• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what happend to mel gibson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
He is a great actor, though I heard he was drunk and said something racist over a awards thing, and that the movie passion of the christ movie he made offended a lot of people. Though can someone tell me specifically what happend to him? He is a awesome actor, I loved his movies(not interested in the movie passion of the christ though) I've heard bits and pieces and its bugging me, can someone fil me in on whats going on? Is his career done or what? and Why?

Level 9
The problem is in the assumption that he is a good actor, because he really isn't. he is ok at best.

Level 12
No, he IS a good actor, don't judge him based on problems outside of movies hes been in or made.

Level 12
Depends what hes making, he was the main actor, director, producer of braveheart and that was a complete success, he go many awards for that movie. And its very well made.
Though I'm not sure what other movies he made. Also the producer is what supplies the money

Level 12
What does being Australian have anything to do with it -_- its on record that he was drunk while saying shit, then he turned around and did a deep apology and did other stuff to get himself forgiven

Level 13
Basically, Mel Gibson is a member of a Christian sect that is highly against Jewish people. Althought it could be false information too. None the less, dang, the person has something against the jews!

Level 12
According to a leaked report on Gibson's July 28, 2006 arrest for driving under the influence, Gibson made anti-Semitic remarks to arresting officer James Mee, who is Jewish, saying, "Fucking Jews... Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. Are you a Jew?"[100] Gibson issued two apologies for the incident through his publicist, and in a later interview with Diane Sawyer, he affirmed the accuracy of the quotations.

On July 28, 2006, Gibson was arrested for DUI while speeding in his vehicle with an open container of alcohol. He admitted to making anti-Semitic remarks during his arrest and apologized for his "despicable" behavior, saying the comments were "blurted out in a moment of insanity" and asked to meet with Jewish leaders to help him "discern the appropriate path for healing." When pressed for what his thoughts were at the time in a later interview with Diane Sawyer, he cited the vitriolic attacks on his film The Passion of the Christ and Israel-Lebanon conflict. After Gibson's arrest, his publicist said he had entered a recovery program to battle alcoholism. On August 17, 2006, Gibson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor drunken-driving charge and was sentenced to three years on probation. Superior Court Judge Lawrence Mira ordered him to attend self-help meetings five times a week for four and a half months and three times a week for the remainder of the first year of his probation. He was also ordered to attend a First Offenders Program, was fined $1,300, and his license was restricted for 90 days. He also volunteered to record a public service announcement.

In a October 12, 2006 interview with Diane Sawyer, Gibson spoke on his struggle to remain sober.

"The risk of everything - life, limb, family - is not enough to keep you from it… You cannot do it of yourself. And people can help, yeah. But it's God. You've got to go there. You've got to do it. Or you won't survive…This whole experience in a way, for me, I'm sort of viewing it now as a kind of a blessing because, firstly, I got stopped before I did any real damage to anyone else. Thank God for that. I didn't hurt myself, you know. I didn't leave my kids fatherless…The other thing is sometimes you need a cold bucket of water in the face to sort of snap to because you're dealing with a sort of a malady of the soul, an obsession of the mind and a physical allergy. And some people need a big tap on the shoulder. In my case, public humiliation on a global scale seems to be what was required."[117]

At a May 2007 progress hearing, Judge Mira praised Gibson for complying with the terms of his probation, saying,

"I know his extensive participation in a self-help program - and I should note he has done extensive work, beyond which was required

All from wikipedia..

Level 14
Nowhere does it say he's jewish, because he's not.

Basically, Mel Gibson is a member of a Christian sect that is highly against Jewish people. Althought it could be false information too. None the less, dang, the person has something against the jews!

He's Catholic..

Level 9
All from wikipedia..

The fact you take something from wikipedia to back up your statements is bad. this is not a reliable source as anyone can write down anything in it, or change anything, or delete anything. and in some cases-nobody will actually KNOW if its right or wrong, so nobody will correct it.

Level 27
The fact you take something from wikipedia to back up your statements is bad. this is not a reliable source as anyone can write down anything in it, or change anything, or delete anything. and in some cases-nobody will actually KNOW if its right or wrong, so nobody will correct it.
Ever played around with the history feature on wikis?

I take it you haven't, because you clearly don't understand wikis very much.

Level 12
I got mixed up about him being a jew, I apologise about it, but I pasted those quotes to back up some of the other things I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.