And if we call the Bible the absolute fake, then think about it, if it is true - what makes you think it cannot be misinterpreted Genetics Engineering? Cloning? What makes you think we may not be someone's Lab creation?

Have you seen the Shumerian writings? (no forget Nibiru and all the talk about 2012), just the parts talking about people coming from the skies?

'People coming from the skies' - When Indians (native Americans) called the trains in America 'Iron Horses' why people from the skies, DRAGONS cannot be spaceships or any vehicles?

Have you seen CAVE drawings? Things that look like saucers or unhuman creators, i mean some drawings are not just 'bad artists' but clearly a recreation of something they have seen. You should not deny people draw what they see. Here is an example:

[​IMG]

This was drawn in the 16th century when people saw some cigar shaped objects and orbs among the skies. Today there are reports of cigar shaped objects, orbs. Did the military got time machine?

Or this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look, Im not Fox Mulder, but more of a Scully person, I just dont think you can ignore many significant cases, I dont buy the websites that talk about Arcturians, Pleiadians, Siriusians, Draconians, Reptillians, Insectoids, Greys/Zeta Reticulians, NORDIC (like Thor o_O) wtf? They have more details one would say they have met them... and this is total bs fiction (apology if it is not but served like that sounds like crap)

Where are they? Do they exist? Well some of all this crap and hoax may be true, you can look at the facts, there are many quite real things pointing to that, and the Bible or any talking about someone from the skies... better be not true cause if it is... it is that.

Why not tell us if they existed at all? Because:
    [​IMG]

I, I myself do not believe in those that much, im just reading facts of real events and making connections and the problem is that things are more inclined to have some truth than not. And this is just taking some unexplained or non debunked cases, forget the thousand cases of identified objects like someone's misinterpretation or even light reflection of the camera or all these conspiracies about 2012 and how the elite is preparing for an end.

8. Elite Slayer

Elite Slayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    On the bright side:
    We have Chuck Norris. We win. Instantly.

9. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I wonder when we humans are going to realize that a flying saucer isn't a bad idea as a means of transport...
    They're kinda like frisbies :p
    You apply a small force, they spin like crazy ^^

10. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It depends on how fast they could go :p
    Planes requires a huge amount of thrust
    Saucers would require a spinning top and some momentum

They could easily go beyond Mach 7 speeds ^^

11. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh and DSG you're from the UK right? The Rendlesham Forest Incident (UK) is one of the mostcredible cases ever. Even Rosewell that is considered the biggest event now after some declassifications is said to be just Project Mogul balloons and Phoenix Lighs are less of unusual especially since the possibility that the military may have created some special flares that appear like lined orbs is probable.

Rosewell is like that: Project Mogul, balloons or radars or smth, they sent chimpanzees that seemed to have crashed so the found dead bodies belong to monkeys, at the same time some people who know have witnessed it insist on there having been alien bodies. So fuck off with that case it;s full of attempts to disinform or hoaxers, I dont bother with it at all, as it turned out even the biggest event could turn out to be fake, so for that reason I stopped following the UFO stuff lately...

I've talked to astronomers in our observatory about some cases, ofc they like every scientist says ETs have never landed or visited us. I know that story, but when I told them some cases, they didn't disagree just said they do not know.

12. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    And you're in there getting dizzy =p

13. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    lol, and when you puke, it goes back into your mouth or splashes all over your face omg xD

14. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    rofl, and then you're inside somekind of vomit centrifuge! XD

15. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    So so! disgusting :(

16. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's why you'll have some pills to prevent it!

17. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    And plastic armor!

18. Crazed_seal2

Crazed_seal2

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You wont need a pill. Just a wheel going the right speed inside to counter the spinning on the outside so it won't seem your moving.

19. Elite Slayer

Elite Slayer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't like where this thread is going.
    (Although this could've been what the first person to reply could have said.)

20. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uh, have been tried actually, didn't work...